Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Yes, and from what I've seen, pkprd869 has things well under control. SK; I'll need a beta soon.
    Yay, beta!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning Sparkies!

Great to hear the bunny has some interest

I only have one exam left on monday, so I have some more time to write now
      SGABigBang and swficathon, here I come!!

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Oh, don't worry about me, you're safe. My Big Bang bunny is a very jealous bunny and doesn't want to share me with other bunnies.
        And my sports bunny is whispering in my ear, so the little guy must be fed.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

It's fic-bunny week, apparently! I've written 10 pages in Testament, too. Long time coming, but it's finally coming together! XD
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
            OK folks, I am giving serious thought to the high school bunny we've talked about. Please, please, dont anybody take it. I'm going to sleep on it and I'll have answer in the morning.
            I'll do it. It won't be very long. I need to exercise my writing muscles. Once I get started, I can probably pump out a couple chapters in a week.
            "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

I'll do it. It won't be very long. I need to exercise my writing muscles. Once I get started, I can probably pump out a couple chapters in a week.
              I'm lookign forward to it!

Do you have any published fic anywhere we could read? You did mention fic awards
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                I'm lookign forward to it!

Do you have any published fic anywhere we could read? You did mention fic awards
                The fic award was from 2006 when I won my college's writing contest in fiction. Unfortunately, it was too long for the school to circulate. It's a completely original work. I don't know if people here would like it, aside from the main character's name being Jack.
                "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Angsty Drama-Queen Wednesday!

Or, you know, like not. 'Cause we're having way too much fun with the funny crack to get angsty.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Good morning, Sparkies! Angsty Drama-Queen Wednesday!

Or, you know, like not. 'Cause we're having way too much fun with the funny crack to get angsty.
                    I dunno. Somehow lately, we just aren't feeling the angst. Celebrating the wonders that were Sparky is just too much fun.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                      Good morning Sparkies!

Great to hear the bunny has some interest

I only have one exam left on monday, so I have some more time to write now
                      SGABigBang and swficathon, here I come!!
                      Yay for exams being almost over! Bring on the fic!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      And my sports bunny is whispering in my ear, so the little guy must be fed.
                      *sends carrot cake for the bunny*

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      It's fic-bunny week, apparently! I've written 10 pages in Testament, too. Long time coming, but it's finally coming together! XD
                      Oh goodie! I've been waiting to see those punks who have Elizabeth get their arses handed to them on a stake!

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing it!

And on my Big Bang fic front, we're off to dinner at Jeannie's!

Comment

I dunno. Somehow lately, we just aren't feeling the angst. Celebrating the wonders that were Sparky is just too much fun.
                        Exactly my thinking.

Comment

Well Southern Red, if you need help with the baseball lingo, just send me a PM. I was a player and a state athletic certified umpire. I would definitely like to give your story a read. I played both sports, and I don't which one I like better. And it would be funny to see John's face when he finds out Liz is a baseball fan. I don't suppose you have Lizzie be White Sox fan? (Please please please.)

Edit: If she's a Cubs fan, I wont be very happy (finger shaking, but in the joking way) The Sox and those bums on the north side (Cubs) start the Crosstown Showdown today. GO WHITE SOX!
                          Unless one of her parents was from Chicago I don't see Elizabeth as a Cubs fan. If she grew up in DC then The Baltimore Orioles (the Washnington Nationals have only been around for a few years). Could be a red Sox fan if she went to college & grad school in Boston instead of Washington.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                          *grins* I like that idea even more ....

Just wondering... what could make Elizabeth so popular? I really can't see her as a cheerleader... And I was never one of the popular girls in school, so I have no idea what makes you popular...
                          I can see her as Senior Class President and on the Student Council before that, plus maybe school newspaper/yearbook editorial staff.

If she did sports it's more likely to have been track, tennis and/or soccer. Or field hockey if she went to a prep (private) school. I can see her joining John hitting golf balls into the water and him being surprized she knows how to play.

Given her line of work I imagine she at least knows the basics about most popular sports, even if she isn't a big sports fan. She'd know enough to hold her own when conversations at social events and during meeting breaks inevitably turn to sports, who won the Series/Bowl Games, who's leading during the season, recognize big names, etc., basically what you can keep up with by skimming the front page and box scores in the sports section or watching the evening news.
                          DDC

Comment

Originally posted by ddc View Post
                            Unless one of her parents was from Chicago I don't see Elizabeth as a Cubs fan. If she grew up in DC then The Baltimore Orioles (the Washnington Nationals have only been around for a few years). Could be a red Sox fan if she went to college & grad school in Boston instead of Washington.

I can see her as Senior Class President and on the Student Council before that, plus maybe school newspaper/yearbook editorial staff.

If she did sports it's more likely to have been track, tennis and/or soccer. Or field hockey if she went to a prep (private) school. I can see her joining John hitting golf balls into the water and him being surprized she knows how to play.

Given her line of work I imagine she at least knows the basics about most popular sports, even if she isn't a big sports fan. She'd know enough to hold her own when conversations at social events and during meeting breaks inevitably turn to sports, who won the Series/Bowl Games, who's leading during the season, recognize big names, etc., basically what you can keep up with by skimming the front page and box scores in the sports section or watching the evening news.
                            I've made up completely generic teams for my fic so as not to risk conflicting fandoms.

As a diplomat, I imagine she needs to be more up on soccer as it's more of a worldwide sport. But I can see her attending functions in some private box at the stadium where she has to act interested while making nice with some prince.

Oh dear. Not another plot bunny. Somebody help!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ddc View Post
                              And there's her bad knee that was mentioned in The Storm; the idea of it being an old sports injury from high school certainly makes sense. Field hockey or tennis sound like good candidates for a private school.

Comment

I've made up completely generic teams for my fic so as not to risk conflicting fandoms.

As a diplomat, I imagine she needs to be more up on soccer as it's more of a worldwide sport. But I can see her attending functions in some private box at the stadium where she has to act interested while making nice with some prince.

Oh dear. Not another plot bunny. Somebody help!
                                LOL! Oh no, don't look at me!

Comment

Working...
                                X