Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Yep, that's the one! Squee! They're so adorable!
    Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    LOL @ the drawing - CUTE!
    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Sweet!!! That's so cute!!

I think turning them all into kids would be adorable. The TNG show had them retain their adult selves, but I think turning them into kids mentally would be way more fun.
    Thanks!

On other notes:

One of the artists that contacted me on dA about doing some SGA Rising art sent me a question: Where do I submit work when it is finished, here on deviantART? Or elsewhere?

Thoughts?
    Spoiler:
    Should it just be posted there and then I can link whoever's in charge of posting to it so they can download? Or should it be posted there and I can download it and email it to whoever? Or should I just tell them to send it to the SGA Rising email themselves? *had actually forgotten we had that*

They also mentioned the following suggestion for the website:
    Spoiler:
    And finally I have a suggestion for the actual SGA Rising website, just something I've noticed. But perhaps when a new chapter goes up, there should be a date listed besides that chapter? I see that updates get posted on twitter, but what about under the episode list itself, until the entire episode is completed? Or something along those lines?

I'm guessing they're talking about putting some kind of alert/notice on the main page/episode list when new chapters go up.
    sigpic
    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Sorry for the double post, but I ran into some more questions while working on First Year.

Spoiler:
      1) From SR's description of TBAF, it sounded like Mayel was on Atlantis. Is she staying there for an extended period of time/living there, or was that just a short visit? I couldn't find any mention of it on the comm.

2) Would it be conceivable for the team to be allowed off-world without their uniforms? Because technically this is a social call, not a mission, but I'm not entirely sure of the protocol on that. At the moment I have the no-uniforms thing be one of the offers that makes Halling agree to letting them have the stunners.
      sigpic

Comment

I iz ded -> <- need sleep ->

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        Dangerous things to say to a man. Oh, wait, you weren't talking to me

Okay, but you should probably draw straws or something for who is going to start up a Blog of Doom...
        Yay, we have our very own PTB - doesn't that make you feel all special now?

But be sure to mention it when it is started - some of us only check in every now and then, so are likely to miss it
        I'll send you a PM to be sure - but in all likelihood it'll be up on wednesday evening.

Mmm... yeah I felt like a smiley-reply... and one more for good measure...

[insert evil laughter fading out]
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Finally. I can multi-quote again. Order has been restored to the thread.

So I can go back and comment on everybody's posts!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          I iz ded -> http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...edicNureek.gif <- need sleep -> http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...er/yawnzp6.gif

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...ltimaTrout.gif

Yay, we have our very own PTB - doesn't that make you feel all special now?

I'll send you a PM to be sure - but in all likelihood it'll be up on wednesday evening. http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...r/000dddyg.gif

Mmm... yeah I felt like a smiley-reply... and one more for good measure...

[insert evil laughter fading out]
          Holy trout flinging smilies, Batman! LOL That made me smile.

Note to mod: I took off all the [img] tags. I'm a good little shipper. I learned my lesson.

I'm reminded of this scene:

Spoiler:

I'm all yours. Put me to work, colonel.
          (thinking) Do they not see us standing here with them? I don't want to know about the weird power struggle kinks they've got going on.
          Ok, let's split into groups. Elizabeth, you're with me or I'm with you. However you want to put it.
          (thinking) Yeah, they're going to get a lot of "exploring" done.
          (wraith queen thinking) Damn, I was hoping to whump the pretty boy. Oh well, the big guy will be more of a challenge.
          ROFLing!!! Awesome!!!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          Hey all! I have to confess I'm mentally exhausted at the moment, so I'm sorry I can't be participating in all the fun discussioin of the publication of RTP I. It's sorta sad that I'm not over the moon excited about all the great response when I'm the one that wrote this one. =\

However--I need to do something fun in my life, so if we start a thread for Rising, I'll gladly jump in and answer questions if they're asked. Or, you can ask me here. Most of the large decisions were decided by the group, but individual scenes I don't mind answering about. I want to join in. @_@
          (((Eri)))

Dear, you must be exhausted! But kudos on all your hard work! It has definitely been worth it, judging by the hits on the SGARising site! At the moment, there are 90 guests online, and there have been 9,724 hits. WAY TO GO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
            Thanks!

