No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I go to the cinema to see Inception again and I come back to four new pages! Good job guys
    And yes, I did see Inception twice in three days... yes, it is that good!! And I think I figured it out, so yay

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
    You tell me. I'm a huge reader of SciFi, Fantasy, Horror and books about Ancient Egypt.
    And I read them more than once, so it's impossible to convince me to sell used books, I want to keep them all, LOL
    I read everything. Ranging from sci-fi to drama and from fantasy to comedy and I read them several times too and I also can't get rid of any of them. But there are so many!! And I know that once I get a green card and move to NY, I'll have to leave most of them behind *heart breaks*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Yep, so we hear. Colonel Sam Synn.
    Am I the only one who thinks about Samsung when hearing that name?

I'm betting he's both. I think he's going to be the one to keep the rest of them alive mostly and kill the monsters. And I saw Sumner as a hero. Just a typical Marine Colonel who didn't take crap.
    That's how I saw his character too.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Can you blame her? She's been alone for 10,000 years... no physical contact for that long can do strange things to a person, I imagine.

I imagine it must feel similar to beig fic-deprived. It's not a good feeling.
    Fic will be finished tomorrow!! Hopefully
    And Kate plays a pivotal role

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Though that pic of Joe on the site cracks me up. He looks like a Kennedy.
    I'm just sorta wondering if they couldn't find a pic where he looked even younger... *eyeroll*

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Oh, good! Can't have Joe going two-for-two on not getting the girl.
    True, but they had to put a Synn and a Fast together?? Synn Fast, Fast Synn... Wrong on all levels

I had just watched Rising last night, so seeing the comparison in the 'flashback' scenes from Old!Elizabeth's version of their arrival is really creepy. They did a pretty good job with continuity between the two.
    Aaah, yes, season 1, when tptb still understood the concept of continuity.

Aw, look at Janus trying to help Lizzeh. He was so crushing on her.
    Oooooh, he so is!!

And Sheppard would have been sooooooooooooooo *jealous*
    http://stargate.mgm.com/assets//Stil...115-0074xb.jpg
    Oooooh, you betcha he would have been

Sig by me

Comment

And the way John looks at her ... oh my my!
      *melts once again*

Edit: 500 posts!!! Only further 1500 to have my personalized avatar
      Hooray! Falcon's right, start picking out your avatar now.

I love that scene - love Before I Sleep as a whole.
      Me too.

Wow - Janus - personal space!!
      LOL!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
        Come to think of it I think thats part of the reason why the whole Teyla/Kanaan/Torren thing is such an issue for me in terms of not breaking them up because they have such a nice looking happy family.
        I agree. I've grown up in a broken family and I never managed to have a family on my own.
        So when I see a truly happy family, I've got a strong respect for them.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
          I go to the cinema to see Inception again and I come back to four new pages! Good job guys
          And yes, I did see Inception twice in three days... yes, it is that good!! And I think I figured it out, so yay
          Inception will be in Italy only on September 3rd, damn it! Can't wait!

I read everything. Ranging from sci-fi to drama and from fantasy to comedy and I read them several times too and I also can't get rid of any of them. But there are so many!!
          My favourite are Isaac Asimov, Poul Anderson, Dan Simmons, Tanith Lee, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Anne Rice and many many others.
          I've read also Stephenie Meyer but my favourite book is not of the Twilight saga, it's "The Host" and I can't wait for the sequel

Comment

*raises hand*

Guilty as charged.

Oops... that means bonus-points, and give backs. I'll be ready for it.

And also my cat thinks this -> <- needs to be scratched off my screen. No, Saphira, it's not a mouse.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oooh, forgot to say this, but a while ago Robert Pattison compared himself to the Beatles, so for me, I'm over and done with the guy and he's on my black list (list with *sses, idiots and very unfriendly people and bands).

Sig by me

Comment

And I present you with Chapter 5 of Missing Moments.
                Enjoy!!

