No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello beautiful thread (except you SK because you totally ignore me since many days.lol)

Kris: Great missing moment.

My two cents about your conversation. TPTB want to write several possibilites without ever achieving them. Thay don't want to lose fans so:
    -When Weir gives a hug to John, Teyla gives a hug to John.
    -When Teyla is kissed by John, Elizabeth jumps on John and his lips.
    -When John carries Teyla, two episode after Elizabeth is in his arms.
    They don't want to take risks.
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      Hello beautiful thread (except you SK because you totally ignore me since many days.lol)

Kris: Great missing moment.

My two cents about your conversation. TPTB want to write several possibilites without ever achieving them. Thay don't want to lose fans so:
      -When Weir gives a hug to John, Teyla gives a hug to John.
      -When Teyla is kissed by John, Elizabeth jumps on John and his lips.
      -When John carries Teyla, two episode after Elizabeth is in his arms.
      They don't want to take risks.
      True and then they dropped both of them like a hot rock. Lame.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Either they were totally shipping them and are too chicken to admit it, or they were just playing with us. Perhaps a bit of both. But that's just my theory.

*snickers* Be afraid. Be very afraid. Muahahah.

Even when they tried (and failed! HAHAHAH!) to get rid of Lizzeh. Pesky and hard to kill, indeed.
        There are tons of ways they could've brought Lizzie back. I guess without her the battle between John/Elizabeth and John/Teyla died like that. And John was alone and Teyla got herself a family. I'm sure if Elizabeth was to have stayed that the relationship between John and Elizabeth would have strengthened.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          They were playing with us, totally. You don't have John/Elizabeth kiss--and bring attention to it at the end of the episode--without having a reason to do it. They knew what the shipper fans would do, even if it was 'possessed by spirits'. There's still a motive there, because it could have been anyone. You could have done TLG with anyone--could you imagine Thalen and Phoebus as Rodney and Teyla? Ronon and Weir? Any pairing would have worked.

Nope, they had nefarious plans for having John/Elizabeth kiss without truly making them kiss. They knew. They just didn't acknowledge, at least in my opinion.
          Lips touching lips doesn't necessarily make people kiss - as we know from other SGA eps. And as you said, any pairing would have worked, but PTB intentionally picked Elizabeth and John to play Mr. and Mrs. Smith with us. Which means they were completely aware of the shipper - fans and ship's popularity and did it totally on purpose - which, in my book is a kind of acknowledgment.
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            Lips touching lips doesn't necessarily make people kiss - as we know from other SGA eps. And as you said, any pairing would have worked, but PTB intentionally picked Elizabeth and John to play Mr. and Mrs. Smith with us. Which means they were completely aware of the shipper - fans and ship's popularity and did it totally on purpose - which, in my book is a kind of acknowledgment.
            Works for me. I'm going with that.
            sigpic

Comment

Missing Moments Part 47: The Return (aka the one where they take it a step further)
              Quite a long one (too long for one post), so enjoy!!

Spoiler:
              47: The Return

(after John leaves Elizabeth's quarters on Atlantis)

Elizabeth stared out of the window to gaze at the city that had once belonged to her. It made her feel so incredibly sad that they had to leave it behind. The fact that the Ancients took it over from them, didn't really lessen the pain.

A knock sounded on her door again and she sighed. She really wasn't in the mood for visitors right now. But before she could say anything, the door opened and John walked in again. He walked straight over to her and wrapped his arms around her without hesitation.

"I'll miss this city too." He whispered softly.

---

(after the team is on Earth for about a week)

John woke up with a groan as he slammed the alarm into blissful silence and pulled the woman next to him closer.

"Morning." Elizabeth mumbled.

"Morning, sunshine." He said and turned her to him, giving her a soft kiss.

"At what time do you need to be at the SGC?"

He groaned again. "I really want to call in a sickday."

"Still not getting used to your new team?"

"They're blundering idiots. Don't tell Rodney this, but I actually miss him being a part of my team. He could whine my ears off, but at least he's not a blundering idiot... not always anyway."

Elizabeth gave him a smile.

He sat up a bit straighter and slightly leaned over her. "You know what I would really love to do?"

She shook her head.