On other notes:

One of the artists that contacted me on dA about doing some SGA Rising art sent me a question: Where do I submit work when it is finished, here on deviantART? Or elsewhere?

Thoughts?
            Spoiler:
            Should it just be posted there and then I can link whoever's in charge of posting to it so they can download? Or should it be posted there and I can download it and email it to whoever? Or should I just tell them to send it to the SGA Rising email themselves? *had actually forgotten we had that*
            Kris is in charge of getting the art up on the site. But, before anything is posted, I would like to see it. Why don't you have them post it on deviantART first and then you can link us to it here? If we think it would fit on the website, you can then email it to the sgarising email. I want to be sure anything on the site fits with the episode and doesn't reveal spoilers.

They also mentioned the following suggestion for the website:
            Spoiler:
            And finally I have a suggestion for the actual SGA Rising website, just something I've noticed. But perhaps when a new chapter goes up, there should be a date listed besides that chapter? I see that updates get posted on twitter, but what about under the episode list itself, until the entire episode is completed? Or something along those lines?

I'm guessing they're talking about putting some kind of alert/notice on the main page/episode list when new chapters go up.
            I'm not sure what kind of date they mean. I'm reluctant to post a date for the next chapter in case we run into the kind of technical difficulties we did this week. Plus, Kris is in Belgium and a lot of us are all over the world. The times vary widely. We plan on having the chapters go up every other day and a week break between episodes. Maybe we can put a date on the last chapter when they can expect the next episode. I'll email Kris these suggestions.

Sorry for the double post, but I ran into some more questions while working on First Year.

Spoiler:
            1) From SR's description of TBAF, it sounded like Mayel was on Atlantis. Is she staying there for an extended period of time/living there, or was that just a short visit? I couldn't find any mention of it on the comm.

2) Would it be conceivable for the team to be allowed off-world without their uniforms? Because technically this is a social call, not a mission, but I'm not entirely sure of the protocol on that. At the moment I have the no-uniforms thing be one of the offers that makes Halling agree to letting them have the stunners.
            Hmm, now that is a good question.
            Spoiler:
            I looked through all our discussions and it seems we just assume Mayel is living on Atlantis. Or maybe we discussed it and I missed it. We need a good reason for her sticking around. I haven't read RTP Pt. 2 yet, so this seems to be a question for SK.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Spoiler:
              Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Spoiler:
              I looked through all our discussions and it seems we just assume Mayel is living on Atlantis. Or maybe we discussed it and I missed it. We need a good reason for her sticking around. I haven't read RTP Pt. 2 yet, so this seems to be a question for SK.
              The Kitteh has come to the rescue!

Spoiler:
              I'm actually going to have Mayel leaving Atlantis at the end of RtP2, to return to the Genii homeworld and report in person to Ladon. (It's around this time that Ladon will basically give Mayel her marching orders to keep an eye on the ongoing research and development of the Wraith retrovirus/Hoffan Plague, leading to her eventually stealing the upgraded retrovirus for the Genii/Coalition around Episode 9. Again, on Ladon's orders.)

As to Mayel sticking around Atlantis, I've been assuming that she would be sort of commuting back and forth between Atlantis and the Genii homeworld as circumstances require. She is basically the Genii representative to the Coalition and Atlantis, so it's certainly conceivable that she'd be showing up every once in a while. I could even see temporary quarters being held for her for 'overnight stays.' Heheheh...

Spoiler:
              Spoiler:
              I think it's definitely possible. As you said, it's an off-duty social gathering, not an official mission. It is technically off-world, so I would guess that SGC/IOA would prefer for them to be in uniform, but... What happens in Atlantis, stays in Atlantis. Or something like that.

