Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Or the Siege 3 commentary with Gero stomping his feet saying "THIS.IS.NOT.SHIPPY!"

And somewhere else, I'm thinking Brad Wright was just laughing his butt off.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      Okay, will do. Would they have all they need on the website, or should I tell them to contact for more info (storylines, etc.)?

Yeah. I don't mind being a major (long as I have the custom avatar I'm good), but it was still a little bit of a let down. Ah well... on to more important things...

I know I promised the teaser for First Year a couple weeks ago and never posted it, but I figured I should now. I need to make sure I'm on the right track as far as my grasp of the situation goes. Comments/helpful criticism much welcome. As far as length, it's 3 and a line pages.

Spoiler:
      Teaser

“Morning, Colonel.” The young lieutenant snapped off a salute as they passed by each other in the hallway.

“Morning, Jensen.” John Sheppard dipped his head in acknowledgement of the gesture without slowing his pace. A wry hidden smile crossed his face. Newbies. The saluting and jumping to attention at the sight of him usually lasted for about a month or so before they finally got the hint that things were run a little bit differently around here.

He turned down a side corridor, taking a short cut towards the nearest cluster of laboratories. The window-lined walkway crossed over an open air courtyard a story below. John glanced out the window. The city was taking advantage of the nice weather; a group of Marines jogged across the space, while gathered on the opposite side a circle of female scientists did yoga. Ordinarily John might have been tempted to join in the sun worship with a round of pier golf or two, but today he had a more pressing matter on his mind.

A few minutes later, the doors to Rodney McKay’s lab hissed open at his approach, revealing the scientist busy badgering one of the unfortunate lab assistants assigned to work with him.

“Wait, wait, wait. You misread it?” Rodney’s voice dripped with incredulous scorn at the excuse that must have just been offered to him.

“I just…”

“How is that even possible?! It very clearly states in big bold letters that those buttons should NEVER be pressed in that sequence!”

“I…”

At that moment Rodney looked up and saw John standing inside the doorway. He turned back to the assistant, who was still attempting to explain what had happened, and cut her off with a wave of his hand. “Alright, alright! Just go away and fix it before you find some new level of incompetence to reach.”

With a relieved sigh, she scurried away. Rodney shook his head and put on his ‘why-was-I-cursed-with-these-idiots’ face. John walked up to him, eyes narrowed, and raised a hand. “We’re not about to blow up or anything, right?”

Rodney rolled his eyes. “Believe me, Sheppard, if we were you’d be the first to know.” He moved over to a vacant laptop with a sigh and began typing. “So,” he said without looking up, “what’s up?”

“Woolsey wants to squeeze in some kind of meeting before his report to Earth tomorrow.”

“Another one?”

“Yeah. Says there’s some kind of details he missed that he wants to go over. Mostly though, I think he just wants to apologize to Teyla some more over not being able to go to New Athos with us.”

McKay snorted and continued with his typing before a thought seemed to occur to him. He looked up at John in horror. “He’s not planning on throwing some kind of… surprise party is he?”

“I don’t think he’s that far gone, Rodney,” John smirked.

“No, right, of course not…” But there was still a faint trace of worry on his face as he turned back to his computer. “Besides, the Athosians usually don’t need any help to throw one heck of a party.”

“All too true.” Memories of all the Harvest Festivals attended over the years rose up and John grinned. Always better to stay away from the Ruus wine. Particularly if your last name started with a Mc- and ended with a -Kay. John shook his head. Reminiscing aside… now for the real reason for his visit

“Oh, hey...” he said, managing - in his opinion - to sound convincingly like the thought had just crossed his mind. He stepped up to the counter that Rodney was working at and leaned on one elbow against it. “Speaking of the actual party… what are you getting Torren?”

Rodney looked up again, confused. “What am I getting him? Oh, you mean… yeah, Jennifer’s taking care of it.” He waved a hand in dismissal.

John raised an eyebrow at him. “She’s buying your present for you?”

“Nope.” Rodney gave a superior grin. “Joint present; from both of us.”

“That’s cheating!” John accused, frowning.

The smug grin continued. “That, my friend, is one of the many advantages of having a steady girlfriend.”

