Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I want to feel the pages, smell the pages and hold the pages. Plus, if by chance my book drops in the tub while I'm reading it's just wet and will get dry again. An e-reader would be bust.
    I feel the same way. Although I do use my kindle when I travel, but only then.

I also want to say a big thank you to slizzie for running the challenge for me this week!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Plus, taking a bath to me is one of the biggest wastes of time ever. I get bored and start looking for dirty spots on the tile in about 30 seconds. Get in the shower, wash and get out is my philosophy. In fact when watching those home shows in which the lady of the house is usually all excited about her soaker tub, I'm thinking they should rip that thing out and put in either a larger shower or cabinets.

GASP!!!

I love taking long, hot (read "scolding hot") baths. Just about the only time my brain stops its chaotic pattern of thoughts. Hence why I also have plenty of Eureka! moments in the tub (and never any paper at hand to write them down).
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        I'm half and half on this. I like the convenience of my iPad to read on, but I love turning pages in a book. So I still have a small library at home of a few books that I actually deemed worthy of buying.
        I'm right there with you. And then there's artbooks. Those big two-page spreads just don't work so well on a tablet.

Oh and the "ficlet" I found on my iPad is quickly becoming a fic. And it's previously unpublished. Who's up for Team SGA as surgeons???
        Sounds crackalicious!

As an old English teacher, I should agree with you guys and I used to, but the convenience of tech won me out.

Plus, taking a bath to me is one of the biggest wastes of time ever. I get bored and start looking for dirty spots on the tile in about 30 seconds. Get in the shower, wash and get out is my philosophy. In fact when watching those home shows in which the lady of the house is usually all excited about her soaker tub, I'm thinking they should rip that thing out and put in either a larger shower or cabinets.
        We're going to have both showers and tubs in the new house. Showers are convenient, but nothing helps with exfoliation like a good soak.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

As an old English teacher, I should agree with you guys and I used to, but the convenience of tech won me out.

To be honest, I probably will only use it a handful of times. Sometimes just knowing that it's available makes it nice. In comparison, my old bathroom was the size of a small closet with a shower stall, so I'll take the upgrade.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I'm right there with you. And then there's artbooks. Those big two-page spreads just don't work so well on a tablet.
          Yes, anything artwork related is definitely better in book form.

Sounds crackalicious!
          It's quickly going that way!

I finally got internet again yesterday!!! I'm working on the fic, and I also found a Sparky vidlet I made a while back. However, school wifi is a butt so I may have to wait until after work to post it.

ETA: Uploaded it to Photobucket. We'll see how this works!

Clicking on it takes you to PB. But it works. Storyline:
          Spoiler:
          basically, S4 got screwed up. LOL Elizabeth got rescued (covertly) by the IOA and ended up back on Earth, living under an assumed identity and having nothing to do with the Stargate program or the people therein. But she misses Atlantis. And a certain flyboy colonel who likes things that go faster than 200mph. She records a video, wanting to send it to him but knowing the IOA will never pass it on. A year passes. John ends up on Earth investigating something and somehow comes across the video.

Oh, hello, Sparky fic bunnies. I wondered where you were hiding.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

To be honest, I probably will only use it a handful of times. Sometimes just knowing that it's available makes it nice. In comparison, my old bathroom was the size of a small closet with a shower stall, so I'll take the upgrade.
            Sounds like my bathroom right now!

I finally got internet again yesterday!!! I'm working on the fic, and I also found a Sparky vidlet I made a while back. However, school wifi is a butt so I may have to wait until after work to post it.

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...pslojxvn99.mp4

Spoiler:
            basically, S4 got screwed up. LOL Elizabeth got rescued (covertly) by the IOA and ended up back on Earth, living under an assumed identity and having nothing to do with the Stargate program or the people therein. But she misses Atlantis. And a certain flyboy colonel who likes things that go faster than 200mph. She records a video, wanting to send it to him but knowing the IOA will never pass it on. A year passes. John ends up on Earth investigating something and somehow comes across the video.

Oooooh! What an angst bomb! Better start laying in a stock of tissues now!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yes, anything artwork related is definitely better in book form.

Spoiler:

Love it and love me some Sparky angst.

Don't get me started on bathrooms. Even as we speak I am waiting for the workmen who are doing a reno on our master bath to show up. Every day they get later and leave earlier. There's always a "good" reason, at least to them. Meanwhile, Mr. SR and I are sharing the guest bath. Everything is covered in dust and they leave the doors wide open so anything can fly in. One day I was drying my hair in the bathroom and one of them appeared on a ladder outside the window. Luckily, I was wearing my bathrobe. Sheesh. I anticipate at least 2 more weeks of this. Thinking about running away.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Love it and love me some Sparky angst.

Don't get me started on bathrooms. Even as we speak I am waiting for the workmen who are doing a reno on our master bath to show up. Every day they get later and leave earlier. There's always a "good" reason, at least to them. Meanwhile, Mr. SR and I are sharing the guest bath. Everything is covered in dust and they leave the doors wide open so anything can fly in. One day I was drying my hair in the bathroom and one of them appeared on a ladder outside the window. Luckily, I was wearing my bathrobe. Sheesh. I anticipate at least 2 more weeks of this. Thinking about running away.
                Is it time to send in Shep with a jumper???

Comment

I'll take Shep in a jumper, or out of a jumper for that matter, any time. They promise they'll have the major part finished by the end of the week. But since some of the parts we've ordered haven't come yet, I have a feeling they'll be back next week to finish up.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

My thoughts exactly!

I'll take Shep in a jumper, or out of a jumper for that matter, any time. They promise they'll have the major part finished by the end of the week. But since some of the parts we've ordered haven't come yet, I have a feeling they'll be back next week to finish up.
                    Out of a jumper. With a bottle of champagne and a box of chocolates.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

I'll take Shep in a jumper, or out of a jumper for that matter, any time.
                        So would Elizabeth. *rimshot*

Out of a jumper. With a bottle of champagne and a box of chocolates.
                        That works too! *eats more Pretzel M&Ms than she should*

Comment

I finally figured out GIFs.

Here is the fruits of today's labor:

I am also Edith and I have been cleared of all murder charges. I was wondering where the blood on my hands came from.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I finally figured out GIFs.

Here is the fruits of today's labor:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...psd4obzgr5.gif http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...psqfiz4jjw.gif
                            http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...psivqpez08.gif

I am also Edith and I have been cleared of all murder charges. I was wondering where the blood on my hands came from.
                            Whee, The Eye gifs! Awesome job!

And apparently I am Robert and I have to cook dinner for Mr Carson. LMAO!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Whee, The Eye gifs! Awesome job!

And apparently I am Robert and I have to cook dinner for Mr Carson. LMAO!
                              Thank you, Father!

Comment

Thank you, Father!
                                OMFG. *snorts*

Comment

Working...
                                X