Kris is in charge of getting the art up on the site. But, before anything is posted, I would like to see it. Why don't you have them post it on deviantART first and then you can link us to it here? If we think it would fit on the website, you can then email it to the sgarising email. I want to be sure anything on the site fits with the episode and doesn't reveal spoilers.
              Agreed with all of that. We should have a vetting process, just to make sure that the art meets the same standards of quality that we're setting for the writing itself. I don't necessarily mind artwork that has spoilers, but any spoiler-laden art should certainly be posted behind a link with plenty of warnings for those who don't want to spoiled.

I'm not sure what kind of date they mean. I'm reluctant to post a date for the next chapter in case we run into the kind of technical difficulties we did this week. Plus, Kris is in Belgium and a lot of us are all over the world. The times vary widely. We plan on having the chapters go up every other day and a week break between episodes. Maybe we can put a date on the last chapter when they can expect the next episode. I'll email Kris these suggestions.
              I thought it was asking to add a "posted on" note, so that readers would know when each chapter was actually put up on the site. Could be wrong, though.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Agreed with all of that. We should have a vetting process, just to make sure that the art meets the same standards of quality that we're setting for the writing itself. I don't necessarily mind artwork that has spoilers, but any spoiler-laden art should certainly be posted behind a link with plenty of warnings for those who don't want to spoiled.
                Alrighty. I'll pass along the necessary info to the artist.

I thought it was asking to add a "posted on" note, so that readers would know when each chapter was actually put up on the site. Could be wrong, though.
                Yeah... I was a little confused on exactly what was meant myself, but I figured I should pass it along - feedback from our fans being important and all. I can ask for clarification if you like.

I do think there should be some kind of alert/notice box on the main page, so people who just check the website can know about the new chapter - although I suppose the twitter feed on the side kind of serves that purpose. People might like being able to sign up for email alerts too for new chapters. Just some thoughts. I know nothing about running websites. I did like the new addition of the chapter links at the top of each episode; it was very helpful.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                I'm actually going to have Mayel leaving Atlantis at the end of RtP2, to return to the Genii homeworld and report in person to Ladon. (It's around this time that Ladon will basically give Mayel her marching orders to keep an eye on the ongoing research and development of the Wraith retrovirus/Hoffan Plague, leading to her eventually stealing the upgraded retrovirus for the Genii/Coalition around Episode 9. Again, on Ladon's orders.)

As to Mayel sticking around Atlantis, I've been assuming that she would be sort of commuting back and forth between Atlantis and the Genii homeworld as circumstances require. She is basically the Genii representative to the Coalition and Atlantis, so it's certainly conceivable that she'd be showing up every once in a while. I could even see temporary quarters being held for her for 'overnight stays.' Heheheh...
                Okay. So basically
                Spoiler:
                she's not there permanently, but if she needs to make a small cameo appearance then it wouldn't be out of place. Good, since I was thinking a small appearance as the crew are getting ready to leave Atlantis would satisfy the need for a mention/mild relationship hinting.
                And I can see her perhaps visiting Atlantis a lot more frequently than would be strictly necessary for her job.

Spoiler:
                I think it's definitely possible. As you said, it's an off-duty social gathering, not an official mission. It is technically off-world, so I would guess that SGC/IOA would prefer for them to be in uniform, but... What happens in Atlantis, stays in Atlantis. Or something like that.
                Ah. Excellent.

Also,

Spoiler:
                during my last round of questions, Eri mentioned that you would be the one to know about the dwelling status of the Athosians. Are they all living in their tents on the new coalition planet like they did before, or are the guerrilla-hiding-in-caves-from-the-Wraith still going on after Atlantis's return?
                sigpic

Comment

Okay. So basically
                  Spoiler:
                  she's not there permanently, but if she needs to make a small cameo appearance then it wouldn't be out of place. Good, since I was thinking a small appearance as the crew are getting ready to leave Atlantis would satisfy the need for a mention/mild relationship hinting.
                  And I can see her perhaps visiting Atlantis a lot more frequently than would be strictly necessary for her job.
                  Yep, that's basically it. So you're good to go.