John just rolled his eyes and opened his mouth to make an annoying comment about the unwanted implications of that statement when Rodney spoke first.

“So anyway, how are things getting along between Teyla and the rest of the Athosians?” He typed a string of numbers into his laptop. “I remember things were...” -he paused uncomfortably and looked up- “less than cozy the last time we were there.”

John nodded. “Well, the latest I’ve heard, Teyla-”

“Teyla and her people are doing just fine,” said a familiar voice. John turned to see the woman herself walking into the lab, a shrewd smile on her lips. She was wearing a dark blue top and a flowing skirt, her light brown hair twisted up into a bun to safeguard it from the grabby fingers of the baby slung across one hip. “While things are not what they once were, they have improved considerably over the past months.” She hitched Torren up higher on her hip and began bouncing him slightly as she stood in front of the two men. “If you are worried about being unwelcome, Rodney,” she grinned, “let me assure you that is not the case.”

Rodney cleared his throat, caught. “I was just...”

“Wondering, yeah, we know,” said John, resuming his slouch over the lab table.

Rodney muttered something under his breath which John thought sounded distinctly like ‘hypocrite.’

Teyla laughed. “Do not worry yourself, Rodney. I know you were merely expressing your... friendly concern.”

“Which wasn’t anything like gossiping at all,” muttered John.

Rodney glared at him. “Pot. Kettle,” he said through gritted teeth.

John ignored him. “So Teyla, what brings you and the little buddy down to this neck of the woods on such a fine afternoon?”

Teyla was smiling at her son, holding out a finger for him to grab, so it took a moment for her to look up and answer. “Halling is here, and he would like to speak with both of you.”

“About what?” asked John.

Teyla’s smile faltered for a second, and she tried to cover up the slightly nervous edge to her voice when she continued. “Just a few matters concerning the First Year ceremony that you need to be made aware of. That is all.”

John raised an eyebrow at her, suspicious. “That’s it?”

“Yes.” She tilted her head to one side and sighed. “However, I am afraid you are not going to like it.”

John exchanged a wary glance with Rodney as they followed Teyla and Torren out of the room. “I bet we’re just going to have to wear some kind of stupid hat or something,” whispered Rodney.

“Yeah, that’s gotta be it,” John replied, although he didn’t quite believe it. “It’s the Athosians. How bad could it be?”

<< Opening Credits >>
      That was a great John/Rodney moment. And nice foreshadowing for the episode. A couple of points. The military does not salute indoors or when "uncovered", meaning without hats, and they don't wear hats indoors. So no saluting.

And I don't know if you're going to work Mayel in, but you might want Rodney to mention her. If you're saving her for later that's okay. At this point I think she and John are dating but aren't serious. I will have mentioned that in To Build A Fire.

Everything anyone needs to have an overall idea of the eps will be on the website. If they want indepth info, they will need to friend our comm on LJ. That's where all the good stuff is. I will approve the memberships for anyone wanting to do artwork. They can also talk to the individual authors on LJ or PM us here.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Or the Siege 3 commentary with Gero stomping his feet saying "THIS.IS.NOT.SHIPPY!"

And somewhere else, I'm thinking Brad Wright was just laughing his butt off.
        Hummmm....Let's look at a screencap shall we.....

Not Shippy my ass.
        BALCONIES
        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
        sigpic

Comment

All right, time for me to sign off. I'm got a 3 hour algebra final exam to sit through tomorrow. And by sit through, I mean do absolutely nothing while my student takes it.

Sparky fic time!!!

Night, everybody, see you bright and early tomorrow!!!

Comment

SW, have a good night's sleep and try not to be too bored while riding herd on that exam tomorrow!

Okay, will do. Would they have all they need on the website, or should I tell them to contact for more info (storylines, etc.)?

Yeah. I don't mind being a major (long as I have the custom avatar I'm good), but it was still a little bit of a let down. Ah well... on to more important things...

I know I promised the teaser for First Year a couple weeks ago and never posted it, but I figured I should now. I need to make sure I'm on the right track as far as my grasp of the situation goes. Comments/helpful criticism much welcome. As far as length, it's 3 and a line pages.