"Take a couple of days off and take you on a vacation somewhere."

Her smile grew. "That sounds like just the thing I need... we need."

"Where do you want to go?"

Her eyebrows rose a bit. "Gosh, I don't know. But I would prefer somewhere warm with a pool."

"Warm with a pool. Noted."

"You really want to do this, don't you?"

He nodded enthusiastically. "Oh, yeah."

A week later Elizabeth found herself by the side of a pool in a red bikini in one of the big hotels of Las Vegas.

"You've been cooking out here for the last hour, you sure you don't want to come inside and play some games with me?"

She looked up at John with a bit of a grin when she saw his eyes were roaming over her body.

"What are we gonna play?"

"Poker?"

She gave him a look. "You're gonna have to do better than that."

His grin grew cheeky. "Well, we can always retreat to our room for some..." He licked his lips as his eyes travelled over her body again. "private games."

"Horny much?"

"Just a bit." He admitted with a crooked grin. "And the sight of you in those two inches of clothing doesn't help much."

Her smile grew. "If we're gonna play games, we need a bet."

"Alright." He seemed to think for a moment. "If I can wear you out first..." Then he looked so serious it nearly freaked her out. "We'll get married."

Her breathing stopped for a second and when she looked him in the eye, she knew he really was being serious. "John..." She sat up straight and he sat down next to her.

"Look, Elizabeth, I... I..." He licked his lips again, out of nervousness this time."I want more of what we have and I want to take the next step."

She gently touched his cheek. "I don't need to lose a bet to want to marry you, John, because... I want to take the next step too."

He smiled, wrapped his arms around her and pulled her in a hug. "Are you sure?"

"Yes." She laughed, barely believing it herself. "Yes, I want to marry you."

Elizabeth could barely believe this was happening and she had also imagined it completely differently. Yes, a wedding in the presence of Elvis and without her family was something she had never thought she'd do. Yet here she was, standing in front of an Elvis look-a-like, waiting for her future husband with absolutely no family in sight... on the contrary... he hadn't even met her mother yet. Oh gosh, what must her mother think?

But all her doubts faded away like snow in the sun when he walked inside the chapel. God knows where he had found dress blues with the right rank and insignias, but he looked absolutely smashing.

John stared at Elizabeth who was standing in front of Elvis. He barely believed this was really going to happen. She looked absolutely stunning in the simple cream colored dress.

He gave her a crooked grin. "Sorry I'm late, uniform gave me some trouble."

"I forgive you... if you say 'I do' to his questions." And she motioned towards Elvis.

His grin grew. "Deal... if you say 'I do' too."

She gave him a tender smile. "Always."

When Elizabeth woke up, the first thing she noticed was the golden band around her finger and a smile appeared on her face. She and John got married. They got married!! It still sounded surreal.

"Morning Mrs. Sheppard."

She turned to John and her smile grew even more. "Morning, Mr. Weir."

He laughed and pulled her in his arms. "I actually do like the sound of that."

"Good." She joked and kissed him soundly. "You know, my mother is going to kill us."

"Really?" He asked with a tone of worry in his voice.

"I married a man she hasn't even met yet. Yes... she will kill us."

"Does she have to know?"

She gave him a glare. "John, she's my mother. And besides, I've been wanting to introduce you for quite a long time now. The timing just never worked out."

"But now that we are here together.."

"And especially now that we are married."

They both smiled at that.

"You want to introduce me to her."

"Yes."

John looked a bit uncomfortable and she knew what he was thinking, so she cupped his cheek in her hand and gave him an encouraging smile.

"You'll do just fine."

"Elizabeth?" Angela Weir asked surprised as she opened her door. "My gosh, it's been ages." She pulled her daughter inside and hugged her tight. "How are you, sweetheart?"

"I'm ok, mom. I actually want you to meet someone."

Her mother gave her a strange look. "Really?"

Elizabeth pointed towards John who stepped inside the house.

"John, this is my mom, Angela. Mom, this John Sheppard... my husband."

For a moment Angela just stared at John who tried to give her a confident smile.

"Husband?" She breathed.

"Yes, mom, we got married a couple of days ago."

Angela let go of her daughter, walked further inside and sat down heavily on the couch. "Husband?"