Ah. Excellent.

Also,

Spoiler:
                  during my last round of questions, Eri mentioned that you would be the one to know about the dwelling status of the Athosians. Are they all living in their tents on the new coalition planet like they did before, or are the guerrilla-hiding-in-caves-from-the-Wraith still going on after Atlantis's return?
                  Spoiler:
                  Kind of a bit of both. I'm leaving their living arrangements in flux at the end of RtP2, which I think is understandable when you consider that their relationship with Teyla and Atlantis is also still very much in flux at the end of that episode. At that point, they're still on the planet that the Coalition moved them to, doing the 'hiding in caves/under logs/sleeping in trees' bit and moving around frequently (like every couple of days) to keep anyone from finding them. After the rescue of the kidnapped Athosians in the next episode, Trust, it's easier for me to picture all of them hesitantly moving back to their usual 'living in tents out in the open' practice, but I think I'll leave it to you and Eri to decide whether they're going to stay on the planet the Coalition picked for them or move back to New Athos in time for First Year, as I have no preference on that issue.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

too bad you guys couldn't do like some foreshadowing of elizabeth's return. though that would be similar to what Dr. Who did in Season four with those little cameos of Billie Piper returning as rose.

Comment

Hey all! Just thought I'd drop in my quick two cents to Erin's questions and say hi.

Spoiler:

On Mayel: SK And SR have answered pretty much everything, but I'm in accord with them--Mayel isn't stationed on Atlantis but she's visiting there pretty frequently for her job, so seeing her more often wouldn't be weird from the standpoint of those who might not pick up, early on, her and John's involvement. In Trust, I have her showing up as a part of a Coalition party who are starting negotiations with Atlantis on Atlantis's role, and everytime she's there the excuse is she's representing the Genii on Coalition business.

On the Athosians: Honestly, I think it's really up to you, though I'll be sure to keep you super updated when I write the ending sequences. As far as Trust is concerned, it'll pick up wherever Kitty leaves them at the end of RTP II and by the end of Trust, they'll have been rescued by not 'established.'

If you want to pick a place, then I'll write that in during a Part V summation at the end, as in 'the Athosians, after reunited, went to blah blah blah and lived here' that way we can be on the same page to start. But I honestly don't have a preference either--I say you make the call, since so much of your story focuses on Athosian culture and mine is much more just getting them back.
                      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Good to know. I'll make a reference in TBaF explaining why Mayel is in the city.

I forgot to reply about the uniforms yesterday. I agree. There's no reason they have to wear the uniforms to the Athosian party. It's an off duty activity. Not everybody can go, of course. There has to be a core group left behind to mind the city.

Alrighty. I'll pass along the necessary info to the artist.

Yeah... I was a little confused on exactly what was meant myself, but I figured I should pass it along - feedback from our fans being important and all. I can ask for clarification if you like.

I do think there should be some kind of alert/notice box on the main page, so people who just check the website can know about the new chapter - although I suppose the twitter feed on the side kind of serves that purpose. People might like being able to sign up for email alerts too for new chapters. Just some thoughts. I know nothing about running websites. I did like the new addition of the chapter links at the top of each episode; it was very helpful.

Okay. So basically
                        Spoiler:

Ah. Excellent.

