Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
    I wrote a fic for the sga_lfws tourney....it got second place for this round...it's not shippy but I'm excited to finally place in a round. you can find it here if you're interested (it's a team fic, prompt was man vs. nature)
    Oooh, team whump!

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    Thanks homie for you story. Excellent one.

Hi everyone.

OT
    Spoiler:
    I saw my aunt today. She will have surgery on the 7th. Triple bypass.
    *hugs Probie*
    Spoiler:
    Heart surgery is a scary prospect, but they're really good with it now. I'll be thinking of you and your family. *more hugs*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*hugs probie* I'll keep you and your family in my prayers
      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks!

Spoiler:
        I'm optimist. I know she will be fine but the most painful is to see her devastated for the moment. She's the incarnation of "Joie de vivre". Always laughing. But now she doesn't want to talk. It's hard for her because it's not the first time she has a big health problem. The first time, she tooks it with humor. Now that she knows the name of her surgery, she's devastated. But we try to make her laugh and she starts to see things differently but it's complicated.
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          You guys,

I feel awfully sad and lonely. Does anyone have a spare hug for me?
          (((big huge hugs)))

I wrote a fic for the sga_lfws tourney....it got second place for this round...it's not shippy but I'm excited to finally place in a round. you can find it here if you're interested (it's a team fic, prompt was man vs. nature)
          *runs to read*

Thanks homie for you story. Excellent one.

Hi everyone.

OT
          Spoiler:
          I saw my aunt today. She will have surgery on the 7th. Triple bypass.
          Prayers and hugs for you and your whole family.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*BIG MEGAGIHUGIC HUGS* to Probie, Anuna, and anyone else in the Sparky thread who needs one.

*HIGH-FIVES to SR for the awesome con squeeness that you are experiencing and to PK for that hilarious ficlet.
            sigpic
            Signature by Erin87

Comment

*huggles Anuna* what's up sweetie? need to talk?
              *hugs*
              And if you wanna chat, I'm on MSN as well

Comment

Why everyone is on MSN and I don't know it? Is there a parallel Sparky life?

Request: Is it possible to have a link of a fic when you see the past of Elizabeth as a negotiator?
                sigpic

Comment

Why everyone is on MSN and I don't know it? Is there a parallel Sparky life?
                  You just have to look to the left if there's a MSN small icon under every poster's avatar. I have mine
                  You're welcome to chat, if you like, everybody here's welcomed

Comment

*big hugs to Anuna and Probie*
                    Thanks to Spacemonkey Jackson for the signature!

Comment

Request: Is it possible to have a link of a fic when you see the past of Elizabeth as a negotiator?
                      Stay tuned, and I'll see what I can come up with!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thank you SMB and Angel.

SK:YEAH! I hope you will find one.
                        sigpic

Comment

Probie, I found a couple of fics that might fit your request... There doesn't seem to be much in the way of pre-Atlantis fic for Elizabeth. These two are AU, and both by the same author, melyanna, who has a real gift for political-oriented stories.

International Relations.
                          Summary: At the end of a diplomatic mission to the Balkans, a mechanical problem keeps Elizabeth Weir stuck at an American military base in Kosovo, where she meets an Air Force pilot by the name of John Sheppard.

The West Gate series.
                          AU crossover between Stargate and The West Wing. I recommend starting with the stories The Pacific Rim followed by Revelation, which flesh out a lot of Elizabeth's pre-Atlantis background.

Hope you enjoy them!

Comment

Thanks you SK.
                            Time to read.
                            sigpic

Comment

Today's rerun on SyFy is Common Ground! Ooodles of Sparky!angst for us to feast on. And, of course, cursing Kolya, the rat b*st*rd.

Comment

I have an SS6 question: Before 'What Dreams May Come,' what does everyone else in Atlantis know about what happened to Elizabeth while she was a prisoner of the Replicators, and when are they going to know it? I'd kind of like for the command staff to have at least a basic idea of what happened to her before we get to WDMC.

In 'Primum Movens,' they're going to find Elizabeth in a secret location where she was hidden before Asuras went kaboom in BAMSR... could that location also hold information about what was done to her? Computers with files that Atlantis will need to decode before they can read them? McKay and Zelenka start breaking the codes on the files, and they turn out to be Oberoth's records of the experiments that were done on Elizabeth, using her nanites to create her duplicates, the mental connection between the duplicates and the original Elizabeth, etc.

We won't actually reveal any of that information to the audience until WDMC, we'll just show the team's reactions to the information. They're horrified and afraid to say anything to Elizabeth. Perhaps they're still working on decoding some files so they don't have a complete picture that they can give her. Kate could have concerns that Elizabeth may have blocked the memories because it was too traumatic, and that telling her instead of letting her remember on her own might damage Elizabeth's recovery. So there's some tension among Sheppard and the others that Elizabeth will start to pick up on, with her sensing that there's something they're not telling her, something bad. This would help feed the feelings of mistrust in the others that we want to have growing in her leading up to WDMC.

We're currently discussing 'Found in Translation,' and that's probably too early to have a mention of the files actually being cracked, though there might be a mention of McKay and Zelenka working on the files. I'd like for it to be closer to WDMC so that they're not keeping secrets from her for too long, but just long enough that they're starting to regret not saying something to Elizabeth right away. Maybe somewhere around Episodes 15-17?

Showrunners and fellow writers, what say you?

Comment

Working...
                                X