Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Great vid. I love those woobie!John scenes.

Kinky_Carter is correct. And I just rewatched Suspicion. In that one Ford brings along a turkey sandwich to bribe John into letting him come along on the jumper trip to explore the planet. Also a cute scene.

And also in Suspicion I noticed something completely new. Here's a picspam of one of our favorite Sparky scenes with my observations:

Spoiler:
    John asks if she'd like them to bring anything back like groceries, a new outfit, flatware.

She says no, just yourselves in one piece please in a teasing voice. Notice the big ole grin on Ford's face which stays there.

Random cute guy also looks a big amused. Rodney and Teyla look clueless but whatever. And John is just so proud of himself for amusing her.

Now by this point in the episode John and Elizabeth have been conflicted a lot. She has yelled at him. He has been pouty and snarky with her. But here they are teasing each other. And he's about to bust his buttons because he got a rise out of her and he knows she's not mad at him anymore.

She keeps looking right at him. And he knows she's looking. He wants to look back at her so badly he can barely stand it. I'm surprised he wasn't bouncing on his toes.

She turns to walk away still giving him the look and he turns his head back toward her. It's like there's a string connecting them. Everyone else is entirely clueless by this point. But Elizabeth ignores them.

She walks away and he's still oriented toward her. Now draw a line between her eyes and his. I couldn't find a cap but there should be a split second before this one when their eyes meet again before she walks away.

And she's gone but John still has that proud of himself look on his face. This just made his day and he's ready to go battle the Wraith or anything she wants him to do.

Oh yes, don't we all just love those scenes. lol and Teyla and Rodney just so clueless.

Comment

And also in Suspicion I noticed something completely new. Here's a picspam of one of our favorite Sparky scenes with my observations:

Spoiler:
      John asks if she'd like them to bring anything back like groceries, a new outfit, flatware.

She says no, just yourselves in one piece please in a teasing voice. Notice the big ole grin on Ford's face which stays there.

Random cute guy also looks a big amused. Rodney and Teyla look clueless but whatever. And John is just so proud of himself for amusing her.

Now by this point in the episode John and Elizabeth have been conflicted a lot. She has yelled at him. He has been pouty and snarky with her. But here they are teasing each other. And he's about to bust his buttons because he got a rise out of her and he knows she's not mad at him anymore.

She keeps looking right at him. And he knows she's looking. He wants to look back at her so badly he can barely stand it. I'm surprised he wasn't bouncing on his toes.

She turns to walk away still giving him the look and he turns his head back toward her. It's like there's a string connecting them. Everyone else is entirely clueless by this point. But Elizabeth ignores them.

She walks away and he's still oriented toward her. Now draw a line between her eyes and his. I couldn't find a cap but there should be a split second before this one when their eyes meet again before she walks away.

And she's gone but John still has that proud of himself look on his face. This just made his day and he's ready to go battle the Wraith or anything she wants him to do.

Thank you for that!!! That was so awesome!!! I love scenes like that. It so shows the bond they share!!

Sig by me

Comment

Missing Moments Chapter 44: Common Ground
        Enjoy!!

Spoiler:
        44: Common Ground

(after Ladon leaves)

"Elizabeth?"

She looked up. "Yes, Rodney?"

"Euhm..." He wrung his hands. "Are you ok?"

She gave him a weak smile. "I've been better."

"We'll get him back, you know."

She gave him a nod. "Yes, we will."

"Do you think..." Rodney took in a breath. "Do you think the SGC will allow him to stay here in the... euhm... condition that he's in?"

"I sure hope so... it wouldn't be the same without him."

"No... no, it wouldn't." Rodney agreed.

(after the ep)

The moment she stepped into his quarters and the door shut behind her, she was in his arms, hugging him tight.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so very sorry."

He held her close, but then slightly let go and held her at arms length. "It's not your fault, Elizabeth."

"But what they did to you..."

He pulled her closer and held her tight, knowing she needed to feel him to assure herself he was alright.

"Not your fault. It was my order that none of you were to give in to his demands."

"Technically I'm your superior, I could have ignored your order."

He slightly pushed her off again and traced her cheek with his fingers. "It was on my command authority and you know that goes above you in military situations. And besides... you wouldn't be able to live with yourself if you had traded Radim for me."

She slightly looked away but he gently lifted her chin up. "It's because you have such a good and kind heart that I love you."

A small smile appeared on her face and he kissed her.

Sig by me

Comment

Evening, Sparkies! How's it shaking in Sparkyland?
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinky_Carter View Post
            Well, I know that from watching the pilot yesterday. That when he's in the puddlejumper and everytime he thinks of something the ship comes up with what he's thinking. Like where they are and such. So he says I'm thinking of a turkey sandwich, then he says it was worth a shot. I believe that's where it came from.
            Thanks! I watched the pilot the night it aired, on mute, with captions. So I don't remember a bunch of it! Thanks again!

Kinky_Carter is correct. And I just rewatched Suspicion. In that one Ford brings along a turkey sandwich to bribe John into letting him come along on the jumper trip to explore the planet. Also a cute scene.
            Ok, now I gotta go back and watch "Suspicion".

*adds to list of eppys to watch*

Spoiler:

*frantically crosses out "Suspicion" and goes to find it on YouTube*

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
            Missing Moments Chapter 44: Common Ground
            Enjoy!!

Spoiler:
            44: Common Ground

(after Ladon leaves)

"Elizabeth?"

