Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I wish I had time to beta, but between SGARising and my real editing job, I'm overworked. I would suggest though that you get someone to beta before you put it on the thread. That way all the errors will be corrected before anyone else reads it. And keep writing, you are getting much better.
    Thanks SR. That really means a lot. This is my major fic that i'm writing. and trust me i'll try to find someone but i'm glad you enjoying it.

Comment

Welcome {Name redacted at quoted Member's request}! The Storm/The Eye were the first real episodes I saw, and they hooked me on John/Elizabeth too! Great stuff in those episodes.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      By the way, I finally ordered "Change of Plans"!!! It should arrive next week!!!
      I thought "Change of Plans" was really cute. It's family entertainment. Don't expect anything hard hitting or deep. It's just a nice, sweet film. Joe's adorable in it.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      And turning off on a completely different subject... I drew this yesterday for a contest on deviantArt in one of the Stargate groups - draw your favorite SGA character as your fave fairy tale character. So I drew Liz as Belle. I think there's some good parallels between their characters - both smart, devoted, and with a taste for exploration and adventure.

Spoiler:
      Wow, your drawings are always beautiful! I'm envious!!

Thanks.

Here's a pic - me all 1940s.

Spoiler:
      Awww, you look so cute!! That style is really nice. Much better than the 60s, 70s, or 80s! *shivers*

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Okay, Sparkies, I'm kinda sorta signing off for the next week, as my internet time will be severely curtailed by VACATION!!!!

I'll probably be checking in from time to time in the evenings and sometimes mornings, so I'll see you all... when I see you. *waves*
      We'll miss you! Have fun!!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      okay finished the prologue and here it is. BTW If anybody wants to beta for me i would greatly appreciate it.
      Spoiler:

The Atlantis Lantern

Chapter 1: Prologue

John Sheppard used to be asked “what are you afraid of?” People liked to ask him that. When they do, they have this knowing grin on their faces. As if they expect him to answer, “Nothing.” He humors them most of the time, because that’s what they want him to say. “I’m not afraid of anything.” They thought he was born without fear. They were wrong. They thought the ring he know wears on his right index finger of his right hand gives him the power to do anything. They’re wrong about that too. Before he was given the greatest weapon to the universe, before he journeyed to the stars -- His Stepfather gave him the power to do anything. He told him he could be whatever he wanted to be. He wanted to be just like Dean Holland.

“Go Dean!” 12 year old John Sheppard yelled into the sky as his step-father soared across the sky in an experimental airplane for Weir Aircraft. His real father, Patrick Sheppard, Utilities Mogul of the Midwest, died in a car accident when John was young. Her mother remarried to Dean when John was about 9 years old.

His Step Brother James “Jim” Holland wasn’t old enough to watch Dean fly and his real brother David “Dave” Sheppard was too old to care. John didn’t want to be anywhere else. Every day, he went to Weir aircraft. Sometimes He’d get to school late. Sometimes he’d leave school early. And sometimes John would never go to school at all. Those days, he’d watch his Dean fly all morning. Then they’d sit in his cockpit and share John’s brown bag lunch. His mother used to wonder why he would ask for Roast beef and horseradish even though John never ate horseradish at home but Dean loved it. Deep down, Emily Sheppard-Holland knew that John was going to go see Dean fly but she never said anything.

‘That jacket looks too big.” a young girl about John’s age said as she finally got his attention.

“He asked me to hold it.” John replied, finally getting a glance at the girl. She was wearing a pink jacket, white shirt and a flowered skirt and black dress shoes.

“Who did?”

“My Step Dad. He’s flying the one that’s flying that plane.” He pointed upward to the sky where Holland’s plane was.

“You must be John Sheppard then, I’m Elizabeth –”

“– Weir.” He interrupted her fully knowing who the small girl was. “I know. You and your family own this airfield and the planes.”

“Do you always interrupt people’s Sentences?” She folded her arms and looked at the boy who was now looking at a hole at the bottle of the fence where the runway was located.

“Sometimes.”

“What do you think you’re doing? She asked as she saw the sign above the fence that read “DANGER! DO NOT ENTER”.

“Going to go get a better view.”

“You’re not supposed to go in there. The Sign says so.”

John finally started to enter the small clearing before he stopped and asked. “You wanna come?”

“No. You’re going to get into trouble.”

He looked back at her, smiled and said. “I’m not afraid to get into trouble, Elizabeth.” And with that he disappeared into the small entrance and went to go find himself a better vantage point.
      I have no idea what Green Lantern even is, so I don't think I can help you. Yeah I'm probably the only person who doesn't know what that is. Is there a movie coming out or something? Yeah, I'm out of touch. I got movie tickets for Christmas and still haven't gone. I haven't even seen the latest Harry Potter movie.
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 11 June 2013, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        I have no idea what Green Lantern even is, so I don't think I can help you. Yeah I'm probably the only person who doesn't know what that is. Is there a movie coming out or something? Yeah, I'm out of touch. I got movie tickets for Christmas and still haven't gone. I haven't even seen the latest Harry Potter movie.
        It's okay JT. Yes there is a move coming out on June 17th. I'm in the same boat with you regarding harry potter, i've seen all of the movies (Including the recent one) but i never read the books.

