Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    And just like that, another Sparky!Family!AU!Future!fic is inspired.

Fic bunnies, don't get any ideas.

They like me tonight. Finished my fluffy one shot about whales and Sparky, and how the two of them go together like ... like whales and Sparky!

Lantean Cetaceans

Trust me. You'll like it. Not that I'm biased or anything ...

Okay, my cat wants my full attention now.

Nite!!!
    Loved it. *dies from cuteness* And I also read and loved "On the Other Side".

Day 3: An episode you hate

Sunday: I hate this one for so very many reasons. Everyone was OOC for most of it. Carson was dissed by all his friends and then killed by an exploding tumor. Ronon and John turned into teenage girls and had a slumber party. Elizabeth lost her mind. And there's probably more but I don't want to think about it. *shudders* This was the sudden end of any admiration I ever had for Marty Gero. Even John playing golf and the game with Ronon couldn't save it.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

And just like that, another Sparky!Family!AU!Future!fic is inspired.

Fic bunnies, don't get any ideas.

They like me tonight. Finished my fluffy one shot about whales and Sparky, and how the two of them go together like ... like whales and Sparky!

Lantean Cetaceans

Trust me. You'll like it. Not that I'm biased or anything ...

Okay, my cat wants my full attention now.

Nite!!!
      That story was so adorable! Just what I needed this morning. Thanks! The writing ability of the Sparky group amazes me.

Irresponsible. They killed awesome villian Kolya as a b-plot in a Lucius storyline. What?! It was such a waste of Kolya's character. Elizabeth wasn't even there to join in the drama, for crying out loud!

Although I agree with Southern Red about Sunday... the guys crashing beer cans on their heads? Do guys really do that? And it was the beginning of the end. Brain Storm was the only episode where I couldn't get through the hour. I loved Rodney in TOR but I wasn't watching the show for him.

Joanna

Comment

Day 3: Least Favorite Episode?

There was an episode I truly not enjoyed yet. But I had a reason to be pissed during The Siege Part I.....I liked Peter Grodin.....and his death was unessesary.
        BALCONIES
        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
        sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy First Smutty Tuesday of 2011!

Gee, I really need to catch up on this meme, don't I?
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy First Smutty Tuesday of 2011!

Gee, I really need to catch up on this meme, don't I?
            Yeah, I'm starting the new year off right by being already behind on everything I hoped to get done this week. But in my defense, I was up late last night swearing off football forever watching the game and am dragging today. Tomorrow I will be rested alert and productive. *nods* That means I will get at least 2 pages done on my SGARising episode.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Questions:

Spoiler:
              Day 4: A character you wish Kolya would kill
              Day 5: Your favorite pics of your ships
              Day 6: A scene that had you laughing so hard you had to pause
              Day 7: A scene you had to pause during to remind yourself it’s not real
              Day 8: An episode you’ve watched more than three times
              Day 9: Your favorite male character (who isn’t your fave char)
              Day 10: Your favorite female character (who isn’t your fave char)
              Day 11: Your favorite SG-1 guest star
              Day 12: A scene that had you yelling at the screen
              Day 13: A scene that made you blush
              Day 14: Favorite pairing
              Day 15: Least favorite pairing
              Day 16: Favorite season
              Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)
              Day 18: Favorite side character
              Day 19: Most annoying side character
              Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!
              Day 21: Best quote
              Day 22: Worst quote
              Day 23: Saddest character death
              Day 24: Favorite in-show lingo
              Day 25: Favorite kiss
              Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
              Day 27: Funniest screen cap
              Day 28: Favorite enemy
              Day 29: Least favorite enemy
              Day 30: One thing you would change
              Day 31: How it should have ended

And y'all expecting me to say Doppelganger cause of what happened to Kate, but nope that's not it.

I don't really have an episode that I truly hate. There are a few that I don't overly like, but hate not so much. The Irr's come to mind. Lucius Lavin was a horrible story-line to play with, especially with the few ethical issues such as date-rape, but on a whole the whole team was involved in some way... and considering how that became a rarity in later seasons, I'd have to be glad they were still somewhat together in that time.

