Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    "FlanInfo" tweeted today recommending us and Joe's facebook group also posted about us. So the word is getting out.

I whumped him good, but I think there was more damage to his pride.
    Can you send me the link to Joe's facebook group?

BTW, between all those mentions you're up to 117 guests online.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Can you send me the link to Joe's facebook group?

BTW, between all those mentions you're up to 117 guests online.
      I'll try. Assuming this works: https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk...885495239&ap=1 If not, just go there and search on his name.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'll try. Assuming this works: https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk...885495239&ap=1 If not, just go there and search on his name.
        That worked. Thanks!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
          I think for the most part, the whumpers I hang around with just like a good story. We like a bit of trauma..yes we do, but as long as the characters are written well and the story is good ....Yay! Not sure how any hints of Shipping will go down with some of them though. Some don't want him shipped with ANYONE.
          I can attest to that....and Pocus....I didn't realize you were a Sparky fan too! The thunkers don't want him shipped with anyone as well. I think one time I said he belongs with Elizabeth, and they were like NO! JOHN BELONGS TO ME ! Doesn't everyone want Johnny?

We eventually had to "clone" him so everyone could have their own shep
          BALCONIES
          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
            I can attest to that....and Pocus....I didn't realize you were a Sparky fan too! The thunkers don't want him shipped with anyone as well. I think one time I said he belongs with Elizabeth, and they were like NO! JOHN BELONGS TO ME ! Doesn't everyone want Johnny?

We eventually had to "clone" him so everyone could have their own shep
            Yup a Sparky from WAYYYYYYY back. I just don't post here often. I do keep up with the goings on though.

Yeah there are some that don't want him shipped with anyone at all and some that want him shipped with someone else besides Elizabeth. That is why we started early on keeping ship out of the thunk thread. It is neutral ground for Shep yumminess. I will come here for my Sparky goodness.
            sigpic

Comment

The Q & A should be interesting. I wonder how much we can auction the meet and greets off for?
              Who doesn't want a meet & greet with one of the fluffiest creatures alive?

There has been some teasing on Twitter tonight making my iPad beep at me while I was trying to watch Harry Potter & the Deathly Hollows or whatever it's called about insulting the fans. It was suggested instead of lemmings we must call them rodents. I prefer "mind-numbed robots" but I'm waiting for the perfect time to use it. All the fans so far have been just great. They love us on the website especially.
              Yeah, Lemmings is no longer an insult...

Oh... and as an afterthought.... I ship John too... with Kate.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yup a Sparky from WAYYYYYYY back. I just don't post here often. I do keep up with the goings on though.

Yeah there are some that don't want him shipped with anyone at all and some that want him shipped with someone else besides Elizabeth. That is why we started early on keeping ship out of the thunk thread. It is neutral ground for Shep yumminess. I will come here for my Sparky goodness.
                Well I feel better that in the thunk thread theres another shipper among us
                BALCONIES
                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Who doesn't want a meet & greet with one of the fluffiest creatures alive?

Yeah, Lemmings is no longer an insult...

Oh... and as an afterthought.... I ship John too... with Kate.
                  So true! I'm very proud to be a lemming. Falcon made this for me. I still haven't put it into a sig yet, cause I'm being lazy (and Photoshop scares me). But I'm using the smaller one on my profile page.

JT2.jpg

Comment

242 on SGA Rising. WOW!!!
                    sigpic
                    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Meh multiquotes I HATES THEM. Pocus, so glad you liked it.

I can't multiquote anyone, apparently. I'm stoked on the response for SGA:R; I even got around the to thread for it today. :amazed:

I managed to beta something AND work on some chapters for Trust, before I have to go back into TRW and allow others to commandeer my time. But yay for the response! :3
                      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Just saw a mention of you guys on Stargate Movie Campaign on Facebook
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                          242 on SGA Rising. WOW!!!
                          Holy smokes! It's at 100 right now, but then, the day is still young.

I'm not on Facebook so I can't log in to see the page, but WOW! Does this mean we're starting to go viral?
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Wow, that's great. Thanks to all those out there who are helping spread the word.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Holy smokes! It's at 100 right now, but then, the day is still young.

I'm not on Facebook so I can't log in to see the page, but WOW! Does this mean we're starting to go viral?
                              *snort* The next thing you know, we'll be trending. LOL
                              sigpic

Comment

Hello all! I'm back from my mini vacation, and I'm so HAPPY to see we're being mentioned at so many places! WOOT! Thumbs up for good work and let's keep kickin'!

