Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Michael was a renegade, sort of anyway.
    Indeed. Of course, toward the end, Michael was totally off his rocker with the whole mad scientist shtick. Todd's doing it without the melodramatic descent into insanity.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Coming in a bit late on this, but...

I think SR and FH have pretty much covered everything, but I'd like to say that I also LOVE
      Spoiler:
      the Todd-as-renegade and out to upset the apple cart of Wraith hierarchy idea. I think that fits in very well with his previous support of introducing the retrovirus to the Wraith. He's gotten used to working independently of the "normal" authority in Wraith society and doesn't seem to care so much about going against "the way things are done" if it's something that he thinks can ultimately benefit the Wraith (and himself).
      Well, the idea...

Spoiler:

...is to have Teyla set him up to be perceived this way, not to actually have him be this way at first. However, it becomes harder for him to assume authority within the Wraith, he'll opt to live up to the reputation as the season progresses to ensure he has the leadership he craves, until eventually he is what Teyla painted him as.

If we slow-burn the evolution, then we get some good drama for Todd, too, and make the decision for the Wraith to 'evolve' not necessarily an easy one.

This helps tons, guys. I'd hit a rut and talking it out has made me excited again.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        Well, the idea...

Spoiler:

...is to have Teyla set him up to be perceived this way, not to actually have him be this way at first. However, it becomes harder for him to assume authority within the Wraith, he'll opt to live up to the reputation as the season progresses to ensure he has the leadership he craves, until eventually he is what Teyla painted him as.

If we slow-burn the evolution, then we get some good drama for Todd, too, and make the decision for the Wraith to 'evolve' not necessarily an easy one.

This helps tons, guys. I'd hit a rut and talking it out has made me excited again.
        And may I just add that Teyla's
        Spoiler:
        huge role in SGARising is making her treatment by TPTB seems even more ridiculous. No wallpapering of characters for us.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Spoiler:
          huge role in SGARising is making her treatment by TPTB seems even more ridiculous. No wallpapering of characters for us.
          Teyla's story is going to rock!!

Oh, and as long as
          Spoiler:
          the Wraith aren't named sissy names like Queen Snow, I'm all for it!

This new message board stuff sucks. I had to manually type the spoilers tags.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            Well, the idea...

Spoiler:

Oh, absolutely!
            Spoiler:
            The fact that it ends up becoming a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy is what makes it even more delicious.

Spoiler:
            Amen to that! Everybody's going to get some quality time in the sunlight.
            Spoiler:
            And we don't have to do character lobotomies to do it.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Teyla's story is going to rock!!

Oh, and as long as
            Spoiler:
            the Wraith aren't named sissy names like Queen Snow, I'm all for it!

This new message board stuff sucks. I had to manually type the spoilers tags.
            Hah!
            Spoiler:
            Sissy names, indeed.

Yeah, what is with the spoiler tags being messed up? So annoying.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Eri, I like this idea very much. Here are my thoughts.

Spoiler:
              I always thought Wraith Queens were something like ant or bee queens. They aren't challenged by their Hive members, and they just are - I always had an impression there weren't as many female Wraith as male, and assumed it's a matter of Wraith biology (and always thought of them as part humanoid, part insect beings. The Queen brings to world all the children, and majority of those are male, and they're various types of Wraith Soldiers. Hmmmm, what if Todd learned how to increase number of Wraith females? Isn't her a scientist? Wouldn't that be a way of challenging the authority of Hive Queens (something that hasn't been done before?)
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Hah!
                Spoiler:
                Sissy names, indeed.

Yeah, what is with the spoiler tags being messed up? So annoying.
                Spoiler:
                Don't insult the sissy names! LOL!
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                  Eri, I like this idea very much. Here are my thoughts.

Spoiler:
                  I always thought Wraith Queens were something like ant or bee queens. They aren't challenged by their Hive members, and they just are - I always had an impression there weren't as many female Wraith as male, and assumed it's a matter of Wraith biology (and always thought of them as part humanoid, part insect beings. The Queen brings to world all the children, and majority of those are male, and they're various types of Wraith Soldiers. Hmmmm, what if Todd learned how to increase number of Wraith females? Isn't her a scientist? Wouldn't that be a way of challenging the authority of Hive Queens (something that hasn't been done before?)
                  Hmm...
                  Spoiler:
                  Todd creates his own customized Hive Queens that take orders from him. Now that's evil.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Don't insult the sissy names! LOL!
                  Spoiler:
                  Why, what are they going to do, take away my birthday? AHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Comment

The second chapter of Return to Pegasus pt. 2 is up on the website. Sort of. We are experiencing the same technical difficulties we did once before, so please bear with us. You will need to scroll down after chapter one to find it. Hopefully, all will be fixed before the next chapter goes up.

I made an executive decision that it's better to have the chapter up on the day it was expected than to wait until it could be done perfectly. So anyone who's unhappy with the appearance of the site can blame me. After all, you know what they say about the stopping buck or something.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

The second chapter of Return to Pegasus pt. 2 is up on the website. Sort of. We are experiencing the same technical difficulties we did once before, so please bear with us. You will need to scroll down after chapter one to find it. Hopefully, all will be fixed before the next chapter goes up.

I made an executive decision that it's better to have the chapter up on the day it was expected than to wait until it could be done perfectly. So anyone who's unhappy with the appearance of the site can blame me. After all, you know what they say about the stopping buck or something.
                      *salutes* Don't worry, we've got your back. Besides, you're the showrunner. You're supposed to make the tough decisions.

Comment

Thanks for putting the chapter up! I've been looking forward to it all day. I think you made the right decision. It was easy enough to scroll down, after all.

And poor Teyla! She's getting some emotional whumping! You can just imagine her thinking "oh come on, people!"

I watched Aurora this afternoon. Elizabeth was so cute in her scene with Ronon, all flustered.

Comment

so i think i'm going to keep my comments about return to pegasus part II until all of it posted just so i can read all of it through non stop and then give my two cents. but i am enjoying it.

Comment

*salutes* Don't worry, we've got your back. Besides, you're the showrunner. You're supposed to make the tough decisions.
                            And yet she still hasn't called us rodents or robots or ANYTHING!

I'm disappointed.

Comment

Thanks for putting the chapter up! I've been looking forward to it all day. I think you made the right decision. It was easy enough to scroll down, after all.

And poor Teyla! She's getting some emotional whumping! You can just imagine her thinking "oh come on, people!"
                              You think that was brutal? Just you wait. It's about to get a whole lot worse. Muahahaha.

I watched Aurora this afternoon. Elizabeth was so cute in her scene with Ronon, all flustered.
                              Heeheehee!

And yet she still hasn't called us rodents or robots or ANYTHING!

I'm disappointed.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              so i think i'm going to keep my comments about return to pegasus part II until all of it posted just so i can read all of it through non stop and then give my two cents. but i am enjoying it.
                              Good to hear you're enjoying it so far.

Comment

You think that was brutal? Just you wait. It's about to get a whole lot worse. Muahahaha.

Heeheehee!

Good to hear you're enjoying it so far.
                                i'm only enjoying it cause you guys make it so enjoyable.

Comment

Working...
                                X