Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Wow, you're at the end of October, I'm at the beginning. (In the first week, I'll say no more than that. )

I'm just the opposite; hate hate HATE Lucius and both Irr-episodes. He was a pig through and through and wasn't funny at all. Plus, I'm still bitter that Kolya's death was cheapened by Lucius's involvement in Irresponsible. Chaya/Athar, on the other hand, while she was more than a bit silly and totally leading John on (which is what earned her my nickname of AthTart), while John was even sillier with the way he followed her around like a lovesick puppy, she was also quite sad, what with having been all alone even among her people for 10,000 years just because she tried to save them from the Wraith. I don't like her, but can't really hate her, either.
    My mommy is in the beginning of oct well more in the middle actually.

It wasn't only Chaya that I hated about the ep it was pretty much everyones behavior in that ep that I hated(especially John's). At least with Lucius everyone was drugged. With Chaya they all acted like their IQ just dropped 100 points. Rodney was the only one who seemed to have maintained an iota of intelligence but he ended up coming off as a lunatic. But thats just how I felt about it.

I thought Lucius was a pig too btw, and I'm not even going to start about the low cut outfits the women villagers love to wear in Pegasus; they obviously intended to seduce the wraith with their ample assets during a culling but anyway.
    I didn't like they way they ended things with Kolya either, it was such a lame end for probably the best sga villian. I know they were trying to go for a whole western feel to the ep, but the couldn't get the set they wanted so they used the sg1 Revisions set place, but I still never understood why in the world they would chose to involve Lucius in the same ep as Kolya's death. That just really cheapened it.

LOL I'm in a particularly viscious mood tonight.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments!

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      For the first time in quite a while, I finally made a new vid today!

Song: 'Borderline/Open Your Heart' mashup from Glee. Just for fun.

Spoiler:

And hey, I finally get to try out GW's add video feature!
      Yay!! vid
      Will have to wait to see it when I get home though... Can't wait

*shows off new avatar* Bwahahaha, I LOVE this tablet! Cutting out people goes soooo much faster! Hee. Sorry, don't mind me.
      Pretty avatar Makes me want to make mine bigger too
      I'm happy the tablet is working out so good for you

Ahhhhh, I wanna tablet! And my birthday's not until October. *pouts*
      Early b-day present?
      You could always give it a try

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
      I just got a nook today, it's pretty cool. I can go on web pages and everything lol and it looks pretty decent. At first I didn't want to get an ebook reader because i love books, but it just looked so cute , I gave in lol.(yes i think electronics can look cute)
      Yeah, I have the same problem with buying an e-reader. I just love my books to darn much... But I'm happy you're happy with it

I'm just the opposite; hate hate HATE Lucius and both Irr-episodes. He was a pig through and through and wasn't funny at all. Plus, I'm still bitter that Kolya's death was cheapened by Lucius's involvement in Irresponsible. Chaya/Athar, on the other hand, while she was more than a bit silly and totally leading John on (which is what earned her my nickname of AthTart), while John was even sillier with the way he followed her around like a lovesick puppy, she was also quite sad, what with having been all alone even among her people for 10,000 years just because she tried to save them from the Wraith. I don't like her, but can't really hate her, either.
      See, I actually didn't mind the Lucius episodes that much. I liked Irresistible a lot because we got to see jealous!john. And the gort thing (I always want to say turd) makes me laugh every single time
      Irresponsible was another matter because of the way it ended the Kolya storyline. He was such a strong character and that's how they ended him? Totally sucked!!

Sig by me

Comment

It wasn't only Chaya that I hated about the ep it was pretty much everyones behavior in that ep that I hated(especially John's). At least with Lucius everyone was drugged. With Chaya they all acted like their IQ just dropped 100 points. Rodney was the only one who seemed to have maintained an iota of intelligence but he ended up coming off as a lunatic. But thats just how I felt about it.
        Oh, you're so right!! It was like they had all take the instant-dumb pill and almost everyone was acting OOC. Skanctuary is one of my least fav episodes to be honest.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
          Yeah, I have the same problem with buying an e-reader. I just love my books to darn much... But I'm happy you're happy with it
          I'm just waiting for Kindle 3 to be released to see if it's worth the purchase.
          I love my books but have no room enough to buy others. Only an ebook reader will save me ... and the trees!

Comment

LOL @ JoeF tweet.....

Spoiler:

JoeFlanigan Must drink AFTER breakfast

Think Joe's happy place must be Ireland. LOL
            sigpic
            Signature by Erin87

Comment

Holiday!!!

I'm happy.lol

I saw your comment about Joe's twitter. Is it true he has bad comments or strange comments about his tweets?
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

I was listening Jeff Buckley and I realized nobosy did a vid about John and Elizabeth with one of his songs. I know many of his songs are sad but this one "everybody here wants you" can work

Lyrics:
                Spoiler:
                Twenty-nine pearls in your kiss, a singing smile,
                Coffee smell and lilac skin, your flame in me.
                I'm only here for this moment.

