No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National holiday and we met up with friends at the zoo -- not our brightest idea cause the weather decided to play really nice so there were looooooots of people at the zoo, and we had to park our car at the far end of the parking lot (I didn't even know the parking lot went that far back).

Anywho... extra fun were the Lego statues of animals around the park. Have pictures, will put them on Insta tomorrow. Most animals were out and about... obviously snoozing cause it was really warm in the sun. The Tasmanian Devil was spread out, clearly indicating they were trying to cool down, but they missed the point entirely cause they were doing it in direct sunlight on top of a concrete underground.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Went to the zoo once, a long time ago. My partner suggested I was going to see my relatives in the monkey house, I agreed that indeed I was visiting my inlaws. She didn't say it again. And we got divorced, but not because of that)

Your Tasmanian Devils, being from Australia, were probably enjoying the heat, and were in fact sun baking. IF2OTnc.gif
      http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Wilderness train views! I love taking scenic trains rides.I hope you are able to get away JT2. That sounds like a lovely idea. I need to pick up some Spanish myself, I don’t mind getting lost if I am in places where I can get by with language, but I don’t like it all when I only know the basic tourist phrases.

I have a hiking friend who moved to the Seattle area and she is killing me with her hiking pics. I really wish I could get out there but don’t think it will happen this year.

Also my poor cat seems to be on the mend. He is jumping back up on all the things and in much better spirits. It was a loooooong week of not much sleep though, poor little dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
          Wilderness train views! I love taking scenic trains rides.I hope you are able to get away JT2. That sounds like a lovely idea. I need to pick up some Spanish myself, I don’t mind getting lost if I am in places where I can get by with language, but I don’t like it all when I only know the basic tourist phrases.

I have a hiking friend who moved to the Seattle area and she is killing me with her hiking pics. I really wish I could get out there but don’t think it will happen this year.

Also my poor cat seems to be on the mend. He is jumping back up on all the things and in much better spirits. It was a loooooong week of not much sleep though, poor little dude.
          I'm so glad your cat is doing better!!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Whew! I was here yesterday, and totally forgot to post because I was so busy writing, LOL! No worries, here I am!

Falcon Horus, that zoo trip sounds fun! (even with the larger crowds!) Glad you had a great time!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Or in my case some good fanfic. Seriously, one dream I was walking (on a leash) this squid like creature that found and mated with another squid like creature, then splattered all over me and I had to keep peeling bits of goo off me. I didn't even eat anything weird last night. Only thing I did of note was going to see Barbie. This older woman came up to me asking if it was Oppenheimer. Sweetie, there's a musical number happening right now on the screen. This is not Oppenheimer.
            ZOMG!

I was just checking out room availability in September at the beaches down in Westerly, RI (the furthest mainland South in RI you can get... Taylor Swift has a house there. Very nice beach town that I've only been to once before when I was working for the electric company in college). I need to get out of the house for a few days. And there are rooms for 2 nights for only $250.

Also, I was texting my friend that I went to Cancun with. She thought our getting lost was "the best"! Two kinds of people....
            Oooh, the beach house idea sounds good!

Your friend is nuts, LOL!

​TRAINS! I love trains, a scenic train ride sounds awesome!

Glad the kitty is doing better! *hugs*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

My cat is spoiled now (deservedly so after what he went through). He thinks he needs this special kitty gravy (from the vet for hydration) all the time. He knows where it is too, he goes to that spot on the floor below the counter where it’s stored and meows away.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Whew! I was here yesterday, and totally forgot to post because I was so busy writing, LOL! No worries, here I am!
                I was wondering why you hadn't posted. Don't worry me like that!

Oooh, the beach house idea sounds good!

Your friend is nuts, LOL!
                That she is. She sees things like that as adventures. I see them as struggles we miraculously escaped from.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
                My cat is spoiled now (deservedly so after what he went through). He thinks he needs this special kitty gravy (from the vet for hydration) all the time. He knows where it is too, he goes to that spot on the floor below the counter where it’s stored and meows away.

As I tag some of my cat posts on Tumblr... cats are a-holes, but that's why we love them. That's hilarious. Smart kitty!!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

LOL! Clever kitty! Well, at least he likes the stuff and you don't have to struggle to get him to eat it.

