Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen ... mostly fellow ladies ...

I bring you the concluding chapter of "On The Other Side".

I decided to tie up the loose ends for now, and will possibly revisit it soon, but I had a snippet written and I figured I shouldn't postpone it. Also, it's a dedication to Tuesday. On this particular thread. Well, a lead in, anyway.
    Lovely conclusion!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Of course, I'm also just as annoyed about the fact that Rodney never really apologized to Elizabeth (any version/clone/duplicate of her) for what he did in Adrift. While Elizabeth is normally a pretty forgiving person, after whatever nightmare she must have endured at the hands of the Replicators, I can certainly understand if she felt just a bit bitter over the whole experience.
    OMG, THIS! That really annoyed me. And then in Reunion he's so jolly about taking over her job, when it was his fault she got taken in the first place (he should have ignored the damn Wraith attack code). And then when he shows remorse in The Seer (I think?), John brushes him off with saying it was his fault. Uh, no it wasn't.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Now see, that ending proves once again that John doesn't care if she's "real" or a clone or from another universe or what, he just wants Elizabeth. Lovely.

On the Rodney/Ronon thing. I have a hard time separating RL from canon with this. S4-5 were so screwed up with all the relationships that any theory makes sense at this point. I guess they intended them to resent each other over Keller, but they never made it clear how Rodney was feeling toward Ronon except to have him as sarcastic and insulting as ever, which violated canon established in TOR that Rodney considered Ronon a friend. John should have flared up again every time turning on the nanites came up which would have caused Rodney to have to apologize all over again, but they didn't want John to show any emotion towards her so that was off the table. It was all a muddle that's not clearing up with time.
    Like what I said above about The Seer.... John should have been cross with Rodney at that statement, instead of trying to ease his conscience.

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
    Was feeling Artsy today. I was mowing the lawn and listening to Nickelback. This song struck a chord with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VMFdpdDYYA&ob=av2n

Nickelback Someday
    Spoiler:

"Someday"

How the hell did we wind up like this?
    Why weren't we able, to see the signs that we missed
    And try turn the tables

I wish you'd unclench your fists, and unpack your suitcase
    Lately there's been too much of this
    But don't think it's too late

Nothing's wrong, just as long as
    You know that someday I will

Someday, somehow
    I'm gonna make it all right but not right now
    I know you're wondering when
    (You're the only one who knows that)
    Someday, somehow

Well I'd hope that since we're here anyway
    That we could end up saying
    Things we've always needed to say
    So we could end up staying
    Now the story's played out like this
    Just like a paperback novel
    Let's rewrite an ending that fits
    Instead of a Hollywood horror

Someday, somehow
    Someday, somehow

[Solo]

And try to turn the tables

Someday, somehow
    Someday, somehow

So I made this....

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...gs/Someday.jpg

ETA: same sig...different font. might be easier to read

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...edaySparky.jpg
    That song fits so perfectly! *sniff*
    "Let's rewrite an ending that fits
    Instead of a Hollywood horror"

You got that right!

I can't do any of that stuff at work. My kids don't give me time. They think the computer is a learning tool for them. Imagine that?
    Kids are just crazy!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Kids are just crazy!!
      Should I tell you how I was beat up by an eight year old girl this summer?
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
        Should I tell you how I was beat up by an eight year old girl this summer?
        3 years olds can throw a mean punch too.
        sigpic

Comment

3 years olds can throw a mean punch too.
          As you heard before I work with a 1 year old now (Im the nurse's mother's helper) and luckily for me the worst thing she does is pinch...otherwise she is very pleasent only cries when you change her and put her in her stroller.
          BALCONIES
          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
            As you heard before I work with a 1 year old now (Im the nurse's mother's helper) and luckily for me the worst thing she does is pinch...otherwise she is very pleasent only cries when you change her and put her in her stroller.
            Sounds like heaven.
            sigpic

Comment

I can't do any of that stuff at work. My kids don't give me time. They think the computer is a learning tool for them. Imagine that?
              Love the sigs and the song. Perfect for Sparky.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Glad you liked them
                sigpic

Comment

Was feeling Artsy today. I was mowing the lawn and listening to Nickelback. This song struck a chord with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VMFdpdDYYA&ob=av2n

Nickelback Someday
                  Spoiler:

"Someday"

And try turn the tables

I wish you'd unclench your fists, and unpack your suitcase
                  Lately there's been too much of this
                  But don't think it's too late

Someday, somehow
                  Someday, somehow

Well I'd hope that since we're here anyway
                  That we could end up saying
                  Things we've always needed to say
                  So we could end up staying

Someday, somehow
                  Someday, somehow

[Solo]

And try to turn the tables

Someday, somehow
                  Someday, somehow

So I made this....

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...gs/Someday.jpg

ETA: same sig...different font. might be easier to read

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...edaySparky.jpg
                  Oh, that is such a fitting song, and beautiful sigs! GitM always makes me want to alternately hug John or jump into the TV screen and strangle everyone for believing FRANibeth's claim without proof too quickly. Argh.

OMG, THIS! That really annoyed me. And then in Reunion he's so jolly about taking over her job, when it was his fault she got taken in the first place (he should have ignored the damn Wraith attack code). And then when he shows remorse in The Seer (I think?), John brushes him off with saying it was his fault. Uh, no it wasn't.

Like what I said above about The Seer.... John should have been cross with Rodney at that statement, instead of trying to ease his conscience.
                  Yes and yes! Argh, that totally irritated me! Must. Smack. Rodney.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

anybody got a link to the story The Crossroads of Eshu? cause i found the youtube trailer for it a while back and it looks like a good story to read.

also whats the status of Atlantis Rising episode First Year?
                    Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 03 August 2011, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      anybody got a link to the story The Crossroads of Eshu? cause i found the youtube trailer for it a while back and it looks like a good story to read.

That's a good question. You'll know something when we do.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Not much to report from Casa Kitty at the moment. Hope you're all having a good day!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm having a good day - I almost made a Sparky banner earlier... and then I got interrupted.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Oh, that is such a fitting song, and beautiful sigs! GitM always makes me want to alternately hug John or jump into the TV screen and strangle everyone for believing FRANibeth's claim without proof too quickly. Argh.

Yes and yes! Argh, that totally irritated me! Must. Smack. Rodney.
                            I want to hug John and smack his so called friends for leaving him standing at the gate all alone.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post

I don't have a link, sorry.

Hey, have you all seen this before? It's from Stargate magazine, from a viewer's poll.

Sparky has 4 on the list! Not bad for a ship in our imaginations.

Comment

I want to hug John and smack his so called friends for leaving him standing at the gate all alone.
                              yeah it was like the others were like "Okay... that happened. let's move on" but with Sheppard he just stands there, shocked and he's probably kicking himself by letting franibeth just go.... Again. it also makes you kinda makes me wonder what the outcome for GITM would've been like if torri did reprise her role as elizabeth. would she have still made that sacrifice?

Hey, have you all seen this before? It's from Stargate magazine, from a viewer's poll.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1312490823

i remember getting that magazine and seeing that poll. instead of hot zone i would've picked maybe the real world one where he actually break containment and risks being infected with nanites. hot zone was just a quarantine.
                              Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 04 August 2011, 02:39 PM.

Comment

OMG, this. Where are my bantos rods?

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1312490823
                                Hee! I remember that! Oh, the epic squee that ensued. For a ship that supposedly didn't exist, the viewers sure saw enough to feel like supporting it in a poll, didn't they?

Comment

Working...
                                X