Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    I just sent a question to them about the lid. They'd better not be trying to sell it separately!
    And after this, they will want to sell the batteries separately.lol

It's as if they want to sell a sweater worn by Sheppard and they cut the sleeves
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      HOLD DA PHONE!

Sorry, I'm reeling from the Lost finale and can't think straight, but before you go out and purchase hosting space, I have a TON that's available to use. I use Dreamhost and they're fantastic and I currently have almost nothing up there right now with an insane amount of space (I have half a terrabyte of bandwidth and 10000 Gigs of HD space that is free for use.)

If you need it, it's yours.
      Great. Now we need Kris to show up since she was looking into this. But I think atlantisrisingonline.com is our best choice.

Mint jar! Whee! I hope it goes to a Sparky. No, I'm not going to bid.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Euro is stronger than Dollar. I should try for this one auction.lol
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Great. Now we need Kris to show up since she was looking into this. But I think atlantisrisingonline.com is our best choice.
          Agreed.

Mint jar! Whee! I hope it goes to a Sparky. No, I'm not going to bid.
          I was going to bid... but if it doesn't even come with the lid, I'm not. I don't like incomplete items.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Agreed.

I was going to bid... but if it doesn't even come with the lid, I'm not. I don't like incomplete items.
            Though it really would be nice to see this valuable item go for a high price. LOL
            sigpic

Comment

Though it really would be nice to see this valuable item go for a high price. LOL
              And I would've been willing to pay a high price, too. Relatively high, at least.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Wow, lot's of activity all of a sudden

Ok, I also checked sgarising.com and that's also still available. So we have a couple of options. Although I'd still go for a .com address as that is the easiest for people to remember.
                And I tend to go for one.com as host, but since Eri has hosting space, we only need the name. Which will make it cheaper

And OMG the jar!!!!! I so want to bid on it!!!!!!!
                But I don't want to bid against anyone here, so if someone here, is bidding on it, let me know and also let me know when you give up, cause maybe I'll go higher

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                  Wow, lot's of activity all of a sudden

Ok, I also checked sgarising.com and that's also still available. So we have a couple of options. Although I'd still go for a .com address as that is the easiest for people to remember.
                  And I tend to go for one.com as host, but since Eri has hosting space, we only need the name. Which will make it cheaper

And OMG the jar!!!!! I so want to bid on it!!!!!!!
                  But I don't want to bid against anyone here, so if someone here, is bidding on it, let me know and also let me know when you give up, cause maybe I'll go higher
                  My vote would be for atlantisrisingonline.com since that's close to our new title but I'll go along with sgarising.com if everyone else would rather have that. I agree that .com is the best option.

I'm going to wait until close to the end of the auction to see how high it goes. Go for it if you want the jar. And if you don't get outbid, I won't bid. I want someone here to get it. It doesn't matter whom.
                  sigpic

Comment

Okay, I just got a response from Propworx about the jar:

Hi there!

We do have a jar with a lid that will be in the live auction
                    later this year. This is the only remaining jar beyond that, and it does
                    not have a lid.

Best,

David

-propworx2
                    So there's our answer. The one currently up is a duplicate, probably an extra that was made in case the primary was damaged. I'll be bidding on the complete jar at the live auction.

Comment

My vote would be for atlantisrisingonline.com since that's close to our new title but I'll go along with sgarising.com if everyone else would rather have that. I agree that .com is the best option.
                      Agreed on all counts.

I'm going to wait until close to the end of the auction to see how high it goes. Go for it if you want the jar. And if you don't get outbid, I won't bid. I want someone here to get it. It doesn't matter whom.
                      I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the final price with an eye to how high the complete jar might go at the live auction.

Comment

So there's our answer. The one currently up is a duplicate, probably an extra that was made in case the primary was damaged. I'll be bidding on the complete jar at the live auction.
                        Well, if you're gonna be bidding on the jar at the live auction, I think I'm gonna go for this half-assed one
                        If it's not going for too much, cause I don't want to spend TOO much money on a half-assed one

Sig by me

Comment

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the final price with an eye to how high the complete jar might go at the live auction.
                          You can't compare the two... propworx put some items up for auction at Fedcon and a black Sheppard shirt only went for €55 (if I had known that, I would have bid more) while the Elizabeth shirt went for €160 (or something along these lines). On the ebay auction, Sheppard stuff usually goes for WAY much more than Elizabeth stuff... So even if the half jar now goes for an insane amount, you can't be sure the same will happen during the live auction.

Sig by me

Comment

Well, if you're gonna be bidding on the jar at the live auction, I think I'm gonna go for this half-assed one
                            If it's not going for too much, cause I don't want to spend TOO much money on a half-assed one
                            Heh, true dat. Honestly, I wouldn't even pay $100 for an incomplete one. But that's just me.

You can't compare the two... propworx put some items up for auction at Fedcon and a black Sheppard shirt only went for €55 (if I had known that, I would have bid more) while the Elizabeth shirt went for €160 (or something along these lines). On the ebay auction, Sheppard stuff usually goes for WAY much more than Elizabeth stuff... So even if the half jar now goes for an insane amount, you can't be sure the same will happen during the live auction.
                            Oh, I'm well aware of that. But my bank account is prepared, nevertheless.

Comment

Yay, I'll wait too but don't want to have to outbid you. *polishes credit card* Just kidding. I wish there was some way to keep the price down so you can get it. Though if we ever meet at a con, I want to touch it. And I love how they're pushing the fact that John gave it to her for her birthday. Even the auction is shippy. LOL
                              sigpic

Comment

Yay, I'll wait too but don't want to have to outbid you. *polishes credit card* Just kidding. I wish there was some way to keep the price down so you can get it. Though if we ever meet at a con, I want to touch it.
                                *polishes own credit card and whistles innocently* Hah! If I do win it, it'll be staying in a nice shiny display case in my office. Though pilgrimages by Sparkies visiting the LA area can be arranged.

And I love how they're pushing the fact that John gave it to her for her birthday. Even the auction is shippy. LOL
                                That totally cracked me up!

Comment

Working...
                                X