I know everybody here wants you.
                I know everybody here thinks he needs you.
                I'll be waiting right here just to show you
                How our love will blow it all away.

Such a thing of wonder in this crowd,
                I'm a stranger in this town, you're free with me.
                And our eyes locked in downcast love, I sit here proud,
                Even now you're undressed in your dreams with me.

I know the tears we cried have dried on yesterday
                The sea of fools has parted for us
                There's nothing in our way, my love

Don't you see, don't you see?
                You're just the torch to put the flame
                to all our guilt and shame,
                And I'll rise like an ember in your name.
                I know, I know,

Let me show that love can rise, rise just like
                embers.

(While "I know everybody here wants you." Repeats)
                Love can taste like the wine of the ages, baby.
                And I know they all look so good from a distance,
                But I tell you I'm the one.
                I know everybody here will thinks he needs you,
                thinks he needs you
                And I'll be waiting right here just to show you.

And I just saw there will be a movie on this singer and Robert Pattinson wants the role. Please god, don't do this.lol
                sigpic

Comment

Thank you. That song is officially stuck in my head; I have a feeling it's going to be there a while.

*shows off new avatar* Bwahahaha, I LOVE this tablet! Cutting out people goes soooo much faster! Hee. Sorry, don't mind me.
                  Love the avatar. Lots of house redecorating going on in here with the new avatars and sigs.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                  Found the CD. It's from a college duo called Chandlersworth. The whole CD is just acoustic guitar. The song that reminded my of Season 4-5 Sheppard I'm having second thoughts on.

Now for Spiral Staircase

Spoiler:
                  What about October rain on a starless night?
                  Forget the pain, forget the fight
                  I held you close, it's been so long
                  Since I felt your warmth and you felt my song
                  And I was not alone

Spiral stairs to your heart
                  Keeping us apart
                  But I'll climb them one by one
                  Yes I'll climb them one by one
                  And I was not alone

Chorus
                  But the rain came down
                  And the echoes dripped to the ground
                  And I was not alone

What about growing old beside you?
                  Knowing what's inside you like
                  The back of my hand
                  Or the back of your neck
                  And I was not alone

Chorus
                  But the rain came down
                  And the echoes dripped to the ground
                  And I was not alone

And you were not alone
                  You will never be alone
                  Great lyrics. Perfect fit for Sparky.

Oh, you're so right!! It was like they had all take the instant-dumb pill and almost everyone was acting OOC. Skanctuary is one of my least fav episodes to be honest.
                  ITA on Skanctuary. I kept hoping they would bring out that John had been put under a spell in some way but they didn't make that clear. Could this have been the first step in the dumbing down of JS? Even before we learned about the Mensa? Wonder who wrote this piece of trash? *goes to look* Alan Brennert? Did we ever see him again? Rightly so? *dusts hands*

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  Holiday!!!

I'm happy.lol

I saw your comment about Joe's twitter. Is it true he has bad comments or strange comments about his tweets?
                  Does that surprise you? Joe can be very politically incorrect. And somehow when people get upset by the things he says it surprises him every time. I just love him for that even more. Please please Joe, don't ever change. And it looks like by today's tweet, he won't. I may tell him that in Chicago. I'm gonna need several hours of his time to deliver all my messages. Sigh. Mr. SR is planning to talk to him about Guinness, so he's got that covered. Oh and now that he's playing a Marine, Mr. SR can also cover that. Though he promises not to mention the decidedly non-Marine Colonel hair.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  I was listening Jeff Buckley and I realized nobosy did a vid about John and Elizabeth with one of his songs. I know many of his songs are sad but this one "everybody here wants you" can work

Lyrics:
                  Spoiler:

Such a thing of wonder in this crowd,
                  I'm a stranger in this town, you're free with me.
                  And our eyes locked in downcast love, I sit here proud,
                  Even now you're undressed in your dreams with me.

I know the tears we cried have dried on yesterday
                  The sea of fools has parted for us
                  There's nothing in our way, my love

Don't you see, don't you see?
                  You're just the torch to put the flame
                  to all our guilt and shame,
                  And I'll rise like an ember in your name.
                  I know, I know,

Let me show that love can rise, rise just like
                  embers.

(While "I know everybody here wants you." Repeats)
                  Love can taste like the wine of the ages, baby.
                  And I know they all look so good from a distance,
                  But I tell you I'm the one.
                  I know everybody here will thinks he needs you,
                  thinks he needs you
                  And I'll be waiting right here just to show you.

