Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Was there a real Pandora in SG-1? I don't want to abandon the Janus aspect of it--I love Janus! Maybe he built it for her, or something? Or she tested it and that's why it was locked away, or something?

Lookit us, trying to usurp Anuna's work. Sorry, 'Nuna.
    Hee!

Spoiler:
    Ooops, sorry 'Nuna!

I don't remember a Pandora in SG-1, so I think we're in the clear. I like the idea of her testing it and something bad happening (and thus becoming the origin of the story), and that's why the box gets locked up.

Of course, that's if 'Nuna wants to go for it.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Agreed. John started asking Ronon personal questions in Sunday and Ronon felt he could do the same. He turned it right back on him with "what about you?" and then when he got the straight answer about John's marriage, he felt free to keep going and ask him about Teyla. Who knows what would have happened next? I really wish we could have gotten the rest of what John was going to say there.
      His motivation there is a little murky. It's a pity he didn't come right out and say "so how come you two didn't get together" or "would it bother you if she hooked up with someone else".

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

That was a great little scene between them.

However, given that MG wrote this episode, I'm not too sure I'd want to know what John might have said next.

*THUD* ZOMG, that's brilliant!
      Spoiler:
      I think Anuna's original plan was that the box was created by Janus (since he's been involved with other time travel devices), but perhaps the real Pandora was somehow involved with its creation.

Okay, I should probably post my faves list. In no particular order:

The Storm/The Eye
      The Siege 1-3
      Conversion
      Sateda
      Common Ground
      Vegas
      Coup d'Etat
      Before I Sleep
      Echoes
      Rising 1 & 2
      Doh! How did I forget The Shrine? And Outsiders? Where is my head tonight?

Hee!

Spoiler:
      Ooops, sorry 'Nuna!

I don't remember a Pandora in SG-1, so I think we're in the clear. I like the idea of her testing it and something bad happening (and thus becoming the origin of the story), and that's why the box gets locked up.

Of course, that's if 'Nuna wants to go for it.
      Re your spoilered stuff

Spoiler:
      For once, we are in agreement I was going to suggest that Pandora be the first person to use the box too. Perhaps the story could be twisted somehow, similar to how the one Plato told about Atlantis was not quite right. Maybe she used it, but was lost within the machine, hence why he added the 'guide'.
      sigpic

Comment

Hey, if they can do the Arthurian legend, we can do Pandora. But it's up to Anuna of course.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'm posting this for 'Nuna cuz she requested it. Be forewarned, it has Mayel/John--only slight, but it's definitely there. Some Kanaan, too.

Spoiler:

John shifted his P-90 a bit, readjusting to the feel of the weapon. He’d already done this routinely a couple of times, but it still felt unusual after so many months of being stagnant on Earth.

Kanaan entered the gateroom from one of the lower passageways, a handmade sack slung across his shoulder, and offered John a small smile. He reminded John a lot of ways of a young marine, taking on immeasurable responsibility for the first time—all the parts and pieces were there but the machine hadn’t quite come together yet.

Plus, when you had a significant other like Teyla, there was a little less jumping-straight-into-the-fire to worry about.

The gate before them burst into life and John turned expectantly towards the staircase, where the Pegasus Coalition was descending the steps, Woolsey in tow. With clearance given by Rodney to safely dial out again, of course they would be the first to leave. Caris and Shiana had made no pretense about being more than happy to get the hell out of the City, but Santho and Mayel had seemed to enjoy their few extra days here, taking to time to learn more of the history of Atlantis and the research and information that had been gathered by the people here.

And, of course, the weapons. They’d all had interest in the weapons.

Mayel caught sight of him as they reached the Gateroom floor, a smile spreading across her face.

Woolsey asked her something, which required Santho to tap her shoulder to regain her attention. She colored slightly and John couldn’t help but smile, though he quickly covered it up as Kanaan approached him.

“You ready?” he asked, trying to keep his attention away from the Coalition group.

“I believe so, though I do not look forward to this.”

“I don’t blame you, given the reception last time.”

“Yes, though I understand Jinto’s anger. I just do not know how to ask more of them than they have already suffered.”

“If they want to find the rest of their people, I think they’ll at least be willing to listen.”

“I do not think they’ll be so quick to believe, as Teyla did, that the Athosians have been kept alive. Especially as it was her premonition. They blame us for so much of what has happened. And they have a right to do so.”

The Coalition members were moving towards the gate now. His eyes followed the party, who apparently had decided to leave through the same gateway. Mayel hung behind for a moment, raising a hand in silent goodbye, before stepping into the wormhole.

