Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    *reaches back into Joe handbook* He was a competitive downhill skier in college and I think I heard he played tennis. I'm not sure if that was high school or college. He tells a funny story about playing basketball in high school until an embarassing throw into the wrong net. Ouch. He's too small to have played football and soccer wasn't very popular in those days above middle school.

I think you got the ice hockey idea from reports that he and Michael Shanks were trading hockey taunts at a con. Joe also said his boys are LA Lakers fans but he's not so much into it. And I think the Irish hurling game he went to with Jason last year proves that any sport will do. Oh, and he also loves Nascar.
    Lol on the basketball. Somebody in my class did that at college and never lived it down.

Romancing the Stone is the first one. I think the second is called Jewel of the Nile and did indeed stink.
    I should have looked that up before I posted. I got the titles muddled
    sigpic

Comment

Oh Wow! Stopped by to say good morning and - 24 users on the thread. 21 guests! It may be a great Monday after all.

Glad you enjoyed the fic, I am working on the next chap. The bunnies and I have made peace but I'm not allowed to bring any more cake home SR- I'd like to take a peek in the JF handbook of yours, that sounds quite interesting.

Gateraid- OT

Spoiler:
      Give Farscape a try. It really was great, pay no attention to the parody.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning Sparkies! Happy Monday! Took the day off because my kiddo didn't have school today, but we'll be making a doctor's run soon - she came down with a fever Saturday night - now she has sore throat and swollen tonsils. YIKES!

Okay - on to the Sparky part.....prompties! Let's go with a theme of warmth and sunshine (as I sit in my midwestern home, preparing for more snow on Tuesday...grrrrr....):

Umbrella Drinks
        Sand between their toes
        Crashing Waves
        Catching some rays
        Warm tropical breezes
        sigpic
        Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
          Oh Wow! Stopped by to say good morning and - 24 users on the thread. 21 guests! It may be a great Monday after all.

Glad you enjoyed the fic, I am working on the next chap. The bunnies and I have made peace but I'm not allowed to bring any more cake home SR- I'd like to take a peek in the JF handbook of yours, that sounds quite interesting.

Gateraid- OT

Spoiler:
          Give Farscape a try. It really was great, pay no attention to the parody.
          LOL. The handbook resides in the dark recesses of my brain. It is held together by duct tape and rubber bands and sometimes pages fall out never to be seen again. It was accumulated over the last 7 *yikes* years of hanging out in the fandom. Accuracy varies according to how my synapses are firing that day.

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
          Good morning Sparkies! Happy Monday! Took the day off because my kiddo didn't have school today, but we'll be making a doctor's run soon - she came down with a fever Saturday night - now she has sore throat and swollen tonsils. YIKES!

Okay - on to the Sparky part.....prompties! Let's go with a theme of warmth and sunshine (as I sit in my midwestern home, preparing for more snow on Tuesday...grrrrr....):

Umbrella Drinks
          Sand between their toes
          Crashing Waves
          Catching some rays
          Warm tropical breezes
          Oh dear. Sick kids are never fun. Best wishes.

Love the prompts. It's quite balmy here today-in the 50's.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! Because Atlantis Rising really does stick to canon equally for all characters. Unlike some novels we could name.

I didn't watch the Super Bowl. I went to Disneyland! (yes, again. Hey, I have an annual pass! And they were having a Lunar New Year festival, so I got to see all sorts of martial arts and Chinese dance exhibitions! It was fun! )

*hugs SMB_BOOKS* Hope the kiddo is okay! Fevers aren't fun.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
            And before I retire on this fair eve...I humbly offer the second chapter of The Hot Button. Hopefully Torri012 and Erin87 will still enjoy the product of their prompts...

Aaaaahhhhh! I love it when the Atlantis betting pool runs amok! Now John, stop rabbiting off and go snog Lizzeh! You're making her sad!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

If anyone's in the market for a matching set of director's chair backs used by Torri and Joe, Propworx now has them up for sale on eBay!

Torri Higginson Chair Back

Joe Flanigan Chair Back

Before anyone asks, no, I'm not going for them. I'd be tempted to go for Torri's but I'd like to see someone get the Sparky set.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                You don't want to open the s/z can of worms Not to mention the re/er, our/or..........
                Considering I'm up against a Dutch English-teacher, it does require some can opening. Especially since that is the first time someone (her son) told me that it's perfectly acceptable to write warrior with one R.

