Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I also agree with taking out the Season 6 part for the title of the website. We could use something like Virtual Atlantis. Something short and not too wordy but gets the point across.
    Virtual Atlantis sounds good.
    Or maybe "Atlantis Reloaded"

    Comment


      Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
      Virtual Atlantis sounds good.
      Or maybe "Atlantis Reloaded"
      Or maybe Atlantis Redux or Atlantis Resurrected.
      sigpic

      Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

      Comment


        Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
        It's nice, but I feel a little sad not seeing Carson between the main characters.
        And I believe it should be out when at least the first episodes are written and published.
        IMHO, obviously.
        Me too. I'd like to see Carson in there as well; I think we did agree back when we were talking about the new opening credits sequence that Carson would be included. And hey, since most modern computer monitors are widescreen now, there's certainly plenty of room for him.

        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Yeah, I think we need to get the website ready to go when the first eps are published to the comm. We can have a big launch party.
        Joe, no doubt, will be bringing the beer.

        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I also agree with taking out the Season 6 part for the title of the website. We could use something like Virtual Atlantis. Something short and not too wordy but gets the point across.
        *nods* Exactly what I was thinking.

        Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
        Virtual Atlantis sounds good.
        Or maybe "Atlantis Reloaded"
        "Atlantis Reloaded?" Hmm, does that mean that Elizabeth is Neo? LOL!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Or maybe Atlantis Redux or Atlantis Resurrected.
          Or Atlantis Rising. Kind of ties back to the pilot and how through this project, Atlantis is rising again.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Or Atlantis Rising. Kind of ties back to the pilot and how through this project, Atlantis is rising again.
            Ooh, actually I like that one for real. It has a great ring to it and imagine the artwork that could be done to go with it.
            sigpic

            Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Ooh, actually I like that one for real. It has a great ring to it and imagine the artwork that could be done to go with it.
              Ohhhh yes! Artwork of Atlantis rising from the oceans of Earth to return to Pegasus... fantastic!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Ohhhh yes! Artwork of Atlantis rising from the oceans of Earth to return to Pegasus... fantastic!
                I do believe this brainstorming thing works. Now, calling all artists. We needs a poster. The city taking off from Earth with the words "Atlantis rising". The second "a" as the earth symbol would be nice. Bonus points for incorporating the city rising from the ocean from the pilot episode. No pressure.

                And you know what's coming next. A promo vid teasing the website. Something like 30 seconds or so showing the city rising and flying. Let's get creative.
                sigpic

                Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  I do believe this brainstorming thing works. Now, calling all artists. We needs a poster. The city taking off from Earth with the words "Atlantis rising". The second "a" as the earth symbol would be nice. Bonus points for incorporating the city rising from the ocean from the pilot episode. No pressure.
                  Indeed; that's just like how it looks in the series logo and the expedition patches on the characters' uniforms. 'Cause, you know, continuity is good.

                  Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  And you know what's coming next. A promo vid teasing the website. Something like 30 seconds or so showing the city rising and flying. Let's get creative.
                  Calling all video editors!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                  Comment


                    Wow, there's life again
                    Yay!!

                    Like I said before, the website is still very much a WIP, so any suggestions about changing things are very welcome. I've already changed a lot of things from the original print-screen that I posted
                    I have an idea about a new banner for the website, but it still milling around in my head and doesn't have a solid form yet. Again, suggestions are welcome.
                    But the problem with Carson is that he doesn't have a decent promo-shot like the others that can be used. And the one that's good and goes with the rest stops at his knees *headdesk*
                    I'll keep looking around though, because yes, Carson does belong in there.

                    About the users logging in: I'm not saying that we need everyone that did something for the project to have an account. But I would like some help Not sure how many of you are familiar with the backend of a website. But once it's fully up, users/mods don't have to go to the backend to change something.

                    And again, it's not because we put the site online that we have to start promoting it. But it would be nice to have a place to direct people to when they're asking for more information, but we don't want them to see the workings behind the project on LJ.
                    Although a launch party does sound like a blast... especially when Joe brings the beer

                    So, what's the title going to be? Right now I've changed it to SGA Season 6. But some of the suggestions sound really good.

                    That's it for now, although I'm sure there's more but I'm sorta blanking out cause I'm doing 10 things at the same time again

                    I'll post screen-shots when we've decided on a title.

