Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

/bump

I've finally made it back to the thread...
    My blog sigpic

Comment

Lovely sigs, Leighanners!! And congrats for your 1800th post!!!

Comment

Paul co-stars in the movie currently number 2 on Hey Nielsen.

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by phynyxoffyre View Post

I like it here too. Everyone's friendly and cares. It's nice.
          YEP! That's why I like it in here. And if you sway from topic, you aren't hung in the town square.

Originally posted by beaugarcon View Post
          /bump

HI! Welcome back!

Originally posted by JennyJ View Post
          Lovely sigs, Leighanners!! And congrats for your 1800th post!!!
          Thank you, thank you!
          Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
            "STAMPEDE! RUN!"
            LOL ... exactly! Beware of the extreme excitement and squeeling of the fangirl!

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
            It's not just the acting IMO, but it's the chemistry. She just doesn't fit with the other characters, there isn't that spark so to say. Ya know what I'm saying? Even if she was turning in a stellar acting performance (which quite frankly, JS isn't delivering in that aspect) she still wouldn't fit because she doesn't have the chemistry with the other characters.
            I completely agree about the chemistry aspect of things. Not only doesn't she pop off the screen like Carson did but she doesn't jive as well with the rest of the cast. It just makes everything seem flat and detached.

It is quite annoying how quickly they introduced the new CMO. You know, I wonder if they didn't think things through as well as it could have been. I mean as a PTB you've got to have some idea of where your show is going, and if you know that you're going to have an episode or two that's going to revolve around the infirmary rather heavily I would think you'd want those scenes to have as much emotional impact as possible. They just don't have, and in my opinion aren't going to have, that with a stranger heading the charge. In the end, the emtional impact of Carson's death was minuscule compared to what the emotional impact could have been with him still in the infirmary. Just my opinion, of course.

Compared to Carson, Keller just seems bland right now It's sad really, that they were in such a rush to get the character on the show. I think it's really going to make it harder for people to warm up to her. If they had played her up a bit more before introducing her, it probably would have helped.
            Definitely. If she'd been around more than once before "Adrift" it might have helped with the chemistry. As it was we've now seen her what? Once for a brief few seconds in the s3 finale and in "Adrift?" It's just too little to late.

It could have been interesting to see her working with Carson, or around him. They could've played something like that up or something. I'm not sure, something to make it feel less like she's just been dropped into the thick of things with no anchor.

Anyway, the actual point of me coming on right now was to share the sigs I've made so far today. There's nothing at all spoilery about them, but this post is already going to be longer than I intended so I'll put them in spoilers to save on space.

Enjoy!
            Spoiler:

Cheers!

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
            "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Hey all, to those who were at the rally, this was on JMs blog tonight:

Jen Kirk writes: “At the SCB Rally in March Ivon and Martin were out there in full force filming and interviewing. Is any of that gonna be used for anything?”

Answer: It may find its way into a special feature.
              Who knows if it'll happen but its kinda funny to know its possible!!!

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...er-4-2007.html

sigpic
              www.savecarsonbeckett.com
              Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

*hugs!* yay! found my people!

Im new... >__> if thats not obvious enough ^_^;

but i hang out on the SCB group stuff! so i might know some of yall =D

anyway, HI!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Awesome. Me and my SGA DVD's will be having fun over the next few days then.
                  *waits impatiently*

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/6392/lovehatelo3.jpg

didn't come out like I wanted it to. might play with it later, but right now I'm so tired I can't hardly see. goodnight gals!
                  Very nice creation, leighanners! I can't believe you did that in less than fifteen minutes.

Woohoo, , posts!

That was one hell of a Carson pics spam, Oda! My favourites were the first and the last three.

Originally posted by phibi View Post
                  now that I've seen the new opening credits, I know what you mean.... gosh, they could have made a completely new one. It's totally awkward to see the same credits, just replace torri with amanda and a few random scenes where paul had been... I call that unprofessionell...
                  Having the opening credits only change marginally and just remove Tori Higginson and Paul McGillion is simply cruel. They really should have more class..., wait, I know they don't!

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                  Actually, I was looking at the picture again this morning and does anyone remember the story Chicken Little? You know, "the sky is falling?" The picture kind of reminds me of that, except maybe "the fangirls are coming"

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...eckettduet.jpg
                  <snip...>
                  Chair love!! Yay! How great is that? *faints*

Awesome run of caps!!
                  <snip...>
                  http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...tinstinct1.jpg
                  The End
                  lol at the fangirls comment. I fear it's true; they can be very scary! (Who? We? Me? NO, WE'RE HARMLESS!) If I were him, I'd start running too.

Always of service when it comes to serve the right pics!

And I just knew you'd post this lovely backside pic at the end of this post!

"STAMPEDE! RUN!"
                  No, we'd never overrun our lovely Carson! But he might get a few tackles when the catfight for the cuddling starts...

I will keep this thread alive single handedly if I have to. I like it in here. It's kinda cozy. *snuggles down in thread*
                  Have no fear, I'll keep you company. *snuggles down next to leighanners*
                  Good to know, girls! I'll raise the flag if you help defending her! *snuggles down hugging leighanners and idlewild*

/bump

Hey, welcome back on board, beaugarcon!
                  Long time no see; you've been busy with RL? Join the madness in the gutter again. *splashes right in*

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/watcher652/David%20Hewlett/20071004heynielsenpeopleb.jpg

Paul co-stars in the movie currently number 2 on Hey Nielsen.
                  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...senmoviesb.jpg
                  Very cool, PM already made it to the sixth position! JoeF DavidH and PaulMcG in the top ten--well done fangirls and boys!