Not me. Although I did hear the odd update on the radio. However I did manage to find Eri13's Echoes recap, Return I and Return II
                As I went over the Echoes recap for old time's sake, I happen to stumble across one of my responses... I made myself giggle.

I thought about watching that a while back, but the spoof they did of it on SG-1's 200 put me off
                LOL!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                If anyone's in the market for a matching set of director's chair backs used by Torri and Joe, Propworx now has them up for sale on eBay!

Torri Higginson Chair Back

Joe Flanigan Chair Back

Before anyone asks, no, I'm not going for them. I'd be tempted to go for Torri's but I'd like to see someone get the Sparky set.
                And be prepared to cough up a lot of money cause the last set on sale (Jewel - Paul - Kavan - Pileggi) all went for over 100$ (+ 20$ shipping if you're in the US/Canada or 85$ shipping elsewhere). And I imagine that Flanigan's especially will go for a lot of money (Sheppard's dogtags went for nearly or over 1000$).

I tried for Jewel's but I'm going with a set amount of money I want to spend, since I have to keep in mind that I have to pay 85$ on shipping and possible have to add taxes once it arrives, so I was outbid rather quickly.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Speaking of Return: Why didn't John get any sort of reprimand after they retook the city? i mean he did disobey orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    And be prepared to cough up a lot of money cause the last set on sale (Jewel - Paul - Kavan - Pileggi) all went for over 100$ (+ 20$ shipping if you're in the US/Canada or 85$ shipping elsewhere). And I imagine that Flanigan's especially will go for a lot of money (Sheppard's dogtags went for nearly or over 1000$).

I tried for Jewel's but I'm going with a set amount of money I want to spend, since I have to keep in mind that I have to pay 85$ on shipping and possible have to add taxes once it arrives, so I was outbid rather quickly.
                    Ouch!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    Speaking of Return: Why didn't John get any sort of reprimand after they retook the city? i mean he did disobey orders.
                    In so doing, he saved O'Neill and Woolsey. I imagine that held quite a lot of weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      In so doing, he saved O'Neill and Woolsey. I imagine that held quite a lot of weight.
                      He did get a lecture from someone (I think, O'Neill) but he hit the off-switch of the radio.

Comment

He did get a lecture from someone (I think, O'Neill) but he hit the off-switch of the radio.
                        it was Landry. if your talking about when they're at midway?

Comment

That was Gen. Landry. I think considering how many times John has pulled their butts out of the fire and saved the universe/galaxy/solar system/planet, they decided to cut him some slack. I'm sure they made a note in his permanent record.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            it was Landry. if your talking about when they're at midway?
                            Yes, that's what I'm talking about... though I guessed O'Neill since I was thinking it was in fact Hammond but I knew that wasn't possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              That was Gen. Landry. I think considering how many times John has pulled their butts out of the fire and saved the universe/galaxy/solar system/planet, they decided to cut him some slack. I'm sure they made a note in his permanent record.
                              Something like, "Does not respond well to orders to retreat/leave people behind. It tends to encourage him to do the exact opposite."

Comment

However I did manage to find Eri13's Echoes recap, Return I and Return II
                                I so enjoy these! So many epps I need to re- re-watch. I'd forgotten about John and Rodney yelling when they were in the infirmary in Echoes. Priceless.

I thought the excerpt below was great and- sadly- accurate (re: the Return).

Spoiler:
                                Eri13
                                Hand-in-hand with that is the scene with Elizabeth. While I think it is exactly befitting of Elizabeth's state of mind, and I enjoy Carson's presence here, I also don't believe he would be the first visiting. For me, personally, this scene felt like the writer (who happens to be Martin Gero) said 'I can't have John visit--that looks wayyyyy too intimate. Let's make it Carson instead.' In other words, these two scenes feel like they were designed this particular way to purposely downplay any shippiness or chance at shippiness. Like, they needed them in there to expound on the characters, but they tiptoed around what would directly make better sense and shoved some OOC moments on them
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Working...
                                X