No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    And I couldn't help but think how cool it would have been if the hologram had been Elizabeth.
    Ahhhh! *flails*

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    TLM was not an horrible episode like "Harmony" or "Trio". I can't say I like it but I didn't have problem to watch it. I agree. David Hewlett did a great job.
    The idea of Elizabeth as hologram is excellent. What they didn't think of it?
    I remember to read a fic where John asks old Rodney how he can save Elizabeth. They had several opportunities to include Elizabeth but thay didn't take them.
    Because that would've required TPTW to get Torri back for another episode, and we all know they didn't want her back.

EATG is the funniest episode of the show. In one episode, TPTB broke the image of the Anciens and everything they did during 5 years. (lot of inconsistencies, stupid ideas,.....). And the french title is a joke. I don't know who chose the title for France but this episode is called "The Empire Strikes Back". It's was a fan of Star Wars I think.lol
    SGA has one of the best pilot on all TV shows but SGA has also the worst final. (just my opinion of course)
    And I share that opinion. EatG was a horrendous, slapped together mismash that should never have gotten out of the writers' room.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
    I'm rewatching TLG (again....) and the scene where Thalen imprints on John is hands down one of my favorite scenes of all time!!!! And I've listened to the commentary, and I love that Torri kinda makes fun of the fact that her hair is NEVER out of place, except for in this ep when she's Pheobus.
    LOL!

And I have to say that I just LOVE all the reactions from everyone else in the room from the time Pheobus/Elizabeth wakes up til..well..pretty much the end of the episode (but especially at first). I especially love Carson and Rodney when Pheobus asks for a moment alone together and Caldwell says no ("They're two consenting adults" )....
    Oh yeah, Carson and Rodney are so Sparky shippers.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    See it was like Carson was tickled that they might finally get together. And Rodney seemed pleased also. But the funniest thing is that aside from a few comments from Caldwell nobody seemed to question that John should be the one to become her "husband" and all that was implied.

And what exactly did Phoebus mean by she would be discreet? Did they actually think she meant only to shake his hand? And since they all thought Thalen was actually her husband, did anybody, especially John, think how he would react when he saw his wife? Now I want somebody to explain to me why John decided to do this if he wasn't a bit interested in Elizabeth. Especially if he supposedly had deep feelings for another woman.
    Heh. There is no explanation. It's just one more overwhelming piece of evidence that John in fact was very much interested in Elizabeth. Checkmate.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    And my argument to that DA argument (totes playing along) is that AS the military commander, he should have been the last person who would have allowed himself taken over.

In truth, I think he should have volunteered at least Major Lorne, as someone he trusted but who he could keep an eye on. Based on history, John's the best soldier in the city (*cough* The Storm/The Eye *cough*) so 1) it would be foolish to allow him to be possessed by someone who might employ those skills and training and 2) take out your best soldier by allowing him to BE possessed by the potential threat.

Had John been thinking with his head, he should not have agreed. Neither should Caldwell have allowed it. I don't think John was thinking with his head at that point, I think he was concerned for Elizabeth and all muddled up as to the wife-possessing-her-so-who-should-the-husband-be conundrum.

And he really subconsciously wanted to be the husband.
    You betcha! The chance to finally get between the sheets with Lizzie? He'd be insane to pass up an opportunity like that! Bring on the smut!

I have a question...I'm working on a fic and I was wondering if what people's thoughts are on what John's and Elizabeth's thoughts on religion/spirituality might be. I'm not sure it's ever REALLY addressed on the show (other than the explanation to Chaya that there is a lot of diversity on Earth)....(I know, this is kinda a hot button topic, and I'm hoping I don't ruffle any feathers asking about it...)
    I'd have to agree with Eri and Probie. I actually asked the author of Mirror, Mirror about the dog tags over at the Fandemonium thread, and she had mentioned how it seemed fitting that a young John would've gone to Catholic school with all those strict nuns whacking him across the knuckles with a ruler. Or something like that. I've certainly adopted it as part of my personal canon. Elizabeth... I can see her growing up with the typical Christian background, but her work and views would have made her very open to considering many religious differences. I seem to recall seeing a lot of Asian artwork in her apartment in The Return, including what looks like a rather large Buddhist statue. Maybe she's Buddhist, or at least lives by some of their tenets. I've also seen at least one fic where she's Jewish.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I know a few people who wear crosses but do not necessarily have religion...*sigh*

Chaya...I got the feeling that she was simply curious...looking for some way to grow, to keep from becoming stagnant...And I kind of got the feeling that she wanted to see what the descendants of the Ancients had become once they went to Earth and those that had ascended couldn't have contact....