"Yes, John is my husband." And she motioned him closer.

He carefully walked closer to Elizabeth and her mother. "Mrs. Weir, it's an honor to meet you."

Angela ignored him. "You got married?"

"Otherwise John wouldn't be husband."

"This isn't funny, Elizabeth. God, if your father knew..."

"Daddy isn't here anymore, mom."

"Too bad, or he would kick you both out."

"Mom!"

"Elizabeth, have you thought this through? With your job and responsibilities."

"We'll be fine."

"I'm sure that's what you thought when you moved in with Simon."

"Mom, this is completely different."

Angela huffed.

"Trust me, mom, this is different. John and I...we're..."

"What? Soulmates?" Angela asked sarcastically.

"Yes." John said without hesitation and Elizabeth gave him a surprised look, as did Angela. "From the moment I met your daughter I knew that she would come to mean a lot to me... and that's putting it mildly. She's the most important thing to me in the entire universe. And the fact that we're now married still blows my mind. She's the best thing that ever happened to me and I know I'm way below her standards and I know I don't deserve her, but I love your daughter with every fiber of my being and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I did want to meet you before we got married, but the timing never worked out and I'm sorry for that."

Elizabeth gaped at John, barely believing he was talking so openly about his feelings for her... to her mother of all people.

Angela looked intently at her son-in-law. "I'd like to talk to my daughter in private. You can wait in the kitchen."

John nodded and stepped out of the room, closing the door behind him.

"Mom..."

Angela stared at her daughter.

"Please tell me you didn't marry in a whim."

Elizabeth looked away and Angela let out a sigh.

"Elizabeth..."

"Mom, it's nothing like that. I've known John for two and a half years. We clicked right away in a way that I've never known before.We've been more than friends for over a year now. I love him with all my heart and with everything I am. We may have gotten married in a whim, but what we have... what we have isn't a whim. I normally don't go for that soulmate stuff and all that meant to be stuff, but with John... what I have with him makes me believe in it."

Angela looked at her daughter intently. "Is he the same John you can't stop talking about every time you visit me?"

Elizabeth slightly smiled. "The one and only."

The older woman's eyes lit up at that. "I always had a feeling there was more going on between the two of you."

"I love him, mom, so very much."

"And your career?"

"Honestly? If I have to choose between my career or spend the rest of my live with him. I'd choose him."

That rendered Angela silent. In every relationship her daughter had been in before, her career had always come first.

"Would he do the same for you?"

"Yes." Elizabeth answered without hesitation.

"But you work together and both your jobs are very important to whatever you're doing, how will you solve that?"

"Besides you, no one knows about our marriage and only one of our friends knows that we're together. We've managed to keep our relationship quiet for now and we're planning to keep it quiet."

"Even though neither of you are still working for the facility you worked before?"

Elizabeth nodded. "Yes, but we're still hoping... and praying that we'll be able to return there one day."

Angela smiled. "You love it there, don't you?"

"It's our home."

(between the scene were Carson visits Elizabeth and the restaurant scene)

John entered the apartment that Elizabeth and he had been sharing since returning to Earth.

"Hey hon." John smiled, went over to the couch where Elizabeth was sitting and gave her a quick kiss. "How was your day?"

"I got a visitor."

"Really?" John asked. "Who was it?"

"Carson. He wanted to convince me to join you guys to the restaurant tonight."

"You agreed, right?"

"I told him maybe. God, John, I'm so tired that we're still lying to our friends. They're our friends, I think that if someone would understand, it'd be them."

He sighed and sat down on the couch next to her. "I know. I hate it too. But remember what we talked about..."

"If the wrong people find out, we can forget about any future positions on Atlantis. I know John, but don't you think we can trust our friends?"

"Alright, we'll tell them tonight, after desert."

"After desert?"

"Yup."

She smiled and kissed him soundly.

Sig by me

Comment

And the second part!
                Enjoy this one too

Spoiler:

(after the Liz/Jack hug)

As Jack walked away from Elizabeth, he suddenly turned around and walked back to her.

"Euhm, Elizabeth?"

She turned back to the older man. "Yes, General."

"A couple of days ago I received a memo in my email. I didn't have any time yet to get deeper into it, so I was hoping you could help me out with it."

