Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control room:
    Darts are coming. The lights dim across the city and…bang bang bang
    The city in dark and all lights made by weapons are beautiful I’m not saying that war is cool but on Atlantis is wonderful. lol
    My mom said “Outside, it’s the war and John is sitting quietly. His job is not hard."
    Control room:
    John has an idea for destroy hive ships.
    RODNEY: “Look, you show up here with your guns and your brush cuts, but when it comes to actually saving the city, you turn to the scientists. And every time, what you ask is impossible.” This is hilarious. After that, Rodney made a long speech just to say “yes it’s possible”.
    Teyla wants to help Everett to find the Wraiths on Atlantis and Alleluia he's agree.
    There are beautiful shots of the city.
    Elizabeth goes to the planet of the Genii
    “EVERETT: Good, I can't imagine anyone more qualified. You pull this off, I'll buy you a drink”
    Don’t even think about that. John will kill you.
    Genii planet:
    Poor Elizabeth. “Now, if you are too proud, or too stupid to see the”…easy Elizabeth. He can kill you.
    She’s strong and brave. All the people who hate Elizabeth can’t say she’s a bad leader when they saw this scene. For the first time, we saw her negotiate.
    Elizabeth is back to Atlantis with the bombs. Everett is impressed. My mom said “he has a crush for her” So now the list is: John, Rodney, Lucius, Kolya, Janus, Caldwell, Ladon, Zelenka, Grodin (RIP) and Everett.
    Later:
    Another attack will start. Elizabeth talks to her people and bang bang bang.lol
    John is on the chair but it doesn’t work. He leaves Mckay.
    Control room:
    Sparky scene! Sparky scene! Sparky scene!
    THE LOOK! THE LOOK!
    My mom said “he doesn’t need to say something. All he wants to say is in his look. Come on, kiss her. It’s a hard choice for her. It’s beautiful. That is why it should happen something between them. She has to put personal feelings aside to make decisions. She sends her man to death. It's just powerful and beautiful.” She talks during 5 min. I don’t remember everything. lol
    Spoiler:
    They tried to do a scene like this between Teyla and John in “First Contact”. It didn’t work (for me). The look is not the same. It’s more powerful between John and Elizabeth and there is more "feelings" in it (and not only love). I don’t know how to explain this in English. I’m not clear but you understand that I love this look.
    My mom was crazy at the end “Poor Ford, Where is Teyla? John can’t die...”

TBC…Siege part 3
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      Thank you for the link. I think I already saw "Ernie", "Elmo" and "Bert"...but I'm not sure. Our children don't look TV. They work on their homework or read "Tolstoi" or "Hugo".lol You don't believe me huh? There are a lot of tv programs for children but not Sesame Street.
      By the way, I just can't see the link between "Sesame street" and "Bob the wraith".
      Bob is one of the human characters in Sesame Street, a really mild-mannered sweet guy. He's the opposite of Bob the wraith. LOL

And no, I don't believe you about the Tolstoi. Hugo maybe. LOL
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Tolstoi? Hugo? Who are those guys? I'm gonna go run across the chanel and hide behind Swift and Congreve.
        "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
          Tolstoi? Hugo? Who are those guys? I'm gonna go run across the chanel and hide behind Swift and Congreve.
          They're depressing older brothers of Fitzgerald (F. Scott, not Zelda lol) and Faulkner. And you had to really reach into your bag of obscure authors for Congreve. I love Swift though. His satire would work today.
          sigpic

