Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mirafemina
    Phew, so many pages to catch up on after a week away from my laptop...

Well done for finishing International Relations, Mel! I'm hoping you'll continue to cross my two fave shows (and eventually give us Lord John somewhere in the vicinity of the SGC or Atlantis itself) without going crazy with so many nudges from people like me here!

So, we've had fave sparky scenes and dialogue.. what next? It's a little off topic, but I've been thinking how nice it would be to see more interaction between Ronon and Elizabeth in s3, especially after the adorable
    Spoiler:
    lunch scene in Aurora.
    Also, Ronon has a habit of saying stuff that other people don't, so he's primed to be another sparky shipper just like McKay.

I wish there was a magical machine that churned out sparky fanfic. oh wait, there is! It's called the sheppard/weir discussion thread on GW... anyone got any good fics in the making? coz i feel like i've read just about everything that's ever been written about sparky. twice.
    Agreed !!! You can never stay away too long or give up trying to catch up. Two days is maximun.

Also love Mel's fics. Joinning the petition for more !!!!

Yeah !! For more Ronon in S3 !!!!! Not just with Liz, but with everyone. I love that character each episode more.

I have something in the makings, but it's kinda general right now, but some passages can be considered shippy. May or may not turn more overtly shippy later on. It's on FanFiction.net and it's called The Ancient Revelation Series, right now it's just a Weir arc, will be about Ancient Atlantis more later on too. Next update expected for this weekend, probably sunday.
    Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kindu
      Just a word to let you know that I made a new John/Elizabeth music vid !

You can find it there : http://community.livejournal.com/john_elizabeth/

Thanks Kindu. That was a lovely video.

Originally posted by SouthernRed
      After climbing a very steep learning curve to prove that you can indeed teach an old dog new tricks, I'm here with my first feeble attempt at a video. It's Sparky!radio!romance with a touch of woobie!Shep. Let me know what you think. The link is:
      The link is: http://www.sendspace.com/file/fv5k5b
      I'm impressed! Old dog, new tricks...puts me to shame. Very nice work SR, I tried to green you too but have to spread the love around first.
      You too, Luz, for the funny caps, I've got a big owing list.

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

I wish there was a magical machine that churned out sparky fanfic. oh wait, there is! It's called the sheppard/weir discussion thread on GW... anyone got any good fics in the making? coz i feel like i've read just about everything that's ever been written about sparky. twice.
        I'm working on one. It's far in the future (about 4 or 5 years) and a wedding fic. I can post the link here if anyone wants.

Spoiler:
        Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
          I'm working on one. It's far in the future (about 4 or 5 years) and a wedding fic. I can post the link here if anyone wants.
          You never have to ask about posting fic. In the words of Nike: JUST DO IT!

AL

*who's moving up in the world, now a Jaffa Fodder*

"Someday, you two can be a great Jaffa Warrior."

Comment

Originally posted by A.L.
            Speaking of Epiphany not that we were...
            Spoiler:
            First to keep this On Topic, despite Epiphany being a fairly bad epi, it had some great Sparky moments like Lizzie being worried and teasing Shep about his beard. Okay, now onto the Off Topic point. I was watching my S2 tapes last night and in there i have a copy of the Sci-Fi Inside Sci-Fi Friday. And I feel bad for JF because he was all excited about how in an upcoming epi he helped write we would get background on why Shep was demoted. So both he and the fans were disappointed on that point. Oh well. I hear
            Spoiler:
            they'll make up for it in S3. Here's hoping.

AL
            About Epiphany, which i liked... very much

Spoiler:
            In the end when they reunite with Sheppard, it seemed to me that he unleashed his resentment on Elizabeth. Maybe because she was the one who ran to help him to his feet, however i really liked the intensity on that scene, he was pissed, and it seemed she was the one he was most angry with.
            Some visuals .

Comment

Loved the vid, Southern Red. I grew up on Neil Diamond. Faboo!

