Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    And seriously. How many times did John even talk to Kate during the time she was on? FH has the answer, I'm sure...

Congrats!

Nope, I agree. Which is why, in my head canon, Elizabeth Weir is still out there. And she looks like Torri Higginson.

Gotta get some sleep! Good night, everybody!
    Other than his not on screen visit to discuss his concern about Teyla's nightmares late in season one, I can't think of any times John talked to Kate. I can't even think of a fanfic were they interact any.

Thanks, SW.

Same here.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
      And Carson, kinda makes me hate the end scene in ‘Doppelganger’, I mean why would Keller and Carter get to be in the team moment but Elizabeth and Carson got left out in that.
      Yeah, I, too, really wish that Elizabeth and Carson were in that scene. It would have completed the episode perfectly. Even though they weren't official members of the team, it didn't mean that they hadn't developed just as close a friendship with them. I don't know, the ending made it seem as if Elizabeth and Carson were completely separate from John and his off-world team.

And then look at how both of them were written off the show less than a season later. Does that mean anything to you guys?
      sigpic
      Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
      View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
        Just throwing this out there (and not quoting anything because there's just too much)...maybe post-Lifeline Elizabeth was zenlike *because* of the nanites. They'd be bound to change her over time, imo.

And I intend to do a full re-watch of SGA as soon as I move and get my DVDs out of storage; this time I'll watch S4 and S5 too...
        As much as i hate to say it, its also possible Weir was a little subdued because Torri's heart wasn't really in it at that point. Or, perhaps she'd made the decision (based on the script and the character's actions) that this wasn't the real Weir either and portrayed her accordingly

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        Other than his not on screen visit to discuss his concern about Teyla's nightmares late in season one, I can't think of any times John talked to Kate. I can't even think of a fanfic were they interact any.

Thanks, SW.

Same here.
        Now there's a plot bunny for someone

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
        Yeah, I, too, really wish that Elizabeth and Carson were in that scene. It would have completed the episode perfectly. Even though they weren't official members of the team, it didn't mean that they hadn't developed just as close a friendship with them. I don't know, the ending made it seem as if Elizabeth and Carson were completely separate from John and his off-world team.

And then look at how both of them were written off the show less than a season later. Does that mean anything to you guys?
        By both did you mean Carter and Keller? *scratches head* Keller was on the show til it finished, unless you meant somebody else?

I don't think we can really read too much into Carter's departure. AT had another show on at the time (hence her limited availability for SGA) and had to choose between the two. Given that she'd already done eleven years, it wasn't exactly a surprise that she went with the newer show (for which she was also an Executive Producer). And while I don't think Carter was a good fit initially, I think they would have made a better fist of writing for her in s5. In fact some of Woolsey's storylines would have worked equally well for Carter
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          That bastard. He's cheating on her with some blonde. Oh, wait, that might be Kate. That's okay then
          Well, before she became a blonde she was a brunette cause the person stitching it for us made a mistake.

Now there's a plot bunny for someone
          And who might that be?
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Just throwing this out there (and not quoting anything because there's just too much)...maybe post-Lifeline Elizabeth was zenlike *because* of the nanites. They'd be bound to change her over time, imo.

And I intend to do a full re-watch of SGA as soon as I move and get my DVDs out of storage; this time I'll watch S4 and S5 too...
            Good point. I hadn't thought of that, but didn't she say something in GitM about the nanites changing her or something? *too busy to go look*

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post

I liked that scene with John's team laughing together also, though some of the laughter sounded a bit forced. But what I really hated was the scene in S4 with Carter eating with them. That really made me mad when I think of all the times they could have done the same thing with Elizabeth.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

For those of you who haven't seen it here's the Sparky Advent calender background I made for JT this year

sigpic
              Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Sparky She-Demon requested a Sparky Christmas Dance
                sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and... S-minus 5 hours until "The Real World"!

