Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday! Gee, where is everybody? Off reading Sparky smut, I guess.
    SMUTTY TUESDAY, The Lady's favorite day....hummm what smutty position shall I put Sparky in now? John left bound in the storage closet waiting for Elizabeth to finish her diplomatic duties......ohhhhh......*goes to write*
    BALCONIES
    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
    sigpic

Comment

Hello fellow Sparkies! *waves to all*

I'm done with all my exams and am free for the summer!!! Hallelujah! Now I can get to work on my S6 ep! Speaking of that, I think I finished the teaser scene a while back - I'll post it later on today so I can see if I'm going in the right direction.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      I'm posting this for 'Nuna cuz she requested it. Be forewarned, it has Mayel/John--only slight, but it's definitely there. Some Kanaan, too.

Spoiler:

John shifted his P-90 a bit, readjusting to the feel of the weapon. He’d already done this routinely a couple of times, but it still felt unusual after so many months of being stagnant on Earth.

Kanaan entered the gateroom from one of the lower passageways, a handmade sack slung across his shoulder, and offered John a small smile. He reminded John a lot of ways of a young marine, taking on immeasurable responsibility for the first time—all the parts and pieces were there but the machine hadn’t quite come together yet.

<snip for space>
      Eee, great snippet, Eri!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      SHIZZUS! This is fan-tas-tic, I LOVE IT!

Spoiler:
      I love the small, subtle but definitely there John/Mayel hint. You justs ee how much he needs to be loved (back). (Well I see, i am probably the most John-biased person on this thread, next to SR. He's been through so much bad stuff, he needs something nice for a change. But we know what's gonna happen - so we'll have to mend him (and Elizabeth once she's back), and when we do that, we can write most epic spatky getting together in season 7 there is on this planet! YAYAYAYAYAAAAAA!
      Spoiler:
      And I CAN'T WAITTT!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      I am so proud and thankful that you guys know how Croatian flag looks like. I am even more happy and thankful that you care.

Now, about the BoD -

Spoiler:

In the meantime I am doing a little research on pandora - just an initial reading, nothing too detailed, because I'm sleepy. It's interesting how this story (I assume you all know it?) was used as a pholosopical starting point for a question - why is there evil in the world? I thiiiiink I can play with that idea in this fic. You know how the road to hell is paved with good intentions? I think this kind of plot is well suited to explore that idea.

Also, there is still the question on why the hope remained in the box? I am so looking forward to work on this!
      Spoiler:
      I think it will be awesome to work the Pandora legend into the episode! And I like the idea of Pandora being an actual Ancient who fell victim to the machine - maybe she was Janus's partner or significant other (since this was before he met Lizzie and started crushing on her ). Anyway... can't wait to see what you come up with.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Drabble fic, if anyone's interested:
      Spoiler:
      Elizabeth glared at the accumulating pile of garbage inside her quarters as the door closed, letting a heavy sigh escape her. She had been specifically promised that her room would be spotless by the time she got back from the briefing with SGA-3.

Apparently, John Sheppard was not keeping his word today.

"John, are you here?" she called out, glancing around the bedroom, the bathroom, trying to determine his location.

"In here!"

She followed the voice to a doorway, leading into a smaller room off of her living space. As she predicted, John was laying sideways on the floor, holding a wrench in one hand and bracing himself with the other. "Hey 'Lizabeth," he greeted without looking up.

Closing her eyes, Elizabeth dropped her head. "What are you doing?" she asked, crossing his arms.

"I promised I would have this done and cleaned for you today," he replied, pushing himself away from the newly assembled furniture, sitting on the floor for a moment. He glanced up at her, puppy eyes taking over. "Doesn't it look good?"

She opened her eyes again, making contact with his. "It looks great. But you promised that all of the boxes would be gone by the time I came back."

John sighed, standing up and wiping his hands on his jeans. "Sorry, it took me a little longer than expected. Believe it or not," he told her with a smirk, "this is my first time putting a crib together."

She smiled back at him as he walked up to her, planting a kiss on her forehead as their hands met atop her pregnant belly.

And now back to work! SEE YA!!!
      Aww, that was sooo cute!!!
      sigpic
      Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post

I'm done with all my exams and am free for the summer!!! Hallelujah! Now I can get to work on my S6 ep! Speaking of that, I think I finished the teaser scene a while back - I'll post it later on today so I can see if I'm going in the right direction.

Eee, great snippet, Eri!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
        I think it will be awesome to work the Pandora legend into the episode! And I like the idea of Pandora being an actual Ancient who fell victim to the machine - maybe she was Janus's partner or significant other (since this was before he met Lizzie and started crushing on her ). Anyway... can't wait to see what you come up with.

Aww, that was sooo cute!!! http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...rky_herzen.gif
        Yay for summer. We all have writing to do. Exciting times.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I ENVY THEE *shakes fist* I have two more days of finals.