Eri, can I send you a PM with my idea and see what you think?
      Sure! I'm working on major pieces of art right now, but I'll get to it when I can. I'm checking the thread as a stress reliever. *sigh*
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Sure! I'm working on major pieces of art right now, but I'll get to it when I can. I'm checking the thread as a stress reliever. *sigh*
        I'm only just getting started on the fic (and the art to go with it) and it's in the very early beginning stages....but I wanna bounce it off someone before I get too far gone.... no hurry though!

SK...yeah...I didn't think we ever had anything concrete...just the general 'yeah she believes in SOMETHING' kinda thing...and him being the skeptic we all know and love. I just really don't wanna be flamed by anyone once this fic is done and posted so i wanted to make sure I got all the info...
        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
        sigpic

Comment

10 things I will never do to my boss.

1/ I will never look my boss like this or I will have problem with justice.

2/ I will never give him/her a gift.

3/ I will never put my ass or my feet on her/his desk.

4/ I will never carry him/her (too heavy for me lol)

5/ I will never hug my boss. My coworkers will think I'm in love.

6/ I will never be happy, sad and relieve (at the same time) to see my boss.

7/ I will never eat with him/her (or rarely)

Or take a coffee with this look on my face because my boss will think I want him/her.lol

8/I will never be stuck to my boss and be at a place I shouldn't be.

9/I will never kiss my boss (except if I really really like him/her)

10/ I will never be with my boss because we are not as cute and hot as them.

There are others things. Don't ask me why I did this.lol
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Probie, you are killing me with that picspam! Ah, the Sparkyrific squee!

I'm only just getting started on the fic (and the art to go with it) and it's in the very early beginning stages....but I wanna bounce it off someone before I get too far gone.... no hurry though!

SK...yeah...I didn't think we ever had anything concrete...just the general 'yeah she believes in SOMETHING' kinda thing...and him being the skeptic we all know and love. I just really don't wanna be flamed by anyone once this fic is done and posted so i wanted to make sure I got all the info...
            Nah, I don't think you're gonna be flamed. Sparky fans in general seem to be far more welcoming of playing with variations in John and Elizabeth's backgrounds.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Probie, you are killing me with that picspam! Ah, the Sparkyrific squee!
              Glad you like it. I have others ideas but I don't find the pics (for the moment).
              sigpic

Comment

10 things I will never do to my boss.
                That was seriously awesome! Thanks for the pick-me-up after a long, tough day.
                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Probie! I love it!
                  My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                  sigpic

Comment

That was seriously awesome! Thanks for the pick-me-up after a long, tough day.
                    Probie! I love it!
                    Thank you. I can go to bed in peace knowing that my mission "give a smile to everyone" is done.lol

See you tomorrow.Bye.
                    sigpic

Comment

Glad you like it. I have others ideas but I don't find the pics (for the moment).
                      I hope you find some pics soon, 'cause I'd love to see more!

Thank you. I can go to bed in peace knowing that my mission "give a smile to everyone" is done.lol

See you tomorrow.Bye.
                      Nighty-night, Probie! Pleasant Sparky dreams!

