Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    ShipperWriter, the Sparky calendar was something we came up with a year or so ago. Here's the lineup:

Sunday - Lazy Day
    Monday - Canon Day
    Tuesday - Smut Day
    Wednesday - Angst Day (though I've started calling it Screw the Angst Day )
    Thursday - Fluff Day
    Friday - Pretty Day
    Saturday - Sparky!Family Day

And the 18th of every month is Sparky Day. We picked that day since the Sparkyrific 'The Real World' was first aired on the 18th (of August in 2006).
    Guess that means I hafta repost my story on Saturday as well! Maybe that's when I'll post the second chapter. Ha ha ha.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Awww. I can't wait to get the details and love the little twist. I was all set for the angst.

Ha, there you are. Thanks.

Oh, and SK is probably the only one here who knows the Sparky days. I think she has a list. LOL I always get them mixed up. Maybe someone else knows them all.
    Thanks SR!!! Believe me, I was all set for angst too. Then the fic bunny angel came along and gave me a happy pill. So how could I resist with a face like that?

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
    Hello Sparkies! Sorry I've been "hit and miss" lately. Life has gotten busy again.

ShipperWriter Great fic! Thank you for sharing - needed some happy Sparky today.
    More than happy to help!

BTW, it's awful. Pathetic even! I joined Twitter just so I could follow Joe Flanigan, David Hewlett, Amanda Tapping, and RDA. Here's the link, anyhow: @ShipperWriter

Mostly to see what JF is up to so as to give me fic ideas. Don't ask how but it works.

And at this amazing hour, I am done for the night! Thanks again to everybody who read my story, Chapter 2 is almost done, will post for Sparky!family Day on Saturday!

: Okie dokie. I'm gonna go make myself a sandwich.

PS -- just started watching "Rising" FOR THE FIRST TIME! I LOVE IT!

Ok. Done.

Comment

That would make a great fic. I'd love to see the Charm City folks go to Atlantis as part of a huge celebration or something. First sentence: Mary Alice: "You want us to what?"
      That is actually in an overly complicated fic I have toyed with from time to time.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
        Missing Moments Chapter 45: McKay and Mrs. Miller (aka the one where we find out about alt!Sparky)
        Enjoy!!

Spoiler:
        45: McKay and Mrs. Miller

(during the ep)
        Rod sat down in Elizabeth's office and checked if they were truly alone. "So, Doctor Weir. Do you want to know how your other you is faring?"
        She gave him a polite smile. "Not really, I like my life as it is."
        "So, I guess you and Colonel Sheppard are happily married then?"
        For barely a second she looked at him stumped. "Euhm, no."
        "Ah, so you already divorced."
        "Divorced?" Elizabeth asked surprised and Rod nodded.
        "Oh yeah, God knows why you two ever married. You never saw eye to eye on anything. And besides, our Sheppard is a prick and I always wondered what you saw in him."
        "So, John and I are married?"
        "Were." Rod pointed out. "You were already married when you joined the expedition and constantly bickering, but when you caught him in bed with some blonde alien woman not long after arriving in the city, you filed for divorce."
        Elizabeth gaped at Rodney's double. "Are you serious?"
        "Oh, yes very." He gave her a smile, then suddenly went for his wallet. "You want to see your son?"
        "My son?" She squeaked.
        Rod nodded and handed her a picture. "His name is Nick and he's one of the sweetest kids in the city and he's the only reason you and Sheppard still talk outside of work."
        She stared at the picture with large eyes. The boy on the photo was around four, had her curious, sparkling green eyes and John's messy dark hair.
        "My son..." She whispered.
        Rod gave her a smile and got up. "You can keep the picture."

(after the ep)
        Elizabeth sat on her bed and stared at the picture of her son. She had never really considered starting a family, especially not when leading an expedition of this size and importance, but now that she knew it was possible...
        At that moment John entered and he sat down besides her.
        "Who's that?" He asked as he bopped his head towards the photo.
        She gave him the picture. "Rod told me about him."
        John stared at the photo and suddenly his eyes widened. "Is that... it can't be..."
        She threw him a look that said he was right.
        "That's our son?" John asked, sounding baffled and Elizabeth nodded.
        "Rod told me about..." John swallowed, clearly uncomfortable with the subject.
        "Our failed marriage?" Elizabeth asked and John nodded.
        "Yeah." He turned to her. "But that Sheppard is not me, I could never... ever..."
        She gently cupped his cheek. "I know and I trust you implicitly."
        He gave her a gentle smile and glanced back at the picture. "We do make gorgeous kids though."
        Her soft laugh made his smile grow. "We sure do." But then she turned serious again. "It's made me seriously think about the posibilty of having a family in this city."
        For a few moments he stayed quiet as he stared at the picture, until he eventually whispered. "Me too."
        Possible Sparky kids in the future? What could be better?
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
          Missing Moments Chapter 45: McKay and Mrs. Miller (aka the one where we find out about alt!Sparky)
          Enjoy!!