On today's College Football Round-up: Georgia lost to Alabama 23-28 (NOOOOOOO!!!! I wanted Georgia to eat Notre Dame for lunch in the BCS championship! ), Navy plays Army in their annual rivalry game next week, and the rest of us are either done for the year or awaiting bowl games.

Very true, it stands to reason that the nanites would/could have changed her. Which brings up some interesting questions about identity (not just the usual "is she the real one?" questions, but also simply "who/what does she see herself as?") and darker questions about the nature of those changes, freedom/consent issues, etc.

As much as i hate to say it, its also possible Weir was a little subdued because Torri's heart wasn't really in it at that point. Or, perhaps she'd made the decision (based on the script and the character's actions) that this wasn't the real Weir either and portrayed her accordingly
                  There's that, too.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Good point. I hadn't thought of that, but didn't she say something in GitM about the nanites changing her or something? *too busy to go look*
                  *nods* I'm pretty sure that was in reference to the part of FRANibeth's story that her human form had been fully assimilated into a Replicator body by the nanites.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  I liked that scene with John's team laughing together also, though some of the laughter sounded a bit forced. But what I really hated was the scene in S4 with Carter eating with them. That really made me mad when I think of all the times they could have done the same thing with Elizabeth.
                  I know, right? It would've been so easy to slide Elizabeth into other scenes like that. But noooo...

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                  For those of you who haven't seen it here's the Sparky Advent calender background I made for JT this year

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...advent2012.png
                  That's lovely!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...tmas_Dance.gif
                  Awww, SQUEE! That is so awesome!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thanks SK

And last years background

and one of last years Advents

I do have new Christmas Sparky Arties but you will have to wait until their advent days to see them
                    sigpic
                    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

As much as i hate to say it, its also possible Weir was a little subdued because Torri's heart wasn't really in it at that point.
                      I would understand that though, I mean the episode in itself was pretty weird but also considering the abrupt departure it must have been weird to come back. Torri was asked in an interview, I think it was for Dragon Con but I’m not sure, what the difference was between being a star of a show and guest star on a show and she said that while guest starring is fun and she had been lucky with those shows she have been on it doesn’t compare to having your own show so taking that in consideration coming back to SGA must have been pretty bittersweet and it can’t have been easy so if she did feel not 100% into it then I wouldn’t blame her.

Or, perhaps she'd made the decision (based on the script and the character's actions) that this wasn't the real Weir either and portrayed her accordingly
                      However this I agree on, because she did do a great job and I do think that a lot of it had to do with how the episode was written and especially Elizabeth as a character because at the time she had been through a lot, even for a while thinking that she was the “real” Elizabeth only to find out that she wasn’t and then meeting her real friends only to be gone again by the end of the episode. All of it must have been hard to bring forward with everything going on.

By both did you mean Carter and Keller? *scratches head* Keller was on the show til it finished, unless you meant somebody else?

I don't think we can really read too much into Carter's departure. AT had another show on at the time (hence her limited availability for SGA) and had to choose between the two. Given that she'd already done eleven years, it wasn't exactly a surprise that she went with the newer show (for which she was also an Executive Producer). And while I don't think Carter was a good fit initially, I think they would have made a better fist of writing for her in s5. In fact some of Woolsey's storylines would have worked equally well for Carter
                      I believe she was referring to Elizabeth and Carson.

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...advent2012.png
                      That was beautiful, love it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...tmas_Dance.gif
                        Love that so much I can't stop staring.

MR, I also love the art for the Advent calendar. Simply beautiful.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Thank you Nolamom! I'll snurch that ASAP! Could you send it to me in a PM?
                          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                            Thank you Nolamom! I'll snurch that ASAP! Could you send it to me in a PM?
                            sure, but you can snurch it right off the page too you know.
                            sigpic

Comment

a little mistletoe action

sigpic

Comment

Again thank you. Got anything with the kiddies?
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X