No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

T-minus 5 hours and 30 minutes to First Strike!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      It's not mentioned on the show but there was a story that got told a lot and just kept getting bigger and bigger at conventions. They originally planned the beer on the pier scene to involve Heineken but when he found out, JF declared that he couldn't be seen drinking Heineken on TV, his family would disown him. So he whipped out his iPhone and called his cousin, August Busch IV, chairman of the board of A-B. Hey, why mess with the middle man. And an entire truckload of Bud arrived at the studio. Needless to say the cast and crew began testing it immediately and by the time they filmed the scene pretty much everybody was plastered. It turned out to be one of the best scenes they've ever done, so that should tell them something.

Joe has mentioned on occasion that his father worked for them or that A-B was the "family business" but he's very modest about going into detail. The mad Googling skilz of the fangirls dug out the details. His dad and uncle were once members of the board and his two older sisters did PR for the Clydesdales for many years. I think they are retired now. The Flanigans married into the Busch family early last century.

And I see Liz as a wine person also. As for drinks, I think she'd love doing Margaritas with her girlfriends if she had any but in those diplomatic reception scenarios would enjoy a good single malt. I doubt she's a sissy drinker. Or maybe she's just the opposite of what you would expect. It would be fun for John to find out. Plot bunny!
      Ha! I love this story. I hadn't heard that before.

And a belated Congrats SK!
      sigpic
      Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Put down the can and step away from the Miller Lite. Out of loyalty to Joe, this is an Anheuser-Busch products only thread. You do know that's his family business, right? His great grandfather was Adolphus Busch.
        "Put down the can..." *cackles*

Ahhh, the JF beer delivery story gets funnier every time I hear it.

And I see Liz as a wine person also. As for drinks, I think she'd love doing Margaritas with her girlfriends if she had any but in those diplomatic reception scenarios would enjoy a good single malt. I doubt she's a sissy drinker. Or maybe she's just the opposite of what you would expect. It would be fun for John to find out. Plot bunny!
        Oh, Lizzie would be so a wine person; she might be drinking that in receptions rather than a hard liquor. Of course, with the way that more and more wines are upping their alcohol content...

John tries to get Lizzie drunk plot bunny! *flails and shoos the bunny away*

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
        The nefarious margarita, I can see that. But the single malt is a little bit too "Good Ole Boys Club" IMO. Hehe, that would be funny to see Shep drinking his beer and Liz rocking a bottle of Jack Daniels.
        LMAO!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Erin, nice pic from earlier. I stay away from wine because it gives me a worse hangover than Jack Daniels. Last time I had wine I had break out the prairie oyster.

John and Lizzie discussing the finer points of home hangover cures...

Family Saturday, I suppose I should come up with something fun... nothing comes to mind.
          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            "Put down the can..." *cackles*

Ahhh, the JF beer delivery story gets funnier every time I hear it.

Oh, Lizzie would be so a wine person; she might be drinking that in receptions rather than a hard liquor. Of course, with the way that more and more wines are upping their alcohol content...

John tries to get Lizzie drunk plot bunny! *flails and shoos the bunny away*

LMAO!
            LOL I think it started with Chuck at a convention, then I believe Kavan got into it and every time there was more beer and it got there faster. LMAO. Finally someone asked Joe who he called and whoa! this story might actually be true. He and the current chairman are about the same age. I wonder if they played together as kids. It boggles. It truly does. And have you heard him talk about the "family friend" he went to work for out of college? ROTFLMAO!
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

LOL I think it started with Chuck at a convention, then I believe Kavan got into it and every time there was more beer and it got there faster. LMAO. Finally someone asked Joe who he called and whoa! this story might actually be true. He and the current chairman are about the same age. I wonder if they played together as kids. It boggles. It truly does. And have you heard him talk about the "family friend" he went to work for out of college? ROTFLMAO!
              Oh, do tell! That story sounds like a winner!

Comment

Oh, do tell! That story sounds like a winner!
                The family friend was George Bush when he was VP. LOL During the election with Bush and Clinton. JF was part of Bush's advance team that went to places and set up campaign rallies. He said if they had won, he would probably have kept his job. LOL Nice to have friends who can give you a job when you need one.
                sigpic

Comment

The family friend was George Bush when he was VP. LOL During the election with Bush and Clinton. JF was part of Bush's advance team that went to places and set up campaign rallies. He said if they had won, he would probably have kept his job. LOL Nice to have friends who can give you a job when you need one.
                  LMAO! Oh, that's hilarious!

Gee, how history might have changed if they had won... no John Sheppard. Scary thought, eh?

Comment

LMAO! Oh, that's hilarious!