Comment

Just when I think we can't come up with something new, you surprise me. I loved the picspam. It was perfect. And oh so true.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty

I'd have to agree with Eri and Probie. I actually asked the author of Mirror, Mirror about the dog tags over at the Fandemonium thread, and she had mentioned how it seemed fitting that a young John would've gone to Catholic school with all those strict nuns whacking him across the knuckles with a ruler. Or something like that. I've certainly adopted it as part of my personal canon. Elizabeth... I can see her growing up with the typical Christian background, but her work and views would have made her very open to considering many religious differences. I seem to recall seeing a lot of Asian artwork in her apartment in The Return, including what looks like a rather large Buddhist statue. Maybe she's Buddhist, or at least lives by some of their tenets. I've also seen at least one fic where she's Jewish.
                          One fascinating thing about someone being a Buddhist is that they could openly claim to be an agnostic or even an atheist and still be a Buddhist. The whole philosophy of that faith is built around the individual's journey of self discovery of the universe, not a straight and narrow pathway that's already been laid out. I don't think Elizabeth went along with any particular religion, but her whole personal philosophy towards life seemed to show why she would have at least deeply admired the ideas from faiths like that. It would go far in showing how open she always was to other cultures even when she didn't agree with them, and even her dismay at times when people would fall back and not want to live up to their own higher ideals.

As for John, I could see him being a guy that believed in some higher power, but also believed that the best thing he could do was to try and fix things himself instead of wait around for said power to get around to saving the day.

Together, both of their ideals really fit together since they were both oriented on improving the world as individuals, not just accepting things that were wrong with the world as inevitable, always fighting to put things right.

Part of what made them so perfect for each other when ya' think about it...

Comment

Welcome, Sam StarEagle! Stick around, we always like to hear from new voices!

Originally posted by Sam StarEagle View Post
                            One fascinating thing about someone being a Buddhist is that they could openly claim to be an agnostic or even an atheist and still be a Buddhist. The whole philosophy of that faith is built around the individual's journey of self discovery of the universe, not a straight and narrow pathway that's already been laid out. I don't think Elizabeth went along with any particular religion, but her whole personal philosophy towards life seemed to show why she would have at least deeply admired the ideas from faiths like that. It would go far in showing how open she always was to other cultures even when she didn't agree with them, and even her dismay at times when people would fall back and not want to live up to their own higher ideals.
                            I LOVE this. I couldn't have put it better myself. You've just nailed one of the major keys of Elizabeth's own journey throughout the series, that sadly went unresolved.

As for John, I could see him being a guy that believed in some higher power, but also believed that the best thing he could do was to try and fix things himself instead of wait around for said power to get around to saving the day.
                            Which is probably another reason why John never went in for the ascension thing, if you think about it.

Together, both of their ideals really fit together since they were both oriented on improving the world as individuals, not just accepting things that were wrong with the world as inevitable, always fighting to put things right.

Part of what made them so perfect for each other when ya' think about it...
                            Absolutely! That they come from such different mindsets on the surface (he's military, she's a diplomat and peace activist), and yet have such a similar outlook on how to face adversity, really speaks to how in tune with each other they really are.

Comment

I'm back, for a limited time. Here's a gift while I try to catch up

Spoiler:
                              [ATTACH]9079[/ATTACH]
                              E: After that whole experience with the Replicators & having Niam in my head, I've come to a decision. From this point on, the only man I want inside me is you

Reply 1:

Spoiler:
                              [ATTACH]9082[/ATTACH]
                              J: Aw, shucks, you're just saying that

Reply 2:

Spoiler:
                              [ATTACH]9083[/ATTACH]
                              J: REALLY?! How about right now?

[ATTACH]9080[/ATTACH]
                              E: That wasn't quite what I had in mind, but sure, why not?
                              Last edited by gateraid; 12 December 2009, 04:12 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

gateraid! BUDDY! Welcome back, we missed you!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                                I'm back, for a limited time. Here's a gift while I try to catch up

Spoiler:
                                [ATTACH]9079[/ATTACH]
                                E: After that whole experience with the Replicators & having Niam in my head, I've come to a decision. From this point on, the only man I want inside me is you

Reply 1:

Spoiler:
                                [ATTACH]9082[/ATTACH]
                                J: Aw, shucks, you're just saying that

Reply 2:

Spoiler:
                                [ATTACH]9083[/ATTACH]
                                J: REALLY?! How about right now?

[ATTACH]9080[/ATTACH]
                                E: That wasn't quite what I had in mind, but sure, why not?
                                WHOO HOO!!!! Now THAT'S what I call a Sparky smut fest!

Comment

Working...
                                X