Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
    Just popping in to drop off a present....a very late Sparky Christmas fic.

Thanks to drewandian for being my beta on this....

Here it is on fanfiction.net :
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5638303/...arky_Christmas

And, here it is on command dynamics if you prefer that:
    http://www.sheppardweir.com/fanfics/...y.php?sid=1635

ENJOY!
    That was fluffier than five (or is it seven) minute frosting!

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
    *giggles* Thanks. I feel very honored.

-

We are officially obsessed with John/Elizabeth
    Spoiler:
    1. when someone posts a pic with ice sculpture and we all see Sparky in it.
    2. .....when I see my boss and I wonder what he would think if I give him a hug.
    3. when every new song I hear turns into a Sparky fanmix in my head...
    4. When I look in a catalog at this year's collection of UGG boots and imagine John getting Elizabeth a pair of them for Christmas...
    5. When your XBOX gamer tag is Sparky4evr...
    6. When upon receiving your free copy of SIMS3, your first thought is "Oh, I can make Elizabeth and John and make them fall in love, get married and make Sparky bebbies!"
    7. When you write oodles of fanfiction fixing the mess on the show so that you can get John and Elizabeth together.
    8. When 98.9% of your sketchbook is filled with drawings of either Sparky or their kids.
    9. When you buy the John and Elizabeth action figures just to put them in... 'compromising positions.'
    10. When the majority of your conversations with your friends inevitably mention Sparky in some form or another
    11. When you look on various websites for mixed drinks for a "Sparky" cocktail. And find one.
    12. when you see the words sparky or John and Elizabeth in the same sentence.
    13. When you are reading a book about firetrucks to your kids and can't help but grin like an idiot when you read that the fire dog's name is...yup...you guessed it...SPARKY!
    14. When you name one of your hair colour mixes "Sparky Red".
    15. When your computer is a veritable shrine to Sparky: wallpaper, folders full of pics, artwork, more wallpapers, fanfics...
    16. When you drive by the local marina and giggle knowingly at a yacht named 'Sparky.'
    17. When you've worked out the only difference between your ex-principle and Elizabeth is that your principle doesn't have a Sedge, and you try to work out who John is.
    18. All of your favorite songs end up in your sparky fanfics, either as titles or quotes.
    19. When you read other couples fanfiction and substitute John and Liz to see if it would work.
    20. You read the Sparky Thread in the mornings instead of the news paper.
    21. You print out Sparky fanfiction so you can read it away from your computer.
    22. When this morning, you receive a call of Elizabeth from Atlantis and you can't stop smiling and imagine that there is maybe a John with her. But it was not the real Atlantis but just a name of a company and Elizabeth was the customer. (This is the second time this has happened)
    23. You see a carnival with a ferris wheel and you immediately think of John taking Elizabeth for a ride.
    24. Whenever you hear something else named Atlantis (Space Shuttles, Space Stations, ships, hotels, mythology) and you immediately make John & Elizabeth a part of the story.
    25. When every time you see a couple with UST in another show, you think that Joe and Torri could do it better.
    26. When asked what you would ask for if someone gave you a present and money wasn't an object, you immediately think of buying the rights to the franchise and making a movie so John and Elizabeth could get together.
    27. You wished you could've been at the Fourth of July parade where David Hewlett and his wife cosplayed as John and Elizabeth to see them in person.
    28. Red and black become your new favorite colors.
    29. While watching your most favorite Christmas movie of all time, you can't help but wanna see John and Elizabeth in the big, romantic dance scene instead of the actual characters
    30. You see kids playing with a dog that looks like Sedge and wonder if the kids are John and Elizabeth's.
    31. you see a copy of war and peace and you wonder if john has a picture of elizabeth in it. or they read it together and wrote notes on the side to discuss the current chapter they are one.
    32. Every time Joe or Torri guest stars in something other than SGA, you keep hoping to hear their characters give a closet Sparky mention.
    33....at night when you "daydream" about potential Sparky fic ideas as you drift off to sleep....hoping for good sparky dreams..