Gee, how history might have changed if they had won... no John Sheppard. Scary thought, eh?
                    I know. But can you imagine him in politics? He could have gotten elected to any office he wanted. And we'd have the satisfaction of knowing he had all the right ideas. But I would hate not ever having John Sheppard in my life.
                    sigpic

Comment

I know. But can you imagine him in politics? He could have gotten elected to any office he wanted. And we'd have the satisfaction of knowing he had all the right ideas. But I would hate not ever having John Sheppard in my life.
                      JF in politics makes me squee; he's definitely got the right ideas. But yeah, I sure would've missed out having him play Sheppard and helping bring Sparky to life.

Comment

Somehow I'm not sorry at all.
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Fic rec, guys! Windows, by agent_almeida. It comes with the naughty warning (aka, not for kids).
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            Fic rec, guys! Windows, by agent_almeida. It comes with the naughty warning (aka, not for kids).
                            I read that. It was yummy. Oh and part 2 of yesterday's fic is ready.

Spoiler:

Atlantis Sunrise

Barely dawn and the warm rays of the rising sun were a harbinger of the coming day, another oppressive wave of heat promising to encompass the ancient city and its denizens. John Sheppard rose from his damp tangled sheets and stepped onto his small balcony hoping to find a cool breeze. The city's air conditioning system had finally succumbed to the heat wave and even though Rodney McKay and his team of scientists were working around the clock, no relief seemed to be in sight. Clad only in his boxer shorts, John still felt overheated and uncomfortable.

The morning air gave little relief but his discomfort was soon forgotten when John looked across the way and saw a figure moving on another balcony very much like his own. Hastily, he stepped inside and grabbed his binoculars and raised them to his eyes.

Elizabeth Weir raised her arms to the rising sun and leisurely welcomed the coming day. She was completely nude and the golden rays of the rising sun gilded her body. The leader of the city of the Ancients stretched and arched her spine, conveniently rotating in his direction and giving John a full view of all her curves and planes. He made a small noise in his throat and gripped the binoculars tighter when she stepped to the edge of the balcony and lifted her hair off her neck. The smooth column of her throat was clearly visible and he directed his gaze down over her small breasts and the curve of her belly. Licking his lips unconsciously, John continued his downward path until his curiosity was completely satisfied.

Discomfort of a different kind captured his attention and for a moment he lowered the binoculars and thought about giving up his voyeuristic past time. But Elizabeth was swaying back and forth as if moving to an inaudible melody and John was literally incapable of tearing his gaze away. He watched until she swirled gracefully and disappeared back into her quarters.

“Well,” John thought, “at least the cold water still works.”

sigpic

Comment

Somehow I'm not sorry at all.
                              Heehee! Somehow, that doesn't surprise me!

RAWR! Thanks for the linky, that's some hot stuff!

And...

T-minus 3 hours and 32 minutes to First Strike!

Comment

I read that. It was yummy. Oh and part 2 of yesterday's fic is ready.

Spoiler:

Atlantis Sunrise

Barely dawn and the warm rays of the rising sun were a harbinger of the coming day, another oppressive wave of heat promising to encompass the ancient city and its denizens. John Sheppard rose from his damp tangled sheets and stepped onto his small balcony hoping to find a cool breeze. The city's air conditioning system had finally succumbed to the heat wave and even though Rodney McKay and his team of scientists were working around the clock, no relief seemed to be in sight. Clad only in his boxer shorts, John still felt overheated and uncomfortable.

The morning air gave little relief but his discomfort was soon forgotten when John looked across the way and saw a figure moving on another balcony very much like his own. Hastily, he stepped inside and grabbed his binoculars and raised them to his eyes.

Elizabeth Weir raised her arms to the rising sun and leisurely welcomed the coming day. She was completely nude and the golden rays of the rising sun gilded her body. The leader of the city of the Ancients stretched and arched her spine, conveniently rotating in his direction and giving John a full view of all her curves and planes. He made a small noise in his throat and gripped the binoculars tighter when she stepped to the edge of the balcony and lifted her hair off her neck. The smooth column of her throat was clearly visible and he directed his gaze down over her small breasts and the curve of her belly. Licking his lips unconsciously, John continued his downward path until his curiosity was completely satisfied.

Discomfort of a different kind captured his attention and for a moment he lowered the binoculars and thought about giving up his voyeuristic past time. But Elizabeth was swaying back and forth as if moving to an inaudible melody and John was literally incapable of tearing his gaze away. He watched until she swirled gracefully and disappeared back into her quarters.

“Well,” John thought, “at least the cold water still works.”

Holy smokes! Now that's a sequel! *cheers appreciatively*

Comment

Working...
                                X