No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I've collected a bunch of those EATG pictures on the balcony (both real and behind-the scenes) and am aptly prepared to hack them all up.

/random, but it's worth a mention since I'm going to go dig up old Elizabeth-balcony pics again in this thread from month back.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
      So, I've collected a bunch of those EATG pictures on the balcony (both real and behind-the scenes) and am aptly prepared to hack them all up.

/random, but it's worth a mention since I'm going to go dig up old Elizabeth-balcony pics again in this thread from month back.
      I have no balcony pics. But I can't WAIT to see what you come up with! Sparky? Please?
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Yep, I'm planning to make some various art with it. I'm having too much fun with icons these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Second half of S3 and Irr episode of first half, definitely. I agree.
          Plus Vengeance, The Ark, Irresponsible, and most of all Sunday. Oh, I guess the second half mentioned covers those. But it's still worth a repeat.

And in S2, Epiphany, The Tower, and GUP (except for the Sparky part). And the only John ep that even comes close is CG.

Vegas rocks! Oh dear, what if she doesn't like it? *runs scared* But it won't be a problem if
          Spoiler:
          you like beaten down, rumpled, cranky, socially maladjusted, dishonest, middle aged gambling addicts with serious issues who are really really hot.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Plus Vengeance, The Ark, Irresponsible, and most of all Sunday. Oh, I guess the second half mentioned covers those. But it's still worth a repeat.

And in S2, Epiphany, The Tower, and GUP (except for the Sparky part). And the only John ep that even comes close is CG.

Vegas rocks! Oh dear, what if she doesn't like it? *runs scared* But it won't be a problem if
            Spoiler:
            you like beaten down, rumpled, cranky, socially maladjusted, dishonest, middle aged gambling addicts with serious issues who are really really hot.
            I don't have any problem with it, although the thing broke my heart again! I just rewatched it. Damn it, there needs to be a fix it fic.
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              I think I've only seen Vengeance once. It was decent, but other than that rather unmemorable.

The Ark had my dual-ship moment at the end. It actually seemed like a good story in theory, but besides the shippy parts it was meh.

Irresponsible, just for the ship at the end. No Lizzie makes me cry.

Sunday, haven't seen it, except for the clips a friend ripped for me and what I saw on the S3 in Review feature. There's no Sparky in that one is there?

You forgot First Strike. Unless you liked it. To me it was boring. Too much flailing over ships and Ellis.

All in all, S3 produced some really high-quality episodes, but the remaninder was not aboce par, to put it lightly.

Comment

ECHOES

What?... I think of Echoes when someone mentions season 3. Michael if it's two, The Gift if it's one.

You know... that's just me....

*goes back to counting words and do Daniel artwork*
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  ECHOES

What?... I think of Echoes when someone mentions season 3. Michael if it's two, The Gift if it's one.

You know, this is a good idea.

In a series of short words, what comes to your mind when you think of each season?

Season One: Bad hair. Beginnings. The Eye. Ford. Sheyla.
                  Season Two: Ronon. Caldwell. No Ford. Michael. Sparky. Duet. Critical Mass.
                  Season Three: The Real World. Sparky. Damn Replicators. Todd. Sunday. First Strike. Sad.
                  Season Four: Eww. Carter. Keller. No Carson. No Weir. Fugly uniforms. Sad.
                  Season Five: The End. Woolsey. Leather. Some Carson. Still no Weir. Apathetic.

Basic keywords.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                    I found this description of Vegas on one board: "if CSI and SGA had a baby raised by Tarantino and Rodriguez, it would be just like "Vegas"" - it's a good description. Can't wait to hear your opinion Eri! I'm very interested to hear how you'll like the music they used. My favorite thing about it is that John is so very flawed and human in this ep.
                    I think that's a very good description. 'Vegas' just doesn't feel like SGA, which I think is part of why we've been able to accept it so well; we don't have all the baggage of the past two years to weigh it down. It's a different universe, just as screwed up in it's own way, that we can twist to our will interpret how we please. And it's crazy!good in what it does with John.

OMG, can you imagine what we might get if Tarantino had ever directed a non-AU episode of SGA? Holy smokes!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

In a series of short words, what comes to your mind when you think of each season?

Season Three: The Real World. Sparky. Damn Replicators. Todd. Sunday. First Strike. Sad.

Basic keywords.
                      *snickers*

I'd add 'Widower!John' to Season Four, and 'More Widower!John' to Season Five. But then, I'm just evil that way.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        OMG, can you imagine what we might get if Tarantino had ever directed a non-AU episode of SGA? Holy smokes!
                        Pure. Awesomeness.

I'm sure he could act in it, too.

Comment

Pure. Awesomeness.

I'm sure he could act in it, too.
                          Our TVs would explode from the awesomeness. And oh, the things he might have done with Sparky. That could've been hysterical!

Comment

I think I've only seen Vengeance once. It was decent, but other than that rather unmemorable.

The Ark had my dual-ship moment at the end. It actually seemed like a good story in theory, but besides the shippy parts it was meh.

Irresponsible, just for the ship at the end. No Lizzie makes me cry.

Sunday, haven't seen it, except for the clips a friend ripped for me and what I saw on the S3 in Review feature. There's no Sparky in that one is there?

You forgot First Strike. Unless you liked it. To me it was boring. Too much flailing over ships and Ellis.

All in all, S3 produced some really high-quality episodes, but the remaninder was not aboce par, to put it lightly.
                            I really disliked Irresponsible, but I have to give credit to Kolya having the line in there about knowing better than to tempt Weir again. I was like "WORD!".

I'm going to have to go back and rewatch some stuff, like "The Ark". I remember liking it in general, but lack of Lizzie made it not on my priority list. I remember enjoying Lizzie's role in First Strike and some of the Sparky moments but being ticked off in general because it was the 'kill off' episode. I know she's technically back for 2-4 more episodes, but that was the end of Torri's cast member run on Atlantis and therefore, to me, is the 'kill off'.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            ECHOES

*goes back to counting words and do Daniel artwork*
                            Echoes! *thumbs up!*

Basic keywords.
                            Season one: The Storm/The Eye. John being young and boyish.
                            Season Two: Gou'uld, for some oddball reason (probably Critical Mass). Lizzie's hair being cutsey-curly. The Siege III. Ford. The Long Goodbye. Conversion. Good Sparky bonding stuff, though nothing specific.
                            Season 3: The Real World. Submersion. Echoes. Deeper Sparky moments--desk sitting, lunch eating, life-risking, etc.
                            Season 4/5: Dark. And Sad. John's sad faces in Adrift/Lifeline sorta sums up that season--and the rest of the show--for me.
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Was going through 'Lifeline' pictures and saw this one of John and it just broke my heart... he really looks like a widower that just lost his wife. He looks on the verge of crying. Poor John...
                              The pic is from the final balcony scene.

Sig by me

Comment

Aw, grieving over the loss of Kate.... I mean, Lizzie....
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X