But I don't outright hate an episode - just don't like a few very much.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Questions:

Spoiler:

And y'all expecting me to say Doppelganger cause of what happened to Kate, but nope that's not it.

I don't really have an episode that I truly hate. There are a few that I don't overly like, but hate not so much. The Irr's come to mind. Lucius Lavin was a horrible story-line to play with, especially with the few ethical issues such as date-rape, but on a whole the whole team was involved in some way... and considering how that became a rarity in later seasons, I'd have to be glad they were still somewhat together in that time.

I could count a few, that are on my DISLIKE VERY MUCH list: Sanctuary (for giving us Kirk), Sunday, First Strike, Lifeline, The last Man/Search and Rescue (for not doing that same thing for Elizabeth), finally I have love/hate relationship with GitM. *sighs*

Now, guys, I don't know if you're aware of it, but the sparky_ santa challenge is currently going on. There's a new fic every day, and so far I can tell, the stories are good and mostly fluffy, happy and cute. GO CHECK THEM OUT! And if you have LJ accounts, leave comments! Some stories have only few reviews, and there's nothing more disheartening for a writer than lack of response.
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

My mom "squeeeeeee" during 2 min when she saw Lorne on tv.
                  Her passion is not over.lol

Like you I don't hate an episode. I dislike some episodes (especially in the last seasons).
                  EATG was just the apotheosis.lol
                  I think I'm not like you. I like "Sunday" (Carson has a real goodbye) and "First Strike". There are some heavy Sparky scenes on it.
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    *cackles*

ZOMGSQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Aw, that is so adorkably cute! For a moment, I thought that was John bringing his 'report' to Elizabeth, so it was a fun surprise to learn it was their son Jack. (General O'Neill must be so proud, LOL!) And yes, Jack is totally his father's son.

Nighty-night! *waves*
                    Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                    Ahh, that is so ridiculously cute!
                    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    That story was so adorable! Just what I needed this morning. Thanks! The writing ability of the Sparky group amazes me.
                    Thank you all for your comments, really appreciate them!!!

BTW, if I start the meme, do I hafta do it on the same schedule that y'all are doing it, or do I start at Day 1 and follow it religiously for a month???

Comment

Thank you all for your comments, really appreciate them!!!

BTW, if I start the meme, do I hafta do it on the same schedule that y'all are doing it, or do I start at Day 1 and follow it religiously for a month???
                      i don't think so. just as long as you start it and do it continuously i don't think it matters.

Comment

Question list (cause I'm starting at the top)

Spoiler:
                        30+1 Days of SGA

Day 1: Your favorite character
                        Day 2: Your favorite episode

I'm of two minds on this. John Sheppard, for all the reasons that everyone has already mentioned, but mainly because of his loyalty to people that secures a lasting relationship and even if you screw up, for the most part, he will still support you. Maybe even if he doesn't agree with you. But his loyalty is firm, not "oh hey, he's my buddy, now he's not", if you know what I mean.

Elizabeth Weir, of course, because as has already been pointed out, is unlike any previous SG characters. She could always see the optimism in most dire situations, and she didn't like guns. She gave second chances to people that others could have written off without a second thought. She could see the good in them.

*nods* And John is hot. That's important for me.

Comment

Hello Sparkys hopefully everyone is having a good day or night!

In my little world I have a whumptastic!Sparky fic in the works it's a surprise but when I am done I shall share (I hate having the plot bunnies attack don't you?)
                          BALCONIES
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

Sunday: I hate this one for so very many reasons. Everyone was OOC for most of it. Carson was dissed by all his friends and then killed by an exploding tumor. Ronon and John turned into teenage girls and had a slumber party. Elizabeth lost her mind. And there's probably more but I don't want to think about it. *shudders* This was the sudden end of any admiration I ever had for Marty Gero. Even John playing golf and the game with Ronon couldn't save it.
                            I'm coming dangerously close to actually doing this meme

