No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ou, we have raging!Shep too? Yeah, I so need to take these damn rosy glasses off sometimes to see the WHOLE picture. *pfffft who'm I kiddin'? Yeah, you're right tho. They said on the commentary that they liked the flashy reveal of Shep's realisation that Weir's still alive.
    ~Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the true warmth. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
      Wanna mint? It's from the first time I was offered it when I first posted here around six months ago, so it's kinda old and *extra* dusty. I decided not to eat it at the time. But I'm willing to part with it for you!
      Thanks Whistler84 and sunny !!! Finally I've got a mint and a cookie of my own... 84, I don't care if it's old since of course I also won't eat it. I'll actually do the same you did. Keep it safe until I feel part enough of this great thread to pass it on to the next newbie. Thanks !!!!!
      Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Promitikins

Um...I'm new and I was reading through the whole thread (so far I'm on post number 1635...um....still have a LONG way to go and I'm not sure when I'll give up and just start reading the recent stuff, but till then...). I felt like posting a reply to one of the early early entries, way back when...:

(quotes FoolishPleasure from March 1, 2005)

I'd have to disagree with that. I'm 18 and my friends and I like Weir MUCH better than Teyla. The "hot chick" or "trophy girl" thing is just getting too old for us. Although, me personally, I LIKE Teyla, but I look up and would want to be like Weir. And so I guess I have more respect for her and think that she'd be a good catch for ANY guy (although I'd like that guy to be Sheppard. ahem. )
        Interesting that your very first post at Gateworld is to complain about MY feelings/thoughts from almost a year ago.

Originally posted by Promitikins
        Hey everyone...

...sorry about posting things off topic, but I was wondering something. In "The Eye", . . . . .I was wondering...was his intense feelings over Weir's death only due to the friendship they had developed? Or could it have also been due to the fear that after Weir dies...he'd have to lead the entire Atlantis expedition, most likely on his own. He seemed hesitant to fill the position of a leading military officer (is that the right phrase?) at the very beginning, but that could be because of his guilt and not because he was afraid of being a leader.

Sorry, I'm not saying I don't see potential for a great relationship between Sheppard and Weir, but I was wondering if there were other reasons behind his actions?
        Lub Lub!
        Promi
        I've heard this before. What was the name of that person. . .oh yeah. .SockPuppet29!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Oh, hey look I totally snagged this from someone's siggy, who in turn has snagged it from a book, so I think we're all even :

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. That's why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. You... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
          ~ Deanna Troi in Imzadi

Que bueno. Muy exelent. I love Peter David.

So cool.
          ~Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the true warmth. ~

Comment

Any info on Allies, Buggy?

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
              Any info on Allies, Buggy?
              oohhh... i am looking for spoilers on Aliies as well!!!! .... cant wait to see the ep anyway
              ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

:goes down on knees: Please *please* PLEASE!!!!. Spoilers? for those of us poor unfortunate souls who must wait an eternity, *mercy*!!!!.

Comment

From what I heard it's the best of s2 so Buggy's probably typing a LOT!

Comment

Just watched Allies!

Spoiler:
                    Not as awesome as The Seige, but it was good in it's own way.

So, I'm assuming you all know about the whole proposed deal with Atlantis. They open negotiations, three wraith come down to Atlantis, and the first thing they(Shep+Weir+Wraith-Lady) talk about is what will happen after the Civil War is over. Shep expresses some concern, the wraith-lady asks why, he responds with, "I guess I'm just worried about my grandchildren". He then looks at Weir, and Weir gives him a look that screams "Certainly you mean OUR grandchildren."

Then, when they're testing the drug out on some random wraith-dude, Wraith-Lady wants into the room, so she totally orders the two of them to let her in. They look at each other (Have some eye-sex) and then they let her in.

Later on, Weir is talking with Beckett and she tells him, "I have been taking the sedatives you prescribed". Which I find SO interesting... I wonder what's up? I hope they explore that in season three.

There's an uber-cute Rodney/Carson moment. They're talking to the wraith scientist and they were explaining how the drug tends to explode, rendering it useless, and Beckett says: "We call it 'flashing'" and then they both giggle nervously, and Beckett even opens his shirt to demonstrate... Oh man, I laughed so hard...

When they finally decide to give the drug delivery system a test, the friendly wraith ship and the Deadalus jump away from Atlantis. Rodney and Ronnon are on the hive ship, and Shep is on the Deadalus. As soon as they leave hyperspace they realize that they were tricked. The two wraith hive ships attack and jump away with Rodney and Ronnon aboard (stuck to the walls with some ooey-goey sludge). Shep also manages to get sucked into the hyperspace window with them in his F-30something.

Anyway, the wraith had managed to obtain the addresses and locations to all the planets the Atlantis gate has ever travelled to. Meaning Earth.

I don't really want to tell you *all* the good lines in the ep, so I'll stop there and say that I expect the second part to be absolutely RIDDLED with Weir-angst. Not only is John MIA, but Weir is losing sleep over something else as well. (If it turns out she has cancer, I'm going to burn my cable-box and hope BSG sues them for copyritght.)

Yup... That's about it!

Now I have to start another count down...
                    Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
                    Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

From what I heard it's the best of s2 so Buggy's probably typing a LOT!
                      Lmao!!!

I guess I did type quite a bit... I could have typed more, though! There were some pretty hilarious parts.

Comment

OMG what if she's pregnant!!!!!

<slaps self>

Hehe, not yet lol.
                        Spoiler:
                        That's intruging, didn't Beckett do something like that to surpress the wraith senses in Micheal?
                        Darn, I don't know if I want to watch it now and then wait as long as I'm going to for the continuation!

Comment

OMG what if she's pregnant!!!!!

<slaps self>

Hehe, not yet lol.
                          Spoiler:
                          That's intruging, didn't Beckett do something like that to surpress the wraith senses in Micheal?
                          Darn, I don't know if I want to watch it now and then wait as long as I'm going to for the continuation!
                          Yeah...
                          Spoiler:
                          I think it will probably be more about her personal life, though... A letter from home maybe.

Or the pregnant option!! LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                            Interesting that your very first post at Gateworld is to complain about MY feelings/thoughts from almost a year ago.
                            I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything personal by it. I wasn't complaining, but disagreeing and offering another opinion or, I guess you can say, sharing MY feelings/thoughts on the matter.

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                            I've heard this before. What was the name of that person. . .oh yeah. .SockPuppet29!

Sorry again...like I've said, I haven't read through the whole thread yet. I'm getting there...just gotta bear with me for a bit.

Lub Lub

Comment

Originally posted by Buggy542
                              Yeah...
                              Spoiler:
                              I think it will probably be more about her personal life, though... A letter from home maybe.

Or the pregnant option!! LOL!!
                              Spoiler:
                              I think it might be something as simple as she doesn't think she can do her job anymore, especially with all that has happened lately.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit
                                Spoiler:
                                I think it might be something as simple as she doesn't think she can do her job anymore, especially with all that has happened lately.
                                That makes sense.
                                Spoiler:
                                Especially when there's a spoiler where she's doubting her leading abilities and starts to talk with Landry

Eh, I'm still hoping for the pregnant option.

Comment

Working...
                                X