Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
    No disrespect to the Men(and Ladies) of Troy. I was just saying USC has the big school atmosphere. I didn't know about the ROTC thing. Thanks for the info.
    No problem.

Come to think of it, I think we can take Stanford out of the running for Shep's alma mater (in spite of his line about Stanford in Outcast) as well, because they've banned ROTC on campus ever since the Vietnam War.

I think Shep would be a cool fraternity bro. He's laid back, friendly, responsible. I wasn't the party all the time kind of stereotypical frat guy. Obviously from my comments above we knew how to cut loose.
    Hmm, I think I'd have to agree with SR that Shep doesn't strike me as a frat guy. Yes, he's quite friendly on the surface and exudes that 'cool' vibe and all, but underneath that, he's very insular, doesn't let people in too far. With the hints we've gotten about his family life, it seems like this has been a long-standing condition with him.

*pets Shep*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      How cruel!!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Nooooo! Don't kill that poor little innocent bunny!

What? I was gonna make plot bunny stew. Oh well. Maybe I'll just ask it politely to leave. Why does this make me think of JF's turkey story? LOL

No problem.

Come to think of it, I think we can take Stanford out of the running for Shep's alma mater (in spite of his line about Stanford in Outcast) as well, because they've banned ROTC on campus ever since the Vietnam War.

Hmm, I think I'd have to agree with SR that Shep doesn't strike me as a frat guy. Yes, he's quite friendly on the surface and exudes that 'cool' vibe and all, but underneath that, he's very insular, doesn't let people in too far. With the hints we've gotten about his family life, it seems like this has been a long-standing condition with him.

*pets Shep*
      I was thinking that too. And I can't see Shep going through all those initiation things. Maybe I have a bit of leftover prejudice from my college days, but the few frat boys I dated were all a bit self absorbed. *iz judgmental*
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I can see why y'all don't think Shep would be a fraternity guy. We tried really hard to buck the "girl chasing, party 24/7, self-absorbed stereotype." I think Shep would dig the pledge stuff we did. The craziest things I had to do was go on a scavenger hunt around Chicago dressed like a crazy fool (It was Halloween, so we fit in) and serenade a bunch of sororities with "Kiss the Girl". (Glares at all y'all laughing) It was fun though.

I relate to the Shep character because we're alot alike. Played sports, took on responsibilities, got along with everybody, but only a few of my really close friends know about real personal stuff. We all kind of just knew when drop stuff.

Now Liz, I don't know if she would be a sorority girl. As much as I would like to Liz at PJ parties and pillow fights, I doubt it's her bag of tricks. But hey, you never know.
        Last edited by pkprd869; 21 June 2009, 12:48 PM.
        "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          What? I was gonna make plot bunny stew. Oh well. Maybe I'll just ask it politely to leave. Why does this make me think of JF's turkey story? LOL
          *dies laughing* OMG, that's just sooo bad, it's good!

I was thinking that too. And I can't see Shep going through all those initiation things. Maybe I have a bit of leftover prejudice from my college days, but the few frat boys I dated were all a bit self absorbed. *iz judgmental*
          Ack. I stayed the heck away from Frat Row. Wasn't interested. Of course, that might have been because I was too busy hanging with the theatre geeks and gamer nerds to bother.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I can see why y'all don't think Shep would be a fraternity guy. We tried really hard to buck the "girl chasing, party 24/7, self-absorbed stereotype." I think Shep would dig the pledge stuff we did. The craziest things I had to do was go on a scavenger hunt around Chicago dressed like a crazy fool (It was Halloween, so we fit in) and serenade a bunch of sororities with "Kiss the Girl". (Glares at all y'all laughing) It was fun though.
            *tries to shoo away plot bunny with John serenading Elizabeth... the bunny then joins forces with the Big Bang bunny*

Oh crap! Now look what you've done! LOL!

Now Liz, I don't know if she would be a sorority girl. As much as I would like to Liz at PJ parties and pillow fights, I doubt it's her bag of tricks. But hey, you never know.
            *snerks* Nah, I don't think she'd be a sorority girl, either. She'd be more likely to have her nose buried in books in the law library or be out on campus protesting something.

Comment

*tries to shoo away plot bunny with John serenading Elizabeth... the bunny then joins forces with the Big Bang bunny*

*snerks* Nah, I don't think she'd be a sorority girl, either. She'd be more likely to have her nose buried in books in the law library or be out on campus protesting something.
              Yep, no way would she be a sorority girl. She might belong to a professional organization of some sort related to her major though. More likely, she'd be politically active.
              sigpic

Comment

Well, looks like I have plenty of posts to catch up with, which is always good! hello guys, I've missed you! Anything important happened while I was away? *hugs*

As I promised, I bring you fic of a smutty kind: An exercise in selfishness. Read the warnings
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                  Well, looks like I have plenty of posts to catch up with, which is always good! hello guys, I've missed you! Anything important happened while I was away? *hugs*

As I promised, I bring you fic of a smutty kind: An exercise in selfishness. Read the warnings
                  ZOMG, read this fic, Sparkies! Read it now! Damn, that's hot! *fans self*

Comment

Hehe, can't wait to see what that combination will deliver

Post-a-thon was postponed
                    Probie gave a couple of very funny reviews.
                    We've been discussing what John and Liz would have been like at school...
                    That's about it, off the top of my hat...

Yay, smut fic by Anuna... has to be good *grins*
                    *goes to read*

Sig by me

Comment

I'm still fanning myself from reading that fic last night. Guh!

Quick question, Miss 'Nuna, do you have sororities and fraternities in Croatia? We were discussing whether John/Liz would join. Most of us said no way. *glares at pkprd869*
                      sigpic

Comment

Goooood morning shippers. If you want another chapter to our high school fic; raise your paw. Once again it is at Command Dynamics, called Teenage Wasteland, under my screen name. And we have some guest stars in this chapter.

And Southern Red, I guess he'd fit in at my specific chapter I should've mentioned from the beginning half of us were ROTC. (shrugs)
                        Last edited by pkprd869; 22 June 2009, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Goooood morning shippers. If you want another chapter to our high school fic; raise your paw. Once again it is at Command Dynamics, called Teenage Wasteland, under my screen name. And we have some guest stars in this chapter.

And Southern Red, I guess he'd fit in at my specific chapter I should've mentioned from the beginning half of us were ROTC. (shrugs)
                          Yes, you should. Now that makes a huuuugggeee difference.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes, you should. Now that makes a huuuugggeee difference.
                            Forgive me, pwease

Comment

Forgive me, pwease
                              *thinks* *thinks some more* Well, okay.
                              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Why yes, John and Elizabeth are so laughing at canon. Because John went back for Elizabeth, damnit.

Ooooh, new procrastination bait! LOL!

Aha! That explains things.

Comment

Working...
                                X