Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
    Oh yes, i had totally forgotten about the season 2 episode "Instincts" in which she actually acts as a Wraith. Thank you for reminding me of it.
    You're welcome, Pearl.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

    Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

    Comment


      Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      I can't believe nobody has noticed...

      But we've passed 130,000 posts!


      *pops open the champagne*
      Woo hoo! Celebrate!

      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Why you make John and JT cry??

      (Very pretty!)




      Indeedy.




      Those are some hot fics! Love them! I think my favorite of hers is War and Peace. Then for fluff she also has Hunt and Peck, which always makes me giggle.



      OMG I LOVE THAT ONE! And yes, poor Lorne.


      And I had meant to rec this one earlier, when it was actually Thanksgiving, but you know... laziness. Scary Kitty has Atlantis's First Thanksgiving which is a great story.
      Thanks for reccing my fics. Hunt and Peck is the name of my journal, the fic is actually "I Get Misty" but who cares? That was one of my many crack fics. I haven't done one of those in a while.

      I love that SK fic and would love to rec more but can't put my finger on where she hides them. Are they all in one place somewhere?
      sigpic

      Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Woo hoo! Celebrate!



        Thanks for reccing my fics. Hunt and Peck is the name of my journal, the fic is actually "I Get Misty" but who cares? That was one of my many crack fics. I haven't done one of those in a while.

        I love that SK fic and would love to rec more but can't put my finger on where she hides them. Are they all in one place somewhere?
        Fixed it!!

        As for SK's fics, I know where her big bang fic but not the others.

        Comment


          Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          And my contribution for Smutty Tuesday. Part One is crack, and Part Two is not for kiddies.
          Awww, even though I had read that before, it's worth repeating that I love it. And, no matter what anyone says, that is exactly what happened for real.
          sigpic

          Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Awww, even though I had read that before, it's worth repeating that I love it. And, no matter what anyone says, that is exactly what happened for real.
            Thanks!

            So I did laundry, ran errands, cooked, watched MI4 cause I had the free time, and am happily surfing the web on my iPad Mini while watching NCIS. It's actually pretty easy for me to type on, although I have small hands, so that might help.

            Need to get to work on my other fic, which may end up making up for the HS AU fic that I lost.

            Comment


              Random Sparky pic:

              Comment


                Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                I can't believe nobody has noticed...

                But we've passed 130,000 posts!


                *pops open the champagne*
                ZOMG, so we have! WAY TO GO, SPARKIES! LET'S PAR-TAY!!!!!!!

                Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                We were blinded by the Sparks...
                I'll second that!

                Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                And my contribution for Smutty Tuesday. Part One is crack, and Part Two is not for kiddies.
                Squee! I remember that fic! So cracktastically good!

                Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                Those are some hot fics! Love them! I think my favorite of hers is War and Peace. Then for fluff she also has I Get Misty, which always makes me giggle.
                Those are awesome choices! And for crack, there's just no beating her Brain Damage.

                Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                And I had meant to rec this one earlier, when it was actually Thanksgiving, but you know... laziness. Scary Kitty has Atlantis's First Thanksgiving which is a great story.
                *blushes* Thank you for the praise! I'm very flattered that people like it so much to reread and rec it at will. Tells me I did my job right. *hugs*

                Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                I love that SK fic and would love to rec more but can't put my finger on where she hides them. Are they all in one place somewhere?
                I think all but the Big Bang fic are on my LJ; just check under the 'fanfic' tag.
                Last edited by Scary Kitty; 27 November 2012, 07:11 PM.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  I can't believe nobody has noticed...

                  But we've passed 130,000 posts!


                  *pops open the champagne*
                  *Throws confetti*

                  Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  Random Sparky pic:

                  Cute.

                  Southern Red, I love your War and Peace!

                  And seeing as how everyone's gone Sparky fic happy, here is Of Rolling Pins and Chocolate by Erin and Mirroring by Anuna. I absolutely love both of these.
                  sigpic
                  Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                  View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

                  (Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

                  Comment


                    LTNS scary kitty!

                    Hey sparky she-demon, sparky fic of yours is excellent! Just finished reading it. So I'm curious is there any plans to write more chapters to it? I can see john and liz's twins does look like them in real life u know what I mean they're so adorable kids. Nuff said I'll give you a green smile

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Zangetsu-san View Post
                      LTNS scary kitty!

                      Hey sparky she-demon, sparky fic of yours is excellent! Just finished reading it. So I'm curious is there any plans to write more chapters to it? I can see john and liz's twins does look like them in real life u know what I mean they're so adorable kids. Nuff said I'll give you a green smile
                      I'm not allowed to give any details but Sparky is planning on more chapters to her sparky fiction

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Aang View Post
                        I'm not allowed to give any details but Sparky is planning on more chapters to her sparky fiction
                        Oh really! hmm interesting, she must have worked up new ideas to surprise her readers I suppose?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Zangetsu-san View Post
                          Oh really! hmm interesting, she must have worked up new ideas to surprise her readers I suppose?
                          All I can say is it's going to be good

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Aang View Post
                            All I can say is it's going to be good
                            Sounds good I'll look forward to it soon!

