No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I skipped rope-skipping today.
    Glad it's the end of the week cause I'm so tired but autumn has finally come and with it, very likely, the first cold of the season. I have been doing a lot of sneezing the last few days (which also uses the same muscles you use when golfing if you must know).
    Aaah yeah. It's weird finding out what parts are connected and how they can mess each other up.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I need to do more walking, but insurance is still holding up on me getting the new medicine that I need to feel well enough to do it. Not that I'm bitter or anything.
    Ugh! *sporks insurance*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And it's Friday the 13th!!!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Ugh! *sporks insurance*
      I'm actually wondering now if it wasn't insurance, but instead my doctor just not starting the process. Because I emailed the doctor earlier today, and now the medication is at least on my list of medicines on the online portal. It wasn't before I emailed the doctor. The pharmacy listed for the medicine, though, is the main pharmacy company for my insurance in Maine. So I'm wondering if he just finally submitted it for approval today after I reminded him.

I'm beyond done.

I'm also waiting to get an MRI approved for my low back. That's going nowhere fast too.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

And it's Friday the 13th!!!!
        Yup! And today we've got that annular solar eclipse out here...the clouds have parted enough that we're getting some good views right now. We'll see if the clouds continue to cooperate...

I'm actually wondering now if it wasn't insurance, but instead my doctor just not starting the process. Because I emailed the doctor earlier today, and now the medication is at least on my list of medicines on the online portal. It wasn't before I emailed the doctor. The pharmacy listed for the medicine, though, is the main pharmacy company for my insurance in Maine. So I'm wondering if he just finally submitted it for approval today after I reminded him.

I'm beyond done.

I'm also waiting to get an MRI approved for my low back. That's going nowhere fast too.
        Ugh! If there's one thing I hate, it's people dropping the ball and not doing what they say they're going to do, and really important things get hung up because of it. I'm sorry you've got to deal with that. *hugs*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I played golf today ... on my Wii console.

First 18 hole round was appaling to say the least. Second round was way better.
          Remembered some tips from last week and while playing golf on the game console is very different than in real life, I did get some interesting scores.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

SK, I saw that Notre Dame beat USC. I'm sorry.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus

Remembered some tips from last week and while playing golf on the game console is very different than in real life, I did get some interesting scores.
            Ooh, I haven't played on my Wii in forever. Good times.

Yup! And today we've got that annular solar eclipse out here...the clouds have parted enough that we're getting some good views right now. We'll see if the clouds continue to cooperate...
            Oooh, I heard about that. What did it look like?

Ugh! If there's one thing I hate, it's people dropping the ball and not doing what they say they're going to do, and really important things get hung up because of it. I'm sorry you've got to deal with that. *hugs*
            Well, I finally have some momentum on this. The medicine is now showing up in the Specialty Pharmacy of my insurance as being in process. It says it has to have a pharmacist look at it, then a "care coordinator" and then it will be shipped from Maine. This is why my doctor originally said it would take a week or so. If only he'd actually submitted it way back on the 4th.
            Last edited by JT-2; 15 October 2023, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Coolness!

SK, I saw that Notre Dame beat USC. I'm sorry.
              Nothing less than I expected...a slaughter. And I also offer my condolences for Rhode Island.

​​​​​​​
              Oooh, I heard about that. What did it look like?
              Well, we were just outside the path of full eclipse, so it didn't get quite as dark up here, but it was cool to see the shadows from the tree leaves turn into crescents and the light get all weird. Perfect for October!

​​​​​​​
              Well, I finally have some momentum on this. The medicine is now showing up in the Specialty Pharmacy of my insurance as being in process. It says it has to have a pharmacist look at it, then a "care coordinator" and then it will be shipped from Maine. This is why my doctor originally said it would take a week or so. If only he'd actually submitted it way back on the 4th.
              Ugh! Well, at least it is finally moving, and that's a good thing. Just gotta remember to keep that stick handy...

And now, on to this week's College Football Roundup! It was a mixed bag of a week, as USC fell to Notre Dame 48-20, Tennessee beat Texas A&M 20-13, Rhode Island fell to Richmond 24-17, and in the race for the Atlantis Cup, Air Force beat Wyoming 34-27, and Navy shut out Charlotte 14-0. On to next week!

Comment

Nothing less than I expected...a slaughter. And I also offer my condolences for Rhode Island.
                Thank you. In pro news... as expected, the Raiders beat the Patriots. But also as expected, my family wasn't upset since the Patriots are so very bad this season. The worst news was that the Raiders QB got hurt and was sent to the ER. I hope he's okay!!

Well, we were just outside the path of full eclipse, so it didn't get quite as dark up here, but it was cool to see the shadows from the tree leaves turn into crescents and the light get all weird. Perfect for October!
                Very cool!!
                ​​​​​​​

Ugh! Well, at least it is finally moving, and that's a good thing. Just gotta remember to keep that stick handy...
                I am supposed to get the delivery of my medicine on Tuesday afternoon. Woohoo!! So it only took a few days..... once he submitted the request. If the doctor had just replied to me and said "sorry, it's on its way now" then I would have been more understanding. But he didn't respond at all. *sigh*

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Thank you. In pro news... as expected, the Raiders beat the Patriots. But also as expected, my family wasn't upset since the Patriots are so very bad this season. The worst news was that the Raiders QB got hurt and was sent to the ER. I hope he's okay!!
                  Eeep! I hope he's okay, too!

