Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Such shorts however are unfortunately not very protecting when crawling around dusty ruins. You never know what protruding rock is going to kill those shiny legs or what creepy animal is going to attach itself to your calfs.
    I agree with that. Doesn't even have to be a scary and big, a tick is enough to spoil the fun...

Originally posted by polomare View Post
    Hi Everyone
    Newbie lurker here.
    Welcome on the thread!

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      I'm guessing you're not serious , but just as a point of interest, apparently somewhere in the episode commentaries Martin Gero did say that they were working on bringing Daniel on as a regular in S6, if they hadn't gotten canceled. Not sure exactly how that would have worked, but anyway.
      Nah, wasn't really serious... though it might have been fun to have him come on in a guest appearance if it worked with the story.

Yeah, I heard about Gero's comment on getting Daniel as a regular for S6... gah. On the one hand, I can kind of understand it, as Daniel did always want to go to Atlantis on a longer term basis, and once the Goa'uld and the Ori had been dealt with, there no longer was that immediate need for him to stay on Earth, but on the other hand... Elizabeth is supposed to be Atlantis's linguistic geek, damnit.

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
      I agree with that. Doesn't even have to be a scary and big, a tick is enough to spoil the fun...
      True...
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Wow, you guys have been busy while I was wandering around NYC and enjoying a concert in Central Park.

Polomare, welcome to the thread. You want to read extra TLG? This is the TLG part of my missing moments fic:

Spoiler:

(after "Elizabeth" asks John to do Phebus a favor)
        John looked suspiciously at Elizabeth and then turned to the others in the room. "Would you guys mind giving us a moment?"
        While the others started to leave, Caldwell stood ground. "I do mind, actually. We still don't know how dangerous Phebus is and if that's truly Doctor Weir we're talking to."
        "Colonel, I can assure you..." Elizabeth started, but John shut her up by raising his hand.
        "I know we can't be certain of the fact that's it really Elizabeth. But if she attacks me... I'm quite sure I'll be able to handle her."
        Caldwell gave him a look. "Fine, but it's on your responsibility."
        "Fine." John said.
        With Caldwell gone, John turned to Elizabeth. "Ok, what's going on?"
        Elizabeth gave him a smile. "It's amazing, John. She can't wait to see if it's her husband in the other pod. The love she feels for him..."
        "Wait..." John said as he started to pace. "Let me guess... she wants me to absorb her husband, like you did with her, right?"
        "Yes." Elizabeth nodded enthusiastically.
        John eyed her suspiciously again. "Why are you so compliant about it?"
        "Like I said... the love she feels for him..."
        "Yeah, yeah... but why me?"
        "She knows about us." Elizabeth explained like it was the most normal thing in the world.
        "How does she..."
        Elizabeth looked enthusiastically again. "The merge with her is completely different from what Rodney went through with Lieutenant Cadman. I know everything about Phebus that you can possibly imagine and she knows everything there is to know about me."
        "Everything?"
        She nodded.
        "Does that include our command codes?"
        "I guess so."
        "Elizabeth..." John said exhasperated.
        "John, all she wants to do is say a final goodbye to her husband. That's all she's interested in. And besides the imprint will wear off in a couple of hours and I can take over from her whenever I wish. What harm could she possibly do?"
        John let out a sigh. "I still don't like it."
        She gave him a supportive smile. "I know you don't. But I also know that deep down inside you're just as much a hopeless romantic as I am and I know you want to give them a chance for a final goodbye."
        He gave her a pointed look, but finally caved in. "Fine, I'll do it. But you owe me a romantic dinner after this... without alien entities."
        "Deal." She said with a smile that slightly unsettled him. Something still felt wrong about this whole situation.

(after the ep in the infirmary)
        John let out a sigh. “I think we’re now officially back in the rumor mill.”
        “Do you think we were ever out of the rumor mill?”
        He gave her a look. “Good point.”
        “We’re gonna be hearing about this for a long time, aren’t we?” She sighed and pushed herself deeper into her pillow again.
        “Yeah, I’m pretty sure we are.”
        “I just hope the SGC and the IOA won’t take the rumors too seriously.”
        “You and me both.” John agreed.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
          yes...all of that...very cute!

*ahem* Shore Leave report (I forgot a lot of stuff....and um don't slip on the squee....)
          Read and commented. See you there next year.

Originally posted by polomare View Post
          Hi Everyone
          Newbie lurker here.
          Sorry to pull you away from your current discussion, but I just wanted to intro myself quickly and make a request
          I've been a huge fan of Stargate since the original movie, but I've only recently re-discovered Atlantis. I saw a few random eps when it originally aired, but it never really hooked me for some reason. A friend of mine is an Amanda Tapping fan, so she sent me all the Carter eps to watch and after watching those I just had to go back to the beginning and see it from the start!

I'm watching Atlantis in it's proper order now and I just got to see The Long Goodbye for the very first time a few days ago and I must say I am in awe of the *hotness* of the John/Elizabeth relationship!

I'm thrilled to find this thread Even though I am intimidated by it's sheer size o.O`
          Can anybody please recommend their favorite Long Goodbye fanfic? An episode tag, rewrite, epilogue, sequel, or whatever. Long or short, doesn't matter. I'm up for anything

LG strikes me as an ep that would lead to some great stories.

Please feed me. I'm hungry for fanfic.
          Welcome. I don't have any fics to add but we're all glad you're here. And I find it interesting that you started with S4 but still see Sparky. Can you tell us when and how you realized they belonged together?
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hello Polomare! Welcome!