    34......when you have Sparky dreams more than 1 night a week....
    35. When you're secretly pleased by the fact that your hair color is caught somewhere in the middle between John and Elizabeth's.
    36. When you write Sparky fanfic anywhere, even in a doctor's waiting room.
    37. When while buying your Christmas tree you wonder if John and Elizabeth would have a live or artificial one and picture them arguing about it.
    38. When you're at a spin class, doing sprints, look down, see your seat is on the "E" setting and wonder "I wonder if John and/or Elizabeth would do this to keep in shape?"
    39. when you see a couple of young kids and the girl gives the boy a hug and the boy is shocked and you wonder if john and elizabeth did that if they ever met as kids.
    40. When you keep thinking about John and Elizabeth's favorite foods and you get the idea of doing an Atlantis cookbook. true story
    41. When you have a plan to break your tv (without your parents suspect you, of course) just to see eyes/sex in good quality
    42. When the first thing you think of when your TV dies is how much better Sparky will look on a new one.
    43. When the first thing you watch on your new HDTV is one of your favorite Sparky episodes.
    44. When you draw pictures of yourself with John and Elizabeth, just cause you love them so much.
    45. When watching the ep "Home", after Elizabeth says something's not 'right' after Simon kisses her, you literally yell at the TV "That's because he's not John!"
    46. You get a tattoo and wonder if John or Elizabeth has one.
    47. You see a pendant that looks kinda-sorta like a stargate, and you think it would make a great present for John to give to Elizabeth.
    48. You see a messy haired baby and think of Sparky babiez.
    49. You begin thinking up new ideas to do 'manips' using them
    50. You hear a song on the radio, and wonder if it would go well with a Sparky vid
    51. You wonder if Elizabeth and John would go clothes shopping together and what kind of goofy fun they could get into
    52. Seeing an ad for Christmas pajamas with candy canes on them makes you think about Sparky and gives you a smutty plot bunny.
    53. Upon getting a Wii for Christmas you and your hubby look at each other and say, at the same time, "We can make John and Elizabeth Mii's"
    54. You go to Disneyland, and while watching the Christmas fireworks show, they start playing 'I'll Be Home For Christmas,' and you think about how John and Lizzie won't be together for Christmas.
    55. You and your fellow Sparkies come up with themes for every day of the week on what to discuss/fic/picspam about John and Elizabeth.
    56. When getting ready for a night out a karaoke, you look at the Sparky Song List and pick songs from there to sing.
    57. When your friends know your obsession enough to give you an absolutely amazing drawing of John and Elizabeth (that kissing manip I did) for a Christmas present.
    58. And when you scream (really) and sink to the floor in happiness when you open said present.
    59. You check the thread at least once every hour, eagerly awaiting the moment when the thread hits a new post milestone.
    60. You sing "Something to Talk About" at karaoke and almost start to giggle at the line "Stand just a little too close" because it makes you think of Sparky (well...I wanted to giggle at pretty much the whole song...)
    61. All this talk about blizzards and getting snowed in makes you want to read/write some fic about John and Lizzie cooped up in a cozy cabin during a snow storm.
    62. You name the various components of your computer setup for Atlantis and Sparky.
    63. Even baking chocolate/peanut butter cookies reminds you of Sparky.
    64. You've got a cold and all you can think of is how John would pamper Lizzie whenever she gets sick.
    65. You come onto the Sparky thread and growl when you find that the thread has been pushed back to PAGE TWO?!?!
    66. When you can't wait to check the thread on Christmas and wish your fellow Sparkies a Merry Sparky Christmas
    67. When yous pend hours on YIM chatting about Sparky and fic writing with your fellow shippers.
    68. When you raise a toast to Sparky on New Year's Eve.
    69. The Sparky thread is discussing Lifeline and its references to The Matrix films, and when a cable channel airs the entire Matrix trilogy the next day, you have to watch the entire frakin' thing just to see if there were any references you missed.
    70. ...When you watch the opening sequence of the new star trek movie and you wonder if John Sheppard would sacrifice himself for Elizabeth and their son like George Kirk did for Winona and James.

