Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    Agreed. I bet they don't even mention it, which is why Picardo gave a vague answer at the con.
    That would not surprise me in the slightest.

Precisely. Those crossovers are only necessary when TPTB are really desperate *whistles innocently*
    *snerks*

Pity. It would've been an obvious 'out'.
    No kidding!

I sure hope so, unless the Ancients actually wanted the Wraith to commit galactic genocide.
    Must be all part of the 'let's make the Ancients look bad' effort that's been put on recently by some of TPTW.

I don't know how far along things are, or even if I'm thinking of the correct ep, but it may be too late for that now anyway. Just thought I'd throw it out there.
    Plans that far out are not quite as detailed as they are for the first few episodes, so it's theoretically possible, but... I'm thinking we probably will just stick with the reference in Box of Dreams. It's the more obvious one.

Right you are again. That makes me wonder even more now. Although it is another side issue.

It'd be interesting to go through (don't do it, it'd take forever) all the SG-1 eps for all mentions of Ancients, and planets that they found Ancient tech on. I imagine the timeline would get uber!frakked! from all of that
    That would take forever! And I only have so much Tylenol.

I'd never noticed before that the two people closest to John are not holding his glass while he pours the champagne. Elizabeth is doing it. Caldwell is making sure that everyone gets an equal portion. McKay is wondering why Ronon is wearing a bracelet, and if the champagne contains any citrus. And I am wondering why, in yet another example that these are not real people/characters, nobody thought to pour the champagne while the glasses were on Elizabeth's desk.
    Easy. It's so that John can oh-so-casually brush Elizabeth's hand as she passes his glass to him. And then they can have eye!sex while sipping champagne. Yeah. 'Cause it's all about the Sparky eye!sex.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      That would not surprise me in the slightest.
      This sounds like a dig at TPTW, but it's not meant to be. The "less is best" policy in terms of background info (with the exception of technobabble) is a staple of tv, this would be the ideal time for them to use it

*snerks*
      I'm struggling to think of examples.....

* Carter moving to SGA
      * Jackson guest starring on SGA
      * Teal'C guest starring on SGA
      * O'Neill guest starring on SGA, SGU
      * Carter guest starring on SGU
      * McKay guest starring on SGU
      * Woolsey guest starring on SGU
      * Keller appearing on SGA

No kidding!
      Yep, I am so glad I didn't have to write anything for Atlantis Rising

Must be all part of the 'let's make the Ancients look bad' effort that's been put on recently by some of TPTW.
      They'd have been better off to have sections of the Atlantis database as unaccessible, so that instead of finding vague references to stuff and working from there, they'd find the tech and try to find a reference to it in the database (with limited success)

Plans that far out are not quite as detailed as they are for the first few episodes, so it's theoretically possible, but... I'm thinking we probably will just stick with the reference in Box of Dreams. It's the more obvious one.
      You would know better than I on that count (and on everything we've discussed today)

That would take forever! And I only have so much Tylenol.
      I suspect the timeline, as well as the 'plan', would be all out of whack if it was followed through from s1. You can't really blame them for that, an eleven year run is a long time, especially when the second show wasn't even a consideration for the first five or six years. I don't think TPTW of BSG had any idea what they were doing (other than a very vague outline) in the first season of that show either, and it only had to last four years.

Easy. It's so that John can oh-so-casually brush Elizabeth's hand as she passes his glass to him. And then they can have eye!sex while sipping champagne. Yeah. 'Cause it's all about the Sparky eye!sex.
      I would fail at that, as I would just drink straight from the bottle for the last drink (provided it equated to one glass).
      Sparky 1 : gater 0
      sigpic

Comment

Happy New Year 2011, Sparkies!

Hopefully, this will be the Year of Atlantis Rising!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post

To you as well

On that note:

Rodney: Sheppard? Elizabeth? It's 12.05, you can stop kissing now

Carson: Ooooh, leave them be, Rodney

Caldwell: Sheppard, if you don't stop that right now, I'll stun you. We have work to do.
          sigpic

Comment

Happy new year Sparkies. Just got home from a party so I'm sorry I'm late on the "Happy New Years"

Comment

Happy New Year!