                            Comment


                              Okay, I've only skimmed a few pages, so I'm pretty sure I've missed a lot of good stuff.

                              Thoughts on John/Teyla discussion:

                              Whilst I agree that the author's intent should be one's guide in terms of ship (and for the rest of the story!), that becomes a little murky in terms of a show suck as SGA. They have multiple writers, and sometimes scripts get re-worked. Judging what the author's intent is can be....contentious. That said, if they'd had a bit more of a plan (as in "hey guys, this is our chosen pairing, try to drop the odd hint into your scripts every now and then - not too much though, we don't want to beat people over the head with it") then there might have been as much viewer interpretation as their currently is.

                              I do think that Sheyla would have worked, if they'd given it the proper attention (and I firmly believe that was their plan for s4, but practical realities got in the way).

                              For all those that say Sheyla is cliched (I'm not disputing this) because it is "gung-ho soldier tames hot babe", consider this: Teyla has more in common with both John and Elizabeth than they do with each other. LFP was the crucible for their relationship IMO, but it was probably because she was thinking a bit too much like Elizabeth (although given that she'd given the order not to intervene, that's open to interpretation)


                              Thoughts on Weir's non-rescue:

                              A failed rescue attempt would have been better than what happened, which gave the impression of "if she's out there, I'll find her. I'm not actually going to look for her though, coz, you know, that would be too obvious. Sure, I killed sixty-odd people last time i thought she was dead, but this time I'm just going through the motions. That's why i waited weeks to bring up the subject"

                              But to be honest, if they'd written it a bit better, i could have accepted it. What grated me was that the whole situation only made sense if you knew what was going on behind the scenes. For as much as they go on about wanting to secure the casual viewer, this indicated to me that they didn't really know how to write for him/her.

                              Falcon Horus - I'm trying to think back now as to the inspiration for that fic. Was it the series that went something like "thank you thank you thank you for taking the heat off of John and I. With the rumours going around about you two (Kate/Teyla), nobody is talking about us anymore"?

                              Or was it this one?

                              Spoiler:
                              Spoiler:



                              Sheppard: I just heard the news, Teyla. You know, about you and Kate. This is AWESOME! High 5?



                              Spoiler:



                              Teyla: *sigh* Oh all right, if you must
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                                Okay, I've only skimmed a few pages, so I'm pretty sure I've missed a lot of good stuff.

                                Thoughts on John/Teyla discussion:

                                Whilst I agree that the author's intent should be one's guide in terms of ship (and for the rest of the story!), that becomes a little murky in terms of a show suck as SGA. They have multiple writers, and sometimes scripts get re-worked. Judging what the author's intent is can be....contentious. That said, if they'd had a bit more of a plan (as in "hey guys, this is our chosen pairing, try to drop the odd hint into your scripts every now and then - not too much though, we don't want to beat people over the head with it") then there might have been as much viewer interpretation as their currently is.
                                Since I've got a case of insomnia I might as well respond to this issue when I didn't really have time to before. I don't think we should take authorial intent with the same weight in a TV show as opposed to a book. In a TV show you only know what you see as the final product. If you aren't involved in fandom (and yes, there are many people who are devoted watchers of shows and not involved in any online fandom. A friend of mine is a huge Bones fan and I'm always the one telling her the latest BS Hart Hanson is coming out with.)

                                With a novel you have 1 author who has control of the content and style of the book (outside of editing, of course). So their intent is clear in the pages. On a show there's actor interpretation, director interpretation, editor interpretation, music, etc. Now of course, in a well run series, all of that would be coordinated through the executive producers. So am I blaming the producers? Yes I am. I really think the show was only as successful as it was in SPITE of them, not BECAUSE of them. I've seen/read enough about other shows where the whole system works much, much differently than Stargate. Farscape, for instance, would listen to their actors and sometimes make changes. The directors would tell them how to play out a scene.

                                Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                                Thoughts on Weir's non-rescue:

                                A failed rescue attempt would have been better than what happened, which gave the impression of "if she's out there, I'll find her. I'm not actually going to look for her though, coz, you know, that would be too obvious. Sure, I killed sixty-odd people last time i thought she was dead, but this time I'm just going through the motions. That's why i waited weeks to bring up the subject"

                                But to be honest, if they'd written it a bit better, i could have accepted it. What grated me was that the whole situation only made sense if you knew what was going on behind the scenes. For as much as they go on about wanting to secure the casual viewer, this indicated to me that they didn't really know how to write for him/her.
                                Yes, exactly. They could have scrapped one of the crappy season 4 stories and inserted a failed rescue attempt. They wouldn't even need Torri for that, and could have included Amanda as the head military person in charge due to her experiences with the Milky Way Replicators. Just put that in between Lifeline and Reunion, and throw out... oh good grief, take your pick. I think it would have been a better transition between Torri and Amanda, actually, for that to have happened. And not the Reunion crap where Sam goes in the field but defers to John.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X