Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I'm back on me-time, I could probably help out in continuity... Seen all of SG1 and all of SGA (multiple times as you know ). And I was there when SGA Rising was born... Grammar, however, is so not for me since I'm not a native speaker.
    OK, Falcon and SK I've sent you copies of the first 3 parts of RTP--let me know via PM if you don't get them.

Gater, if you want to be a beta-er, that's fine, you can PM me your email addy.

SR, I'll send you (and a couple of the other grammar volunteers) the post-character-beta'd versions.

Nuna, I owe you that Teyla breakdown, hopefully tonight. And let me know if/when you get through the SGA rewatch.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      OK, Falcon and SK I've sent you copies of the first 3 parts of RTP--let me know via PM if you don't get them.

Gater, if you want to be a beta-er, that's fine, you can PM me your email addy.

SR, I'll send you (and a couple of the other grammar volunteers) the post-character-beta'd versions.

Nuna, I owe you that Teyla breakdown, hopefully tonight. And let me know if/when you get through the SGA rewatch.
      Just came in from shopping and got 'em. I know what I'll be doing this afternoon.

Also, for anyone on the SGA Rising staff who is looking into boning up on your knowledge of SGU for beta reading purposes, SyFy will be running a marathon of the first ten episodes of Season 2 this Thursday from 8am to 6pm, before they start running the final ten of Season 2 beginning next Monday night.

The Rising is upon us!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Yes but John is her team leader and therefore responsible for her.
        As long as she's a member of his team - an active member - sure let him be pissed off that she didn't tell him about it, and that she went out into the field with them. I can partially understand why he would react the way he did.

However, as soon as she was no longer an active member of the team - she reverted back as the Athosian living on Atlantis due to her people gone AWOL. It's that conversation with Carter in Weir's office that comes to mind where the latter wants to keep Teyla out of harm's way while Teyla perceives that as being held prisoner on Atlantis.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Yes, he is responsible for her as team leader, and furthermore, as Atlantis's military commander, he is obligated to set an example for all the men and women under his command. If he makes an exception for Teyla, it'll be seen as favoritism and it would undermine his authority. He may not like being The Man, but the fact is, he IS The Man.
        See above.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        Got it!
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The Rising is upon us!
          LOL, I saw this and my first thought was flood water. The weather was wicked in my neck of the woods yesterday, a boat would have been helpful- or a puddlejumper....

Hope everyone's having a good night!
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            As long as she's a member of his team - an active member - sure let him be pissed off that she didn't tell him about it, and that she went out into the field with them. I can partially understand why he would react the way he did.

However, as soon as she was no longer an active member of the team - she reverted back as the Athosian living on Atlantis due to her people gone AWOL. It's that conversation with Carter in Weir's office that comes to mind where the latter wants to keep Teyla out of harm's way while Teyla perceives that as being held prisoner on Atlantis.
            The 'as long as she's an active member of the team' is the key point to the discussion, as it was the case in the instance in "Spoils of War" and prior. Once she's no longer on active duty, I agree with you that it definitely changes the dynamic a bit. I think both that case and the latter instance you're referring to (at least, I think this is what you're referring to ), with Carter and Teyla in "The Kindred," really amounts to a culture clash; Sheppard and Carter both were brought up and taught to treat such a situation in a certain way and by virtue of their professional positions, are required to do so. Teyla was raised according to very different customs, she's not used to people treating her as though she's made of glass, and she resents it. It's understandable, and I guess it comes down to an application of the old saying, 'The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.'
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
              LOL, I saw this and my first thought was flood water. The weather was wicked in my neck of the woods yesterday, a boat would have been helpful- or a puddlejumper....

Hope everyone's having a good night!
              Eeek! Hope you're okay with all that rain! *huggles*

I'm doing pretty well, just finished reading the first three acts of "Return to Pegasus, Part 1" and OMG it is AWESOME! Y'all are gonna be blown away, Eri's done a fantastic job! I just hope my work on Part 2 will meet the bar that she's set.

Comment

So listen guys this is A somewhat major spoiler for SGU's Seizure but not only are Woolsey and Rodney Appearing but apparently
                Spoiler:
                Whilst promoting his upcoming feature 'Sand Sharks', Corin Nemec hinted he had reprised his SG1 character Jonas Quinn, stating "(I) got back into the boots of an old character in the third incarnation of a franchise". Which means we may see Jonas after all.

Comment

If I was drinking something I probably would have comically spit it out.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    By what?

Comment

I mean in surprise, after reading those spoilers what you just wrote.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I mean in surprise, after reading those spoilers what you just wrote.
                        Yes I was quite surprised as well.

Comment

I have done that.....many times before!!
                          BALCONIES
                          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            So listen guys this is A somewhat major spoiler for SGU's Seizure but not only are Woolsey and Rodney Appearing but apparently
                            Spoiler:
                            Whilst promoting his upcoming feature 'Sand Sharks', Corin Nemec hinted he had reprised his SG1 character Jonas Quinn, stating "(I) got back into the boots of an old character in the third incarnation of a franchise". Which means we may see Jonas after all.
                            Hmm, I'm not terribly surprised.
                            Spoiler:
                            After all, Jonas's knowledge and experience as a scientist working with naquadria would make him a logical choice to participate in the negotiations over the use of Langara as a potential site to reach Destiny.

So, he survived the Ori invasion. YAY!

Comment

Meme time!

Day the Twenty-Ninth: Least favorite enemy
                              The Evil Asgard. Sure, let's take one of the fan favorite good guy alien races from SG-1, and turn them EEEEEEVIL! Stupidest. Idea. Ever.

Comment

Hmm, I'm not terribly surprised.
                                Spoiler:
                                After all, Jonas's knowledge and experience as a scientist working with naquadria would make him a logical choice to participate in the negotiations over the use of Langara as a potential site to reach Destiny.

So, he survived the Ori invasion. YAY!
                                Spoiler:
                                I think he should make the trip to destiny as well.
                                Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 01 March 2011, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X