I have some news regarding my episode, and a few questions. Now when I'm working on it in earnest I started to think of a B- plot line and a common theme for the entire episode emerged organically. I'll be looking into choices and regrets of various characters, not just Teyla's; and contrast their respective experiences. Introspection is what I'm good with, and I think, the way things are starting to shape up, other writers will be able to tie in some things mentioned in BoD in later episodes (I will too, in my second ep, "Gravity").
                                Spoiler:

Anyway. My first question is the status of John and Mayel's relationship in time of BoD. Bod is in #7 slot and I need to know what is John/Mayel status. Also, I need to know if John and Rodney had a conversation about what Rodney did in Adrift with Elizabeth's nanites, and do we consider this issue dealt with? I reference Rodney's actions in a scene near the end of the episode, and I need to know this to get the emotional tone of John and Rodney conversation correct.

Now the news. my subplot idea for the episode is this, and I need you guys to okay this for me. I would really LOVE to do this and it would add so much to the entire episode -- with Elizabeth's birthday approaching the expedition, especially original members and people whow ere closest to Elizabeth want to celebrate this day, have a proper commemoration for her/something. It wasn't done since she was gone, and it's Teyla's idea to mark it somehow, so everyone who knew her could celebrate her, everything she has done for the expedition and them, and also, make peace with themselves and their loss. This is something that John and Rodney are finding difficult to deal with, and their reactions are different although their reasons are similar. This subplot allows me to introduce a theme for entire episode - dealing with regrets in one's life. I'm planning to allow Rodney to find some peace at the end of BoD, something Teyla and Kanaan will help him with, but John, on the other hand, will ahve tod eal with this issue in Gravity, which is set after Eliazbeth's return.

After Teyla's incident with mysterios Ancient device, which has her trapped in a stasis pod, all main characters are working hard on discovering what the device is supposed to do. I expect I'll need some help with technobabble. I also forsee rewatching "Back to the future" very soon, as I plan to reference that movie, and possibly, Doctor Who (shoot me. I can't resist, it just all fits too well). While they're all working, Rodney and John will have to deal with their struggles, especially when Jennifer and Carson discover parallels between what's happening to Teyla's body in mind and Carson's findings in TRW, when Elizabeth was trapped by the nanites. Yes, I am planning to push John's and Rodney's buttons with this. Poor boys.

The Box, or Pandora's Box - the device Teyla is trapped in is a different kind of time travel device - it allows a person to time travel with their mind and change the past based on subconscious, regrets, wishes and what - ifs. When person enters the device, it performs a full scan, and then a "guidance software" comes online (in Teyla's case it looks like Kate Heightmeyer - the device chooses the appereance based on participant's subconscious, or rather, this is a subconscious choice of the person trapped inside) and accompanies the person through the experience of time travel. It works like you-find-yourself-living-a-certain-scenario (for Dr Who fans, think Amy's Choice in Season 5). The person inside the box doesn't have to physically change something, but the device creates the change and the pariticipant has to adapt and live inside that scenario. teyla is going to find that difficult. I have several ideas about her scenarios - one of them involves her father surviving Wraith culling, and in order to survive it he had to run away fron his people with Teyla who was still a child. They live with some other race in Pegasus, perhaps the Genii? and Teyla has to deal with being a second - class citizen, havign a very sick father who can't forgive hismelf and being separated from her people and her culture.

The Box of Dreams is supposed to lead people quickly to their desired changed lives - yet with teyla it's different because she's Athosian, and brought up to accept hardships in life as they come. Kanaan shoudl mention several times through the episode that Athosians don't believe in regrets, and that they're raised and taught to live their lives to its fullest, because they rarely get to live by old age. life is precious, and every day, every experience is precious and they tend to treat it that way. Teyla is definitely someone who lives by this "code", and while she does have regrets, she doesn't dwelve on them like earth humans usually do. At the end this very fact helps Teyla make her final decision (choice) and ends her journey. We know the outcome, we get Kate Heightmeyer back. I plan to deal with that choice in Who-ish way (emotional aspect, not technological one).

Anyway, those are my thoughts and plans so far. Any help and/or comments are greatly appreciated. Please let me know if these ideas fit into other story arcs and plans.)
                                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X