He raised a hand in response, lowering it only when he caught Kanaan looking at him in poorly concealed interest.

“I know what you mean,” he said. Kanaan continued to stare at him with a smile as the wormhole dissolved. He returned it insincerely, dancing back and forth on his feet. The chevrons began to light up around the ring and for once in his life John felt they were moving a little too slowly.

As the final one locked he smiled again, glad to see the wormhole woosh into life.

“Ready?”

Kanaan nodded, smile growing a little.

“Right. Well, then, let’s go recruit some Athosians.”

Only at the mention of his people did the smile drop from Kanaan’s face, and he drew in a breath, his face focused, and marched towards the gate.
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I won something in the E-bay auction - Weir's bracelets from The Real World. There was another set sold in the previous rounds.

And Anuna - look what I found in a set of flags currently on auction - a croation flag (and a Belgian one too).
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hey, if they can do the Arthurian legend, we can do Pandora. But it's up to Anuna of course.
              I still like to see something Elizabeth as Queen Elizabeth I or Queen Victoria and John as Robert Dudley or Prince Albert XD
              BALCONIES
              The Breeding Ground of Ships.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm posting this for 'Nuna cuz she requested it. Be forewarned, it has Mayel/John--only slight, but it's definitely there. Some Kanaan, too.

Spoiler:

John shifted his P-90 a bit, readjusting to the feel of the weapon. He’d already done this routinely a couple of times, but it still felt unusual after so many months of being stagnant on Earth.

Kanaan entered the gateroom from one of the lower passageways, a handmade sack slung across his shoulder, and offered John a small smile. He reminded John a lot of ways of a young marine, taking on immeasurable responsibility for the first time—all the parts and pieces were there but the machine hadn’t quite come together yet.

Plus, when you had a significant other like Teyla, there was a little less jumping-straight-into-the-fire to worry about.

The gate before them burst into life and John turned expectantly towards the staircase, where the Pegasus Coalition was descending the steps, Woolsey in tow. With clearance given by Rodney to safely dial out again, of course they would be the first to leave. Caris and Shiana had made no pretense about being more than happy to get the hell out of the City, but Santho and Mayel had seemed to enjoy their few extra days here, taking to time to learn more of the history of Atlantis and the research and information that had been gathered by the people here.

Mayel caught sight of him as they reached the Gateroom floor, a smile spreading across her face.

Woolsey asked her something, which required Santho to tap her shoulder to regain her attention. She colored slightly and John couldn’t help but smile, though he quickly covered it up as Kanaan approached him.

“You ready?” he asked, trying to keep his attention away from the Coalition group.

“Yes, though I understand Jinto’s anger. I just do not know how to ask more of them than they have already suffered.”

“If they want to find the rest of their people, I think they’ll at least be willing to listen.”

“I do not think they’ll be so quick to believe, as Teyla did, that the Athosians have been kept alive. Especially as it was her premonition. They blame us for so much of what has happened. And they have a right to do so.”

The Coalition members were moving towards the gate now. His eyes followed the party, who apparently had decided to leave through the same gateway. Mayel hung behind for a moment, raising a hand in silent goodbye, before stepping into the wormhole.

He raised a hand in response, lowering it only when he caught Kanaan looking at him in poorly concealed interest.

“I know what you mean,” he said. Kanaan continued to stare at him with a smile as the wormhole dissolved. He returned it insincerely, dancing back and forth on his feet. The chevrons began to light up around the ring and for once in his life John felt they were moving a little too slowly.

As the final one locked he smiled again, glad to see the wormhole woosh into life.

“Ready?”

Only at the mention of his people did the smile drop from Kanaan’s face, and he drew in a breath, his face focused, and marched towards the gate.
                That was just lovely and I'm saying that as someone not too heavily into the idea of
                Spoiler:
                John/Mayel. I can't wait to see where this is going. And a bonus Squee! for the John/Kanaan friendship.

Plus, not too many dashes. I read a Joseph Conrad last week and found a sentence of his with 6 dashes, a colon and a hyphen. I thought of you.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                I won something in the E-bay auction - Weir's bracelets from The Real World. There was another set sold in the previous rounds.

And Anuna - look what I found in a set of flags currently on auction - a croation flag (and a Belgian one too).
                Yay way to go! We need a pic now.
                sigpic

Comment

Plus, not too many dashes. I read a Joseph Conrad last week and found a sentence of his with 6 dashes, a colon and a hyphen. I thought of you.
                  Every time I come across dashes now, I can't help but think of you.