"Of course, what was it about?"

He gave her a look. "It was about a marriage."

Elizabeth's face fell slightly. "And what does that have to do with me?"

"Well, it was about a Doctor Elizabeth Weir."

"Really?"

"And a Lieutenant Colonel John Sheppard."

Elizabeth stayed quiet.

"I thought the world couldn't be that small, so... is there anything you'd like to tell me?"

Elizabeth wringed her hands and tried to look everywhere but at Jack's face.

"Come on, Elizabeth, I'm not an idiot. I heard the rumors too and I've... I've been in your position myself."

Now she gave him a look. "Colonel Carter?"

Jack slightly smirked. "Guess you heard the rumors too, huh?"

She gave him a smile. "Everyone did."

His smirk grew, but then he became serious again. "So, who knows about the marriage?"

"My mother... and Elvis."

Jack gave her a strange look. "I don't want to know, but if you can keep it quiet, I can keep it quiet."

She looked at him in surprise. "Why would you do that?"

"I got a romantic streak... Look, you and Sheppard make one of the best command teams I've ever known and you must have had..." He flayed his hands around a bit.

"Feelings?"

Jack nodded, clearly uncomfortable. "Yes those. You must have had those for each other for a long time now, right?"

"Yes." Elizabeth admitted.

"Right, and as far as I know that never influenced any of your decisions... or his decisions."

"No." She said honestly. "It didn't make it easier, but we never let it influence us."

"See, that's good. And we also never received any complaints about public indecent behavior between the two of you..."

"No, we would never do that in plain sight of our people."

"Good. So I see no reason why I should pull you guys apart and tell the happy news of your marriage to the SGC or the IOA."

Elizabeth smiled broadly. "You really would do that for us?"

Jack shrugged. "Like I said: I got a romantic streak."

Elizabeth's smile grew and she couldn't help herself when she hugged him again.

Sig by me

Comment

*glomps Probie I am not ignoring you! *huggles*

Kris, a two-part MM? Awesome! Sucks that they've got to keep it secret. I'm sure that'll be part of the tension and excitement to come!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                  Nope, they had nefarious plans for having John/Elizabeth kiss without truly making them kiss. They knew. They just didn't acknowledge, at least in my opinion.
                  And yet, their "not acknowledgement" looks a whole lot like an acknowledgement. After all, there's nothing like ignoring the BIG RED ELEPHANT in the room to prove that it exists. Heehee!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yeah, I think there was a certain level of acknowledgment of it, even if it wasn't "officially" written. One thing that I'm fairly certain of is that they probably noticed it.

I watched two episodes of Stargate Atlantis on with the commentary on. They were pretty much at random. I think it was 38 Minutes and .... uh that one with Ladon convincing the Atlantis Expedition to help him act against Cowen. They were seasons apart but both ended on one of those little John/Elizabeth moments that everyone here grew to love. And both times the guys on commentary made a make about them being together. In fact in the second one Martin Gero says "Are they- What do you think? You think they hook up in the end, off-screen, in this episode?" And Martin Wood says "Well, you should see them as soon as you say cut, they just dive into each-other's arms. Yeah, they can't keep their hands off each other."

I know you can make a joke about almost anything but they obviously noticed something watching the two of them act.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                      Yeah, I think there was a certain level of acknowledgment of it, even if it wasn't "officially" written. One thing that I'm fairly certain of is that they probably noticed it.

I watched two episodes of Stargate Atlantis on with the commentary on. They were pretty much at random. I think it was 38 Minutes and .... uh that one with Ladon convincing the Atlantis Expedition to help him act against Cowen. They were seasons apart but both ended on one of those little John/Elizabeth moments that everyone here grew to love. And both times the guys on commentary made a make about them being together. In fact in the second one Martin Gero says "Are they- What do you think? You think they hook up in the end, off-screen, in this episode?" And Martin Wood says "Well, you should see them as soon as you say cut, they just dive into each-other's arms. Yeah, they can't keep their hands off each other."