AL

Comment

Well done for finishing International Relations, Mel! I'm hoping you'll continue to cross my two fave shows (and eventually give us Lord John somewhere in the vicinity of the SGC or Atlantis itself) without going crazy with so many nudges from people like me here!
                Thank you! I have a feeling that Lord Marbury may pop up in "Heir Apparent" so keep your eyes open. And as Major Fischer keeps feeding me plot bunnies, I doubt I'll run out of ideas any time soon...
                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                Last update: 14 April 2006
                Melyanna's Multimedia
                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

I was taking a break froms tudying, and looking at some caps and

Inferno
                  Spoiler:
                  I know they probably don't do this on purpose, but they're so in synch with eachother . They're adorable when they do this mirroring expresions stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                    About Epiphany, which i liked... very much

Spoiler:
                    In the end when they reunite with Sheppard, it seemed to me that he unleashed his resentment on Elizabeth. Maybe because she was the one who ran to help him to his feet, however i really liked the intensity on that scene, he was pissed, and it seemed she was the one he was most angry with.
                    Some visuals .

I noticed that also. I think we discussed it a bit when the episode first aired, but considering all that's come after it's worth restating.
                    Spoiler:
                    IMHO Elizabeth represents Atlantis/home to him, so he lashed out at her first and virtually ignored everybody else. Think about the significance of this. It was his team that he thought abandoned him after being unable to pull him out of the portal. Yet when they arrive to rescue him, he seems most angry at her. Logic would demand that he thank her for getting those guy's butts in gear instead. What's that saying about we always hurt the ones we love?

Originally posted by Luz
                    I was taking a break froms tudying, and looking at some caps and

Inferno
                    Spoiler:
                    I know they probably don't do this on purpose, but they're so in synch with eachother . They're adorable when they do this mirroring expresions stuff.

And did you notice that
                    Spoiler:
                    while Liz was around he didn't once look at you know who?
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                      And did you notice that
                      Spoiler:
                      while Liz was around he didn't once look at you know who?
                      I think this is one of the reasons why the chicks of the week don't phase me at all.
                      Spoiler:
                      It's so clear that Elizabeth has been placed on a level so far above them that it's on another plane of existence, unreachable by these women, or any other woman for that matter.
                      Why be bothered by the occasional fling?, i know it bothers you, and it's your right, but i don't care about it, because he always goes back to her. They are not important, and could never aspire to even begin to compare with her in his eyes.
                      Another thing that caught my attention is something that didn't just happen on this episode, but it's a trend, and it's how on these moments of doom and gloom (at the end of the episodes) it kind of always ends up with Sheppard and Weir looking at eachother, communicating?, drawing strength?. The point is that they always turn to eachother, and it's all in their eyes, no word are necessary.
                      Last edited by Luz; 08 May 2006, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                        After climbing a very steep learning curve to prove that you can indeed teach an old dog new tricks, I'm here with my first feeble attempt at a video. It's Sparky!radio!romance with a touch of woobie!Shep. Let me know what you think. The link is:
                        The link is: http://www.sendspace.com/file/fv5k5b
                        SR, that was awesome!! *I used to listen to Neil Diamond a lot when I was a teenager* Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, so much radios$x!

Reminds me of M/S and their cell phones. (yeah, I know it's been mentioned before, but still!)
                        SGA: the 3-season show...

Comment

wow! since you guys are talking about shep and weir posing the same way wiht each other, here's a wall!

Spoiler:

i mean they pose in the promo pics the same damn it! it must be love!!!
                          A OUT AND PROUD TORRI/ELIZABETH FAN
                          sig made by samjack_girl, icons by me!

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                            Thank you! I have a feeling that Lord Marbury may pop up in "Heir Apparent" so keep your eyes open. And as Major Fischer keeps feeding me plot bunnies, I doubt I'll run out of ideas any time soon...
                            *breeding more secretly*

I don't know what you are talking about Mel.

Comment

Someone mentioned plot bunnies

*runs and quivers*

Comment

Originally posted by Major Zoidberg
                                Someone mentioned plot bunnies

*runs and quivers*
                                I agree! I have soo many plot bunnies right now it's not right. And i still have to finish This Is Not Happening (a John is pregnant with Lizzie's baby fic...) and my entry for the May Sparks challenge!
                                No more plot bunnies!

Spoiler:
                                Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Working...
                                X