Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Spoiler:
    i was watching Eureka and it's hard to figure out who would be like the McKay of the Global dynamics. cause obviously Jack Carter and Allison Blake are the John Sheppard and Elizabeth Weir of the group. but who else would be who?
    Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 02 August 2011, 05:50 AM.

    Comment


      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      I wasn't around for that, so, no.

      Very cool!! Surprising they would do a commercial with them like that, seeing how they weren't "the ship".

      Before I start my sig making, I had to pop in the commentary of Coup.

      Gero - Are they going... what do you think... you think they hook up at the end off screen with this episode?
      Wood - Well you should see them as soon as I say cut they just dive into each other's arms
      Gero - They're all over each other
      Wood - Yeah, yeah, they just can't keep their hands off each other
      Hewlett - laughs
      They are still the male and female leads for the show, so it wasn't that huge of a stretch.

      Anyway, I miss the days when I first began watching SGA. I saw the first 4 seasons on DVD, which was so fun I never really appreciated those days until they were gone. Back then I had 3 seasons of Atlantis and 3 of SG-1 that i could as much of as I wanted in one sitting. Sigh.

      Anyway, in sort of of a funny/sad story recently I talked with my sister about Stargate Atlantis and she deiced she didn't like it anymore. Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis were the first two shows that I really collected on DVD and she ended up watching most of them with me. After Season 4 there was a long break because I was forced to watch Season 5 as it aired and it was quite a while before I purchased the last one on DVD. And when I brought it with me to her house once she had apparently lost interest in the show. Not because of any one thing, she just randomly stopped caring. The other day I asked her why and she mentioned that she thought almost all the characters were boring or one dimensional.

      It was kind of depressing.

      Anyway, since you're talking about old shows that people haven't seen I started watching Babylon 5 for the first time recently. I'd never really seen it beyond a few minutes at a time before and the DVDs were some of the most expensive ones to be found, but eventually saw Season 1 on sale and took a look. Now I find I'm on something of a quest to find the rest of them at an affordable price, which promises to be difficult. Ugh

      Oh well. It's probably just as well. After I bought all of Stargate Atlantis and Farscape on DVD I almost don't even know what to look for when I browse for old TV shows on boxed sets anymore.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

      *You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

      "Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

      "Elizabeth..."

      Comment


        Morning all!

        Just dropping off a vid rec before I head out to do birthday things (mine is today).

        Spoiler:


        Edit: Make that two vid recs.

        Spoiler:
        sigpic
        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

        Comment


          Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
          Morning all!

          Just dropping off a vid rec before I head out to do birthday things (mine is today).

          Spoiler:


          Edit: Make that two vid recs.

          Spoiler:
          Happy Birthday!!!!

          sparky_ruffle3.gif

          Comment


            Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            Spoiler:
            i was watching Eureka and it's hard to figure out who would be like the McKay of the Global dynamics. cause obviously Jack Carter and Allison Blake are the John Sheppard and Elizabeth Weir of the group. but who else would be who?
            For a number of reasons, I think of that couple as John and Teyla. I guess Eureka proves it could have been done well. I don't really see any other parallels.

            Happy Birthday, Erin.
            sigpic

            Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

            Comment


              Happy Birthday, Erin!
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

              Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

              Comment


                There was a winter/Christmas challenge over on the whump thread (sig and icon). My shippy brain immediately went to this:



                Comment


                  Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  My favorite line is "I swallowed a bug".
                  With River's straight face - yes, also a very memorable quote. Summer is so lovely!

                  HAPPY BIRTHDAY -- ERIN!!!
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                  Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    There was a winter/Christmas challenge over on the whump thread (sig and icon). My shippy brain immediately went to this:



                    Love the sig and icon!! That song really does fit that scene doesn't it.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

                    Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      With River's straight face - yes, also a very memorable quote. Summer is so lovely!

