Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Whoo Hoo! The bunny has vacated Casa Kitty! LOL!

LMAO! Yeah, that one was a very spunky little bugger.

Sports and favorite teams and Sparky, oh my! I was figuring that Lizzie's favorite baseball team might be further east than Chicago; she seems more like an East Coast girl. As for Shep, yeah, he might be a USC fan, like me (GO TROJANS! ); there was also that line he said in Outcast about Stanford...

*huggles Probie* I'm sorry your sports are getting canceled... that sucks!
    It's not done yet. We still have sports in univerties. I think we will keep sports at school.
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

All the talk about football is making me want to watch a game
      As I said before, I just love to watch it... don't really care about teams and stuff...

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      In addition, our fantastic *sigh*president (or dictator as you wish lol) wants to remove the sport at school and university. We are far from having the same thing than you.
      That is so stupid!! Why would he want to do that?!?

A plotbunny started nibbling... what if John was playing football in high school and Elizabeth is one of the nerdy girls. They secretly have a crush for each other, but Liz is afraid of being rejected and John is afraid of being laughed at by his team mates and the hot cheerleaders...

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
        All the talk about football is making me want to watch a game
        As I said before, I just love to watch it... don't really care about teams and stuff...

That is so stupid!! Why would he want to do that?!?

A plotbunny started nibbling... what if John was playing football in high school and Elizabeth is one of the nerdy girls. They secretly have a crush for each other, but Liz is afraid of being rejected and John is afraid of being laughed at by his team mates and the hot cheerleaders...
        Oh, boy the jock and nerdy girl. Stargate: She's All That. Once again, I show my age. Just giving ya hard time Kris. It would be funny to read a story like that. Or, you could reverse it, have Liz be the popular girl and John be the loner, a la Crazy (the Melissa Joan Hart version of She's All That) I would write the latter if I knew someone could "host" the story somewhere.

And Erin, I too am of sick of those Gators. Since it's baseball season, we can just let the rivalry boil til kick-off this fall. Hmm, Liz does wear the red and black, but I still like her
        Last edited by pkprd869; 16 June 2009, 02:38 PM.
        "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
          Oh, boy the jock and nerdy girl. Stargate: She's All That. Once again, I show my age. Just giving ya hard time Kris. It would be funny to read a story like that. Or, you could reverse it, have Liz be the popular girl and John be the loner, a la Crazy (the Melissa Joan Hart version of She's All That)
          *grins* I like that idea even more

He can still be playing football, but he's one of the lesser players and he spends most of his time on the bench... So because he can't rely on football to help him through college, he needs to get his grades. He's awesome at math, but his English sucks. This is where Elizabeth comes in. Her math sucks, but her English rocks. At the beginning of the story, they can barely stand each other. Elizabeth doesn't want to be seen with a looser like John and John feels he isn't worthy of her company. But they need each others help to get the grades they need.
          Just wondering... what could make Elizabeth so popular? I really can't see her as a cheerleader... And I was never one of the popular girls in school, so I have no idea what makes you popular...
          I really want to go for this bunny... but there's still swficathon and sgabigbang that I need to write...
          Are there any takers for this bunny? If not, I'll shove it in my bunnies-to-write pile...

Sig by me

Comment

He can still be playing football, but he's one of the lesser players and he spends most of his time on the bench... So because he can't rely on football to help him through college, he needs to get his grades. He's awesome at math, but his English sucks. This is where Elizabeth comes in. Her math sucks, but her English rocks. At the beginning of the story, they can barely stand each other. Elizabeth doesn't want to be seen with a looser like John and John feels he isn't worthy of her company. But they need each others help to get the grades they need.
            Just wondering... what could make Elizabeth so popular? I really can't see her as a cheerleader... And I was never one of the popular girls in school, so I have no idea what makes you popular...
            I really want to go for this bunny... but there's still swficathon and sgabigbang that I need to write...
            Are there any takers for this bunny? If not, I'll shove it in my bunnies-to-write pile...
            If I knew someone or someplace to host the fic, I'd do the Liz is popular and John is a loner. Shep could be a starter, but not D1 recruiting material or he gets injured (I blew my knee out). Say, those grades are for an Air Force ROTC scholarship. Some girls are popular in high school because they do all the extracurricular things possible and yes, they are attractive. Well, Liz is VERY attractive, so one part of the problem down. Liz looks in pretty good shape, she could play a sport in a different season than football (fall season). Tennis, softball, and track are a spring sports where I'm from. Gymnastics (oh gosh dirty male fantasy just popped into my head) and basketball are winter sports.