Spoiler:
            Teaser

“Morning, Colonel.” The young lieutenant snapped off a salute as they passed by each other in the hallway.

“Morning, Jensen.” John Sheppard dipped his head in acknowledgement of the gesture without slowing his pace. A wry hidden smile crossed his face. Newbies. The saluting and jumping to attention at the sight of him usually lasted for about a month or so before they finally got the hint that things were run a little bit differently around here.

He turned down a side corridor, taking a short cut towards the nearest cluster of laboratories. The window-lined walkway crossed over an open air courtyard a story below. John glanced out the window. The city was taking advantage of the nice weather; a group of Marines jogged across the space, while gathered on the opposite side a circle of female scientists did yoga. Ordinarily John might have been tempted to join in the sun worship with a round of pier golf or two, but today he had a more pressing matter on his mind.

A few minutes later, the doors to Rodney McKay’s lab hissed open at his approach, revealing the scientist busy badgering one of the unfortunate lab assistants assigned to work with him.

“Wait, wait, wait. You misread it?” Rodney’s voice dripped with incredulous scorn at the excuse that must have just been offered to him.

“I just…”

“How is that even possible?! It very clearly states in big bold letters that those buttons should NEVER be pressed in that sequence!”

“I…”

At that moment Rodney looked up and saw John standing inside the doorway. He turned back to the assistant, who was still attempting to explain what had happened, and cut her off with a wave of his hand. “Alright, alright! Just go away and fix it before you find some new level of incompetence to reach.”

With a relieved sigh, she scurried away. Rodney shook his head and put on his ‘why-was-I-cursed-with-these-idiots’ face. John walked up to him, eyes narrowed, and raised a hand. “We’re not about to blow up or anything, right?”

Rodney rolled his eyes. “Believe me, Sheppard, if we were you’d be the first to know.” He moved over to a vacant laptop with a sigh and began typing. “So,” he said without looking up, “what’s up?”

“Woolsey wants to squeeze in some kind of meeting before his report to Earth tomorrow.”

“Another one?”

“Yeah. Says there’s some kind of details he missed that he wants to go over. Mostly though, I think he just wants to apologize to Teyla some more over not being able to go to New Athos with us.”

McKay snorted and continued with his typing before a thought seemed to occur to him. He looked up at John in horror. “He’s not planning on throwing some kind of… surprise party is he?”

“No, right, of course not…” But there was still a faint trace of worry on his face as he turned back to his computer. “Besides, the Athosians usually don’t need any help to throw one heck of a party.”

“All too true.” Memories of all the Harvest Festivals attended over the years rose up and John grinned. Always better to stay away from the Ruus wine. Particularly if your last name started with a Mc- and ended with a -Kay. John shook his head. Reminiscing aside… now for the real reason for his visit

“Oh, hey...” he said, managing - in his opinion - to sound convincingly like the thought had just crossed his mind. He stepped up to the counter that Rodney was working at and leaned on one elbow against it. “Speaking of the actual party… what are you getting Torren?”

Rodney looked up again, confused. “What am I getting him? Oh, you mean… yeah, Jennifer’s taking care of it.” He waved a hand in dismissal.

The smug grin continued. “That, my friend, is one of the many advantages of having a steady girlfriend.”

John just rolled his eyes and opened his mouth to make an annoying comment about the unwanted implications of that statement when Rodney spoke first.

“So anyway, how are things getting along between Teyla and the rest of the Athosians?” He typed a string of numbers into his laptop. “I remember things were...” -he paused uncomfortably and looked up- “less than cozy the last time we were there.”

“Teyla and her people are doing just fine,” said a familiar voice. John turned to see the woman herself walking into the lab, a shrewd smile on her lips. She was wearing a dark blue top and a flowing skirt, her light brown hair twisted up into a bun to safeguard it from the grabby fingers of the baby slung across one hip. “While things are not what they once were, they have improved considerably over the past months.” She hitched Torren up higher on her hip and began bouncing him slightly as she stood in front of the two men. “If you are worried about being unwelcome, Rodney,” she grinned, “let me assure you that is not the case.”

Rodney muttered something under his breath which John thought sounded distinctly like ‘hypocrite.’

