No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darn, should have used multi-quote. But I iz too lazy to fix.

Originally posted by Luz View Post
    I like most of these, except Simon, and I suspect it's got a lot to do with that awful hairdo he sported on The Intruder, it made him look sleazy, bleurgh.
    Please don't make me think of Simon's hair in Intruder. *shudders*

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      And I loved Janeway/Chakotay. Oh, and Roslin/Adama on BSG. I sense a pattern...........

Of course Sparky also falls into the diplomat/space cowboy style of Hans/Leia.

So if you put all these together, I was doomed to ship Sparky.
      Doomed? It's not a bad thing.
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

And I loved Janeway/Chakotay. Oh, and Roslin/Adama on BSG. I sense a pattern...........

Pepper and Tony, too.

Ewwww! Scary Intruder!hair is scary. *passes over brain bleach*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
            http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/normal_atl_320_0818.jpg
            : Was his hair really that bad?

: Please, John, don't make me relive that horror again. Or I'll make you sleep on the couch.

: What horror? When I get through with you, you won't even remember your own name.

: *purring* Tell me more...
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              : Was his hair really that bad?

: Please, John, don't make me relive that horror again. Or I'll make you sleep on the couch.

: What horror? When I get through with you, you won't even remember your own name.

: *purring* Tell me more...

It must be Smutty Tuesday already somewhere in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                I think the gist of the awkwardness was that Elizabeth was supposed to be 'flattered' that someone was coming on to her, and that she did like him (which is why she got all embarrassed when Teyla and Carson were trying to figure out what she was up to), but that she realized that she couldn't do her job and date someone at the same time.

Of course, I still find it funny that they didn't even try to confront of the 1000 pound gorilla of 'what would John say,' but that's just me.
                *raises hand* Add another voice to the not-just-you chorus. And John was the archetype on which Mike was based, which almost made me think these guys knew what they were doing and wrote him that way on purpose. I know. I can't stop laughing either. How silly of me.

John was usually right on top of things, yet he never seemed to even know about the date. I mean he was worried that Elizabeth was spending too much time at work and encouraged Teyla to have lunch with her, yet he didn't notice the pretty green shirt. Did he think she picked that to wear to lunch with Teyla?

Yet another example of badwritingbadwritingbadwriting.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  *raises hand* Add another voice to the not-just-you chorus. And John was the archetype on which Mike was based, which almost made me think these guys knew what they were doing and wrote him that way on purpose. I know. I can't stop laughing either. How silly of me.

John was usually right on top of things, yet he never seemed to even know about the date. I mean he was worried that Elizabeth was spending too much time at work and encouraged Teyla to have lunch with her, yet he didn't notice the pretty green shirt. Did he think she picked that to wear to lunch with Teyla?

Especially bad writing when it was supposed to be showing Sheyla, when what I saw was Teyla's crush being Carson. I've always said that it makes sense as the only downtime story that didn't involve Carson was Teyla's. So having her crush being Carson would make the whole thing complete.

But that's just me trying to put logic on SGA. Silly me.

Comment

Especially bad writing when it was supposed to be showing Sheyla, when what I saw was Teyla's crush being Carson. I've always said that it makes sense as the only downtime story that didn't involve Carson was Teyla's. So having her crush being Carson would make the whole thing complete.

What? Please don't tell me her crush was supposed to be Sheppard because lolx10000000000000. Seriously, this is why I ignore everything said off-screen, because tptb always failed at logic and sense making. And their intentions clashed with what we were being showed on-screen. What I saw was Elizabeth dating someone suspiciously reminiscent of John and Teyla possibly having a crush on Carson. I remember that episode created a lot of Carson/Teyla shippers, lol. TPTB fail so hard at everything, I don't know why they kept trying.

Comment

It must be Smutty Tuesday already somewhere in the world.
                      Just getting started early.

I know, right? My sides are hurting from laughing so much.

This.

What? Please don't tell me her crush was supposed to be Sheppard because lolx10000000000000. Seriously, this is why I ignore everything said off-screen, because tptb always failed at logic and sense making. And their intentions clashed with what we were being showed on-screen. What I saw was Elizabeth dating someone suspiciously reminiscent of John and Teyla possibly having a crush on Carson. I remember that episode created a lot of Carson/Teyla shippers, lol. TPTB fail so hard at everything, I don't know why they kept trying.
                      And this!