I know you can make a joke about almost anything but they obviously noticed something watching the two of them act.
                      Yeah, that was an interesting moment in the commentary for Coup d'Etat. I think they were admitting that they were teasing us shippers. Too bad they didn't pursue it because all the people who stopped watching after S3 would have stuck around and who knows what would have happened then.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Sweet. But I just have to ask, if John is not wearing the jacket, the hat(which he would never wear indoors anyway), the tie or the navy pants, what part of the USAF uniform is he wearing? Just the shirt? Because that's not allowed. It's all or nothing. Examples here: http://www.afpc.randolph.af.mil/dress/uniforms.asp The Air Force doesn't allow any leeway with this.
                        *Shipper runs to FF.net and does a slight revision*

Okay, sorry about that. This was more of a "antagonizing-Rodney" moment, I just didn't write it like that the first time. Double check and see if it looks better! Thanks for pointing that out, SR!!!

The actual wedding and all that should be posted maybe Sunday night or Monday morning. Just realized I will be out of town over the weekend and my laptop can't make the journey.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        I still love the scene in there when "Elizabeth" is convincing John to embody her husband, and John says "You're a hopeless romantic," and she says something like "Well you're just as hopeless, otherwise you wouldn't have agreed to this." I was SQUEEEEEEEEEEING my brains out when I heard that!

And hey, it's the only recorded Sparky kiss. I'll take it!!!

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                        Missing Moments Part 47: The Return (aka the one where they take it a step further)
                        Quite a long one (too long for one post), so enjoy!!
                        AWWWWW!!!SOME!!!

And the second part!
                        Enjoy this one too

Spoiler:

(after the Liz/Jack hug)

As Jack walked away from Elizabeth, he suddenly turned around and walked back to her.

"Euhm, Elizabeth?"

"A couple of days ago I received a memo in my email. I didn't have any time yet to get deeper into it, so I was hoping you could help me out with it."

"Really?"

Elizabeth stayed quiet.

"I thought the world couldn't be that small, so... is there anything you'd like to tell me?"

"Come on, Elizabeth, I'm not an idiot. I heard the rumors too and I've... I've been in your position myself."

His smirk grew, but then he became serious again. "So, who knows about the marriage?"

Jack gave her a strange look. "I don't want to know, but if you can keep it quiet, I can keep it quiet."

"I got a romantic streak... Look, you and Sheppard make one of the best command teams I've ever known and you must have had..." He flayed his hands around a bit.

"Feelings?"

Jack nodded, clearly uncomfortable. "Yes those. You must have had those for each other for a long time now, right?"

"Right, and as far as I know that never influenced any of your decisions... or his decisions."

"No." She said honestly. "It didn't make it easier, but we never let it influence us."

"See, that's good. And we also never received any complaints about public indecent behavior between the two of you..."

"Good. So I see no reason why I should pull you guys apart and tell the happy news of your marriage to the SGC or the IOA."

MORE?!?!?!

FREAKIN AWESOME!!!

Yep. So have we, dudes. So have we.

So help us out here!!! There's gotta be some deleted scene or something that's hiding somewhere in the universe!!! I'll give you a turkey sandwich ...

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Oh, I'd say we all thought that.
                          What else can I saw but great minds think alike.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

And the second part!
                            Enjoy this one too

Spoiler:

(after the Liz/Jack hug)

"Euhm, Elizabeth?"

"Really?"

Elizabeth stayed quiet.

"Feelings?"

Well done yet again! I really think you should have been on the writing staff.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I remember hearing something like that when I watched one with commentary. Like when I was watching the commentary for The Long Goodbye and I was hoping there would be some sort of comment about the kiss but no they were talking about the window panels in the background. My gosh, just skip over one of the best parts in that episode to talk about windows?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Yeah, that was an interesting moment in the commentary for Coup d'Etat. I think they were admitting that they were teasing us shippers. Too bad they didn't pursue it because all the people who stopped watching after S3 would have stuck around and who knows what would have happened then.
                                Well, let's see... Atlantis would still be on the air and better than ever...

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                                Yep. So have we, dudes. So have we.

So help us out here!!! There's gotta be some deleted scene or something that's hiding somewhere in the universe!!! I'll give you a turkey sandwich ...
                                If there is, it'll be worth more than a turkey sandwich.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                What else can I saw but great minds think alike.
                                Sparky minds always think great.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X