Comment

Ooooh, that could be fun!

If I knew someone or someplace to host the fic, I'd do the Liz is popular and John is a loner. Shep could be a starter, but not D1 recruiting material or he gets injured (I blew my knee out). Say, those grades are for an Air Force ROTC scholarship. Some girls are popular in high school because they do all the extracurricular things possible and yes, they are attractive. Well, Liz is VERY attractive, so one part of the problem down. Liz looks in pretty good shape, she could play a sport in a different season than football (fall season). Tennis, softball, and track are a spring sports where I'm from. Gymnastics (oh gosh dirty male fantasy just popped into my head) and basketball are winter sports.
              Hmm, maybe Lizzie is in the drama club, or the debate team. For some schools, the non-sport activities are just as popular as sports, if not moreso.

As for where to host the fic, there's Command Dynamics (a Sheppard/Weir fic archive), or Wraithbait (which hosts all genres of SGA fic). You'll have to register at either one of them, but it's quick and easy.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well on the topic of college teams... ours universities generally run a cricket comp, and AFL (Australian football league) comp and a Rugby League comp... completely different to your football though!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
                  Well on the topic of college teams... ours universities generally run a cricket comp, and AFL (Australian football league) comp and a Rugby League comp... completely different to your football though!!!
                  As much as we American Football players think we're bad shizzle, Rugby is the manliest of manly sports. I mean, those guys think even cups and mouthpieces are for sissies. I remember we had some ROTC PT on a campus that had a rugby club. They asked if we wanted to play. We ROTC guys were all pretty sore the next day.

Comment

Take that bunny and run with it. I wasn't popular but the popular kids wanted me to help them with their homework. LOL So if Lizzie was really smart (not saying that I was, I just liked school), she would be accepted by everyone. Plus I can see her as an outspoken activist for various causes.

As much as we American Football players think we're bad shizzle, Rugby is the manliest of manly sports. I mean, those guys think even cups and mouthpieces are for sissies. I remember we had some ROTC PT on a campus that had a rugby club. They asked if we wanted to play. We ROTC guys were all pretty sore the next day.
                    My neighbors' son plays in a junior Rugby league. They have a bumper sticker that says "Give Blood. Play Rugby". LOL
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Take that bunny and run with it. I wasn't popular but the popular kids wanted me to help them with their homework. LOL So if Lizzie was really smart (not saying that I was, I just liked school), she would be accepted by everyone. Plus I can see her as an outspoken activist for various causes.
                      Definitely, that's why I thought of debate team. Maybe she's student body president, too? I can certainly see Young!Lizzie doing that in canon.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      My neighbors' son plays in a junior Rugby league. They have a bumper sticker that says "Give Blood. Play Rugby". LOL
                      Hee! I've seen T-shirts with that saying.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

OK folks, I am giving serious thought to the high school bunny we've talked about. Please, please, dont anybody take it. I'm going to sleep on it and I'll have answer in the morning.

Comment

OK folks, I am giving serious thought to the high school bunny we've talked about. Please, please, dont anybody take it. I'm going to sleep on it and I'll have answer in the morning.
                          Oh, don't worry about me, you're safe. My Big Bang bunny is a very jealous bunny and doesn't want to share me with other bunnies.

Comment

Ooooh, do that. We need more fic, there's never enough sparky around
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              Ooooh, do that. We need more fic, there's never enough sparky around
                              More Sparky fic makes people happy!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                More Sparky fic makes people happy!
                                Yes, and from what I've seen, pkprd869 has things well under control. SK; I'll need a beta soon.
                                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X