SK, LOVE the uniform idea! How Indiana Jones!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            I has an inspirational fanmix post! Okay, I has the song listing, I still need to burn it, and listen to it a bit to see how it works out. I tried to concentrate one the feeling of binding them all back together; I ahve few songs related to specific characters, songs related to themes we'll be dealing with... anyhow without further ado, here's the trackislitng:

Spoiler:
            1. Recowering the satellites - Counting Crowes
            2. Viva la vida - Coldplay
            3. One - U2
            4. Enter Sandman - Metallica (this is obviously for John's mind - whump ep *g* And yes, eri, this is all our fault.)
            5. Every rose has its torn - poison (think of it as an Elizabeth related song ... sort of, without implying any shippyness yet. I just thinks he's been through a lot, and will be through a lot and this song reflects that)
            6. Wish you were here - Pink Floyd (can be applied to multiple characters and situations)
            7. Take back the city - Snow Patrol (self explanatory title)
            8. Soon, love soon - Vienna Teng (it's about hope, and I feel this sound - mix needs a little hope in it. This is also a hopeful season, at least for me, because we've set out to fix bunch of bad things)
            9. Learning to fly - Pink Floyd (because it symbolizes freedom and new perspectives, at least to me )
            10. Blood Brothers - Bruce Springsteen (it's the best song about friendship I know. )
            11. The book of my life - Sting (in my head, this is definitely for John, but I think it suits others too, because we'll let several characters contemplate their lives. Teyla in Box of Dreams, for example)
            12. The man comes around - Johnny Cash (because there has to be a Cash - song on this, and because we're sending them into unknown at the end of the season, and because it's a song about courage, and apocalypse and things larger than life. And I love it. So. )
            13. All these things that I've done - The Killers (a song about finding the inner strength again)
            14. Ice Queen - Within Temptation (it's for Elizabeth and her arc. It sounds really powerful, carries a punch and I think a song like that suits our planned storylines)
            15. Heartbeats - Jose Gonzales (a quiet, contemplative song)
            16. If I should fall behind - Bruce Springsteen (think of it as of 'don't leave me behind', said in a song. )
            'Nuna, I LOVE you've included Metallica AND Vienna Tang in this! Love Love! <3
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Tangled Headwires, by Pooh.
              Summary: Elizabeth and John get trapped by a cave-in caused by Ancient technology gone wonky. Mild whump and fluffiness ensue.
              This is AWESOME!!! I just read Part 1 and I believe this is the best way Elizabeth and John have been written by someone, up to now. Exactly as I remembered them on screen.
              Gosh, I wish this person -instead of JG- could write the Atlantis books.

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                This is AWESOME!!! I just read Part 1 and I believe this is the best way Elizabeth and John have been written by someone, up to now. Exactly as I remembered them on screen.
                I agree--I loved this fic. She was spot on with her characterizations of the two of them. John especially was done really well--I liked she kept him balanced between awkward and playful. It was so pre-S4 John. Thanks for the rec, SK!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                  I agree--I loved this fic. She was spot on with her characterizations of the two of them. John especially was done really well--I liked she kept him balanced between awkward and playful. It was so pre-S4 John. Thanks for the rec, SK!
                  I guess I am the only person who fails every single time to read it through. :/
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Yeah, she was also the one who did Zero Point Snark back in the day. If you haven't read any of these, you've missed out. Warning for language and general snark and bashing of at least one main character.

She also wrote Pattern Recognition which is one of my favorite Sparky fics.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

SK, LOVE the uniform idea! How Indiana Jones!
                      And John's already got the leather jacket; now all we need is to give him a fedora and a whip.

I wish any of us was writing the Atlantis books instead! But hey, we've got Atlantis Rising, and it's gonna kick ass!

You're welcome! It's one of my faves. But then, telepathic!Sparky is one of my kinks, so...

I guess I am the only person who fails every single time to read it through. :/
                      Awwww! Would it help if I told you that they get to kiss?

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Yeah, she was also the one who did Zero Point Snark back in the day. If you haven't read any of these, you've missed out. Warning for language and general snark and bashing of at least one main character.

I haven't read Pattern Recognition in a while, I'll have to go remedy that. And seconding the rec on checking out Zero Point Snark. It should be required reading for every Sparky fan.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

@ SK - i know they kiss. I skipped to that part, read it, it didn't do much for me, just as the rest of the fic. I dropped Pattern Recognition even faster than Tangled Headwires first time around. Second time around I did read it but it took serious effort. I guess it's just not my kind of fic.

I feel superbly crappy today. Sorry guys. Squee on. I better not harsh your squee.
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

Ah, the ZPS author! That's who it is? I hightail it there when I'm feeling way down. Love that stuff. I'll have to check out PR.

Comment

@ SK - i know they kiss. I skipped to that part, read it, it didn't do much for me, just as the rest of the fic. I dropped Pattern Recognition even faster than Tangled Headwires first time around. Second time around I did read it but it took serious effort. I guess it's just not my kind of fic.

I feel superbly crappy today. Sorry guys. Squee on. I better not harsh your squee.
                            Awww... *hugs*

Ah, the ZPS author! That's who it is? I hightail it there when I'm feeling way down. Love that stuff. I'll have to check out PR.
                            I'm reacquainting myself with ZPS as we speak. ZOMFG.

Comment

Thanks for all the recs guys!!
                              They'll keep me busy during all the rainy periods here.

Sig by me

Comment

I wish we had some rain here. All we've got is hot and sunny!

Comment

Working...
                                X