71. When you are unable to watch the new Disney movie 'Princess and the Frog' or 'The Little Mermaid 2' without being reminded of Sparky.

(I have an adorable four year old cousin and she likes watching movies.)
    Anuna made sparky video using my pledge class serenade song "Kiss the Girl." I accidentally found it when trying to show my (fraternity) little bro what my pledge class serenade song was. I think they ended up doing "A Whole New World" or "Build Me Up Buttercup." Just imagine a bunch of guys in suits singing for you

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Why didn't I think of that. But my hair isn't red enough to qualify as truly Sparky. Plus it's a combo of red/blonde/brown. But it does stick up in the mornings. So maybe I'll call it Sheppard Red.

Sparky Christmas FTW!
    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    EEEEEEEEEE!

My hair does the same stick-up-in-the-morning thing. And considering it's waist-length, that's a pretty neat trick. Hmm, I wonder if that means I've got some alien mutant gene just like John?
    I wake up to a faux-hawk every morning. Stupid bed head. After a shower it goes back to its "stickup-in-the-back-and-one-side-of-the-front" cowlicks.

Night Sparkies! (Only three more till my 36 hours off. Then back to seven more )
    "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
      How's this for confusing: There's both a five-minute frosting and a seven-minute frosting.

Anuna made sparky video using my pledge class serenade song "Kiss the Girl." I accidentally found it when trying to show my (fraternity) little bro what my pledge class serenade song was. I think they ended up doing "A Whole New World" or "Build Me Up Buttercup." Just imagine a bunch of guys in suits singing for you
      *cackles* Just imagine John leading a group of Atlantis's finest warblers in serenading Elizabeth on her balcony.

I wake up to a faux-hawk every morning. Stupid bed head. After a shower it goes back to its "stickup-in-the-back-and-one-side-of-the-front" cowlicks.
      Heehee!

Night Sparkies! (Only three more till my 36 hours off. Then back to seven more )
      Eeep! You can do it!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

My hair does the same stick-up-in-the-morning thing. And considering it's waist-length, that's a pretty neat trick. Hmm, I wonder if that means I've got some alien mutant gene just like John?
        Now, that's a revelation! The ancient gene causes hair to stick up

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
          yay! and you're welcome!
          Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
          I know I reviewed, but I loved it!
          Sparky Christmas FTW!
          EEEEEEEEEE!
          Spoiler:
          SEDGE ON ATLANTIS!!!!! *runs around flailing and squeeing in epic glee* That's so awesome!
          Thanks everyone! So glad you all enjoyed it. I'm glad I finally got it finished! That John is such a thoughtful guy, isn't he?
          sigpic
          Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
            Hmm, that explains why Rodney seems to be trying to make his hair look like John's most of the time. He wants people to think he has the gene naturally. LOL Jealous much?
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Il fait froid Is there snow in France? I tried to watch French children's TV today, but I didn't understand much. Yesterday something was on with an evil red fish that I was able to follow *g*

@SR: Accidents are scary...

So, what does this all have to do with Sparky. *ahem*
              The last night and today, we have a lot of snow here. I was in my sister's house. I had to sleep there because of the snow and the ice on the road. But now I'm back. I saw 2 "small" accidents on the road.
              evil red fish? I don't know it.
              When you will be more comfortable with the French, you should watch "Kaamelott". That will teach you the French expressions and how we (french) speak in real life. It is a comedy show that talks about the legend of Arthur. It's a bit like Monty Python

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
              Just popping in to drop off a present....a very late Sparky Christmas fic.

Thanks to drewandian for being my beta on this....