I was wondering why you hadn't posted. Don't worry me like that!
                  Sorry about that! *hugs you* No worries, I'm here. It's just when I'm in the zone, I'm...in the zone.

That she is. She sees things like that as adventures. I see them as struggles we miraculously escaped from.
                  At least you didn't have to run from Wraith like Team Shep did so many times over the years!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I was out in a bad storm this morning. Drove through a flooded area that I really should have avoided but there was no way around it. There were a few lightning cracks so loud that it felt like the car had been struck. But at least I didn't get hit by a tornado and tossed in the air like one local woman did!!

LOL! Clever kitty! Well, at least he likes the stuff and you don't have to struggle to get him to eat it.
                    Too true!! My last cat, when he got to be pretty old, needed to eat a special diet for his kidneys. But the stubborn cat refused to eat the special (and expensive) kidney food I got him, no matter what I did to it. I put tuna juice on it, etc. He was like .... NO! Eventually I gave up and let him eat what he wanted.

Sorry about that! *hugs you* No worries, I'm here. It's just when I'm in the zone, I'm...in the zone.
                    I hear you!

At least you didn't have to run from Wraith like Team Shep did so many times over the years!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Wildfire smoke coming in this morning. The sky is already an icky orange.

I was out in a bad storm this morning. Drove through a flooded area that I really should have avoided but there was no way around it. There were a few lightning cracks so loud that it felt like the car had been struck. But at least I didn't get hit by a tornado and tossed in the air like one local woman did!!
                      OMG!

Too true!! My last cat, when he got to be pretty old, needed to eat a special diet for his kidneys. But the stubborn cat refused to eat the special (and expensive) kidney food I got him, no matter what I did to it. I put tuna juice on it, etc. He was like .... NO! Eventually I gave up and let him eat what he wanted.
                      Silly, silly kitty!

Comment

I went out to a Mexican restaurant tonight. Disturbing lack of tequila in the frozen margaritas. *tsk tsk* I had 2 big glasses worth and got zero buzz whatsoever.

Wildfire smoke coming in this morning. The sky is already an icky orange.

Oh dear!! That wildfire smoke is just wicked.

OMG!
                        Yeah, we don't usually get tornados around here. I hope the poor woman ended up being okay.

Silly, silly kitty!
                        Yup! I was just trying to keep him healthy for longer, but he was too damn stubborn.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

I went out to a Mexican restaurant tonight. Disturbing lack of tequila in the frozen margaritas. *tsk tsk* I had 2 big glasses worth and got zero buzz whatsoever.
                          Booo! Won't be going back there again, eh?

Oh dear!! That wildfire smoke is just wicked.
                          And it's even worse this morning.

Yeah, we don't usually get tornados around here. I hope the poor woman ended up being okay.
                          Me too, that had to have been scary as heck for her.

Yup! I was just trying to keep him healthy for longer, but he was too damn stubborn.
                          Typical cat, eh?

Comment

Only like 11 days until Dragon Con. I have two cosplays.
                            sigpic
                            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I had a whole response typed out when my browser went bonkers and I lost it all. Let's try this again....

Booo! Won't be going back there again, eh?
                              Absolutely not! And the food wasn't terribly good either, so N-O. I told the group, repeatedly, about a much better place in the area in case they want to try Mexican food again.

And it's even worse this morning.
                              Oh no!! How long is it supposed to last?

Me too, that had to have been scary as heck for her.
                              Right?? Imagine you're driving down the highway when all of a sudden, you're airborne!

Typical cat, eh?
                              Heh, yeah, basically.

Originally posted by Morgania
                              Oooh, exciting! What are they?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I had a whole response typed out when my browser went bonkers and I lost it all. Let's try this again....
                                Gah, I hate when that happens!

Absolutely not! And the food wasn't terribly good either, so N-O. I told the group, repeatedly, about a much better place in the area in case they want to try Mexican food again.
                                Hopefully they got the point...

Oh no!! How long is it supposed to last?
                                It's supposed to start clearing out by this afternoon. Still looks rather soupy right now, though.

Right?? Imagine you're driving down the highway when all of a sudden, you're airborne!
                                I don't know if I'd be screaming my head off, or too scared to even scream.

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                                Oooh, neat! Who/what will you be cosplaying as? Have a great time at the con!

Comment

Working...
                                X