Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Welcome back, SR! Glad to hear you survived the traffic!

    In a word, BADASS!!!

    A few minor questions/clarifications:

    With the Wraith involved (supposedly), will Atlantis try to contact Todd early on to see if he has any additional information? Or would that drag things out too much?
    Thanks!

    No, I think bringing Todd in would be too complicated. Plus, I think Altus will make it seem like this is one of the hives involved in the civil war against Todd.

    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    What side of the 'to rescue or not to rescue' argument will Ronon support? Would he be cautious, or would he want to go for it (perhaps sensing that one way or the other, Sheppard and the rest need closure).
    I haven't decided yet. I think I'll write Ronon as I feel he needs to be, if that makes sense, when I get to actually writing it. He could go either way. I think he'd be a little cautious (since that's canon, from his reactions in GITM) but at the same time maybe he sees something in the 'real' Elizabeth that makes him trust her.

    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Also, while the desire is for a small party, I wonder if only one team is too small? Should we send Lorne's team as well? Or perhaps we could have Lorne's team accompany Sheppard's team in Part II for the assault on Asuras II? (with all those Replicators they're going to have to shoot, they'll need some backup)
    For the assault on Asuras II, I think we need the party as small as possible, so only Team Sheppard. But for the assault on the Wraith Hive, we could probably include Lorne and his team.

    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Alternatively, the Wraith could've been tracking FRANibeth's movements all along, and she wouldn't necessarily have to do anything except be there. Hmm, of course, I suppose FRANibeth probably would've been scanned and all to make sure she wasn't giving off a signal... maybe she shut it off while being scanned, then turned it back on when they went out to look for the Primus.
    Well, technically the 'Wraith' don't exist. Atlantis thinks it's the Wraith, but Altus assimilated the hive long before he went looking for FRANibeth. When he found her he 'assimilated' her, too, to become part of the plan.

    We don't really have canon for how he'll do this, but my thinking is he'll infect the drones like Niam infected Elizabeth, only they'll have succeeded in organically replicating inside the Wraith, maintaining their form like the Team Sheppard Clones in TMC. When they're no longer needed by Altus, he'll just destroy them. [/quote]

    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Elizabeth's nanites were technically tampered with by Rodney as well (remember, he was trying to use the nanites to repair her body, but ran out of time and had to let them turn her part Replicator instead). However, it could be that her nanites contain a 'purer' strain of the base code, which of course Oberoth used to create all the Weir duplicates for his experiments (which we'll learn about fully in What Dreams May Come). Hmm, come to think of it, the next "merge" of the Collective following Elizabeth's capture in Lifeline seemed to be only a couple of hours later, so she may not have been in stasis yet and thus got the updated version of the code. That'll work!
    Either will do, but in the case of both the Reunion Replicator and FRAN, they were stripped of their abilities to do what normal replicators do--the Replicator in Reunion having been altered by the Wraith before Rodney, and FRANibeth, of course being seriously downgraded in GITM. Elizabeth still had the ability to connect wirelessly to the Collective and Oberoth in Lifeline, however, and could also override Rodney's code mentally, so I think any explanation you give for her being 'purer' replicator makes sense.

    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    I can picture a moment for John to go totally woobie when they check on Elizabeth after FRANibeth escapes and discover Elizabeth on the floor of her cell/isolation room, still coming out of the seizure with a bloody nose and all of them are suddenly thinking, 'oh sh*t, were we wrong about her?'. Heheheh... *evil grin*
    Oh, yes, that part will be fun.

    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    I also wouldn't mind seeing some Coalition involvement in Part II if it fits in. Perhaps Mayel asks to speak with John, but he refuses? (citing the need to plan their attack on Asuras II, which is true, but oh, the timing is such a wicked b*tch, hahahah)

    There's going to be a lot of action packed into this episode (especially Part II). I think PM, more than any of the other episodes outside of the season finale, is going to be the real BIG episode of the season. This is going to be so exciting!
    For most of the sidebar stuff, I'll write it as it comes and if it makes sense to have it. I just wanted to get the basics down first.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

    Comment


      OT World cup

      Spoiler:
      Ghana/USA will be a good match. Ghana is very strong.
      Germany/England will be interesting.
      So no Germany/USA for the moment except in the next round (quart final), if they win their games.
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

      Comment


        Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        Thanks!

        No, I think bringing Todd in would be too complicated. Plus, I think Altus will make it seem like this is one of the hives involved in the civil war against Todd.
        One of the hives against Todd? Gee, that sounds like even more good reason to see if Todd knows anything about it...

        Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        I haven't decided yet. I think I'll write Ronon as I feel he needs to be, if that makes sense, when I get to actually writing it. He could go either way. I think he'd be a little cautious (since that's canon, from his reactions in GITM) but at the same time maybe he sees something in the 'real' Elizabeth that makes him trust her.
        Sounds good. Ah, more Ronon sekretly crushing on Elizabeth...

        Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        For the assault on Asuras II, I think we need the party as small as possible, so only Team Sheppard. But for the assault on the Wraith Hive, we could probably include Lorne and his team.
        I figured I'd ask since we've talked about getting some of the secondary characters like Lorne and Cadman more screen time, but we haven't really pinned down the hows and wheres yet. PM seems like a good opportunity for such an appearance.

        Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        Well, technically the 'Wraith' don't exist. Atlantis thinks it's the Wraith, but Altus assimilated the hive long before he went looking for FRANibeth. When he found her he 'assimilated' her, too, to become part of the plan.

        We don't really have canon for how he'll do this, but my thinking is he'll infect the drones like Niam infected Elizabeth, only they'll have succeeded in organically replicating inside the Wraith, maintaining their form like the Team Sheppard Clones in TMC. When they're no longer needed by Altus, he'll just destroy them.
        You know, I just got the mental image of Altus/Oberoth sending a kill signal and all the infected Wraith drones' heads start exploding. Eewwwww!!! LOL!

        Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        Either will do, but in the case of both the Reunion Replicator and FRAN, they were stripped of their abilities to do what normal replicators do--the Replicator in Reunion having been altered by the Wraith before Rodney, and FRANibeth, of course being seriously downgraded in GITM. Elizabeth still had the ability to connect wirelessly to the Collective and Oberoth in Lifeline, however, and could also override Rodney's code mentally, so I think any explanation you give for her being 'purer' replicator makes sense.
        Also sounds good!

        Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        Oh, yes, that part will be fun.
        Heheheh, poor Joe... D'you think we should have a box of tissues on the set for him when we do that scene?

        Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        For most of the sidebar stuff, I'll write it as it comes and if it makes sense to have it. I just wanted to get the basics down first.
        Gotta love planning sessions...
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          You know, I just got the mental image of Altus/Oberoth sending a kill signal and all the infected Wraith drones' heads start exploding. Eewwwww!!! LOL!
          That is just nasty...
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

          Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

          Comment


            Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            That is just nasty...
            No kidding! I mean, hey, if we wanted to turn it into one of those gory slasher movies, it'd fit right in, but...

            And for something completely different, SyFy's weekday reruns have cycled back to Season 1. They've got Hide and Seek on today and I'm squeeing over Torri's sassy, short and curly hair.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              No kidding! I mean, hey, if we wanted to turn it into one of those gory slasher movies, it'd fit right in, but...
              A B-type Syfy movie... I could totally see that. *thinks* Yup, I totally see it now, including the really bad special effects.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

              Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

              Comment


                Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                A B-type Syfy movie... I could totally see that. *thinks* Yup, I totally see it now, including the really bad special effects.
                *snickers*

                We're totally getting better special effects for Season 6, though.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                Comment


                  regarding PM: Will the team use the ARGs when they hit Asuras II?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    regarding PM: Will the team use the ARGs when they hit Asuras II?
                    You mean the hand-held rifles, right? I would assume the team would have them... Then again, they didn't have them in GitM. Perhaps after BAMSR, with everyone thinking they weren't needed anymore since the Replicators were supposedly "destroyed," all the ARGs were sent back to Earth.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                    Comment


                      Kind of OT, but check out a new vid with Joe Flanigan that Prion found:
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/9...1#post11640228
                      Lemonade anyone?
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        That would be Eri, I believe. Did you secure the domain name? (I think the last time we had an update on the voting, sgarising.com had a huge lead, so that appears to be the winner.)
                        Yup, I have secured sgarising.com
                        I think I started with a 5-year term or something
                        So all I need now is the server space. *looks at Eri*

                        Sig by me

                        Comment


                          There's too much to comment on, so instead I'm chosing one thing that was actually on this page

                          Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                          <snip>
                          We don't really have canon for how he'll do this, but my thinking is he'll infect the drones like Niam infected Elizabeth, only they'll have succeeded in organically replicating inside the Wraith, maintaining their form like the Team Sheppard Clones in TMC. When they're no longer needed by Altus, he'll just destroy them.
                          Alternatively, you could go down the Infection path, as there is a little bit of canon for it. The replicator could infect the Hive, which in turn infects the Wraith when they are asleep. It's a bit slower, and not as dramatic as strangling them all one by one.....
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                            Kind of OT, but check out a new vid with Joe Flanigan that Prion found:
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/9...1#post11640228
                            Lemonade anyone?
                            Thanks to share it. It's good to see him.
                            But now I just want to go in holiday because of him.lol
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Probie View Post
                              Thanks to share it. It's good to see him.
                              But now I just want to go in holiday because of him.lol
                              What on earth is bonking? Obviously not what it means here, else Jo Graham would have some new material for her book

                              Edited to add:

                              Never mind. According to my good friend Google, it's the equivalent of hitting the wall
                              Last edited by gateraid; 24 June 2010, 04:06 AM.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                                What on earth is bonking? Obviously not what it means here, else Jo Graham would have some new material for her book

                                Edited to add:

                                Never mind. According to my good friend Google, it's the equivalent of hitting the wall
                                Oh I SO have something else in my mind that deals with Bonking. god it's 4:22 in the morning and I have my mind in the gutter.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X