Here it is on fanfiction.net :
              http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5638303/...arky_Christmas

And, here it is on command dynamics if you prefer that:
              http://www.sheppardweir.com/fanfics/...y.php?sid=1635

ENJOY!
              Love it!
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                Love it!
                Thank you!
                sigpic
                Signature by Erin87

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Yup. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. LOL!

Hmm, that explains why Rodney seems to be trying to make his hair look like John's most of the time. He wants people to think he has the gene naturally. LOL Jealous much?
                  Rodney wishes he was as cool as John. LOL!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Why didn't I think of that. But my hair isn't red enough to qualify as truly Sparky. Plus it's a combo of red/blonde/brown. But it does stick up in the mornings. So maybe I'll call it Sheppard Red.

Sparky Christmas FTW!
                    My nephew's hair does the exact Sheppard thing...quirky cowlick in the back and everything. My Mom and sister have done everything they can to tame it, but when it gets long, it can't be helped. I need to show them a pic of Joe so they can see it and I can prove that it's actually hawt.

Of course, he's six, so I don't know how much use that will be for the next 6-8 years or so.

SR, loved the story.

SMB, I reviewed yours on FF.net--loved it!

I'm coming down off the holiday high and I feel really tired. I need to get back into some kind of a normal schedule...
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Hey everyone - I think I am back to semi normalcy here (is there anything "normal" about my functioning?) and I've missed you. First thing, read SMB's sparky fic!

And speaking of new fics, have you guys read the stories posted over at sparky_santa? Awesome stuff there, go read!
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I won't be normal until tomorrow when hubby goes back to work and I'm HOME ALONE. Sorry for the yelling but I'm strangely excited.

We finally got to see Avatar today because I ordered tickets online. It was crowded again today at 11:30 AM. We saw it in IMAX 3D. Wow. Just wow. I looked for Sparky but alas another ship seemed less of a stretch. LOL Earth soldier meets alien chick. Ehhh, old hat. And then we had burgers at Red Robin. Good day.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I won't be normal until tomorrow when hubby goes back to work and I'm HOME ALONE. Sorry for the yelling but I'm strangely excited.

We finally got to see Avatar today because I ordered tickets online. It was crowded again today at 11:30 AM. We saw it in IMAX 3D. Wow. Just wow. I looked for Sparky but alas another ship seemed less of a stretch. LOL Earth soldier meets alien chick. Ehhh, old hat. And then we had burgers at Red Robin. Good day.
                          It was cool--I saw it in 3-D, no IMAX. Sigourney was sort of a mix between Elizabeth/Rodney in it, wasn't she?

I think I've read all the sparky santa fics and they're great! I finished the last batch today--it was a really nice lunch break.

Comment

*groans* Something that's been done to death. *headdesks* Why I am not excited about the movie or the whole wonderous IMAX 3D thing? I'm just not. I prefer old fashioned movies where people do the acting. *sighs*

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

I think I've read all the sparky santa fics and they're great! I finished the last batch today--it was a really nice lunch break.
                            Go you! I still didn't have the chance to read them all. Some of the fics are quite long

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              *groans* Something that's been done to death. *headdesks* Why I am not excited about the movie or the whole wonderous IMAX 3D thing? I'm just not. I prefer old fashioned movies where people do the acting. *sighs*
                              I'm with you--I much prefer traditional movies than the gimmicky stuff, but I have to say that despite all the hype on the technical end, Avatar actually has a really great story as well as some really great performances. My favorite by far was the character played by Zoe Saldana, which is a CGI character, but created through 'green dot' technology, so her facial expressions and actions are very demonstrative. Some of those scenes are jaw-dropping. And Signourney Weaver just rocks.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              Go you! I still didn't have the chance to read them all. Some of the fics are quite long
                              Yesh, hmmm. Long. What crazy writers would do that? *whistles*

Comment

Good night, good sparky people!

Comment

Working...
                                X