Comment

Control room:
            Darts are coming. The lights dim across the city and…bang bang bang
            The city in dark and all lights made by weapons are beautiful I’m not saying that war is cool but on Atlantis is wonderful. lol
            My mom said “Outside, it’s the war and John is sitting quietly. His job is not hard."
            Control room:
            John has an idea for destroy hive ships.
            RODNEY: “Look, you show up here with your guns and your brush cuts, but when it comes to actually saving the city, you turn to the scientists. And every time, what you ask is impossible.” This is hilarious. After that, Rodney made a long speech just to say “yes it’s possible”.
            Teyla wants to help Everett to find the Wraiths on Atlantis and Alleluia he's agree.
            There are beautiful shots of the city.
            Elizabeth goes to the planet of the Genii
            “EVERETT: Good, I can't imagine anyone more qualified. You pull this off, I'll buy you a drink”
            Don’t even think about that. John will kill you.
            Genii planet:
            Poor Elizabeth. “Now, if you are too proud, or too stupid to see the”…easy Elizabeth. He can kill you.
            She’s strong and brave. All the people who hate Elizabeth can’t say she’s a bad leader when they saw this scene. For the first time, we saw her negotiate.
            Elizabeth is back to Atlantis with the bombs. Everett is impressed. My mom said “he has a crush for her” So now the list is: John, Rodney, Lucius, Kolya, Janus, Caldwell, Ladon, Zelenka, Grodin (RIP) and Everett.
            Later:
            Another attack will start. Elizabeth talks to her people and bang bang bang.lol
            John is on the chair but it doesn’t work. He leaves Mckay.
            Control room:
            Sparky scene! Sparky scene! Sparky scene!
            THE LOOK! THE LOOK!
            My mom said “he doesn’t need to say something. All he wants to say is in his look. Come on, kiss her. It’s a hard choice for her. It’s beautiful. That is why it should happen something between them. She has to put personal feelings aside to make decisions. She sends her man to death. It's just powerful and beautiful.” She talks during 5 min. I don’t remember everything. lol
            Spoiler:
            They tried to do a scene like this between Teyla and John in “First Contact”. It didn’t work (for me). The look is not the same. It’s more powerful between John and Elizabeth and there is more "feelings" in it (and not only love). I don’t know how to explain this in English. I’m not clear but you understand that I love this look.
            My mom was crazy at the end “Poor Ford, Where is Teyla? John can’t die...”

TBC…Siege part 3
            Ahh... The Look. *flails over the sheer glorious angst of that look* We all love it.
            And I love your mom's analysis of that scene.
            Part 3 coming soon, Yay!
            sigpic
            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              They're depressing older brothers of Fitzgerald (F. Scott, not Zelda lol) and Faulkner. And you had to really reach into your bag of obscure authors for Congreve. I love Swift though. His satire would work today.
              (Picks self up of the floor form laughter) The Les Mis musical was okay. I liked the Disney version of Hunchback of Notre Dame. The great Gatsby, yeah, reading that was rough. Though it would be cool to have that many Turnbull and Asser shirts (I know that's in the movie). If they made Daisy cry, maybe they could make Lizzie sob.

Too bad Congreve's two most famous lines are commonly butchered today. I could have referenced Marvell and Waller. Heh, I got this funny idea of John trying to recite "Go Lovely Rose" or "To His Coy Mistress" to Liz. I also like Alexander Pope alot too. In fact his mock-epic style inspired the fist chapter of my fic. Don't worry I didn't use heroic couplets
              "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

FAULKNER! *flails in fangirlish delight* I LOVE FAULKNER!

Swift I enjoy--one of the few I enjoy from that era. Late 17th/Early 18th century is hard for me to get through, both British and American.

Hugo I've never had the pleasure of reading.

Yeats, man. Bring on "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death" for John. Totally.
                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                  (Picks self up of the floor form laughter) The Les Mis musical was okay. I liked the Disney version of Hunchback of Notre Dame. The great Gatsby, yeah, reading that was rough. Though it would be cool to have that many Turnbull and Asser shirts (I know that's in the movie). If they made Daisy cry, maybe they could make Lizzie sob.

Too bad Congreve's two most famous lines are commonly butchered today. I could have referenced Marvell and Waller. Heh, I got this funny idea of John trying to recite "Go Lovely Rose" or "To His Coy Mistress" to Liz. I also like Alexander Pope alot too. In fact his mock-epic style inspired the fist chapter of my fic. Don't worry I didn't use heroic couplets
                  *shudders* I did an English minor in college, so I am having a few serious flashbacks right now. And not in a good way. I once had to write a paper about the color white as portrayed in The Great Gatsby.

And even then I had a hard time stifling my sarcastic side, especially in poetry class.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                  FAULKNER! *flails in fangirlish delight* I LOVE FAULKNER!

Swift I enjoy--one of the few I enjoy from that era. Late 17th/Early 18th century is hard for me to get through, both British and American.

Hugo I've never had the pleasure of reading.

Yeats, man. Bring on "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death" for John. Totally.
                  I know. Makes me wanna go read a Harlequin romance. LOL But I'm a Southern gal. I gotta love Faulkner. I can see John as a Faulkner character: imperfect, lonely, just waiting to be redeemed by the love of a good Southern woman. And Elizabeth as a Faulkner heroine: strong, brave, smart and passionate. OMG! We have devolved into literary criticism. Why we is downright smart.

Love Yeats though. That poem is just so John.