As as a warning for Sparky fans, if you see a hell load of Sparky fics from me that are pure crack it's the finals doing.
          BALCONIES
          sigpic

Comment

Eee, great snippet, Eri!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Yay for summer. We all have writing to do. Exciting times.
            Speaking of which...order of business:

1) We have all agreed we're shooting for the mid-season two parter to be published around October's French Con...so all writers need to be on alert! I know pretty much everyone in the top 9 is already working, but be prepared. And second half of the season writers need to start gearing up.

2) I think, given the end of SGU and some concerns here about keeping people's interests, that RTP I can start being published around the series finale of SGU--that's in just a few weeks--what say you guys? If RTP II is still ongoing, we can publish RTP I in five parts to slow things down a bit.

Trust, which is number 3, is going well, and SR has been working steadily on 4. Sounds like Erin will have 5 under control soon. What say ye?
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

RE: stargate_ren

I just finished reading Parts 4 and 5.
              Spoiler:
              AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Ok. I'm done.
              Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Yup that was pretty much my reaction too.
              And mine! Geeze, that's probably their scariest cliffhanger yet!

Drabble fic, if anyone's interested:
              Spoiler:
              Elizabeth glared at the accumulating pile of garbage inside her quarters as the door closed, letting a heavy sigh escape her. She had been specifically promised that her room would be spotless by the time she got back from the briefing with SGA-3.

Apparently, John Sheppard was not keeping his word today.

"John, are you here?" she called out, glancing around the bedroom, the bathroom, trying to determine his location.

"In here!"

She followed the voice to a doorway, leading into a smaller room off of her living space. As she predicted, John was laying sideways on the floor, holding a wrench in one hand and bracing himself with the other. "Hey 'Lizabeth," he greeted without looking up.

Closing her eyes, Elizabeth dropped her head. "What are you doing?" she asked, crossing his arms.

"I promised I would have this done and cleaned for you today," he replied, pushing himself away from the newly assembled furniture, sitting on the floor for a moment. He glanced up at her, puppy eyes taking over. "Doesn't it look good?"

She opened her eyes again, making contact with his. "It looks great. But you promised that all of the boxes would be gone by the time I came back."

John sighed, standing up and wiping his hands on his jeans. "Sorry, it took me a little longer than expected. Believe it or not," he told her with a smirk, "this is my first time putting a crib together."

She smiled back at him as he walked up to her, planting a kiss on her forehead as their hands met atop her pregnant belly.

And now back to work! SEE YA!!!
              Ahem. SQUEEEEEE!!!!!! So cute!

1) We have all agreed we're shooting for the mid-season two parter to be published around October's French Con...so all writers need to be on alert! I know pretty much everyone in the top 9 is already working, but be prepared. And second half of the season writers need to start gearing up.

2) I think, given the end of SGU and some concerns here about keeping people's interests, that RTP I can start being published around the series finale of SGU--that's in just a few weeks--what say you guys? If RTP II is still ongoing, we can publish RTP I in five parts to slow things down a bit.

Trust, which is number 3, is going well, and SR has been working steadily on 4. Sounds like Erin will have 5 under control soon. What say ye?
              Series finale for SGU is next Monday. I'm still slogging uphill on RtP II (the battle scenes are giving me screaming fits), but I'm aiming to have it done before then so I can get it to the beta team next week. We could post RtP I a few days after the SGU finale, then RtP II a week later. Maybe?
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Series finale for SGU is next Monday. I'm still slogging uphill on RtP II (the battle scenes are giving me screaming fits), but I'm aiming to have it done before then so I can get it to the beta team next week. We could post RtP I a few days after the SGU finale, then RtP II a week later. Maybe?
                Hmmm...that's a good question. y'know, thinking on it I don't wonder if it's smarter to try and space things out--since RTP I is 116 pages, throwing it to audiences with only a week or so before RTP II may be giving too much all at once (same if RTP II is that long and we throw in Trust behind it quickly). If we space it out, we can drag out what is completed a little longer without disappointing fans by having long lags between eppies. And it might help keep our writers going steady and strong without crazy deadlines.

What say ye?
                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Hmmm...that's a good question. y'know, thinking on it I don't wonder if it's smarter to try and space things out--since RTP I is 116 pages, throwing it to audiences with only a week or so before RTP II may be giving too much all at once (same if RTP II is that long and we throw in Trust behind it quickly). If we space it out, we can drag out what is completed a little longer without disappointing fans by having long lags between eppies. And it might help keep our writers going steady and strong without crazy deadlines.

What say ye?
                  I like this idea very much. We could post an act every other day or so until the episode is complete, then have a short break between each episode. I'd probably go no more than two to three days between each act, and no more than a week (or maybe two? An episode every fortnight! Is it just me, or does that sound rather British, LOL!) between posting the final act of one episode and the opening of the next. That should give readers who might not be able to get to the story for a day or two time to catch up, as well as helping the writers stay ahead.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I like this idea very much. We could post an act every other day or so until the episode is complete, then have a short break between each episode. I'd probably go no more than two to three days between each act, and no more than a week (or maybe two? An episode every fortnight! Is it just me, or does that sound rather British, LOL!) between posting the final act of one episode and the opening of the next. That should give readers who might not be able to get to the story for a day or two time to catch up, as well as helping the writers stay ahead.
                    I like that usually people who do virtual series they do all acts at the same time. Gives rreaders a break.
                    BALCONIES
                    sigpic

Comment

Lots of lurkers. Hi lurkers! Come on out and play. We don't bite... much.

