Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    1 snickerdoodle please!

I have a confession ... I don't think Chipolte is all that great. I've been a few times. I'd just as well have Taco Bell. (waits for the thread to spork me)

Watching Lifeline right now and it's making me angry. I need to read some fluff before I go to sleep.
    Lifeline's ending really makes all Sparky fans angry. But there is so much confirmation of their feelings for each other in it that I think that transcends the ending. Lifeline was one of the eps that pretty much confirmed even in the most doubtful mind that John did indeed care very very much for Elizabeth on a personal level. Maybe not to the extent that he was in love with her, but no one, and I mean no one, who paid attention could reasonably argue that he was indifferent to her or disliked her as had been argued in the past. So I took Lifeline as a huge win for us.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post

Hmmm... I had thoughts along those lines myself...

Indeed they are! According to the cups, there are over 60,000 different combinations you can get.

I like Taco Bell too. But then, I've always been a big fan of Mexican food in general.

I have watched it more than once, but yeah... Every time I watch it, when Rodney comes up with that stupid plan to upload that code, I yell and beg at the screen, "It's not worth it! IT'S NOT WORTH IT! This is a bad plan! Just leave!!!" Or the hallway: "Grab her and run! GRAB HER AND RUN!!!!"

But they never listen.

Anyway... on a lighter note... does anyone have/know where I can find some relatively high quality pics of the con panel where Joe kissed Torri? I need one of her smiling for a reference, and I found the perfect pic, but it's too small for me to work with properly. It seems like this request has been made already a while back, but forgive me for being too lazy to hunt for it through all of this.
    I must confess that I have never been to Chipolte. We don't do fast food. We just don't. So I bypass that place for the nice sitdown Tex/Mex restaurant down the street. I will have to give it a try though. Just for research you see.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Alert for Atlantis Rising writers & staff: Tonight's blog entry from Joe Mallozzi has got a couple of tidbits that are/may be relevant to our plans for AR.

Spoiler:
    Josh writes: “Would earth be in any great danger from a Lucian alliance attack? I mean, they got some pretty nice tech now from Atlantis and from the Asgard, so it almost seems that if the Lucian alliance would decide to attack earth, it wouldn’t really be as big of a threat as everyone is acting like in SGU. Anyway, whats your take on this?”

Answer: Alliances. Season 2.

Before, Mallozzi had only hinted that "something big" would be happening back on Earth in this episode. He didn't mention the Lucian Alliance or their previously revealed plans for attacking Earth, so we could only speculate that the attack might happen here. Now it looks like we've got confirmation, which will probably warrant some modification to our plans for "Return to Pegasus." Maybe we could have "Return to Pegasus, Part 1" straddling the time period from before "Alliances" (SGU ep. 213) to shortly after "Seizure" (SGU ep. 215), depending on what we learn about Atlantis's status in those episodes.

Spoiler:
    Furling also writes: “What happened with Tria (Aurora-class battleship from ‘The Return’)? Is it left between galaxies?”

Answer: Yes, still there.

Hmm. Is it just me, or does anyone else think we ought to go get the Tria and have McKay and Zelenka refurb it so Team Atlantis can use it in upcoming battles? I don't know if they'd have it operational in time for the battle against the Wraith armada in "Return to Pegasus, Part 2," but it could still be used in future episodes.

Your thoughts?
    I'm very fuzzy on all the Lucian Alliance stuff. But the Tria, now that could indeed be very useful. Eri needs to know about this.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

But I think you're right about no one else doing that idea before, at least I've never heard of a fic with that idea. It's really twisted and evil.
      That's because Kolya is one twisted Mofo and we always need a twisted and evil torture method with him!
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