Spoiler:
                  An Irish Airman Foresees His Death
                  I know that I shall meet my fate
                  Somewhere among the clouds above;
                  Those that I fight I do not hate,
                  Those that I guard I do not love;
                  My country is Kiltartan Cross,
                  My countrymen Kiltartan's poor,
                  No likely end could bring them loss
                  Or leave them happier than before.
                  Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
                  Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
                  A lonely impulse of delight
                  Drove to this tumult in the clouds;
                  I balanced all, brought all to mind,
                  The years to come seemed waste of breath,
                  A waste of breath the years behind
                  In balance with this life, this death.
                  sigpic

Comment

War of writers...Hugo Vs Swift / Tolstoi Vs Congreve. lol

SR:You have reason not to believe me. I am not credible. Kids read "Boule and Bill" (I hope you know Boule and Bill lol...My favorite comic book when I was young) and not Hugo. Like you said, Hugo is depressing but he's a good writers. "Les misèrables" is boring but "The Last Day of a Condemned Man" is wonderful.

I know Swift but not Congreve.

Erin87: Thanks for my mom. I don't know if I will post my report for "Siege 3" today.

I have a question for you but nothing to do with Sparky.
                    We talked about books and we saw that there were differences between countries. Now I'm going to talk about music. Is there a day dedicated to music in your country? In two days in France, it's the "music day" or "La fête de la musique" and I wanted to know if it exists in your country.
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      It's beautiful. Now I want to discover this writer thanks to you (Eri13 and SR)
                      sigpic

Comment

*shudders* I did an English minor in college, so I am having a few serious flashbacks right now. And not in a good way. I once had to write a paper about the color white as portrayed in The Great Gatsby.

And even then I had a hard time stifling my sarcastic side, especially in poetry class.

I know. Makes me wanna go read a Harlequin romance. LOL But I'm a Southern gal. I gotta love Faulkner. I can see John as a Faulkner character: imperfect, lonely, just waiting to be redeemed by the love of a good Southern woman. And Elizabeth as a Faulkner heroine: strong, brave, smart and passionate. OMG! We have devolved into literary criticism. Why we is downright smart.

Spoiler:
                        Oh, I am such a nerd. I actually started out as a Poly Sci major, then added English as a way to de-stress from Political science. And it worked. I'm an English nerd through and through. Faulkner is one of my all time favorite writers. And Fitzgerald is the poster child for textbook-ready symbolism. I still remember our High School AP English teacher pointing out the flashing green light on the dock: "Money. Money. Money."

That Yeats poem is one I made an effort to memorize and is one of the few pieces I still have memorized to this day. Love it.

Probie we do not have a music celebration day, but our big holiday in two days is Father's Day, where we honor our fathers by giving gifts and cards.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! (heck, almost noon!) Happy Pretty Friday!

Speaking of pretty, Probie's recapping her mom's reaction to the Siege, aka Sparky Prettiness on Crack! Damn, I need to watch that again.

And now there's even a discussion about the hidden Sparkiness in 18th and 19th century literature. Ah, the burden of having university degrees. We haz the subtext, yo. LOL!
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's beautiful. Now I want to discover this writer thanks to you (Eri13 and SR)
                            W.B. (William Butler) Yeats. An Irish Poet of the 'Modern' period, who wrote around the turn of the 20th century. Most well known, probably, for his poem "The Second Coming" but he wrote many beautiful works.

Comment

Probie we do not have a music celebration day, but our big holiday in two days is Father's Day, where we honor our fathers by giving gifts and cards.
                              It's important day in France. I know that it exists in some countries.
                              For the "music day", we spend the day on the street. We sing, dance, play music, drink...with people that we don't know.There are "fireworks". Concerts are free.
                              But it's also the "Father's day".

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Good morning, Sparkies! (heck, almost noon!) Happy Pretty Friday!

Speaking of pretty, Probie's recapping her mom's reaction to the Siege, aka Sparky Prettiness on Crack! Damn, I need to watch that again.

And now there's even a discussion about the hidden Sparkiness in 18th and 19th century literature. Ah, the burden of having university degrees. We haz the subtext, yo. LOL!
                              Thanks you. I'm happy to read that. I glad you all like it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh, I am such a nerd. I actually started out as a Poly Sci major, then added English as a way to de-stress from Political science. And it worked. I'm an English nerd through and through.
                                Hee! I went on nearly the same track as you did; started with Poly Sci, then switched my major to Theatre (though I kept Poly Sci as a minor - Elizabeth would be proud, LOL!). And yes, I am a total Theatre nerd. Shakespeare is my fave; not surprising as I'm a Renaissance geek in general. But with Theatre also came my costume fetish (I dare anyone to get me started on ripping SGA's costume department) and set design obsesssion. What can I say? I'm a Jill of All Trades.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X