And I just saw there will be a movie on this singer and Robert Pattinson wants the role. Please god, don't do this.lol
                  I like that song. Now tell your old American mama why that Pattinson kid shouldn't play this guy. They look alike to me. *runs*
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Kris great chapter!
                    Erin Glee and Sparky all in one place!? I can die a happy happy girl now! *sigh*

SK and VampyreWraith yay for October birthdays!!!! (my grandma is on the 4th, I'm on the 8th, my lil guy is on the 12th, my BIL on the 16th and my cousin on the 27th.....apparently February is a boring month for our family and we need to get creative and find things to do... lol)

and ITA about how the members of the expedition kinda get all stupid when it comes to Chaya in Sanctuary. And I can't even begin to express how much Lucius irritates the living daylights outta me....although, yes, jealous!John is fun to watch.
                    My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

Does that surprise you? Joe can be very politically incorrect. And somehow when people get upset by the things he says it surprises him every time. I just love him for that even more. Please please Joe, don't ever change. And it looks like by today's tweet, he won't. I may tell him that in Chicago. I'm gonna need several hours of his time to deliver all my messages. Sigh. Mr. SR is planning to talk to him about Guinness, so he's got that covered. Oh and now that he's playing a Marine, Mr. SR can also cover that. Though he promises not to mention the decidedly non-Marine Colonel hair.
                      I'm a little surprise, yes. He didn't say something bad but I don't know how people work.lol
                      I like that song. Now tell your old American mama why that Pattinson kid shouldn't play this guy. They look alike to me. *runs*
                      Is it a joke? I'm a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig fan of Jeff Buckley and If I have to share a theatre room with stupid "girsl in heat" who will scream each time that Robert will appear on screen, I'm sure I will be arrested after the movie for at least 15 murders. If someone talks during a scene where we hear "Grace" even if it's one of my friends, the list of my murders will increase.lol For info, I have nothing against Pattinson. I prefer James Franco.

And if someone wants to use this song for a vid or another song of Mister Buckley, I will more than happy. Subtle way to say "PLEASE!!!!!"lol
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                        Kris great chapter!
                        Erin Glee and Sparky all in one place!? I can die a happy happy girl now! *sigh*

SK and VampyreWraith yay for October birthdays!!!! (my grandma is on the 4th, I'm on the 8th, my lil guy is on the 12th, my BIL on the 16th and my cousin on the 27th.....apparently February is a boring month for our family and we need to get creative and find things to do... lol)

and ITA about how the members of the expedition kinda get all stupid when it comes to Chaya in Sanctuary. And I can't even begin to express how much Lucius irritates the living daylights outta me....although, yes, jealous!John is fun to watch.
                        Looks like I'm going to miss a bunch of birthdays while I'm gone for most of Oct. So early Happy Birthday to everybody. We had a funny situation in my family. My grandpa was Aug 30, my bro Aug 31 and my dad on Sept 2. So in college when I dated a guy born on Sept 1 they thought he was the one. LOL I had other ideas. But Mr. SR's b-day is Aug 10. Pretty close. And his dad and sister share a birthday. Plus his mom's is the day before SR. Jr. Weird all around. Me? I'm all alone in February. LOL

And I wanted to add this to my sig, but there's not enough room and I don't want to change it. So I'll just try to remember to post it at least once a day. Hee.

Spoiler:
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Love the avatar. Lots of house redecorating going on in here with the new avatars and sigs.

Great lyrics. Perfect fit for Sparky.

ITA on Skanctuary. I kept hoping they would bring out that John had been put under a spell in some way but they didn't make that clear. Could this have been the first step in the dumbing down of JS? Even before we learned about the Mensa? Wonder who wrote this piece of trash? *goes to look* Alan Brennert? Did we ever see him again? Rightly so? *dusts hands*

*LOL!* I have an autographed picture of Pattinson from 'before he was famous'. I keep contemplating whether or not I should put it on Ebay. I might be able to pay off my new car.

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                          LOL @ JoeF tweet.....

Spoiler:

JoeFlanigan Must drink AFTER breakfast

Think Joe's happy place must be Ireland. LOL
                          I'm guessing Joe can probably make many places his happy place if there is good beer involved. Good for him!
                          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I share my birthday with my nephew. 18 years after me. I told to my brother that his second kid will be born the same day that me. He didn't believe me but when I received this famous call the day of my birthday, I just said "I knew it".lol My niece and my other nephew share their birthday too.

SR OT

My war against Twilight fans will start.lol
                            Last edited by Probie; 06 August 2010, 05:47 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ooooh, that's a lovely avatar!

Ahhhhh, I wanna tablet! And my birthday's not until October. *pouts*
                              Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                              Great video, Erin87!
                              And nice avatar and banner as well!

P.S.: I still prefer the original Madonna's versions of the songs

Cool vid.
                              Thanks everyone for the lovely comments!

Yay!! vid
                              Will have to wait to see it when I get home though... Can't wait

Pretty avatar Makes me want to make mine bigger too
                              I'm happy the tablet is working out so good for you
                              Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                              Kris great chapter!
                              Thanks everybody! Glad you liked it.

And I agree about Irresponsible. Irresistible I found kinda funny, but they entirely WASTED Kolya killing him that way. It was just a completely lame way for a villain as good as him to die.
                              sigpic
                              Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Thanks everybody! Glad you liked it.

And I agree about Irresponsible. Irresistible I found kinda funny, but they entirely WASTED Kolya killing him that way. It was just a completely lame way for a villain as good as him to die.
                                I agree. What a waste of a Villain. It would be like killing Todd off in an episode featuring Bill Nye and a freeze ray.
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X