                      HAPPY BIRTHDAY -- ERIN!!!
                      There's just too many good quotes in that movie to count isn't there.
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

                      Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

                      Comment


                        Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

                        Guess what? I even have a fic rec for you! Not smutty, but definitely got some hot snogging: Friction, by failegaidin. Enjoy!

                        Happy Birthday to Erin! How's it coming with "First Year," by the way? Do you have a better idea of when you may be ready to send it to the beta readers?

                        Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                        They are still the male and female leads for the show, so it wasn't that huge of a stretch.

                        Anyway, I miss the days when I first began watching SGA. I saw the first 4 seasons on DVD, which was so fun I never really appreciated those days until they were gone. Back then I had 3 seasons of Atlantis and 3 of SG-1 that i could as much of as I wanted in one sitting. Sigh.

                        Anyway, in sort of of a funny/sad story recently I talked with my sister about Stargate Atlantis and she deiced she didn't like it anymore. Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis were the first two shows that I really collected on DVD and she ended up watching most of them with me. After Season 4 there was a long break because I was forced to watch Season 5 as it aired and it was quite a while before I purchased the last one on DVD. And when I brought it with me to her house once she had apparently lost interest in the show. Not because of any one thing, she just randomly stopped caring. The other day I asked her why and she mentioned that she thought almost all the characters were boring or one dimensional.

                        It was kind of depressing.
                        That is depressing! Darnit, now I'm gonna have to go watch one of my shiny new SGA Blu-rays. I'm thinking some classic Season 1. Something with Ford being goofy.

                        Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                        Anyway, since you're talking about old shows that people haven't seen I started watching Babylon 5 for the first time recently. I'd never really seen it beyond a few minutes at a time before and the DVDs were some of the most expensive ones to be found, but eventually saw Season 1 on sale and took a look. Now I find I'm on something of a quest to find the rest of them at an affordable price, which promises to be difficult. Ugh

                        Oh well. It's probably just as well. After I bought all of Stargate Atlantis and Farscape on DVD I almost don't even know what to look for when I browse for old TV shows on boxed sets anymore.
                        OMG, yes B5 is insanely hard to find at a good price. I'm still waiting to score a good price on the movie boxset. But it's soooo worth it.

                        Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        There was a winter/Christmas challenge over on the whump thread (sig and icon). My shippy brain immediately went to this:

                        http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...f?t=1312306175

                        http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...stmas-icon.gif
                        AHAHAHAHAHA! OMG, that's too cute! Weir and Sheppard: The Mom and Dad of Atlantis! Yay!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                          Love the sig and icon!! That song really does fit that scene doesn't it.
                          Thanks mandogater!!

                          Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Guess what? I even have a fic rec for you! Not smutty, but definitely got some hot snogging: Friction, by failegaidin. Enjoy!
                          Yes, that's a great fic!! It's most definitely HOT.

                          Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          AHAHAHAHAHA! OMG, that's too cute! Weir and Sheppard: The Mom and Dad of Atlantis! Yay!
                          Thanks SK!!

                          Comment


                            i wonder do you think john ever held a grudge against rodney for re-activing elizabeth's nanites? i mean we saw in adrift, he ripped rodney a new one.
                            Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 02 August 2011, 04:08 PM.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              i wonder do you think john ever held a grudge against rodney for re-activing elizabeth's nanites? i mean we saw in adrift, he ripped rodney a new one.
                              Not that we ever really saw onscreen, in my opinion. Besides, TPTW transitioned so quickly to Carter as the new leader that besides John's occasional "I'm gonna find her"/"I'm not giving up yet" moments, they didn't seem to mention Elizabeth that much. They kinda just kicked her out onto the curb.

                              And in regards to the "Firefly"/"Serenity" don't watch the movie before the series: yeah, too late. But I'm a spoiler lover anyway, so I had already read the synopsis on Wikipedia. Hee.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

                                Guess what? I even have a fic rec for you! Not smutty, but definitely got some hot snogging: Friction, by failegaidin. Enjoy!
                                Grr. I would if it would grant me access. I just keep getting a picture of a goat sticking its tongue out at me.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X