                    Sig by me

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Probie View Post
                      Great idea!
                      It seems so official now.


                      I wanted to say "me!!!!!" but I can't draw people. But I can draw others stuff. I'm specialist of Stargate, jumpers and others things.

                      Talking about drawing. Erin I need your help. I'm sick so I didn't work today and I wanted to draw something but I'm a lazy girl so I watched my old drawings to see if I can do something with them. I tried to put some colors in it but I can't do it. And there is one drawing that I always wanted to see what it will be with colors.




                      You already do this for me once and I was thinking that maybe you can do it for this one (put colors in it). If you don't want, I can understand and it's not an emergency.
                      I'd be happy to. Would you like it colored on the computer or with color pencil?

                      Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      Just my opinion--but I was thinking we might commission the art from people outside the thread--for one thing, it would get more SGA fans involved in a general way; and, secondly, I hate to keep piling stuff on the people in here who will already be slammed with the writing requirements for this.

                      Outside artists mean the Sparkies can all vote together in unison over which artists/art they like best.
                      Okay, that works too.

                      Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Or Atlantis Rising. Kind of ties back to the pilot and how through this project, Atlantis is rising again.
                      Ooo, I like it!
                      sigpic
                      Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

                      Comment


                        Erin: As you want. take the easy one for you and a big thank you.
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                          But the problem with Carson is that he doesn't have a decent promo-shot like the others that can be used. And the one that's good and goes with the rest stops at his knees *headdesk*
                          I'll keep looking around though, because yes, Carson does belong in there.
                          Hmm, I don't know where you've been looking, but I've got plenty of high-res promo shots of Carson from Seasons 2 and 3. Though I'm not sure why you need a full-length picture, since none of the artwork you've shown us goes below the waist.

                          Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                          About the users logging in: I'm not saying that we need everyone that did something for the project to have an account. But I would like some help Not sure how many of you are familiar with the backend of a website. But once it's fully up, users/mods don't have to go to the backend to change something.
                          If I'm understanding Eri and SR's concerns correctly, what they're talking about is not so much the nuts and bolts of running a website, it's about limiting the number of people who have control to ensure that the content that is posted meets some basic standards of consistency. Too many fingers in one pie is going to spoil it.

                          Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                          And again, it's not because we put the site online that we have to start promoting it. But it would be nice to have a place to direct people to when they're asking for more information, but we don't want them to see the workings behind the project on LJ.
                          Although a launch party does sound like a blast... especially when Joe brings the beer

                          So, what's the title going to be? Right now I've changed it to SGA Season 6. But some of the suggestions sound really good.

                          That's it for now, although I'm sure there's more but I'm sorta blanking out cause I'm doing 10 things at the same time again

                          I'll post screen-shots when we've decided on a title.
                          Of course it's a good idea to have a place to direct people to for more information. But we also don't want to get ahead of ourselves and throw things up on a site before we're really ready to go live. Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day.

                          As for a title, does anyone have any other title suggestions before we put this to a vote? To recap, here's the suggestions that have come in thus far:

                          Atlantis Virtual Season Project
                          Virtual Atlantis
                          Atlantis Reloaded
                          Atlantis Redux
                          Atlantis Resurrected
                          Atlantis Rising
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Hmm, I don't know where you've been looking, but I've got plenty of high-res promo shots of Carson from Seasons 2 and 3. Though I'm not sure why you need a full-length picture, since none of the artwork you've shown us goes below the waist.
                            I got tons of promotional shots of Carson, but none of them fit in the collage. Either he's turned the other way or he's not looking into the camera or he's in an "active" pose. Trust me, I've tried the three that looked like they would fit, but they didn't
                            But like I said, I'm working on another idea for a banner. I think I can have it finished this weekend...

                            Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            If I'm understanding Eri and SR's concerns correctly, what they're talking about is not so much the nuts and bolts of running a website, it's about limiting the number of people who have control to ensure that the content that is posted meets some basic standards of consistency. Too many fingers in one pie is going to spoil it.
                            Oh no, I get that. And I don't want to post anything before someone else looks at it either. It's way too important to have stupid mistakes in it.