Comment

What was the occasion? Party of some sort?
          It was a hangar dance at a vintage airshow.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Squee! That sounds so exciting, and I'm glad you had such a good time. That's a gorgeous outfit you wore, too! You look fabulous! *swoons*

Speaking of swooning, yeah, I would totally swoon at the sight of John and Elizabeth in vintage wear. *sighs*

Looking forward to seeing your friend's contribution to Atlantis Rising, and I love the pic of Elizabeth as Belle. I'll just bet that Belle is Lizzeh's favorite Disney Princess.
          Thanks very much!

I can just see it, John and Lizzie all dressed in vintage walking around looking at all the planes. John'd be just itching to fly one and Liz would just smile and loop her arm through his. Then one of two things would happen. 1) Liz would disappear for a while, having used her mad people skills to arrange for John to be allowed to fly one of the planes, or 2) John would run into the owner (not knowing who he is) and the two of them would start talking, and, both having such a love of aviation, the owner would take a liking to them and let him take one up. Either way, it ends with John taking Lizzie on a romantic plane ride.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
          OHHHHH I LOVE IT!!! Lizzie would make a great Belle
          Thanks!

Originally posted by {Name redacted at quoted Member's request}
          Hello all! I've been a lurker on this thread for quite a while.

I'm in my twenties and have been a stargate fan since I was around 13 or 14 years old. I'm conservative and have a lot of moral standards for myself but I'm very laid back. While I may not agree with certain things people do, I try to ignore it if it goes against my moral code. I'm very nonconfrontational yet very assertive if my opinion is asked.

I am getting a bachelors degree in Natural Science but am off for the summer and doing summer work. I eventually want to do Physical Therapy.

I love chocolate, Dr. Pepper, smiles, and laughter. I always try to be positive. So if you ever need a kind word, I'm your girl. Other fandoms I like are Harry Potter, Star Wars, NCIS, and The Chronicles of Narnia.

My first episode of stargate was the episode Heroes on SG-1 and then I fell in love when Atlantis when it came out.

I have always rooted for Sheppard/Weir...Sparky lol. I started liking them together during The Storm/The Eye episodes.

I love both characters equally. After all how can you choose between girl power and that iconic knight in shining armor.

SGA Rising....I think you are all amazing and absolutely don't know how I will wait a week for the 1st episode.

Well that is it for now...I will try to be more involved in discussions since I was inspired by you all to join.

John and Elizabeth forever!
          Hi! Welcome to the Sparky thread! We're always happy to have some new faces around here.

Of course we want a pic. And great drawing.
          Thank you.

okay finished the prologue and here it is. BTW If anybody wants to beta for me i would greatly appreciate it.
          Spoiler:

The Atlantis Lantern

Chapter 1: Prologue

John Sheppard used to be asked “what are you afraid of?” People liked to ask him that. When they do, they have this knowing grin on their faces. As if they expect him to answer, “Nothing.” He humors them most of the time, because that’s what they want him to say. “I’m not afraid of anything.” They thought he was born without fear. They were wrong. They thought the ring he know wears on his right index finger of his right hand gives him the power to do anything. They’re wrong about that too. Before he was given the greatest weapon to the universe, before he journeyed to the stars -- His Stepfather gave him the power to do anything. He told him he could be whatever he wanted to be. He wanted to be just like Dean Holland.

“Go Dean!” 12 year old John Sheppard yelled into the sky as his step-father soared across the sky in an experimental airplane for Weir Aircraft. His real father, Patrick Sheppard, Utilities Mogul of the Midwest, died in a car accident when John was young. Her mother remarried to Dean when John was about 9 years old.

His Step Brother James “Jim” Holland wasn’t old enough to watch Dean fly and his real brother David “Dave” Sheppard was too old to care. John didn’t want to be anywhere else. Every day, he went to Weir aircraft. Sometimes He’d get to school late. Sometimes he’d leave school early. And sometimes John would never go to school at all. Those days, he’d watch his Dean fly all morning. Then they’d sit in his cockpit and share John’s brown bag lunch. His mother used to wonder why he would ask for Roast beef and horseradish even though John never ate horseradish at home but Dean loved it. Deep down, Emily Sheppard-Holland knew that John was going to go see Dean fly but she never said anything.

‘That jacket looks too big.” a young girl about John’s age said as she finally got his attention.