Yay way to go! We need a pic now.
                  I don't know how long it'll take for them to get to where they have to go - here with me in Belgium - but once they do arrive, I'll be sure to take pictures and show them here. And maybe I could get them autographed or something at FACTS or Halfway.

Comment

Spoiler:

“Ready?”

SHIZZUS! This is fan-tas-tic, I LOVE IT!

Spoiler:
                    I love the small, subtle but definitely there John/Mayel hint. You justs ee how much he needs to be loved (back). (Well I see, i am probably the most John-biased person on this thread, next to SR. He's been through so much bad stuff, he needs something nice for a change. But we know what's gonna happen - so we'll have to mend him (and Elizabeth once she's back), and when we do that, we can write most epic spatky getting together in season 7 there is on this planet! YAYAYAYAYAAAAAA!
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Spoiler:

“Ready?”

*flails* That's fantastic! Definitely loving the John/Kanaan friendship angle and the adorkable John/Mayel romantic hints. So cute! And ZOMG, the Coalition representatives came to Atlantis! Whee, we're channeling Babylon 5!

Yay, congratulations on scoring the bracelets!

Ooooh, a Croatian flag and a Belgian flag! I know that Propworx has offered a larger set that had a Croatian flag, though there wasn't a Belgian flag in that assortment. Does this mean we're going to have to add Croatian and Belgian members to the expedition? Ladies, what say you?

I don't know how long it'll take for them to get to where they have to go - here with me in Belgium - but once they do arrive, I'll be sure to take pictures and show them here. And maybe I could get them autographed or something at FACTS or Halfway.
                      Check out the Weir/Torri WOW thread; I've got some suggestions for how you might want to display them.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post

Spoiler:
                        I love the small, subtle but definitely there John/Mayel hint. You justs ee how much he needs to be loved (back). (Well I see, i am probably the most John-biased person on this thread, next to SR. He's been through so much bad stuff, he needs something nice for a change. But we know what's gonna happen - so we'll have to mend him (and Elizabeth once she's back), and when we do that, we can write most epic spatky getting together in season 7 there is on this planet! YAYAYAYAYAAAAAA!
                        And we are going to put John
                        Spoiler:
                        through some emotional stuff without changing his character or making him seem mentally unbalanced in any way. He's not chronically depressed, nor does he have a death wish or survival guilt. He's just a man doing the best he can who needs for someone to love him and not leave him.
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          YAYYYYYYYY! It's gonna be so epic!

Comment

Yay, congratulations on scoring the bracelets!
                            Made me squee - but had to contain myself a little cause I was at work when I saw the mail.

Ooooh, a Croatian flag and a Belgian flag! I know that Propworx has offered a larger set that had a Croatian flag, though there wasn't a Belgian flag in that assortment. Does this mean we're going to have to add Croatian and Belgian members to the expedition? Ladies, what say you?
                            I've never seen the Croatian flag on screen. Though I have seen the Belgian one - twice - once in The Rising and once in Doppelganger.

Check out the Weir/Torri WOW thread; I've got some suggestions for how you might want to display them.
                            I did, and thank you for the idea. I never would have thought of that myself... *facepalm* ... feels like an idiot.

Comment

I am so proud and thankful that you guys know how Croatian flag looks like. I am even more happy and thankful that you care.

Now, about the BoD -

Spoiler:

In the meantime I am doing a little research on pandora - just an initial reading, nothing too detailed, because I'm sleepy. It's interesting how this story (I assume you all know it?) was used as a pholosopical starting point for a question - why is there evil in the world? I thiiiiink I can play with that idea in this fic. You know how the road to hell is paved with good intentions? I think this kind of plot is well suited to explore that idea.

Also, there is still the question on why the hope remained in the box? I am so looking forward to work on this!
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I am so proud and thankful that you guys know how Croatian flag looks like. I am even more happy and thankful that you care.
                                Heck yes I know what the Croatian flag looks like! And you betcha I care. *hugs*

Now, about the BoD -

Spoiler:

In the meantime I am doing a little research on pandora - just an initial reading, nothing too detailed, because I'm sleepy. It's interesting how this story (I assume you all know it?) was used as a pholosopical starting point for a question - why is there evil in the world? I thiiiiink I can play with that idea in this fic. You know how the road to hell is paved with good intentions? I think this kind of plot is well suited to explore that idea.

Also, there is still the question on why the hope remained in the box? I am so looking forward to work on this!
                                Hee! I'm so glad that we sparked (pun definitely intended, hahaha!) your imagination on this one!

Comment

Working...
                                X