Also,

Spoiler:
                        I think if people check the site and click on the episode title and see that a new chapter has been posted, that is alert enough. The site looks simple and easy but it is anything but. Our webmaster Kris has done an outstanding job, and I know from experience that a tremendous amount of work went into it. Posting a new chapter involves a certain amount of formatting and tinkering to make sure everything is correct. She has a full time job and does this in her spare time so I don't want to add any new duties. Once we get the discussion thread up and going, I'll make sure to announce when a new chapter/ep will be up.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        too bad you guys couldn't do like some foreshadowing of elizabeth's return. though that would be similar to what Dr. Who did in Season four with those little cameos of Billie Piper returning as rose.
                        Foreshadowing, by definition, must be subtle. If you read carefully, there will be foreshadowing galore all through the episodes. RTP already has lots of references to her. We're hoping to surprise a few people, but I think most already know. Especially if they've been here. LOL
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning everyone!

Eri - you did an absolutely wonderful job on the episode. I've read the whole thing and it was brilliant! I could see it all happening in my head. In fact, there was one part where Rodney says something like "Thank you, Captain Obvious!" and DH's voice in my head was SO clear. And you even make me like Keller, which is an amazing feat. You're a fabulous writer! Thank you so much!!

Foreshadowing, by definition, must be subtle. If you read carefully, there will be foreshadowing galore all through the episodes. RTP already has lots of references to her. We're hoping to surprise a few people, but I think most already know. Especially if they've been here. LOL
                          As for alerting people about the next episode date, I was thinking you could just add an entry to the writer's blog saying "thanks for reading, episode 2 will most likely be added on ... Please watch on Twitter". I would think adding a blog entry is easier than trying to update the site but I could be wrong on that. As a programmer myself, I know that what seems easy on screen is actually never that simple.

As for foreshadowing, I thought there were lots of subtle hints. I really liked that! The whole conversation with Mayel where she is talking about how Ladon placed his faith in her when he had no reason to, and the parallel to that with John and Elizabeth - brilliant!!!!

Comment

Good morning everyone!

Eri - you did an absolutely wonderful job on the episode. I've read the whole thing and it was brilliant! I could see it all happening in my head. In fact, there was one part where Rodney says something like "Thank you, Captain Obvious!" and DH's voice in my head was SO clear. And you even make me like Keller, which is an amazing feat. You're a fabulous writer! Thank you so much!!

As for alerting people about the next episode date, I was thinking you could just add an entry to the writer's blog saying "thanks for reading, episode 2 will most likely be added on ... Please watch on Twitter". I would think adding a blog entry is easier than trying to update the site but I could be wrong on that. As a programmer myself, I know that what seems easy on screen is actually never that simple.

As for foreshadowing, I thought there were lots of subtle hints. I really liked that! The whole conversation with Mayel where she is talking about how Ladon placed his faith in her when he had no reason to, and the parallel to that with John and Elizabeth - brilliant!!!!
                            Writers Blog. Duh. Thanks for reminding me. I've been addled all week. I'll do that later. Designing and maintaining a website is a lot like ice skating. It looks easy until you get out on the ice, turn your ankle the wrong way and break a leg resulting in a pile up of 10 people and a call to the EMTs.

Just think of SGARising like a duck on the water. Calm and cool on the surface, but paddling like crazy underneath. Enough bad analogies. Back later.
                            sigpic

Comment

School is out, the staff work days are done, and I am a free woman for the summer!

WAHOO!!!

Now back to my Chicken Pad Thai.

Comment

Writers Blog. Duh. Thanks for reminding me. I've been addled all week. I'll do that later. Designing and maintaining a website is a lot like ice skating. It looks easy until you get out on the ice, turn your ankle the wrong way and break a leg resulting in a pile up of 10 people and a call to the EMTs.

Just think of SGARising like a duck on the water. Calm and cool on the surface, but paddling like crazy underneath. Enough bad analogies. Back later.
                                Oh, SR, you are too funny!!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                                School is out, the staff work days are done, and I am a free woman for the summer!

WAHOO!!!

Now back to my Chicken Pad Thai.
                                *is jealous* BUT happy for you!

Comment

Working...
                                X