Plot-Bunny-Attack:

i was just sewing one of my coatbuttons back on when i thought that this could actually be a really cute fluffy sparky fic: elizabeth is helping out sewing uniforms back together when she finds herself fixing one of johns shirts...due to her having to find the whole first - she fiddles around on it and finds a picture (of her) hidden in his inside pocket... blah blah blah

anyone wants to write that?? *cutest look ever* xD

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          do you guys really want to open up the can of worms with the tria? I mean it would be the orion all over again and we all know how that ended up. but i'm on board for the whole having "Return" Before Alliances and stuff.
          Who says it would be like the Orion all over again, though? The thing that sucked about the Orion was that they lost it so quickly, which made its introduction seem more like a deus ex machina. If they get to keep the Tria and regularly use it throughout the season, it'll change the dynamic considerably.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Lifeline's ending really makes all Sparky fans angry. But there is so much confirmation of their feelings for each other in it that I think that transcends the ending. Lifeline was one of the eps that pretty much confirmed even in the most doubtful mind that John did indeed care very very much for Elizabeth on a personal level. Maybe not to the extent that he was in love with her, but no one, and I mean no one, who paid attention could reasonably argue that he was indifferent to her or disliked her as had been argued in the past. So I took Lifeline as a huge win for us.
          That's all very true, and it's why I can't bring myself to truly hate the episode, even though it hurts so much to watch it.

I must confess that I have never been to Chipolte. We don't do fast food. We just don't. So I bypass that place for the nice sitdown Tex/Mex restaurant down the street. I will have to give it a try though. Just for research you see.
          Research is good!

I'm very fuzzy on all the Lucian Alliance stuff. But the Tria, now that could indeed be very useful. Eri needs to know about this.
          *salutes* I've already sent an email to her.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
          That's because Kolya is one twisted Mofo and we always need a twisted and evil torture method with him!
          You betcha!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I've kept my eye out, but haven't found any bigger versions of those pics.
            Hmm... Dang.

Well, addressing the general population, anyone have any smiling happy pics of Elizabeth/Torri they want to rec? It would be much appreciated; a google image search only gave me so much...

Alert for Atlantis Rising writers & staff: Tonight's blog entry from Joe Mallozzi has got a couple of tidbits that are/may be relevant to our plans for AR.

Spoiler:
            Josh writes: “Would earth be in any great danger from a Lucian alliance attack? I mean, they got some pretty nice tech now from Atlantis and from the Asgard, so it almost seems that if the Lucian alliance would decide to attack earth, it wouldn’t really be as big of a threat as everyone is acting like in SGU. Anyway, whats your take on this?”

Answer: Alliances. Season 2.

Before, Mallozzi had only hinted that "something big" would be happening back on Earth in this episode. He didn't mention the Lucian Alliance or their previously revealed plans for attacking Earth, so we could only speculate that the attack might happen here. Now it looks like we've got confirmation, which will probably warrant some modification to our plans for "Return to Pegasus." Maybe we could have "Return to Pegasus, Part 1" straddling the time period from before "Alliances" (SGU ep. 213) to shortly after "Seizure" (SGU ep. 215), depending on what we learn about Atlantis's status in those episodes.

Spoiler:
            Furling also writes: “What happened with Tria (Aurora-class battleship from ‘The Return’)? Is it left between galaxies?”

Answer: Yes, still there.

Hmm. Is it just me, or does anyone else think we ought to go get the Tria and have McKay and Zelenka refurb it so Team Atlantis can use it in upcoming battles? I don't know if they'd have it operational in time for the battle against the Wraith armada in "Return to Pegasus, Part 2," but it could still be used in future episodes.

Your thoughts?
            As for the Lucian Alliance, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what plays out.

Now the Tria thing is very interesting... I'd forgotten about that. I totally think we should bring that in somehow. (I hate it when they don't take advantage of good (and extremely useful!) items or plot threads. Even if we don't actually implement its use this season, that could be something that hovers in the background - occasionally make references to the progress on it and things like: "Where's Zelenka?" "He's on the West Pier working on the Tria." or something like that and then we have it completed or nearing completion by the time we reach the season finale with our new enemies. Since we're cutting them off from Earth again, it might be nice to have that little advantage to use for Season 7. Or maybe it's too much of an advantage... Hmmm...
            sigpic
            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

School OT
              Spoiler:
              well college offically started back up for me today. I'll still be on just not as i was like a month ago.

Comment

regarding the tria (if they do get it operational) who's going to command it?
                Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 18 January 2011, 08:23 AM.

Comment

That's a very good question. How about Lorne? He needs something more to do.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

but he's atlantis's version of Colonel Reynolds. he always backs up John and his team. i guess if you want to back someone up might as well do in a big honkin ancient battleship.

