Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    It's best to not even get into Reunion. I hate that episode with the hatred of a thousand burning suns.

ETA - that metaphor doesn't even make sense. That's how much I hate it - it makes me illogical.
    All you have to do is replace hatred with fire and it'll make sense.
    sigpic
    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      All you have to do is replace hatred with fire and it'll make sense.

Yeah, that's what I meant! Thanks!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        ah who knows. maybe it was a way for us viewers to know why she was really chosen as expedition leader. truthfully, what they should've down to introduce sam as expedition leader was for the IOA to tell elizabeth that due to her having the nanites in her that she was considered a liability and have her replaced with Colonel Carter but due to elizabeth's experience with the city and the pegasus replicators, you kept her part of the atlantis crew but in a reduced capacity. do i make sense?
        That makes perfect sense and would have made accepting Sam as leader a lot easier.

ShipperWriter, I forgot to mention that I adore the new sig. That's one of my favorite pics of John. Oh, and great vid. I love that song.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Multi-quote can't decide if it wants to work or not. For cryin' out loud ...

FH -- sorry! Well, I guess that's one point that we'll agree that we disagree on. I have a tendancy to latch on to any ships that I like -- including McKeller -- ergo, Shipper. I won't bring it up in any future discussions!

LtColSheppard -- I think that would've been the best way to do it, but as we all know, it came down to politics and the like.

Actually, I wrote a fic that had that plot line in it. It's also a little musically inspired, and does have Sam/Jack in it (beware) but if you want to read it, it's called "Something to Talk About". Keep in mind, it was the first Sparky fic I posted, back in October 2008.

SR -- thanks, Auntie!!! I completely love that picture. I don't know how long it took me to edit him out of it and get him by himself!

Cool hint for anybody that wants to make sigs and such: if you download the Stargate fonts, from thescifiworld.com, and install them in your computer, you can use them in Paint if you're editing pictures, and the background can be transparent so it looks like you used PhotoShop.

For those of us that can't afford it, it's a good shortcut!!!

Okay, back to ... whatever I was doing ...

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            ROFL! Kindred spirits, yes, but considering we're both girls, I'm gonna nix the boy/girl comparisons. LOL
            *Pops up from her Hotch/JJ and AU!SGA Big Bang Stories* Kindered spirits it is.*Salutes*
            BALCONIES
            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
              *Pops up from her Hotch/JJ and AU!SGA Big Bang Stories* Kindered spirits it is.*Salutes*
              *nods*

Well, I wrote some more fic tonight, but it is time for me to hit the sack and get some sleep. See y'all in the morning!!!

Comment

Athosians update:

Spoiler:
                So as of right now I think I'll have the Athosians move "permanently" to the new planet the Coalition found for them, and be recommencing their standard tent habitation, although maybe with some new security/camouflage measures put in place. And maybe they can still be keeping a team scouting on the other planet, if those writing before me think that is necessary to the overall flavor of the stories.

While part of me would like them to go back to New Athos, I just don't know if the Athosians would ever feel really comfortable there again, and I suppose they still can't go back to original Athos because of the Wraith (which is just as well b/c I don't want to have to deal with that short day/long night thing for my story). And I suppose this decision leads to the question of what they're going to call their new home. While I can see John joking around with it, I don't really see the Athosians as the "new new" type of people. So would they just make the new planet New Athos too, or call it something completely different?

This good with everybody?
                sigpic
                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Athosians update:

Spoiler:
                  So as of right now I think I'll have the Athosians move "permanently" to the new planet the Coalition found for them, and be recommencing their standard tent habitation, although maybe with some new security/camouflage measures put in place. And maybe they can still be keeping a team scouting on the other planet, if those writing before me think that is necessary to the overall flavor of the stories.

While part of me would like them to go back to New Athos, I just don't know if the Athosians would ever feel really comfortable there again, and I suppose they still can't go back to original Athos because of the Wraith (which is just as well b/c I don't want to have to deal with that short day/long night thing for my story). And I suppose this decision leads to the question of what they're going to call their new home. While I can see John joking around with it, I don't really see the Athosians as the "new new" type of people. So would they just make the new planet New Athos too, or call it something completely different?

Im good, I'm just excited for a certain HBIC to come back.
                  BALCONIES
                  sigpic

Comment

Athosians update:

Spoiler:

I'm okay with the name Athos, or New Ahos - you can always have one of them - Halling perhaps, or Kanaan, or Teyla - tell John, or someone else that they always keep this name, and that's how they keep a sense of stability, home, belonging....
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Athosians update:

Spoiler:

Sounds just fine to me.

BTW,
                      Spoiler:
                      I totally cracked up at the bit about John joking around with it and the Athosians not being the "new new" type of people, because I've actually got a line in Act 2 of RtP2, in which John puts his foot down that they are not naming the planet that they've landed Atlantis on "New New Lantea."

Great minds think alike!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Athosians update:

Spoiler:

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Sounds just fine to me.

BTW,
                        Spoiler:
                        I totally cracked up at the bit about John joking around with it and the Athosians not being the "new new" type of people, because I've actually got a line in Act 2 of RtP2, in which John puts his foot down that they are not naming the planet that they've landed Atlantis on "New New Lantea."

Great minds think alike!
                        And great great minds think even more alike. I was thinking the same thing.
                        Spoiler:
                        I just read the first part of RTP pt. 2 and loved that little bit. John is so proprietary about naming things. LOL Since TBaF is a one off, there's not much mention of the Athosians or anything that's going on in the main arc. So you're safe to take off in any direction with them. If you PM me an email, I will send you an advance copy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning!

So today, I still have to do laundry, clean the kitchen and bathroom, clean and vacumn, and so on and so forth.

Luckily for me, my little sister is off work today. Mwahahaha!

I'll be around!

(((Anuna)))

Good to see you! How's life treating you?

Comment

Hello ladies enjoying this lovely Friday outside wihh the pug and a drink anyway last night I heard someone say Sparky on tv and started laughing it's so hard to take life seriously in the fandomworld
                            BALCONIES
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Hope everyone's enjoying the day... Me, I'm to busy to enjoy the pretteh. Must do something to fix that.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Hope everyone's enjoying the day... Me, I'm to busy to enjoy the pretteh. Must do something to fix that.
                                It's too hot here to enjoy much unless you can do it sitting really still. I've done everything on my list, so it's all good.

We've had some great comments on the Writers' Blog on the SGARising site. Look at me replying to comments like a real writer. We haz fans, boys and girls.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X