Teyla laughed. “Do not worry yourself, Rodney. I know you were merely expressing your... friendly concern.”

John ignored him. “So Teyla, what brings you and the little buddy down to this neck of the woods on such a fine afternoon?”

Teyla was smiling at her son, holding out a finger for him to grab, so it took a moment for her to look up and answer. “Halling is here, and he would like to speak with both of you.”

Teyla’s smile faltered for a second, and she tried to cover up the slightly nervous edge to her voice when she continued. “Just a few matters concerning the First Year ceremony that you need to be made aware of. That is all.”

“Yes.” She tilted her head to one side and sighed. “However, I am afraid you are not going to like it.”

John exchanged a wary glance with Rodney as they followed Teyla and Torren out of the room. “I bet we’re just going to have to wear some kind of stupid hat or something,” whispered Rodney.

“Yeah, that’s gotta be it,” John replied, although he didn’t quite believe it. “It’s the Athosians. How bad could it be?”

<< Opening Credits >>
            Oh, that is WICKED COOL! Yep, John has so jinxed himself with this one, hahahah! Love the John and Rodney snarkage, and the little hints back to the previous episodes. Plus, of course, Clever!Teyla is always fun. I do agree with SR that we'll probably need a mention of Mayel at some point in the episode for continuity purposes, though it doesn't have to be in the teaser if it doesn't fit in there.

Looking forward to seeing the finished episode!

And now, off to tinker some more with RtP2...
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Wakey wakey Sparky lovers. Speaking of Sparky lovers.

Why of all things he could have chosen to say, did John say "You will be, come on." there and grab her hand. Now I have heard that JF was afraid TH wouldn't move fast enough and he didn't want to have to redo that scene yet again, but I want to think like the characters for a moment.

He said "I had to" earlier when he was explaining why he scared her and shot Kolya while he was holding her. John was so confident in his ability to save her that he knew he could never hit her. He knew he could save her and make it all better again. And he did. Sigh.
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                Teaser

“I just…”

“I…”

“Another one?”

<< Opening Credits >>
                Woohoo! *claps* That was well done! You got Teyla just right, too.

I agree about Mayel, though I think that, and stuff like the exact situation with the Athosians (like if Teyla wants to mention more specific events) will be easily editable by you once you get to read the developments in the stories preceding yours. I can pass along Trust to you when I've got through a round of Beta-ing. Plus, we can tell you what will be the nature of things as we go through.

Might also be funny to point out during the 'steady girlfriend' convo the female monster in TBAF to keep up that continuity, something about the difference between her and a Genii being a toss up? Have Rodney strike low. Just a thought.
                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

I agree about Mayel, though I think that, and stuff like the exact situation with the Athosians (like if Teyla wants to mention more specific events) will be easily editable by you once you get to read the developments in the stories preceding yours. I can pass along Trust to you when I've got through a round of Beta-ing. Plus, we can tell you what will be the nature of things as we go through.

Might also be funny to point out during the 'steady girlfriend' convo the female monster in TBAF to keep up that continuity, something about the difference between her and a Genii being a toss up? Have Rodney strike low. Just a thought.
                  Yeah, Rodney is never going to let John live that one down. I'll make sure you get TBAF as soon as the betas finish. I'm on Act 5, Scene 2 so hope to finish in the next couple of weeks. I need to see the second 2 eps also, so I can edit if necessary. Though mine is not part of the basic arc, there is still lots of character conversation that needs to follow the arc.
                  sigpic

Comment

Whoo hoo. Test got done early! And I wrote a new chapter for "Of Detectives and Doctors" on my iPod, so I should be able to post it later!

Never thought I'd enjoy having lunch at 10.15am, but I do!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday and HAPPY SPARKY DAY!!!!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Wakey wakey Sparky lovers. Speaking of Sparky lovers.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ouwillbeok.gif

Why of all things he could have chosen to say, did John say "You will be, come on." there and grab her hand. Now I have heard that JF was afraid TH wouldn't move fast enough and he didn't want to have to redo that scene yet again, but I want to think like the characters for a moment.