Spoiler:
          45: McKay and Mrs. Miller

(during the ep)
          Rod sat down in Elizabeth's office and checked if they were truly alone. "So, Doctor Weir. Do you want to know how your other you is faring?"
          She gave him a polite smile. "Not really, I like my life as it is."
          "So, I guess you and Colonel Sheppard are happily married then?"
          For barely a second she looked at him stumped. "Euhm, no."
          "Ah, so you already divorced."
          "Divorced?" Elizabeth asked surprised and Rod nodded.
          "Oh yeah, God knows why you two ever married. You never saw eye to eye on anything. And besides, our Sheppard is a prick and I always wondered what you saw in him."
          "So, John and I are married?"
          "Were." Rod pointed out. "You were already married when you joined the expedition and constantly bickering, but when you caught him in bed with some blonde alien woman not long after arriving in the city, you filed for divorce."
          Elizabeth gaped at Rodney's double. "Are you serious?"
          "Oh, yes very." He gave her a smile, then suddenly went for his wallet. "You want to see your son?"
          "My son?" She squeaked.
          Rod nodded and handed her a picture. "His name is Nick and he's one of the sweetest kids in the city and he's the only reason you and Sheppard still talk outside of work."
          She stared at the picture with large eyes. The boy on the photo was around four, had her curious, sparkling green eyes and John's messy dark hair.
          "My son..." She whispered.
          Rod gave her a smile and got up. "You can keep the picture."

(after the ep)
          Elizabeth sat on her bed and stared at the picture of her son. She had never really considered starting a family, especially not when leading an expedition of this size and importance, but now that she knew it was possible...
          At that moment John entered and he sat down besides her.
          "Who's that?" He asked as he bopped his head towards the photo.
          She gave him the picture. "Rod told me about him."
          John stared at the photo and suddenly his eyes widened. "Is that... it can't be..."
          She threw him a look that said he was right.
          "That's our son?" John asked, sounding baffled and Elizabeth nodded.
          "Rod told me about..." John swallowed, clearly uncomfortable with the subject.
          "Our failed marriage?" Elizabeth asked and John nodded.
          "Yeah." He turned to her. "But that Sheppard is not me, I could never... ever..."
          She gently cupped his cheek. "I know and I trust you implicitly."
          He gave her a gentle smile and glanced back at the picture. "We do make gorgeous kids though."
          Her soft laugh made his smile grow. "We sure do." But then she turned serious again. "It's made me seriously think about the posibilty of having a family in this city."
          For a few moments he stayed quiet as he stared at the picture, until he eventually whispered. "Me too."
          Me love Sparky!family!!! Well, at least the fic bunnies are reproducing again!!!

Seriously. You deserve an award or something!

Comment

So as I'm still watching "Rising" I did a few screen caps from the Gate room speech and picked up on a few things.

Spoilered for pics. Don't want to overload anybody's modem.

Spoiler:
            Sheppard is winding his way through the corridors and curtly greets, "Colonel," still poker faced.

Then Elizabeth bursts in the room. And John's facial expressions -- and his eyes -- change on a dime!

He just lights up! And he keeps smiling and his eyes stay on Elizabeth for most of her speech.

Then when she is done, while the 'Gate is dialing, Sumner comes over to John and does his whole "I-hate-your-guts-but-I'm-stuck-with-you-so-just-make-sure-you-remember-who's-giving-the-orders." Well, that's my interpretation anyway.

And John replies, ever so innocently, "That would be Dr. Weir, right?" And just to top it off:

As in: "I'm not taking any crap from you, so you can just forget about that right now. Don't I have a pretty smile?"

And the Sparky Sheppard cheerleader in me does a cartwheel!

Also, this part ties in excellently with "Misbegotten" and the line about defending Elizabeth's honor. Now at that time, they'd known each other for a year, thereabout. But in the pilot, he barely knows her!!! I'm thinking that John got a crush on Elizabeth when he first met her, and because he was a major, feeling that Sumner would keep him low on the food chain, that he wasn't going to be around her that much.

