No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just realized, thanks to Twitter, it's been 25 years since the Challenger disaster.

Wow. And sadly enough, I just had a fic bunny appear with an idea.

Be back later.

Comment

*random fly by post*

Was doing some 'other' reading reading earlier, and stumbled across this:

Sparky 2.0 by Southern Red. It says a lot about my obliviousness that I didn't notice Franibeth's wink until it was pointed out.

*flies back out*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        I just realized, thanks to Twitter, it's been 25 years since the Challenger disaster.

Wow. And sadly enough, I just had a fic bunny appear with an idea.

Be back later.

I was just talking about it with my friends after one of them said she wanted be an astronaut. One of them happens to be an SGA fan too....actually we had an epic battle over Sheyla and Sparky. She went silent when I mentioned season 3 was the season of Sparky *snickers*. Sparky prevails everytime.
        BALCONIES
        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
        sigpic

Comment

I've been searching the archives recently, and rediscovered some gold. For all of those new to the thread

Recap of Awesome Part I

Part II

Part III

With the follow up discussion questions

Eri13 did these for (I believe) all the s1-3 eps, and selected eps after that

I want to add to that a big THANK YOU to Falcon Horus for her continued patronage of this thread, even though sparky is not her #1 ship. Your input is always valued here. I hope SS6 gives you some satisfaction re Kate and a series resolution.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            *random fly by post*

Sparky 2.0 by Southern Red. It says a lot about my obliviousness that I didn't notice Franibeth's wink until it was pointed out.

*flies back out*
            Awww, gaaarrsh thanks. You can tell I loved GitM for the Sparky. If that had been Torri, we wouldn't have survived it.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
            I was just talking about it with my friends after one of them said she wanted be an astronaut. One of them happens to be an SGA fan too....actually we had an epic battle over Sheyla and Sparky. She went silent when I mentioned season 3 was the season of Sparky *snickers*. Sparky prevails everytime.
            I'm glad you got your point across to your friend but it's best we don't mention other ships. That gets us in trouble every time. Those other shippers have every right to ship to their hearts content.

I've been searching the archives recently, and rediscovered some gold. For all of those new to the thread

Recap of Awesome Part I

Part II

Part III

I want to add to that a big THANK YOU to Falcon Horus for her continued patronage of this thread, even though sparky is not her #1 ship. Your input is always valued here. I hope SS6 gives you some satisfaction re Kate and a series resolution.
            Thanks for reposting that. We need some more recaps to discuss. *hinthint*
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Great, now I don't know what to say...
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

gaterid! WELCOME BACK! And thank you for that trip down memory lane with the CG episode discussion linkity link. Eri13 did so much amazing work on those and they were such great fun to read, including everyone's answers to the discussion questions. Wow - some great memories there!
                sigpic
                Signature by Erin87

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

*random fly by post*

*flies back out*
                  gateraid! *glomps* We missed you, buddy! Always good to see you.

Wait. FRANibeth winked? Did I miss that, too? *goes to watch the video*

Recap of Awesome Part I

Part II

Part III

Gold is right! Eri's episode recaps were fantastic! I think I'd like to go reread them myself.

Agreed! Sometimes, I think it seems we don't acknowledge FH's contribution to the thread enough, but her presence is one of the touchstones that makes this thread the haven it is. Falcon, and other fans like her, are why we want to make Atlantis Rising a series that all fans can enjoy.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Thanks for reposting that. We need some more recaps to discuss. *hinthint*
                  Heheheh...
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Spent my afternoon watching some Sparky with mom and dad (old good souvenir lol) because like my mom said "It's your birthday and it's our gift to you". I don't know how to take this.lol
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Did ya see it, did ya, huh?

Agreed! Sometimes, I think it seems we don't acknowledge FH's contribution to the thread enough, but her presence is one of the touchstones that makes this thread the haven it is. Falcon, and other fans like her, are why we want to make Atlantis Rising a series that all fans can enjoy.

Heheheh...
                      We seem to be having an FH lovefest lately but ITA on all that. Maybe some of our lurkers will figure it out and join us. As we've said many times before, if you come in here with the right attitude toward Sparky we don't care if you think they are just friends or madly in love. And if, like our friend FH and a couple of others who are not diehard Sparky shippers, you can be positive and respectful and have fun without having to prove to us that another ship is more obvious, then we welcome you with open arms.

After all, you wouldn't go to Chipotle and tell them the tacos are better at Taco Bell. Now, would you?
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Awww, gaaarrsh thanks. You can tell I loved GitM for the Sparky. If that had been Torri, we wouldn't have survived it.
                        Brilliant work as usual I do think if it had been Torri, then the ep would've been slightly different in how it played, but that's neither here nor there now

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                        gaterid! WELCOME BACK! And thank you for that trip down memory lane with the CG episode discussion linkity link. Eri13 did so much amazing work on those and they were such great fun to read, including everyone's answers to the discussion questions. Wow - some great memories there!
                        They were awesome, weren't they? It took me about two hours just to find that one I still want to find the ones from s1, and the back half of s3, which I missed out on.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Thanks Yep, she winked, right before she steps through the gate. It's so subtle that I didn't notice it. Michelle is an excellent winker - her cheek doesn't move at all.

Gold is right! Eri's episode recaps were fantastic! I think I'd like to go reread them myself.
                        It took me a while, but now I have the timeframe narrowed down, I think I'll be able to find the rest. Hopefully

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Great, now I don't know what to say...

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                        Spent my afternoon watching some Sparky with mom and dad (old good souvenir lol) because like my mom said "It's your birthday and it's our gift to you". I don't know how to take this.lol
                        Happy Birthday <- that was meant to be someone salivating for cake
                        sigpic

Comment

Now that I rewatch it, I'm not so sure I did. It was pointed out as being there, but her other eye moves as well It just looks like a wink because of the way her head is facing.
                          sigpic

Comment

*glomps Probie* Happy Birthday!

Heehee, yes! gateraid is right; Michelle Morgan is a great, subtle winker. No one can ever convince me that she wasn't totally playing FRANibeth as though Weir had indeed loved John.

We seem to be having an FH lovefest lately but ITA on all that. Maybe some of our lurkers will figure it out and join us. As we've said many times before, if you come in here with the right attitude toward Sparky we don't care if you think they are just friends or madly in love. And if, like our friend FH and a couple of others who are not diehard Sparky shippers, you can be positive and respectful and have fun without having to prove to us that another ship is more obvious, then we welcome you with open arms.
                            In-very-deed. Come on out say hello, everyone! We have cookies!

After all, you wouldn't go to Chipotle and tell them the tacos are better at Taco Bell. Now, would you?
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Now that I rewatch it, I'm not so sure I did. It was pointed out as being there, but her other eye moves as well It just looks like a wink because of the way her head is facing.
                              Oh, there's nothing to be confused about. She totally winked.

Comment

Happy Birthday <- that was meant to be someone salivating for cake
                                Thank you! I shoud find a cake now or you will salivate for nothing.lol

SK: Thank you!!!!!

My birthday was yesterday but my mom didn't see me. It's why she took my arm, pushed me on the couch and yelled "Sparky family afternoon" lol
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X