Sunday was a strange ep. I thought I wanted it (a character based ep) but when I got it, it turned out it actually wasn't. Sounds like every arguement I've ever had with women, except in reverse No? Okay, fine

They did a good job of dialling up the tension. By the time they had the scene in Weir's office, I was really nervous because I could see what was going to happen (also, I agreed with her - this is insane). Usually you can spot a character death in Stargate a mile away, because that character gets a lot of focus prior to it. Take Janet's death in Heroes. I had zero spoilers for SG1 prior to s10, so there was no way for me to know she was going to meet her maker. But she had so much screen time (in a way that really made you appreciate her) in Heroes I that I got a sinking feeling, which was confirmed as soon as I saw Carter in tears in Heroes II.

So while I 'liked' the ep, I think it illustrates an inherent flaw in the writing of the show (if we are to take what they say at face value). MG gets half way through it, then realises that Carson has to die? What? A regular? It's no wonder they can't write an arc if the end result of a standalone ep is that a regular cast member is written out (in the second worst possible way - death dream claims the title) on a whim, instead of rewriting the ep. It's another indictment that they needed an entire character based ep, instead of incorporating small moments in other eps *shakes fist*

That ended up by being quite OT

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Irresponsible. They killed awesome villian Kolya as a b-plot in a Lucius storyline. What?! It was such a waste of Kolya's character. Elizabeth wasn't even there to join in the drama, for crying out loud!

Although I agree with Southern Red about Sunday... the guys crashing beer cans on their heads? Do guys really do that? And it was the beginning of the end. Brain Storm was the only episode where I couldn't get through the hour. I loved Rodney in TOR but I wasn't watching the show for him.

Joanna
                            Irresponsible was so boring I fell asleep during it and didn't bother to watch the end. It wasn't until I looked online afterwards (note that I didn't bother to rewatch the dvd) that I realised Kolya was even in it On second viewing, some good team moments, but Koyla deserved a seperate ep.

As for Sunday, yes we do smash cans on our heads. A good trick is to stand on the can (with one foot), then lean down and tap the can so it collapses - without getting your fingers.
                            There's also opening bottles (not twist tops, obviously) with our teeth. And cellphones. And benches. And car keys. If you're good, you can open one bottle with another one (hard to explain w/o a diagram).

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                            Day 3: Least Favorite Episode?

There was an episode I truly not enjoyed yet. But I had a reason to be pissed during The Siege Part I.....I liked Peter Grodin.....and his death was unessesary.
                            At the very least, Peter Grodin's death actually served a purpose. He and Sumner were probably the only ones *scratches head* that actually furthered the plot through death.

Questions:

Spoiler:

Again, another ep that they proved why they needed someone only to kill them off. FAIL

That's a very good attitude to have. Especially with some of the manure that was produced *shakes head*

Question list (cause I'm starting at the top)

Spoiler:
                            30+1 Days of SGA

Day 2: Your favorite episode

I'm of two minds on this. John Sheppard, for all the reasons that everyone has already mentioned, but mainly because of his loyalty to people that secures a lasting relationship and even if you screw up, for the most part, he will still support you. Maybe even if he doesn't agree with you. But his loyalty is firm, not "oh hey, he's my buddy, now he's not", if you know what I mean.
                            I would also add that that is true of Teyla too. She didn't agree with any of their 'Michael' decisions, and told them as much, but stuck with them because she believed in what they were doing (overall). It's actually true of all of them (even Rodney, even though he'd b**** & whine about it), and something that should be admired.

*MG sigh*
                            sigpic

Comment

No really

God I want to pet that hair!
                              BALCONIES
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                                I'm coming dangerously close to actually doing this meme
                                You and me both.

At the very least, Peter Grodin's death actually served a purpose. He and Sumner were probably the only ones *scratches head* that actually furthered the plot through death.
                                Heck, even Elizabeth sacrificing herself in Lifeline served to further the plot. It was still utterly sucktastic, but at least it was consistent with her devotion to duty and putting Atlantis first.

Again, another ep that they proved why they needed someone only to kill them off. FAIL
                                *snorts*
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X