As a person not involved in S6, I'm not sure if you care for my opinion but here it is anyway - I like the idea of breaking it up into chapters/acts, kinda like Stargate Ren does.

Personally, I'm much more likely to read a bunch of reasonably long chapters than one big long story. It seems more intimidating, or something, to read a huge fic in one big go. But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Would it have something to do with a certain Medieval battle, known as Courtrai or the Battle of the Golden Spurs in 1302, where a bunch of Flemish foot soldiers did a number on a large unit of French noble cavalrymen?
                        We spread the whoopings around that year. Those knights in shining armor never stood a chance.

Oh, so that was you I heard screaming...

Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! ... And continuity shall rule the world!
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

was listening to chris daughty's life after you on the way home today and it immediately made me think of Sparky.

and here are the lyrics:

Spoiler:
                          Ten miles from town and I just broke down
                          Spittin' out smoke on the side of the road
                          I'm out here alone just tryin' to get home
                          To tell you I was wrong but you already know

Believe me I won't stop at nothin'
                          To see you so I've started runnin'

All that I'm after is a life full of laughter
                          As long as I'm laughin' with you
                          I'm thinkin' that all that still matters is love ever after
                          After the life we've been through
                          'Cause I know there's no life after you

Last time we talked, the night that I walked
                          Burns like an iron in the back of my mind
                          I must've been high to say you and I
                          Weren't meant to be and just wastin' my time

Oh, why did I ever doubt you?
                          You know I would die here without you

[- From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/d/daught...ou-lyrics.html -]

You and I, right or wrong, there's no other one
                          After this time I spent alone
                          It's hard to believe that a man with sight could be so blind
                          Thinkin' 'bout the better times, must've been outta my mind
                          So I'm runnin' back to tell you

Without you God knows what I'd do, yeah

I'm thinkin' 'bout all that still matters is love ever after
                          After the life we've been through, yeah
                          Know there's no life after you

Know there's no life after you, yeah

Comment

Yay, finally home from work and shopping and eating and ... things that take up too much time. Ahem.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            Another perfect Sparky song. That goes perfectly with the one I posted.

And the fic....SQUEE!
                            Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                            Awwwwwww! That was so cute! Thanks for sharing.
                            Thanks for all the SQUEEEES!!! Now to go finish up my chapters I've been working on for a month now ...

Yay, congrats!!! School doesn't let out here till June 6, so I've still got 21 days to suffer. Not like I'm counting ...

Spoiler:
                            I agree, awesome idea!

I know ...
                            Spoiler:
                            I'm really rooting for Lorne to not die. I don't think I could handle it. I know Probie and her mom couldn't, either.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            was listening to chris daughty's life after you on the way home today and it immediately made me think of Sparky.

and here are the lyrics:

Spoiler:
                            Ten miles from town and I just broke down
                            Spittin' out smoke on the side of the road
                            I'm out here alone just tryin' to get home
                            To tell you I was wrong but you already know

Believe me I won't stop at nothin'
                            To see you so I've started runnin'

Last time we talked, the night that I walked
                            Burns like an iron in the back of my mind
                            I must've been high to say you and I
                            Weren't meant to be and just wastin' my time

Oh, why did I ever doubt you?
                            You know I would die here without you

[- From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/d/daught...ou-lyrics.html -]

You and I, right or wrong, there's no other one
                            After this time I spent alone
                            It's hard to believe that a man with sight could be so blind
                            Thinkin' 'bout the better times, must've been outta my mind
                            So I'm runnin' back to tell you

Without you God knows what I'd do, yeah

I'm thinkin' 'bout all that still matters is love ever after
                            After the life we've been through, yeah

Know there's no life after you, yeah
                            I like a lot of Daughtry's music, that song included. You know you've got Sparky on the brain 24/7 when the first thing you ask yourself as a song comes on the radio is, "Is this a Sparky song?"

Back to studying and finishing fics ... I'll be around ...

Comment

What say ye?
                              All that sounds like a plan. I like breaking it up and leaving at least a week in between. Has anyone figured out the publishing schedule so we'll be on track for the Oct con? That involves math and SR don't do math unless absolutely necessary.

I finished page 40 of TBaF today. I'm just getting into Act 4 so it will be 50 pages or more.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Heh. It's a miracle.

I have, not one, but two updated fics to post!

Everybody's Fine, Chapter 12 and Of Detectives and Doctors, Chapter 15 are now posted for your reading and reviewing pleasure!

Back to studying ...

Comment

Working...
                                X