Spoiler:
                05: Childhood’s End

(after the ep)

“Major, a word.”

John turned to look at Elizabeth after he and his team had come down the stairs from the jumperbay. She was standing just outside of her office and he could tell by the look on her face that she wasn’t happy.

“Can I just drop my stuff first and...”

“Now, Major.” She interrupted him and walked back into her office.

He let out a sigh and looked dejectedly at the rest of his team. “Go to Beckett for your standard post-mission check-up. Debriefing in an hour.”

They nodded and made their way through the control room, walking down the stairs. John turned back to Elizabeth’s office and took a deep breath while wondering what he had done wrong. Gathering all his courage he walked inside.

“How can I help you, Doctor Weir?”

“You wanted to take a ZPM from children?” The accusing tone was very audible in her voice.

“For our protection.” He tried to defend himself. “If the Wraith come...”

“Then we’ll be sitting ducks. Don’t you think I know that?”

“Of course I know you know that. But I thought our main mission was to find a ZPM.”

“It is, but not at the expense of an entire planet.”

He wanted to point out that the protective field didn’t cover the entire planet, but decided not to. She looked pissed enough as it was.

“I would have brought them back here.”

She slightly raised her eyebrow as she got the same response she had gotten from McKay. Knowing either man would never speak to her again if she’d tell them how alike they sometimes were, she decided to keep that little piece of information to herself.

“Major.” Her tone was softer now and she saw him visibly relax. “We cannot take a planet's sole defense against the Wraith and just expect all the inhabitants to pack up and move.”

“Yeah... I know. But it was the perfect opportunity to get a ZPM.”

“I know that too, but a decision like that isn’t ours to make. We cannot force a race of people to do our bidding... that would make us just as bad as the Wraith.”

He opened his mouth to protest, but eventually opted to simply utter: “It was McKay’s idea to begin with.”

“Then it is your job as leader of your team to call him back.”

“You know McKay... if he gets an idea in his head you can’t pull him away from it.”

“Again, your job as team leader to convince him.”

“You know how he gets...”

“Major Sheppard.” She sounded stern again and he instantly shut up, looking slightly worried. “If you cannot keep the three members of your team in line, then I am not sure my decision to put you in charge of the alpha team was the right one.”

He couldn’t keep his mouth from falling open. This was definitely not what he had expected.

“Are you taking my team away from me?”

She let out a sigh and pinched the bridge of her nose. “No, of course not. But consider this a warning. I know McKay can be handful and I know it was my idea to have him on your team, but you have to be able to keep him in line.”

He slowly but decisively nodded. “I will.”

“Good. Now go to Beckett for your check-up, I’ll join the debriefing to tell everyone in your team that their behavior concerning the ZPM was inexcusable.”

“Yes, ma’am.” He said quietly and left her office.

Hours later, when the night shift had taken residence in the control room, after the sun had set and after people with a normal biological clock were fast asleep, a cup was set in front of Elizabeth who was still sitting in her office, going over reports.

She looked up in surprise and gave Major Sheppard a slight smile.

“Fava tea.” He explained as he sat down opposite her desk. “Teyla recommends it and as I know you’re a tea-lover, I thought you’d like to be among the first to try it out.”

Her smile grew. “Thank you, Major. I appreciate it.”

“Sure thing.” He looked at her as she took a careful sip of the hot liquid and gave him an appreciating nod. “Not bad, I think I could get used to this.”

“I’m glad.” He smiled but then became serious. “I had a talk with McKay and he agreed that I’m in charge of the team. So there shouldn’t be a next time of him disobeying me.”

“Good.” Looking up at him, a twinkle appeared in her eyes. “What did you threaten him with?”

Throwing her a lopsided grin he was again amazed at her insight in him. “I just told him I’d open the gate to the spacegate above the Wraith planet and push him through myself and then for good measure throw some lemons after him.”

