Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
    Does this mean you will adopt a pug, start a blog, and photograph your favourite restaurant dishes?
    Drop the pug, insert a lemming... and then she can ask Claire for advice on how to keep it at bay.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I actually just wrote about this on another thread. I completely agree -- with an ensemble cast, mythology, and a whole galaxy to expand I always thought Atlantis was disadvantaged as an episodic series. (Or semi-episodic, when the writers wanted it that way.) It was something that always troubled me, as I had always been used to watching serialized shows. (I kept thinking, at least carry that over to the next episode! Admittedly, it was something I tried to learn to live with until late season 3.)
      Fortunately, we've buried the episodic line of thinking in a deep, dark hole where it belongs, and have brought Stargate into the realm of modern television writing.

*hugs back* Me? Objective cool head? I've never been described as that before, but thanks.
      You're a voice of sanity in the jungle out there.

Does this mean you will adopt a pug, start a blog, and photograph your favourite restaurant dishes?
      *cracks up*

Though I've considered blogging about wine...

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Yays! I actually thought about photographing my food. But frozen pizza on trays in front of the TV can't measure up to the epicurean delights some people enjoy. But I'm going on vacay in a week or so. Maybe I'll start talking about that and taking votes on what perfume cologne I should take along. *snickers*
      Bwahahahah!

My AA Probie will be handling things in my absence. You'll enjoy her. She's French and wants to be my adopted daughter. She claims I beat her but don't listen to any of that. She tends to exaggerate a bit. Right now she's taking time off to celebrate Probie birthday week and I've had to answer my own phone and make my own coffee. Except for that time David Hewlett dropped by with Starbucks and stayed to chat about the progress we're making with outfitting his trailer with all hypoallergenic furniture, everything has been quiet. Oh, and the calls from Picardo with suggestions for his operatic number have lessened also. Jason is busy bulking up for the Conan gig and the ladies are having a spa day. There was a short text from Joe, something about mud in his back yard so we must pray for the weather to clear in Malibu. All in all things seem right on track for another productive week.
      Sadly, Joe's going to need more sandbags, as there's another storm predicted to come in around Thursday of next week. However, he's delighted with the fact that with all the rain lately, the bees will no longer be eating their own honey.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Drop the pug, insert a lemming... and then she can ask Claire for advice on how to keep it at bay.
      A strategically-placed row of saucers filled with sugar arranged outside the office door would be a good start.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        There are lots of squirrels on my deck. Can we adopt them? Also a couple of chipmunks and a ton of birds. But dressing them up in little outfits may be a problem. Hello costume dept? Any ideas?
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          A strategically-placed row of saucers filled with sugar arranged outside the office door would be a good start.
          A very good start...

There are lots of squirrels on my deck. Can we adopt them? Also a couple of chipmunks and a ton of birds. But dressing them up in little outfits may be a problem. Hello costume dept? Any ideas?
          *has visual*

Comment

*joins FH in cracking up at the very Cinderella-like image of little woodland creatures all dressed up in teeny little shirts and hats*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*joins FH in cracking up at the very Cinderella-like image of little woodland creatures all dressed up in teeny little shirts and hats*
              Banging on the door to be let in out of the snow. *slaps knee*
              sigpic

Comment

Banging on the door to be let in out of the snow. *slaps knee*
                *opens door and hands SR a mug of hot chocolate*

Comment

I really can't come up with an appropriate return-greeting , but here I go anyways: hello again, Sparky/Anti-fans/cohorts.

I wish I could come up with a completely legitimate excuse, but the best I could say is this: my computer broke (well, got infected with spyware and viruses). I couldn't access GW from school, and it's too much of hassle to go to library. Also, I got caught up with school and work. I finally got a (crappy) laptop (dating back to 1998!), but at least it runs fine, for the most part, around September, but held off coming to GW.

For one, I thought I needed a legitimate break from fandom; a detox of sorts, if you will. Secondly, I was under the impression that no one would actually still be here/discussing ideas. As much as I hate the show's direction for a large part, I love the concept of this show dearly and the full potential of the cast and characters. I'm still probably not going to be hanging around as much as I used to (seeing the show is over and I don't watch SGU -- I've decided I'm better off not going into that).

So hi, again. (:

(eww, I hate this new font)
                  OMG REIKO! *TACKLE HUG* I've thought about you a ton, especially when I run through the older threads and see your comments! We've missed you!

Ohhh yes, Atlantis was always more suited to a serialized format with its larger cast and broader story ideas. We're gonna play it to the hilt.