2010 was a Sparkylicious year. 2011 will be better.

SR: Good summary. I can not believe that I also had a hug from him. I hope to be even more effective in 2011 with my propaganda for SGA Rising.lol
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Good morning and Happy 2011 Sparkies!. If 2010 was the year of Sparky, and it seems like it was from start to finish, I can't wait to see what 2011 holds. Maybe the year of SGARising! I know for a fact we will get a good portion if not all of S1 up and running. Personally I have 17 pages done on my first ep which is #4 in the season and will have lots more time to write in the coming days.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

OMGOMGOMG! I just almost ran in here nekkid. I stepped out of the shower and they were doing a promo for Change of Plans on the local country station. And they mentioned Joe's name! *flails*
                  sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

This sounds like a dig at TPTW, but it's not meant to be. The "less is best" policy in terms of background info (with the exception of technobabble) is a staple of tv, this would be the ideal time for them to use it
                    Though sometimes a little hint here and there can be useful...

I'm struggling to think of examples.....

* Carter moving to SGA
                    * Jackson guest starring on SGA
                    * Teal'C guest starring on SGA
                    * O'Neill guest starring on SGA, SGU
                    * Carter guest starring on SGU
                    * McKay guest starring on SGU
                    * Woolsey guest starring on SGU
                    * Keller appearing on SGA
                    Landry and Bill Lee also guest starred on SGA, so the list is even longer. Gee, looking at all that, it doesn't seem like so much of a struggle, does it?

Yep, I am so glad I didn't have to write anything for Atlantis Rising
                    LMAO!

They'd have been better off to have sections of the Atlantis database as unaccessible, so that instead of finding vague references to stuff and working from there, they'd find the tech and try to find a reference to it in the database (with limited success)
                    I think it has been said that the database is just so big, it's taking a long time to go through it all. That sorta works.

I suspect the timeline, as well as the 'plan', would be all out of whack if it was followed through from s1. You can't really blame them for that, an eleven year run is a long time, especially when the second show wasn't even a consideration for the first five or six years. I don't think TPTW of BSG had any idea what they were doing (other than a very vague outline) in the first season of that show either, and it only had to last four years.
                    Who said anything about blame? SG wasn't originally intended to be an arc-driven show on the scale of, say, Babylon 5.

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post

I think that's a hope we can all get behind! Happy New Year!

To you as well

On that note:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28754[/ATTACH]

Rodney: Sheppard? Elizabeth? It's 12.05, you can stop kissing now

Carson: Ooooh, leave them be, Rodney

Caldwell: Sheppard, if you don't stop that right now, I'll stun you. We have work to do.
                    At midnight on New Year's? Caldwell, you are such a killjoy.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    OMGOMGOMG! I just almost ran in here nekkid. I stepped out of the shower and they were doing a promo for Change of Plans on the local country station. And they mentioned Joe's name! *flails*
                    On the radio? That's so cool!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Belated Happy new Year everyone! Hope you had more fun than I did! +hugs the thread* I am soooooo glad the holidays are over.
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Seven days tzo go, right? Just seven days, OMG I can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                          Seven days tzo go, right? Just seven days, OMG I can't wait!
                          Yep, are you going to get to see it live or will you have to wait until you can get it by other means?

They are getting so many endorsements from various religious and family groups. I am just beside myself with happiness over this movie. Such good exposure for Joe. I can't even begin to tell you.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yep, are you going to get to see it live or will you have to wait until you can get it by other means?

They are getting so many endorsements from various religious and family groups. I am just beside myself with happiness over this movie. Such good exposure for Joe. I can't even begin to tell you.
                            Other means, of course I'll be sleeping when you first get to watch it, and after I do I expect nothing less but tons and tons of flail. I love that Joe's getting lots of exposure. Bless him, he deserves it.

Comment

Oh maybe after this we get to see More of Joe! Yummy!
                              BALCONIES
                              The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                                Oh maybe after this we get to see More of Joe! Yummy!
                                I am all for that!

Comment

Working...
                                X