She laughed at that and his grin grew. “No wonder he’s compliant now.”

“You just have to know how to handle him.”

“I knew you were the right man for the job.” Her smile grew soft again as she gazed in his eyes. Their eyes locked and for a moment they were totally lost in each other. John quickly cleared his throat and casts his eyes away from her, wondering what the heck that had been about.

“I euhm... brought a chess board. You up for a game?”

Casting a swift look at the clock against her wall, she nodded. “Sure, but just one game. It’s already quite late.”

The grin was back on his face as he promptly set up the board and pieces.

“Tonight, Doctor Weir, I will kick your ass.” He announced with a smirk as he made the first move.

“In some weird way I’m looking forward to it.” She laughed and moved a white pawn.

Sig by me

Comment

Oooh, forgot to say this, but a while ago Robert Pattison compared himself to the Beatles, so for me, I'm over and done with the guy and he's on my black list (list with *sses, idiots and very unfriendly people and bands).
                  Ouch...

Comment

Enjoy!!

Spoiler:

(after the ep)

“Major, a word.”

John turned to look at Elizabeth after he and his team had come down the stairs from the jumperbay. She was standing just outside of her office and he could tell by the look on her face that she wasn’t happy.

He let out a sigh and looked dejectedly at the rest of his team. “Go to Beckett for your standard post-mission check-up. Debriefing in an hour.”

They nodded and made their way through the control room, walking down the stairs. John turned back to Elizabeth’s office and took a deep breath while wondering what he had done wrong. Gathering all his courage he walked inside.

“You wanted to take a ZPM from children?” The accusing tone was very audible in her voice.

“Of course I know you know that. But I thought our main mission was to find a ZPM.”

He wanted to point out that the protective field didn’t cover the entire planet, but decided not to. She looked pissed enough as it was.

She slightly raised her eyebrow as she got the same response she had gotten from McKay. Knowing either man would never speak to her again if she’d tell them how alike they sometimes were, she decided to keep that little piece of information to herself.

“Major.” Her tone was softer now and she saw him visibly relax. “We cannot take a planet's sole defense against the Wraith and just expect all the inhabitants to pack up and move.”

“I know that too, but a decision like that isn’t ours to make. We cannot force a race of people to do our bidding... that would make us just as bad as the Wraith.”

He opened his mouth to protest, but eventually opted to simply utter: “It was McKay’s idea to begin with.”

“You know McKay... if he gets an idea in his head you can’t pull him away from it.”

“Major Sheppard.” She sounded stern again and he instantly shut up, looking slightly worried. “If you cannot keep the three members of your team in line, then I am not sure my decision to put you in charge of the alpha team was the right one.”

He couldn’t keep his mouth from falling open. This was definitely not what he had expected.

She let out a sigh and pinched the bridge of her nose. “No, of course not. But consider this a warning. I know McKay can be handful and I know it was my idea to have him on your team, but you have to be able to keep him in line.”

“Good. Now go to Beckett for your check-up, I’ll join the debriefing to tell everyone in your team that their behavior concerning the ZPM was inexcusable.”

Hours later, when the night shift had taken residence in the control room, after the sun had set and after people with a normal biological clock were fast asleep, a cup was set in front of Elizabeth who was still sitting in her office, going over reports.

“Fava tea.” He explained as he sat down opposite her desk. “Teyla recommends it and as I know you’re a tea-lover, I thought you’d like to be among the first to try it out.”

“Sure thing.” He looked at her as she took a careful sip of the hot liquid and gave him an appreciating nod. “Not bad, I think I could get used to this.”

“I’m glad.” He smiled but then became serious. “I had a talk with McKay and he agreed that I’m in charge of the team. So there shouldn’t be a next time of him disobeying me.”

“Good.” Looking up at him, a twinkle appeared in her eyes. “What did you threaten him with?”

