Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Happy sigh.... That's a really great episode.

I'm so glad it's Friday. I got stuck in an elevator at work today. It was only for 15 minutes, but it didn't really help with my work-level motivation. Elizabeth would not have approved. Of course, she played solitaire on her PC too.

ETA - at least I didn't have a Zelenka type staring at my chest while stuck in the elevator. But then again, I don't have Carter's... uh... assets.
    Ack! That's not good! At least you weren't stuck in there for very long.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Aww! I hope things get easier soon! Poor kitty!! [ATTACH=CONFIG]29396[/ATTACH]

Oh, I have an Atlantis Rising question/request. Will you have any good Rodney/Elizabeth friendship scenes? I really really love their friendship. I'd love to see "Tao of Rodney" McKay, rather than "Reunion" McKay.
    Awww, what a cute kitty!

Rodney/Elizabeth friendship scenes? I don't think we've specifically planned on any, but it is bound to come up at some point.

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
    Sigh, although I didn't see the eps which alluded to this, I'm still displeased over TPTW's decision to portray Zelenka as some sort of socially inept guy with weird tendencies. Yet another example of character betrayal.....
    Ugh, I hear you. That was such badwritingbadwritingbadwriting...

And, since Zandra had to bring in a visual reminder of Lucius into the thread (ugh) - here's a tiny little snippet from the Irresistible ep tag I'm working on for LJ challenge. The muse has stalled on me, I hope that little roadblock resolves quickly!

Spoiler:

Elizabeth Weir was seriously pissed off. Pissed off and embarrassed at the same time. She couldn't get that pathetic worm, Lucius out of her head. "I can't believe how I fawned all over him like a simpering idiot!"

Fuming,she paced back and forth in her quarters, wearing a path in her floor. "To think, the leader of Atlantis, hanging on the arm of a sleazy and disgusting idiot, who was forcing himself on anything female he could get his hands on!" Visibly shuddering and almost sick to her stomach, Elizabeth decided she needed something to calm her frayed nerves and work out the tension which had built up in her body ever since she had come out from underneath the noxious cloud of Lucius Lavin's "love potion."
    How about this to take down the roadblock: Elizabeth takes a shower to clean up from that noxious cloud. John joins her. Insert all your smutty fantasies here.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      How about this to take down the roadblock: Elizabeth takes a shower to clean up from that noxious cloud. John joins her. Insert all your smutty fantasies here.
      Kinda reminds me what I am about to write in my fan fic.......Liz takes a shower walks out and finds a John Sheppard in her bathtub...too bad she finished her shower by then oh well she can admire the view. Btw heres chapter 2 of the fic, mini sparky but there shall be more later:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6638693/2/
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

That would work great if I could write smut. Alas, I cannot. I enjoy reading it mind you, just never really got into the writing of it.

I actually have the whole idea of the story in my head. The muse is being stubborn in that I haven't felt too inspired to write on it this week. Of course, I've been fighting off a cold, that may have something to do with it.

I have about 6K written so far. Not much, but it's a start. I'm hoping I feel more inspired this weekend and the words start to flow.....
        sigpic
        Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
          Sorry for the reminder, but I love that picture. I absolutely adore it. I'm sad, I know. Thanks for the sneak preview of your fic! For what it's worth? This is exactly what I'd be thinking, though I'd probably be in the shower scrubbing my skin raw. Love the noxious cloud verbage.
          LOL - thank you. I kinda liked that noxious cloud part as well. Lucius did create some sort of stanky fog around himself, that's for sure. Yuck! And, I actually thought that pic of him was pretty amusing. You know, I could have handled it if Lucius had just been a needy dork. The way TPTB wrote him (at least in Irresistible) was sick perv and not needy dork. Ugh.
          sigpic
          Signature by Erin87

Comment

Ack! That's not good! At least you weren't stuck in there for very long.

Awww, what a cute kitty!

Rodney/Elizabeth friendship scenes? I don't think we've specifically planned on any, but it is bound to come up at some point.

Ugh, I hear you. That was such badwritingbadwritingbadwriting...

I swear I've read that. *3 sites down, still looking*

LOL - thank you. I kinda liked that noxious cloud part as well. Lucius did create some sort of stanky fog around himself, that's for sure. Yuck! And, I actually thought that pic of him was pretty amusing. You know, I could have handled it if Lucius had just been a needy dork. The way TPTB wrote him (at least in Irresistible) was sick perv and not needy dork. Ugh.
            Look what I found on GW:

"Irresistible" originally carried the working production title "Delicious Fat Guy," when the producers planned to cast a much larger man in the role of Lucius.