Comment

Little question. I'm watching "Intruder" on tv (no need to say I squee during the coffee scene and during the entire episode lol) and I have a question. Is there a fic somewhere on the net, where Simon decided to follow Elizabeth? If it's the case, I would love a link, please. If not, I'm in the mood of a fic where John is jealous so maybe you know other fics. Thank you.

SR: And yes definitively Lorne
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

also i hope the travelers don't try to take this one. after all McKay and Daniel Jackson inadvertnly and accidentally blew up their ancient battleship when they activated the attero device.

Comment

I should be in class but I'm not... I really didn't want to drive an hour for something I can do at home just as well, thank you... so instead... MEME-TIME!!

I'll do my homework in a bit, I promise.

Spoiler:
                          Day 18: Favorite side character
                          Day 19: Most annoying side character
                          Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!
                          Day 21: Best quote
                          Day 22: Worst quote
                          Day 23: Saddest character death
                          Day 24: Favorite in-show lingo
                          Day 25: Favorite kiss
                          Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
                          Day 27: Funniest screen cap
                          Day 28: Favorite enemy
                          Day 29: Least favorite enemy
                          Day 30: One thing you would change
                          Day 31: How it should have ended

Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)

I really liked Ford, and I really like Ronon. They both brought a different kind of dynamic to the team and I liked it both ways. So, I simply can't choose between one or the other.

However, as far as choosing between Carter and Weir goes, that's very simple -> Weir of course.

I was against the coming of Carter since the beginning and I absolutely didn't like her there at all throughout the whole of season 4 (It should have been Weir to tell the city Kate had died.)... If you should browse ff.net you may come across a fic I wrote to vent off my steam that stars Carter in a few ... err... not so very good situations.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Spoiler:
                            Day 18: Favorite side character
                            Day 19: Most annoying side character
                            Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!
                            Day 21: Best quote
                            Day 22: Worst quote
                            Day 23: Saddest character death
                            Day 24: Favorite in-show lingo
                            Day 25: Favorite kiss
                            Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
                            Day 27: Funniest screen cap
                            Day 28: Favorite enemy
                            Day 29: Least favorite enemy
                            Day 30: One thing you would change
                            Day 31: How it should have ended

Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)
                            This one I have an opinion on!

I love both Ford and Ronon, I really do but I honestly think Ronon is better for the team than Ford. Ford was great and like a little brother to Shep but Ronon is better at covering Shep's back.

WEIR!!!!! I was SO not happy when they took Weir off. That's why all my fics are going to have her still as the leader.

It's very much
                            Spoiler:
                            Like Adam's (from Mythbusters) shirt says "I reject your reality and insert my own."

sigpic
                            Coming January 2017

Comment

Watching 'Suspcion' Caught a sparky moment:

It was so cute when John asked if Elizabeth needed anything! Especially since he had a shy face!
                              BALCONIES
                              The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                                As for the Lucian Alliance, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what plays out.

Now the Tria thing is very interesting... I'd forgotten about that. I totally think we should bring that in somehow. (I hate it when they don't take advantage of good (and extremely useful!) items or plot threads. Even if we don't actually implement its use this season, that could be something that hovers in the background - occasionally make references to the progress on it and things like: "Where's Zelenka?" "He's on the West Pier working on the Tria." or something like that and then we have it completed or nearing completion by the time we reach the season finale with our new enemies. Since we're cutting them off from Earth again, it might be nice to have that little advantage to use for Season 7. Or maybe it's too much of an advantage... Hmmm...
                                Hmm, come to think of it, wasn't the only thing that was really wrong with the Tria the fact that its hyperdrive blew out while they were on the way to Earth? (possibly caused by battle damage) Are ships like the Daedalus capable of actually towing another ship somewhere? Could they even bring the Tria to Atlantis for the hyperdrive to be fixed there, or would they have to have a rotation of repair teams going back and forth until they could get the hyperdrive fixed? Of course, now that Earth has the Asgard's bequest of technology, maybe the repairs could be done faster...

Too much of an advantage? Perhaps. I'd hate to have the Tria go down against our new Big Baddies at the end of the season, though.

Lorne's a possibility. We could even work it so that Earth sends them additional personnel to deal with the Tria (who could get trapped on the Pegasus side at the end of the season).

also i hope the travelers don't try to take this one. after all McKay and Daniel Jackson inadvertnly and accidentally blew up their ancient battleship when they activated the attero device.
                                Law of Finders Keepers.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X