Throwing her a lopsided grin he was again amazed at her insight in him. “I just told him I’d open the gate to the spacegate above the Wraith planet and push him through myself and then for good measure throw some lemons after him.”

“I knew you were the right man for the job.” Her smile grew soft again as she gazed in his eyes. Their eyes locked and for a moment they were totally lost in each other. John quickly cleared his throat and casts his eyes away from her, wondering what the heck that had been about.

Casting a swift look at the clock against her wall, she nodded. “Sure, but just one game. It’s already quite late.”

“Tonight, Doctor Weir, I will kick your ass.” He announced with a smirk as he made the first move.

“In some weird way I’m looking forward to it.” She laughed and moved a white pawn.
                    I love these moments
                    Please, don't stop writing them.

Comment

I read everything. Ranging from sci-fi to drama and from fantasy to comedy and I read them several times too and I also can't get rid of any of them. But there are so many!! And I know that once I get a green card and move to NY, I'll have to leave most of them behind *heart breaks*

That's how I saw his character too.

I'm just sorta wondering if they couldn't find a pic where he looked even younger... *eyeroll*

True, but they had to put a Synn and a Fast together?? Synn Fast, Fast Synn... Wrong on all levels

Aaah, yes, season 1, when tptb still understood the concept of continuity.

Oooooh, he so is!!

Oooooh, you betcha he would have been
                      Inception will be in Italy only on September 3rd, damn it! Can't wait!

My favourite are Isaac Asimov, Poul Anderson, Dan Simmons, Tanith Lee, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Anne Rice and many many others.
                      I've read also Stephenie Meyer but my favourite book is not of the Twilight saga, it's "The Host" and I can't wait for the sequel
                      I still need to see Inception I really want to see it but its so hot and i don't feel like going out lol.

I like Anne Bishop(can get pretty dark), Lynn Flewelling(has a slash couple as the main characters in one of her series), George R.R. Martin(lots of dark political intrigue/backstabbing), Alice Borchardt(Anne Rice's sister who writes about werewolves), Ray Bradbury, Christopher Pike(Season of Passage is one of my all time favorite books), Neil Gaiman(The Graveyard Book is great), and sooo many others lol I can probably go on forever.

*raises hand*

Guilty as charged.

Oops... that means bonus-points, and give backs. I'll be ready for it.

And also my cat thinks this -> <- needs to be scratched off my screen. No, Saphira, it's not a mouse.
                      My kitty likes to sit/lay down on the keyboard and attack the blinking light on the laptop, and when i put on a video he goes right up to the screen and sniffs it.
                      sigpic

Comment

I love these moments
                        Please, don't stop writing them.
                        Thanks
                        And no worries, I'm doing the entire frikkin' show

Oh, FH, according to Wiki:
                        "Dr. Kate Heightmeyer, played by Claire Rankin (seasons 1–4) – An American psychologist."

Sig by me

Comment

Oh, FH, according to Wiki:
                          "Dr. Kate Heightmeyer, played by Claire Rankin (seasons 1–4) – An American psychologist."
                          Considering Wiki's reliability...

I think she's a US-citizen. I think so far fic-wise, I've never seen it brought up specifically, and I've only ever made her a Canadian once (unpublished, unfinished fic of doom).

Comment

Spoiler:

Just because I'm in a alcoholic mood today.

Is there anyone here?
                            *pokes*
                            What did I miss? (Apart from the daily sparky awesomeness that happens every day.)

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                              More Tweet Stuff:
                              A fan who tweets as FlanInfo tweeted the actress:
                              @dagmarvellous Wow! By yesterday's pics @Topomanyare uploaded we had an impression you gonna be kissing @JoeFlanigan =))

She tweeted back:
                              @FlanInfo that's the very beautiful & talented Catherine Walker But you never know, might be cosying up to @JoeFlanigan too...ah, suspense!