She looked up. "Yes, Rodney?"

"Euhm..." He wrung his hands. "Are you ok?"

She gave him a weak smile. "I've been better."

"We'll get him back, you know."

She gave him a nod. "Yes, we will."

"Do you think..." Rodney took in a breath. "Do you think the SGC will allow him to stay here in the... euhm... condition that he's in?"

"I sure hope so... it wouldn't be the same without him."

"No... no, it wouldn't." Rodney agreed.

(after the ep)

The moment she stepped into his quarters and the door shut behind her, she was in his arms, hugging him tight.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so very sorry."

He held her close, but then slightly let go and held her at arms length. "It's not your fault, Elizabeth."

"But what they did to you..."

He pulled her closer and held her tight, knowing she needed to feel him to assure herself he was alright.

"Not your fault. It was my order that none of you were to give in to his demands."

"Technically I'm your superior, I could have ignored your order."

He slightly pushed her off again and traced her cheek with his fingers. "It was on my command authority and you know that goes above you in military situations. And besides... you wouldn't be able to live with yourself if you had traded Radim for me."

She slightly looked away but he gently lifted her chin up. "It's because you have such a good and kind heart that I love you."

A small smile appeared on her face and he kissed her.
            Once again, AWESOME!!! I cried a little ...

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Evening, Sparkies! How's it shaking in Sparkyland?
            Worked til midnight, then came home and dove into Shipperworld. No, not my imaginary place. I have 3 ships to check on!

And on the plus side ...

I realized the last Sparky fic I started writing was very depressing, so I started another one. It was very depressing too ... then suddenly got hilarious and upbeat in a Sparky way! And if I wasn't already using toothpicks to keep my eyes open, I would finish it and post it, but probably tomorrow morning!

Or later on this mornin -- oh whatever! Peace.

Comment

Oh, and one more question before I settle down in bed and watch "Suspicion" (no. I am not kidding. I will watch it til 1:15. )

Where does "Sparky" come from? I think I asked before, but my pea-sized brain deleted it.

Comment

Me too. And all the discussion about how to make the upright gate on top of the cake. I can see a multi-tiered cake with the gate on top and drawings all down the sides of the people and the Wraith and scenes from the show. With ancient text around the layers.
                It would be interesting if one of the cast ordered a cake of a jumper or Atlantis from Charm City Cakes, don't you think?
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                  Thanks and euhm, no... tonight I'm gonna post the Missing Moment to Common Ground.
                  But you did give me an idea for the final version

Now I totally want a cake like that!!!!
                  I look forward to the final version!

I'm sure if you can afford it, Charm City Cakes would make it for you. Do you even get to see Ace of Cakes in Belgium?
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Heehee! Sounds like fun!

While driving along the Washington coast today, I was hit with a cracktastic fic bunny with Elizabeth getting turned into a mermaid.

Yeah, you read that right. Lizzeh as a mermaid. Told you it was cracktastic.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Just finished "Suspicion". Awesome eppy!

My favorite scene:

: I would love to help out, but how did McKay put it? "We can't meet your dietary requirements."
                      : When I am free, you'll be the first that I feed upon.
                      : Okie dokie. I'm gonna go make myself a sandwich.

ROFL hysterically!!! Yep, the whole turkey thing makes sense now.

And I have a new idea for a fic. John Sheppard's AU detective in "Vegas" meets Torri Higginson's ME character from NCIS. Still John and Elizabeth, and I know the concept has been done. A lot. But it's for Sparky! So totally worth it!

Now I'm gonna sleep. And I was right. It's 1:15am. Heh.

Comment

Weeeeeel, almost asleep.

Sad Sparky song but I liked it. Thought I'd post it here.

And now I'm listening to this song on repeat. Yeah, I know.

SLEEP!!!

*Shipper starts manically attacking *

Comment

Okay, I tried. Seriously.

But evil pic bunny (related closely to evil fic bunny) inspired me to make these:
                          Spoiler:

Wear with pride.

Now get ready to do this in three hours:
                          Last edited by ShipperWriter; 14 September 2010, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                            Oh, and one more question before I settle down in bed and watch "Suspicion" (no. I am not kidding. I will watch it til 1:15. )

Where does "Sparky" come from? I think I asked before, but my pea-sized brain deleted it.
                            I wanna know too! I'm not sure how that came about it. Something to do with sparks between them or something, not sure. LOL, I know that I came up with sharpy for Teyla/Elizabeth, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              It would be interesting if one of the cast ordered a cake of a jumper or Atlantis from Charm City Cakes, don't you think?
                              That would make a great fic. I'd love to see the Charm City folks go to Atlantis as part of a huge celebration or something. First sentence: Mary Alice: "You want us to what?"

Sparky is purely nonsense and not based on sparks at all. Someone here, SK maybe, has a link. It was invented out of thin air and just stuck. For a long time Ronon/Teyla was also known as Spanky. LOL

Weeeeeel, almost asleep.

Sad Sparky song but I liked it. Thought I'd post it here.

And now I'm listening to this song on repeat. Yeah, I know.

SLEEP!!!

*Shipper starts manically attacking *
                              Sad indeed. But beautiful.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Where did "Sparky" come from? There's an explanation on the profile page of the John/Elizabeth comm on LJ. I'd post a link, but on my iTouch it's like trying to pull teeth without Novocain. Maybe SR or one of the other LJ-era can help with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X