“He asked me to hold it.” John replied, finally getting a glance at the girl. She was wearing a pink jacket, white shirt and a flowered skirt and black dress shoes.

“Who did?”

“My Step Dad. He’s flying the one that’s flying that plane.” He pointed upward to the sky where Holland’s plane was.

“You must be John Sheppard then, I’m Elizabeth –”

“– Weir.” He interrupted her fully knowing who the small girl was. “I know. You and your family own this airfield and the planes.”

“Do you always interrupt people’s Sentences?” She folded her arms and looked at the boy who was now looking at a hole at the bottle of the fence where the runway was located.

“Sometimes.”

“What do you think you’re doing? She asked as she saw the sign above the fence that read “DANGER! DO NOT ENTER”.

“Going to go get a better view.”

“You’re not supposed to go in there. The Sign says so.”

John finally started to enter the small clearing before he stopped and asked. “You wanna come?”

“No. You’re going to get into trouble.”

He looked back at her, smiled and said. “I’m not afraid to get into trouble, Elizabeth.” And with that he disappeared into the small entrance and went to go find himself a better vantage point.
          Very nice start. Little John and Liz are very cute.

Beautiful and the outfit isn't bad either. Great choice for the airshow.
          Thank you!

And since some of you seemed to enjoy my cropped pic of the hands. I went on a crop spree and did this one. Oh, and no, I'm not exactly the whitest white woman in the USA, he's just very very tan. LOL

Squee! And wow, he is extremely tan!

Wow, your drawings are always beautiful! I'm envious!!

Awww, you look so cute!! That style is really nice. Much better than the 60s, 70s, or 80s! *shivers*
          Aw, thanks JT. ^^

Last edited by Bagpuss; 11 June 2013, 11:17 AM.
          sigpic
          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

It's okay JT. Yes there is a move coming out on June 17th. I'm in the same boat with you regarding harry potter, i've seen all of the movies (Including the recent one) but i never read the books.
            I've read all the books, but haven't seen the most recent movie.

Yeah, I know. I saw the 6th movie right away. But I'm just not excited about this one. I didn't like the first part of the book so I can't imagine I'm going to be interested in the movie. *shrugs* I'll probably catch it when it comes on HBO.

Crap, gotta make this on topic. Um, what kind of movie would John and Elizabeth watch together?

Edited to Add - I knew I was forgetting something. SR, those crops are hilarious! Me so jealous! Yeah, he was quite tanned there. Yum.
            Last edited by JT-2; 25 May 2011, 08:50 AM. Reason: forgot something!

Comment

Yeah, I know. I saw the 6th movie right away. But I'm just not excited about this one. I didn't like the first part of the book so I can't imagine I'm going to be interested in the movie. *shrugs* I'll probably catch it when it comes on HBO.

Crap, gotta make this on topic. Um, what kind of movie would John and Elizabeth watch together?

Edited to Add - I knew I was forgetting something. SR, those crops are hilarious! Me so jealous! Yeah, he was quite tanned there. Yum.
              *snerk* I was thinking about using one of those crops for my avatar, but that seems like it might be tacky. Somehow. Like I might be trying to imply that I'm the only one who ever met him. But if you understand my sense of humor, you know I at least thought about it.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I suppose I can see that. The endless camping trip... Still, I thought the movie was very well done and well acted. I never got bored during it and I recommend giving it a shot.

And I come bringing more gifts! I guess we have our first piece of outside Atlantis Rising art! Here's the gif that my friend made - Leucothea29 here on GW:

Spoiler:

(starts with Hey Rodney)
                sigpic
                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

I
                  And I come bringing more gifts! I guess we have our first piece of outside Atlantis Rising art! Here's the gif that my friend made - Leucothea29 here on GW:

Spoiler:
                  that's amazing. clap clap clap.

Comment

Hi Sparkys looks like I have to go to the doctor over my rash
                    BALCONIES
                    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                    sigpic

Comment

I suppose I can see that. The endless camping trip... Still, I thought the movie was very well done and well acted. I never got bored during it and I recommend giving it a shot.

[SPOILERS]
                      (starts with Hey Rodney)
                      http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...g/AllComic.gif[SPOILERS]
                      That was great. Kudos to your friend.

Hi Sparkys looks like I have to go to the doctor over my rash
                      Oh dear.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah my mom freaked I am like I get a rash every yeqe
                        BALCONIES
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah my mom freaked I am like I get a rash every yeqe
                          i remember a couple of weeks ago, i had a scare myself. i thought i got pink eye. turned out to be just some dust got into my eye and it just got irritated really bad.

Comment

Well just finished with the doctor.....it's shingles lucky me.
                            BALCONIES
                            sigpic

Comment

did the doc perscribe a cream or anytype of medication?

Comment

Holy cow, you're awfully young to have that. Hope it clears up soon.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X