No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the picture of him sitting on the table The eyes he has for her there! Thanks Tori!
    BALCONIES
    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
      http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o121/Torri_012/Sparky/critical_mass978.jpg

I love the picture of him sitting on the table The eyes he has for her there! Thanks Tori!
      i'd love to call the look 'smitten' but sadly its not he looks a bit like he's waiting for her to do/say something though

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
        i'd love to call the look 'smitten' but sadly its not he looks a bit like he's waiting for her to do/say something though
        Cause he wants to hear her voice!
        BALCONIES
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          I feel the same way and because of that I will never be able to objectively discuss the Simon/Elizabeth situation. I realize she is not perfect and wish they had been able to show more of her human side on the show. But because of all the non-ending unreasonable hatred of her for so long, I have a hard time being the least bit critical of her. Illogical on my part, but there it is.
          I was afraid I was the only one! Let's be illogical together! *clings desperately*
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Cause he wants to hear her voice!
            kinda looks like he upset her and she's ignoring him...

elizabeth?
            no john.
            oh com'on lizbeth
            no john. you said enough. now go away and leave me be
            lizaaabeeeth....
            *ignores him*

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
              One thing I just kind of assumed was Elizabeth didn't have time to go deal with Simon face to face. She was one of the main people in charge of putting the expedition together, plus she didn't have permission to tell him what was really going on. I know, you're thinking how long does it take to go talk to the man anyway? But when you're the top person in charge of something this important, you're the the one who sacrifices, while in this case all the others got to go home and say goodbye to their families.

Was it a crappy way to tell him? Yeah. Was she taking the easy way out? I don't know. She never struck me as the type to do that. Maybe she was just handling it the best way she could in the time allowed her.

However you choose to look at the situation, what it came down to for me is that she does her best, but she's only human. It makes it easier for me to relate to her. I know there are certain relationship issues I could have handled better over the years, although not on this scale.
              That's a good point about whether or not Elizabeth even had the time, what with being in charge of all the planning and preparation for the expedition. Simon may have had his own scheduling problems, as he had his medical practice and patients to see to. It's possible neither one of them had enough time where they could sit down together and have the lengthy discussion they should have had. Who knows?
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

kinda looks like he upset her and she's ignoring him...

elizabeth?
                no john.
                oh com'on lizbeth
                no john. you said enough. now go away and leave me be
                lizaaabeeeth....
                *ignores him*
                Reminds me of my smut fic where Elizabeth tortures teases him
                BALCONIES
                sigpic

Comment

thank you of course, just tell me what you want (& maybe the pic) and i'll see what i can come up with

right, one more for today ... i'm in a good mood

I love it! Especially the picture of Elizabeth.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Reminds me of my smut fic where Elizabeth tortures teases him
                    link link link

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    I love it! Especially the picture of Elizabeth.
                    thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      I was afraid I was the only one! Let's be illogical together! *clings desperately*
                      *holds on tight*

Logic has no place in shipping.

That said, we here in the Sparky thread pride ourselves on being able to step aside from shipping on occasion and see things very clearly and realistically. Darn it.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        That's a good point about whether or not Elizabeth even had the time, what with being in charge of all the planning and preparation for the expedition. Simon may have had his own scheduling problems, as he had his medical practice and patients to see to. It's possible neither one of them had enough time where they could sit down together and have the lengthy discussion they should have had. Who knows?
                        Also, wasn't there supposedly a cut scene that had her having a farewell dinner with her family (her mother & Simon I'd guess)? I see the recording as her letting him know the details if he was granted clearance. I'd always assumed she'd seen or at least talked to him before she left, just had to hedge about what she was doing ("Not sure how long I'll be gone. The whole things's classified.").
                        DDC

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          *holds on tight*

Logic has no place in shipping.

That said, we here in the Sparky thread pride ourselves on being able to step aside from shipping on occasion and see things very clearly and realistically. Darn it.
                          Ok I thought it was just me. I'm insanely protective of Elizabeth. Some of the hate I've seen... Yikes!! I have since retreated back into the safe places. I'm glad you guys are out there!!

That being said, I agree with others that she wasn't blameless in that situation. Then Simon was rude to string her along in Intruder. But, like others have said, they're both human.

Comment

I just bought the season 3 DVDs. I can't believe every episode has a commentary EXCEPT for The Real World. Fail PTB! Very much FAIL!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Ok I thought it was just me. I'm insanely protective of Elizabeth. Some of the hate I've seen... Yikes!! I have since retreated back into the safe places. I'm glad you guys are out there!!

That being said, I agree with others that she wasn't blameless in that situation. Then Simon was rude to string her along in Intruder. But, like others have said, they're both human.
                              That first part is a "well duh" situation. Of course she had talked to him. The scenes with Ford and Carson imply that their families knew they were going far away but didn't have details. Otherwise why have a goodbye dinner. And I'm sure the writers thought 3 goodbye dinners would be unnecessary. I guess they overestimated the intelligence of some viewers. LOL

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              I just bought the season 3 DVDs. I can't believe every episode has a commentary EXCEPT for The Real World. Fail PTB! Very much FAIL!
                              I had the same reaction. There's also not one of GitM in S5. Sigh.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I will be the annoying girl here but don't start with the commentary.lol In France, we don't have commentaries for the season 1 (except 4 episodes and without subtitle) and season 5 doesn't have subtitle.
                                I still want to hear the one with Torri and Rachel. grrrr
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X