He said "I had to" earlier when he was explaining why he scared her and shot Kolya while he was holding her. John was so confident in his ability to save her that he knew he could never hit her. He knew he could save her and make it all better again. And he did. Sigh.
                      Guh. He always knows how to make it all better, doesn't he? *melts*

*cackles* Ohhh yeah, I like this idea! Can never have enough John vs. Rodney snarkage.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                      Whoo hoo. Test got done early! And I wrote a new chapter for "Of Detectives and Doctors" on my iPod, so I should be able to post it later!

Never thought I'd enjoy having lunch at 10.15am, but I do!
                      FREEDOM! Enjoy it! *cheers*
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

That was great!!! Awesome, Erin, can't wait til we get to read the whole thing!!!

As well as RtP, Parts 1 & 2.
                        That was so awesome!! Oh John, you just jinxed yourself with that last line!!
                        Thanks!

That was a great John/Rodney moment. And nice foreshadowing for the episode. A couple of points. The military does not salute indoors or when "uncovered", meaning without hats, and they don't wear hats indoors. So no saluting.

And I don't know if you're going to work Mayel in, but you might want Rodney to mention her. If you're saving her for later that's okay. At this point I think she and John are dating but aren't serious. I will have mentioned that in To Build A Fire.

Everything anyone needs to have an overall idea of the eps will be on the website. If they want indepth info, they will need to friend our comm on LJ. That's where all the good stuff is. I will approve the memberships for anyone wanting to do artwork. They can also talk to the individual authors on LJ or PM us here.
                        Got it. No saluting.

Okay, that'll work. I'll get that announcement up as soon as possible. There's been some pretty positive feedback so far. Yay!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        SW, have a good night's sleep and try not to be too bored while riding herd on that exam tomorrow!

Oh, that is WICKED COOL! Yep, John has so jinxed himself with this one, hahahah! Love the John and Rodney snarkage, and the little hints back to the previous episodes. Plus, of course, Clever!Teyla is always fun. I do agree with SR that we'll probably need a mention of Mayel at some point in the episode for continuity purposes, though it doesn't have to be in the teaser if it doesn't fit in there.

Looking forward to seeing the finished episode!

And now, off to tinker some more with RtP2...
                        Thanks! Yeah, I like Clever!Teyla too, and Johnvs.Rodney snark is always fun. And I'll definitely see what I can do about putting Mayel in somewhere.

Thank you!

And yes, that would be extremely helpful.

Lol! Definite fuel for more snarkage. I can see it.

Spoiler:
                        Rodney: *smug smirk* But hey, if you want to take a date, we can always swing by M-(whatever) and pick up Big Bertha. I'm sure she'd be more than happy-

John: *cringes and looks tormented* I thought that was one of those things we were never going to mention again!

sigpic
                        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Thanks!

Got it. No saluting.

Okay, that'll work. I'll get that announcement up as soon as possible. There's been some pretty positive feedback so far. Yay!

Thanks! Yeah, I like Clever!Teyla too, and Johnvs.Rodney snark is always fun. And I'll definitely see what I can do about putting Mayel in somewhere.

Thank you!

And yes, that would be extremely helpful.

Lol! Definite fuel for more snarkage. I can see it.

Spoiler:
                          Rodney: *smug smirk* But hey, if you want to take a date, we can always swing by M-(whatever) and pick up Big Bertha. I'm sure she'd be more than happy-

John: *cringes and looks tormented* I thought that was one of those things we were never going to mention again!

Spoiler for TBaF.
                          Spoiler:
                          John has named his new friend "Sue". She just looks like a Sue to him. LOL
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler for TBaF.
                            Spoiler:
                            John has named his new friend "Sue". She just looks like a Sue to him. LOL
                            Why do I have the sudden urge to listen to Johnny Cash's "Boy Named Sue?"

Comment

Date OT
                              Spoiler:
                              well my Date went very well. There were some minor glitches such as as we were driving to dinner a car's hood came off and hit my dates car window. Needless to say we were both a little shaken up about that. But other than that, the rest of the evening went well. I even got to give her a good night kiss. (on the cheek).

Comment

I don't speak the language, but I'm pretty sure this is Sparky art:
                                http://melodyinwonderland.deviantart...izabeth&qo=316
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X