                            Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Of course it's a good idea to have a place to direct people to for more information. But we also don't want to get ahead of ourselves and throw things up on a site before we're really ready to go live. Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day.
                            Again, I totally agree. Right now I'm putting up the general plotlines on the episode pages, but I'd like to put up some more before we go live.

                            Sig by me

                            Comment


                              My take on SR's poster idea :
                              Spoiler:



                              And Probie, here you are! Hope you like.

                              Spoiler:
                              sigpic
                              Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by eri13 View Post
                                i hate to lose the 'sparky' because that's who we are--if readers are interested enough, they're going to find out who we are. But it may give people the wrong impression if they think it's 22 episodes of nothing but shippiness. Perhaps we change the season 6 titles and make it written/produced by sparky season 6 productions?
                                I agree with that, in a sense. Lets face it, the majority of continuing stories out there on FF aren't sparky as such, mostly because it completely alters the cannon of the show. We/you have to stick with cannon, at least for a bit

                                Originally posted by southern red View Post
                                that's what i was thinking too. Sparky says ship to 99% of people.



                                I guess due to my husband's occupation as a web admin and seeing what happens when the users get posting access...*shudders*... I'm a little leery of letting anyone but the site admin have posting powers. I think all our authors are very trustworthy but we need to have the eps as letter perfect on grammar, etc as humanly possible before they go up. I don't want to look in there one day and have to go "wtf?". If you know what i mean. This includes artwork or anything else also.

                                And it looks like we're all on the same page with the sparky title.
                                Sparky does say ship, unfortunately. Also, I think only 2 or 2 people should have access to the final website.

                                Originally posted by probie View Post
                                <snip>
                                Talking about drawing. Erin i need your help. I'm sick so i didn't work today and i wanted to draw something but i'm a lazy girl so i watched my old drawings to see if i can do something with them. I tried to put some colors in it but i can't do it. And there is one drawing that i always wanted to see what it will be with colors.
                                You're a girl? The internet can be confusing sometimes. Or I'm just slow, whatever

                                Originally posted by scary kitty View Post
                                good morning, sparkies! Happy pretty friday!

                                I definitely like the idea of a website to host the stories and artwork, but i agree that it's probably way too soon to put something up. I see it as very much like how big bang works; using lj to organize the effort, then only once the product is completed, putting it up on a website for the public to enjoy.

                                I also agree that we should drop the "sparky" from the title and instead note that sparky authors are working on the stories. This season is about far more than just sparky, and the title should reflect that fact.

                                On a related note, i do think that we should also not use "season 6" in the project's main title and the web address (.com, .org, whatever we pick). The thing is, we already have plans for a season 7. So perhaps a more generic "stargate atlantis virtual season project" or something like that, to be subtitled with "season 6," "season 7" (once we get to it), and so forth. Let's not pigeonhole ourselves too much.


                                i like that!



                                I'm rather leery of that, as well. Again going back to the example set forth by big bang, the 2-3 organizers are the ones who are site admins and have posting powers; the authors and artists submit their work (and are responsible for making sure that their work meets formatting requirements so that everything will look the same on the website), and the admins are the ones who post it.



                                I also like this idea! As we've all said, this season is about more than just sparky, and it would be good for as much of the creative output as possible to reflect that viewpoint.
                                It's a laudible idea. If you want more people to read it than what's in this this thread, that's the way to go (damn audience appeal, WTF's up with that??)

                                Originally posted by southern red View Post
                                or maybe atlantis redux or atlantis resurrected.
                                Or Atlantis Reenvisioned?

                                Originally posted by scary kitty View Post
                                hmm, i don't know where you've been looking, but i've got plenty of high-res promo shots of carson from seasons 2 and 3. Though i'm not sure why you need a full-length picture, since none of the artwork you've shown us goes below the waist.
                                Wow, it's just like porn on youtube, nothing below the waist .


                                Originally posted by erin87 View Post
                                my take on sr's poster idea :
                                Spoiler:



                                and probie, here you are! hope you like.

                                Spoiler:
                                The first one is a bit of a flub on the part of TPTW/VFX people. Atlantis is coming in from orbit without a shield. I know they had had battle damage, but still, the heat from entering the atmosphere is astronomical, they'd need the shield, if not for the heat, then the landing itself.
                                Last edited by gateraid; 22 May 2010, 01:47 AM. Reason: typing too fast/spelling mistakes
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X