Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
    While you were away we've grouped up and went on a mission to rescue Elizabeth together. Wanna come?
    Hell yes. ^_^ Though rescuing Elizabeth is contingent on Torri wanting to come back to the show.... who knows if she wants to do that.
    sigpic
    Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
    |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Originally posted by mcat View Post
      PLEASE tell me you have read the Ren!AU on Livejournal.
      Oh, indeed I have.

Best. AU. Fic. EVER!!!!!

That's huge coming from me, as I'm normally a canonist (in all my fandoms) and AUs and canon don't tend to play well together. But this one is just so perfect at capturing the spirit of the characters and weaving in little inside jokes from the canon universe that I feel it's the gold standard by which all AU fics should be judged.

I even print out each story to put in a binder so I can read 'em when I'm away from the computer. Yeah, I'm such a geek.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        I even print out each story to put in a binder so I can read 'em when I'm away from the computer. Yeah, I'm such a geek.
        I love that. I should start doing that...

Vid rec.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ4JWTh2HYU
        Enjoy! Not mine but I love it.

Edit to add: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ2qFJahFmg There's this one too.

Edit to add2 and this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j-AHQ_-Nr0
        Last edited by Anjirika; 09 December 2007, 11:31 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

No more edits.... but you guys HAVE to watch this one.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ63cCg5-jo
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
            With thanks to Zuz who made them, I bring you new X-Mas sparky smilies Merry Christmas all.

How cute!!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Love your thoughts. And the discussion on JM's blog has actually made me feel a little better...like going from blowing out my carotid artery and dying in excruciating pain to having my leg chewed off by rabid squirrels better, but still. *must stop watching Grey's Anatomy* At least they thought about
            Spoiler:
            bringing her back. And there is a huge opening if they decide to go through it. Now it will depend on which producer wins the argument. I think MG is more anti Sparky these days than JM. Never thought I'd hear myself say that. However, TH may have just had enough and tell them to get lost.
            Overall, I am pleased with the response on the TMC episode thread.
            What was it?
            Last edited by Vixen; 09 December 2007, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
              No more edits.... but you guys HAVE to watch this one.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ63cCg5-jo
              Oh gods, not "I will remember you"! *weeps uncontrollably*

Edit: Wow, the way the Sparky hug was set to the lines "I'm so afraid to love you, more afraid to loose" is just... perferct.

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen View Post
                How cute!!

What was it?
                A lot of people are saying they realized they miss her. Though it is ticking me off a bit that they realize it now after she's gone. And as for the ones saying they want more emotion from John, I have to say where have you been? I just hope the writers are surprised by the reaction and realize they made a mistake. Yeah right.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

And as for the ones saying they want more emotion from John, I have to say where have you been?
                  I hardly think that's possible...

Spoiler:

Unless he goes totally out of character and throws a crying fit in front of everyone.

Comment

Spoiler:

Unless he goes totally out of character and throws a crying fit in front of everyone.
                    That was the best moment in the whole entire episode. See sparky didn't even have to be together. lol.

Well I wouldn't have minded a little bit more from John. Like
                    Spoiler:
                    when he found out Elizabeth was dead. It just sort of seemed rushed. This episode needed to be a two parter.
                    sigpic
                    My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

A lot of people are saying they realized they miss her. Though it is ticking me off a bit that they realize it now after she's gone. And as for the ones saying they want more emotion from John, I have to say where have you been? I just hope the writers are surprised by the reaction and realize they made a mistake. Yeah right.
                      If only....

Spoiler:

I haven't seen a sadder cap of John than this.

John: I want my Elizabeth baaaack!

Comment

Oh that scene when he sees her is just.... LOVE. He is so perfect there. There's my inspiration for TSM 14. He almost cried!! Twice in this season! Because Elizabeth! And that's a man who doesn't show his feelings lightly!
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                          Well I wouldn't have minded a little bit more from John. Like
                          Spoiler:
                          when he found out Elizabeth was dead. It just sort of seemed rushed. This episode needed to be a two parter.
                          But there was a cut. From just before he gets told to the wood scene. We don't actually see his reaction... I read a fic earlier that filled that gap. Unfortunately I've been reading so much fic that I can't remember which one it was. (I *HAVE* to study.....) *searches*

Found it: here

And just ransom sadness: (very fitting to Sparky right now)
                          Gloomy Sunday

@Anuna: Well, he looked close to tears half of the episode.

Comment

My forst thought when I read this was to quote Shakespeare... he wrote something about losing (people) didn't he? But the quote that came to mind is from "Hackers" (yeah i watched it): From all the things I lost I miss my mind the most!!!

There's a gaping hole left behind her. oh yes THAT'S the thing that's bugging you but you just don't realize. And emo John is just in place. He should be emo when he sees her. He is blaming himself for all this mess. He shouldn't forgive himself easily. And he should be mind - blown when he sees her - again.

That man loves her for frak's sake.

Comment

But there was a cut. From just before he gets told to the wood scene. We don't actually see his reaction... I read a fic earlier that filled that gap. Unfortunately I've been reading so much fic that I can't remember which one it was. (I *HAVE* to study.....) *searches*

Found it: here

And just ransom sadness: (very fitting to Sparky right now)
                              Gloomy Sunday
                              People may I remind you that this is sci fi, nobody really dies and Oberoth can't be trusted?

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                                People may I remind you that this is sci fi, nobody really dies and Oberoth can't be trusted?

Hey, I like that song. (Like every other song that Sarah McLachlan has ever sung. Few exceptions, granted.) And to quote her: There's a beauty in being sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X