I don't think that would have made it any less creepy though. Sick puppies they are....
            sigpic
            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

I was finding a quote for my next chapter and I came across the lyrics of this song, I think it's a great Sparky Song =D, well for the most part probably Elizabeth's POV on John:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18b9W4BWYb0
              BALCONIES
              sigpic

Comment

That would work great if I could write smut. Alas, I cannot. I enjoy reading it mind you, just never really got into the writing of it.

I actually have the whole idea of the story in my head. The muse is being stubborn in that I haven't felt too inspired to write on it this week. Of course, I've been fighting off a cold, that may have something to do with it.

I have about 6K written so far. Not much, but it's a start. I'm hoping I feel more inspired this weekend and the words start to flow.....
                Heh! There is always the snog and fade to black to leave it up to readers' imaginations.

*dangles carrots in front of plot bunnies to tempt them* I've been having some issues with being blocked myself. And it's with my half of our SS6 season premiere episode! Hopefully I can get back in the groove this weekend.

Look what I found on GW:

"Irresistible" originally carried the working production title "Delicious Fat Guy," when the producers planned to cast a much larger man in the role of Lucius.

I don't think that would have made it any less creepy though. Sick puppies they are....
                If anything, I think that would've made it even more creepy.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I swear I've read that. *3 sites down, still looking*

Look what I found on GW:

UGH - yah, the more I learn about this episode the more I dislike it. LOL.

Heh! There is always the snog and fade to black to leave it up to readers' imaginations.

*dangles carrots in front of plot bunnies to tempt them* I've been having some issues with being blocked myself. And it's with my half of our SS6 season premiere episode! Hopefully I can get back in the groove this weekend.

If anything, I think that would've made it even more creepy.
                  The "snog and fade to black" manuever - love it! Mine might end up UST though.....
                  sigpic
                  Signature by Erin87

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

UGH - yah, the more I learn about this episode the more I dislike it. LOL.
                    Heh! Just remember, John's jealousy is what makes this episode.

The "snog and fade to black" manuever - love it! Mine might end up UST though.....
                    Heeheehee! Still UST, huh? When will those silly kids learn, eh? Ah, the torture of unfulfilled lust passion feelings.

Comment

Look what I found on GW:

I think that just made a lot of puppise sick. Delicious - what?!!! Are you kidding me?!
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I personally hate the snog and fade to black manuever. My RP partner wants to do for Sparky for our thread I am like HAHAHAHAHAHA....Crap!
                        BALCONIES
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                          I personally hate the snog and fade to black manuever. My RP partner wants to do for Sparky for our thread I am like HAHAHAHAHAHA....Crap!
                          Oh it can be annoying, but it can also be done very sweetly. I think it depends on how it's done, really.

Comment

I like to tease and suggest... purely out of the inability to write anything beyond the teasing and suggesting. So I have to make do with what I can.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              Oh it can be annoying, but it can also be done very sweetly. I think it depends on how it's done, really.
                              Yes for the most part I am not really good with that because being I can have a dirty mind when it comes to smut....I gotta work on that, which I have been working in in all my fics to keep smut to a minimum(Especially the Sparky H/C I am working on), unless it is....a PWP. For the most part the thread has been just snogging and talking so luckily I don't have to worry about it at the moment. But it takes time and patience but I know with pratice I will eventually perfect to keeping smut to a minimum =D.
                              BALCONIES
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                                Yes for the most part I am not really good with that because being I can have a dirty mind when it comes to smut....I gotta work on that, which I have been working in in all my fics to keep smut to a minimum(Especially the Sparky H/C I am working on), unless it is....a PWP. For the most part the thread has been just snogging and talking so luckily I don't have to worry about it at the moment. But it takes time and patience but I know with pratice I will eventually perfect to keeping smut to a minimum =D.
                                I think i understand what you mean. There are people who aodre smut, there are people who try to avoid it. I think it's best to treat smut just like every other life activity; unless you want to write smut for simply smutty purposes. There's nothing wrong with that. Having that said, I think that passion has a place in a story, especially when you're dealing with intwnse emotions. But, like everything, it shoudl serve a purpose in storytelling. I find that good description of two people being together, body and soul, can be amazing... but also can be badly done. Like anything else, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X