I am supposed to get the delivery of my medicine on Tuesday afternoon. Woohoo!! So it only took a few days..... once he submitted the request. If the doctor had just replied to me and said "sorry, it's on its way now" then I would have been more understanding. But he didn't respond at all. *sigh*
                  *joins in the heavy sigh brigade*

Comment

I saw some lovely fall foliage this morning. It's not peak time for it yet, but it was still lovely. Pretty reds and yellows and oranges.

Eeep! I hope he's okay, too!
                    Sounds like he's not seriously injured, in a major health sense. So that's very good news. No news on whether he'll be able to return for the season, though. If I'm being honest, they weren't good enough to be making the playoffs this season anyway. They're 3-3 right now.

*joins in the heavy sigh brigade*
                    I got some good news today. They finally (over a month after I started the process) called me to set up my low back MRI. It's scheduled for Saturday. And then the very next Saturday I have my annual cancer check MRI. I sure know how to have a good time, don't I?

Comment

"Belgian police are hunting a gunman with suspected terrorist motives who killed two Swedish nationals"
                      Is Place Sainctele' anywhere near you FH? Are you and your sister, and family OK?
                      http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                        "Belgian police are hunting a gunman with suspected terrorist motives who killed two Swedish nationals"
                        Is Place Sainctele' anywhere near you FH? Are you and your sister, and family OK?
                        ​*sending love to FH and Belgium*

I saw some lovely fall foliage this morning. It's not peak time for it yet, but it was still lovely. Pretty reds and yellows and oranges.
                        Yay! The maples are turning up here too. A marvelous golden display!

Sounds like he's not seriously injured, in a major health sense. So that's very good news. No news on whether he'll be able to return for the season, though. If I'm being honest, they weren't good enough to be making the playoffs this season anyway. They're 3-3 right now.
                        Sounds like a good time to tap out and get a good rest for next season...

I got some good news today. They finally (over a month after I started the process) called me to set up my low back MRI. It's scheduled for Saturday. And then the very next Saturday I have my annual cancer check MRI. I sure know how to have a good time, don't I?
                        Well, at least they're not the same day! On the other hand, bundling them together on the same day would be a timesaver, so there's that...

Comment

And now, on to this week's College Football Roundup! It was a mixed bag of a week, as USC fell to Notre Dame 48-20, Tennessee beat Texas A&M 20-13, Rhode Island fell to Richmond 24-17, and in the race for the Atlantis Cup, Air Force beat Wyoming 34-27, and Navy shut out Charlotte 14-0. On to next week!
                          ​Falcon's are on a roll.

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                          This happened in the capital, Brussels, and nope, that's not anywhere near me. That's about 33km (20,5 miles) from where I live (which is closer than I thought it would be). I passed by Schaerbeek (the location of the shooting) 2 weeks ago when I had to be in Brussels for a project.

They caught the guy. Shot him and he died en route to the hospital.

Didn't even know what had happened until I opened Twitter late last night and saw that Brussels was on threat alert 4 (the rest of the country is apparently on 3), and our Red Devils were playing the Swedish national team but the game had been suspended (for obvious reasons).

"A terror alert for Brussels was raised overnight to 4, the top of Belgian's scale, indicating an extremely serious threat. It previously stood at 2, which means the threat was average. The alert level for the rest of the country was raised to 3."
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Glad you and family are OK FH. Wth all the running around you & Pat do I never know where you are.
                            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

I took my first injection of the new medicine last night. It's supposed to start working in 1-2 weeks. So hopefully by my birthday I'll be feeling a little better.

Yay! The maples are turning up here too. A marvelous golden display!
                              Autumn is my favorite season!!

Sounds like a good time to tap out and get a good rest for next season...
                              My thoughts, exactly.

This happened in the capital, Brussels, and nope, that's not anywhere near me. That's about 33km (20,5 miles) from where I live (which is closer than I thought it would be). I passed by Schaerbeek (the location of the shooting) 2 weeks ago when I had to be in Brussels for a project.

Didn't even know what had happened until I opened Twitter late last night and saw that Brussels was on threat alert 4 (the rest of the country is apparently on 3), and our Red Devils were playing the Swedish national team but the game had been suspended (for obvious reasons).

"A terror alert for Brussels was raised overnight to 4, the top of Belgian's scale, indicating an extremely serious threat. It previously stood at 2, which means the threat was average. The alert level for the rest of the country was raised to 3."
                              What a horrible thing to happen! I'm glad the suspect was caught.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I took my first injection of the new medicine last night. It's supposed to start working in 1-2 weeks. So hopefully by my birthday I'll be feeling a little better.
                                Here's hoping! *crosses fingers*

Glad you and your family are okay and that they got the guy. *hugs*

Comment

Working...
                                X