Hmm, it might be easier to be on LJ, at least on a limited basis, as we're using it as a sort of central hub for organizing and refining all the ideas we've been talking about here. We're actually in no rush to get the episodes completed, we want to take our time and make sure we've got everything set right before we put fingers to keys to start writing, so you've certainly got some time to get your LJ in order, if you like.

I'm not sure about the format; I think Eri13 was suggesting script format to help complete the look and feel of this being an actual television production.
                  The format is written, but episodic. I've been thinking about that recently, and we'll have to set up guidelines to a degree--not limiting style, but set-up, perhaps, so it'll have an 'episode' feel. But we won't put limits on a writer's ability to tell that story cuz that's not cool.

But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it--we've got a whiles to go.

Alright! I'm going to update our episode comm, but basically, we can open a bottle of Champagne--our episode list is FINISHED! Now we're going to have to hammer out details and continuity, along with writers, but one thing down!
                  Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                    OMG REIKO! *TACKLE HUG* I've thought about you a ton, especially when I run through the older threads and see your comments! We've missed you!

The format is written, but episodic. I've been thinking about that recently, and we'll have to set up guidelines to a degree--not limiting style, but set-up, perhaps, so it'll have an 'episode' feel. But we won't put limits on a writer's ability to tell that story cuz that's not cool.

But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it--we've got a whiles to go.

Alright! I'm going to update our episode comm, but basically, we can open a bottle of Champagne--our episode list is FINISHED! Now we're going to have to hammer out details and continuity, along with writers, but one thing down!
                    *chugs hot chocolate and reaches for champagne* Woo hoo! We have really gotten a lot done.
                    sigpic

Comment

*chugs hot chocolate and reaches for champagne* Woo hoo! We have really gotten a lot done.
                      We have! And I just get more and more excited thinking about it. Wait until you see the final episode list, I think people are really going to get excited.

Comment

I'm ALREADY excited!
                        To celebrate, I'll have pizza with mayonnaise right now

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                          I'm ALREADY excited!
                          To celebrate, I'll have pizza with mayonnaise right now
                          Pizza with mayonnaise? No, seriously. Pizza. With mayonnaise.
                          sigpic

Comment

Pizza with mayonnaise? No, seriously. Pizza. With mayonnaise.
                            Seriously! I have the bad habit to put things together that don't belong together and eat them ... and, actually, enjoy them!

Comment

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, MAY I PRESENT...

http://community.livejournal.com/sparky_season_6

Our completed Episode list and updated journal!!!

We are finished in our brainstorming--now we have to move on to writers for all the episodes and developing these further.

Bolded episodes indicate episodes that have official titles. Everything else is a working title. I love coming up with Titles, so I figure this can be a fun game for the forum--what should some of these episodes be called?

If you're interesting in writing or co-writing one of these episodes, let me know.

I think we should work slow towards the actual writing of these. Let's hammer everything out, slowly, add suggestions and comments so the writers have a full palate of understanding when they head into writing their episodes. I feel like we all need to know what's going to be outlined in every episode leading up to every episode, so we're all connected.

I would like to volunteer to write "The Lost City" if I can have a co-writer. (SK, are you game?) I have an idea for the final enemy--

- Name: The Vanu (don't ask me where that came from, I literally dreamed it up).
                              - Power: The Vanu are an incredibly powerful race with astonishing telepathic abilities. I'm talking on an unbelievable scale. They siege by mentally debilitating their enemies (think people writhing on the ground screaming from mental pain), then destroying them with either mental weapons or their ship weapons. NOTE TO SG-1 PEOPLE: HAS THIS TYPE OF ENEMY BEEN ENCOUNTERED BEFORE???
                              - Why have the Vanu never attacked anyone before? Twofold: 1) their mental weapons don't work on everyone--the Ancient gene blocks it (hence John isn't affected, neither is half of Atlantis) and 2) it doesn't work on the Wraith, either. So they never wanted to take on the Wraith. (Or the Ori, since they too would be immune) But with the Wraith almost destroyed (and the Irati capable of succumbing) the chance for domination is theirs!
                              - They, like the Wraith, are an evolved Ancient experiment on telepaths
                              - Elizabeth is immune because of her nanites.
                              - Their mental ability does leave them one weakness--a strong telepathic link is required for them to effect an incredibly powerful mental attack. If they're all connected, they can all be taken down (which is how our guys get away next season).

What do you guys think?

Comment

Nothing of the sort has been done in SG1.

Comment

Working...
                                X