So hope for a "Synnful" kiss is not lost.
                              Well good. We wouldn't want Colonel Synn not to get at least one girl.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              Heee. I just love the implications of all that--that he had to find out when her birthday was--that could have taken some digging and then PLUS he remembered it! And that he actually thought about what she might like (even if he had to ask Teyla's opinion or something); that he went out to the Athosian mainland and picked it out or when he was out there he saw it and thought "Elizabeth would probably like that". And then he wrapped it. And gave it to her when she was alone. *squee to the SQUEE*
                              I always thought about just this. He had to go to a lot of trouble. And the question that was never answered is why. There were a lot of ways to set that episode up without such an intimate shippy scene. It could have been a conversation with Weir and Rodney about how different it might have been when they first arrived or Elizabeth telling Teyla about how they discovered the city or any number of things. Why Sparky? And why have his gift sit on her desk for the next 2 years? It is no wonder we never believed them when they said Sparky was not scripted or even thought of. Teasers.

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                              I know how that feels. *hugs* I'm a little crazy as well, lol. I haven't had a guy in my life since since i broke up with my 4 yr old daughter's deadbeat father 5 yrs ago.(he hasn't seen or asked about her in 3 yrs, so i really do mean deadbeat). I've got my kids and my kitties. I'm not good with people(I've got social phobia and anxiety disorder) so I don't have many friends, but I have a few close ones. I'm happier by myself and I've gotta get in a better place with me before I see anyone. So things like sparky and books and tv, and internet are like my escape and a way to cheer my up as well.
                              Come to think of it I think thats part of the reason why the whole Teyla/Kanaan/Torren thing is such an issue for me in terms of not breaking them up because they have such a nice looking happy family.
                              Aww, all this makes me sad. You guys know you can relax and emote all you want to here. We don't judge and have no expectations of a certain kind of behavior. That's the beauty of the internet. You can control your social interaction and be as involved as you want to be. I'm not particularly extroverted either. I'd much rather be at home alone with my computer and must say I seldom get bored and can't find a way to entertain myself. People exhaust me and I like them in short spurts. So I think we all have a lot in common here. But I'm willing to bet if we all met, we wouldn't have a bit of trouble talking to each other.

Enjoy!!

Spoiler:

(after the ep)

“Major, a word.”

These are great. Keep 'em coming.

Oh, and talking about authors. Check out Robert McCammon. His newest series starting with Speaks the Nightbird is fabulous. It's centered around a young man who is sort of a detective in colonial America. Very different and impossible to put down. His horror books are great too.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingonions View Post
                                Just because I'm in a alcoholic mood today.

Is there anyone here?
                                *pokes*
                                What did I miss? (Apart from the daily sparky awesomeness that happens every day.)
                                Hey, it's gotta be five o'clock somewhere.

Well good. We wouldn't want Colonel Synn not to get at least one girl.
                                Word.

I always thought about just this. He had to go to a lot of trouble. And the question that was never answered is why. There were a lot of ways to set that episode up without such an intimate shippy scene. It could have been a conversation with Weir and Rodney about how different it might have been when they first arrived or Elizabeth telling Teyla about how they discovered the city or any number of things. Why Sparky? And why have his gift sit on her desk for the next 2 years? It is no wonder we never believed them when they said Sparky was not scripted or even thought of. Teasers.
                                Cruel, cruel teasers at that. Why, indeed.

Aww, all this makes me sad. You guys know you can relax and emote all you want to here. We don't judge and have no expectations of a certain kind of behavior. That's the beauty of the internet. You can control your social interaction and be as involved as you want to be. I'm not particularly extroverted either. I'd much rather be at home alone with my computer and must say I seldom get bored and can't find a way to entertain myself. People exhaust me and I like them in short spurts. So I think we all have a lot in common here. But I'm willing to bet if we all met, we wouldn't have a bit of trouble talking to each other.
                                If we all met, the universe might very well explode from our combined awesomeness. We Sparkies rock.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X