I keep saying that making Carson be Teyla's baby daddy would've created some deliciously angsty drama. Because OMG Carson would be dead! And then they find out that Michael cloned him, but the clone of course has no freaking idea that he's gonna be a daddy! And then Michael kidnaps Teyla to steal the baby, and OHNOEZ! What a crackalicious soap opera that would've been!

Comment

I keep saying that making Carson be Teyla's baby daddy would've created some deliciously angsty drama. Because OMG Carson would be dead! And then they find out that Michael cloned him, but the clone of course has no freaking idea that he's gonna be a daddy! And then Michael kidnaps Teyla to steal the baby, and OHNOEZ! What a crackalicious soap opera that would've been!
                        And instead of that ship they went with the mile high club for their ultimate favorite.

Oh, and yes, Luz. That's what Martin Gero said in the episode commentary. That there were 3 scenes that were meant to suggest the idea that Teyla's crush *might* have been John. Of course, once Rachel became pregnant and Mullie applied some sense to the group to drop the idea of John being the baby-daddy, they could retrofit the crush to be Kanaan.

Comment

That would have been interesting, thought seeing a woman who looked like Teyla with someone like Carson would have required tptb to think outside the box. What do you wanna bet if someone had pitched they idea they'd have laughed it off, they'd probably think he was to dorky for her.

Oh, and yes, Luz. That's what Martin Gero said in the episode commentary. That there were 3 scenes that were meant to suggest the idea that Teyla's crush *might* have been John. Of course, once Rachel became pregnant and Mullie applied some sense to the group to drop the idea of John being the baby-daddy, they could retrofit the crush to be Kanaan.
                          Another reason why I never listen to commentary. Whatever they said it's completely useless because what happened on screen completely negates whatever point they were trying to make with their words. An image is worth a thousand words.

My personal point of view is that it's over, it's done. Whatever they wanted to do counts for nothing. What counts, as far as I'm concerned, is what's on screen, and nothing else. There might have been a thousand things they wanted to do but they didn't do it or they didn't portray them well enough to make themselves be understood.

Comment

Another reason why I never listen to commentary. Whatever they said it's completely useless because what happened on screen completely negates whatever point they were trying to make with their words. An image is worth a thousand words.

My personal point of view is that it's over, it's done. Whatever they wanted to do counts for nothing. What counts, as far as I'm concerned, is what's on screen, and nothing else. There might have been a thousand things they wanted to do but they didn't do it or they didn't portray them well enough to make themselves be understood.
                            Oh I agree completely. I haven't listened to all the commentaries like SR (she's the true masochist), but I've listened to the S1-S3 and Lizzie S4 ones. They tend to explain things a lot because it wasn't clear in the show. I don't think they realize that 95% of fans do not listen to commentaries or even join the fandom.

These PTW have made me wonder what other shows exist in which I've seen something completely contrary to the creator's intentions.

Comment

Good evening, everybody! I spent the day at Busch Gardens, getting soaked on the water rides in this heat and sunburnt severely tanned. Definitely got my exercise in for the week.

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                              She would have known that, if she had watched Star Trek Voyager - Janeway had the exact same problem

And why should she be flattered? She's an intelligent, attractive woman - of course someone would eventually come on to her. Strange writing again...
                              Oh dear Lord, the thoughts that just popped in my head. I recently watched ST:VOY S6 episodes "Fair Haven" and "Spirit Folk" -- you know, the ones where Janeway falls for a holographic character in Tom Paris' holodeck program and the Doctor basically tells her to go for it because she can't date anyone on the ship since she's the captain and she doesn't really have any other options?

So of course, my brain goes, "You know, Atlantis does have a holographic projection room."

*falls into gutter with SK*

And Pepperony too, yes.

Same here. But it's a doom I like, and I have people to share it with. *pours margarita*

Ewwww! Scary Intruder!hair is scary. *passes over brain bleach*
                              Simon's hair =

*cue sharp violin music*

Did John see Elizabeth in the green shirt and I totally missed it? Because I think he would've been thrown that she finally wore something other than her work uniform for the first time in two years if he had seen her. And drooling, of course.

Crack!fic for the win!

And here, I was actually naive enough to believe that the hinting about Teyla's crush in "Sunday" was the writers attempting to introduce Kanaan. Shame on me. *Gibbs slaps self*

Comment

Also, I didn't know if anyone had posted this yet, but "Primum Movens Part Two", Chapter Three is up. Run off and read. You could use a good bedtime story.

Comment

Working...
                                X