Then Sumner has an accident. Fast food isn't good for you.

And I'll be back to edit this in a moment after watching more of the eppy.
            Last edited by ShipperWriter; 15 September 2010, 10:26 PM. Reason: Finished watching "Rising" in HD at 2:25am. Hee hee!

Comment

Okay, last post of the night, but I have confirmation of Sparky!

Sparky Shippers, I pose you this question:

Do you look at your boss like this?

Spoiler:

The Sparky Shippers rest.

Comment

And I'm back. WOW. Got some nice screen caps.

Anyhow, my analysis.

I don't know how I ever missed this, but OMG this episode is so full of Sparky, how CAN you miss it?

Spoilered for waaaay too many Sparky screen caps.

Spoiler:
                Briefly: the champagne look.

The wave that John throws at Elizabeth as they're leaving to go to Athos.
                (couldn't get a decent pic, sorry)

The look on their faces when they find "their" balcony.

Looking over the edge.

And I was paying attention. Their first fight on the balcony is the first time she calls him "John". Just ... throwin that crumb out there.

And the end of the eppy, when she asks him to assemble his team to get back out there.

They have gotten so stinkin comfortable around each other, even by this point, that the UST is boiling already.

Ok. I think I'm done. Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                  Possible Sparky kids in the future? What could be better?
                  That end there totally reminded me of one of the season 1 episodes I can't remember which one. But John says he has no children at least not yet.

Comment

Well if you don't mind my tooting my own horn, try these: Beautiful and Flowers For Elizabeth
                    Toot away! Sigh, I love those two stories. Exactly what I needed. Thank you!
                    sigpic
                    Signature by Erin87

Comment

I was just watching Hot Zone. And wow, Lizzie wants to give John the silent treatment for not listening to her orders. I'd be mad too if I were her. Anyone know of any fics for that episode?

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        Okay, last post of the night, but I have confirmation of Sparky!

Sparky Shippers, I pose you this question:

Do you look at your boss like this?

The Sparky Shippers rest.
                        Or this?

Spoiler:

Or This?

Or this?

Or this?

And here's the wave.

Spoiler:

Originally posted by Kinky_Carter View Post
                        That end there totally reminded me of one of the season 1 episodes I can't remember which one. But John says he has no children at least not yet.
                        It was in Childhood's End when Keras asked him if he has "young".
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Or this?

Spoiler:

Or This?

Or this?

Or this?

And here's the wave.

Spoiler:

It was in Childhood's End when Keras asked him if he has "young".
                          Ah, yes, I had a feeling that was it but wasn't sure.

Comment

What do you mean? I look at my male bosses like that all the time. I also cry when they go away. Totally normal. /sarcasm

I did the same thing you did, ShipperWriter, in watching Trinity last night. And I followed SR's example and started trying to look for shippy moments. There are a ton in Trinity, but two that I hadn't really caught before were the look on John's face when she pwns Caldwell and the look on his face when Rodney says Elizabeth will listen to him. His expression is adorable both times. I don't have time to cap now, but watch and enjoy!
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Or this?

Spoiler:
                              [MG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/normal_atl_302_1181.jpg[/IMG]

Or This?
                              [IG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/sga-1x20-1591.jpg[/IMG]

Or this?
                              [MG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/sga-3x06-2403.jpg[/IMG]

Or this?
                              [IG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/sga-1x04-1909.jpg[/IMG]

And here's the wave.

Spoiler:
                              [IG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/adinasga_1_413.jpg[/IMG]
                              (((Southern Red)))

Thank you thank you thank you!!! Just what I needed to see to start the day!

And guttery thought on that last pic with John in the infirmary with the funky red orange scrubs:
                              Spoiler:
                              He's already in bed ... GAH!!!

Oh thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                                What do you mean? I look at my male bosses like that all the time. I also cry when they go away. Totally normal. /sarcasm

I did the same thing you did, ShipperWriter, in watching Trinity last night. And I followed SR's example and started trying to look for shippy moments. There are a ton in Trinity, but two that I hadn't really caught before were the look on John's face when she pwns Caldwell and the look on his face when Rodney says Elizabeth will listen to him. His expression is adorable both times. I don't have time to cap now, but watch and enjoy!
                                *adds "Trinity" to list of episodes to watch. Sadly, for the first time. Then looks at clock and realizes she will be runnin late soon*

Comment

Working...
                                X