And Dog's Breakfast first past the pole position; that's awesome as well!

I completely agree about the chemistry aspect of things. Not only doesn't she pop off the screen like Carson did but she doesn't jive as well with the rest of the cast. It just makes everything seem flat and detached.
                  <snip...>
                  It could have been interesting to see her working with Carson, or around him. They could've played something like that up or something. I'm not sure, something to make it feel less like she's just been dropped into the thick of things with no anchor.

Enjoy!
                  Yes, chemistry with the cast is very important! When I saw "Rising" for the first time, I didn't have the feeling of total strangers interacting with each other, especially Paul McGillion and David Hewlett just klicked right from the beginning, so it doesn't necessarily have to do with the time you already know someone. Maybe it does get better after a few episodes.

I too think that having Keller around for at least one appearance with Carson would have been a much better transition because they could have evoked the impression that they've been working together for some time already. It certainly didn't help matters that the doctor with the migrane in 'Sunday' wasn't her. There was no connection to her at all when she suddenly appeared.

Squeeee!!! The new banners are brilliant, cshawzye! The last two are just perfect!

Originally posted by Tippy View Post

anyway, HI!!!
                  Warmest to GateWorld in general and especially the Beckett thunk thread, Tippy!
                  We hope you like your new home in the gutter...

More caps to encourage phynyx...
                  Spoiler:

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                  sigpic

Comment

/bump

Welcome back, beaugarcon! Good to see you again! How's school going?

Welcome, Tippy! You're definitely in the right place. There are plenty of us SCB folks here.

I'm in total agreement with what everyone else is saying about Keller ... I feel really bad, because I actually like Jewel quite a lot (I'm a huge Firefly fan, and I even liked her back on "Space Cases" when she was a little kid!), but she is just not cutting it in this role. Even my husband (who ADORED her as Kaylee) thought she seemed ridiculous as CMO - at one point during "Adrift" he turned to me and said, "What is she, 15 years old??"

Gratuitous pic post:

(Carson looks how I feel about the new season ...)

Comment

Originally posted by phibi View Post
                      now that I've seen the new opening credits, I know what you mean.... gosh, they could have made a completely new one. It's totally awkward to see the same credits, just replace torri with amanda and a few random scenes where paul had been... I call that unprofessionell...
                      Probably they didn't have more money... I'm just trying to understand it on a funny way...

Comment

<snip>
                        Enjoy!
                        Spoiler:

Cheers!
                        Squeee Squee SQUEE!!!!!
                        I love love love those banners, 'specially the last one!!

anyway, HI!!!
                        A very warm Welcome to the thread!! The more the merrier

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
                        <snip>
                        Good to know, girls! I'll raise the flag if you help defending her! *snuggles down hugging leighanners and idlewild*
                        Yays!!! *snuggles and hugs*

Uh oh... *thinks* ...there was something I was going to say in here, now I can't remember, or... was it in here. Maybe it was another thread... *wanders off*

I hate brain farts.

Well, pic spam will have to suffice
                        Spoiler:

h/o *pause* water fight in my house.....

okay, all done, I'm wet now, lol, but that was fun.... *play*

I feel like including the fan favorite tonight

Okay, I'm good now!!

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Uh oh... *thinks* ...there was something I was going to say in here, now I can't remember, or... was it in here. Maybe it was another thread... *wanders off*

I hate brain farts.

Well, pic spam will have to suffice

Okay, I'm good now!!
                          Are we a bit scatter-brained today, idlewild?
                          Nonetheless, posting more pics is always a favourite option in this thread. And I can still make you feel better!
                          Spoiler:

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                          sigpic

Comment

anyway, HI!!!
                            Hey!! Welcome to GateWorld and to the thread! Pull up a seat and stay awhile.
                            lol at the fangirls comment. I fear it's true; they can be very scary! (Who? We? Me? NO, WE'RE HARMLESS!) If I were him, I'd start running too.

Always of service when it comes to serve the right pics!

And I just knew you'd post this lovely backside pic at the end of this post!
                            Yes, we're harmless as long as you leave our CMO where he belongs, but mess with our love and watch out ... hehe.

As for the backside pic, well who doesn't love a good backside pic? hehe.
                            Yes, chemistry with the cast is very important! When I saw "Rising" for the first time, I didn't have the feeling of total strangers interacting with each other, especially Paul McGillion and David Hewlett just klicked right from the beginning, so it doesn't necessarily have to do with the time you already know someone. Maybe it does get better after a few episodes.

I too think that having Keller around for at least one appearance with Carson would have been a much better transition because they could have evoked the impression that they've been working together for some time already. It certainly didn't help matters that the doctor with the migrane in 'Sunday' wasn't her. There was no connection to her at all when she suddenly appeared.
                            Very good point! David and Paul worked fabulously together right from the start. As did the rest of the cast. Part of that had to do with the actors, but I think there is also the fact that nothing was established with them. It was a clean slate. So they could play and establish these connections and draw on the slate. For JS and Keller it's a lot different. Those lines and connections have already been drawn and firmly established. She's got to try and figure out where her character fits and where she can draw her own connection lines. One full episode and a couple of lines in another is by no means enough to do that, no matter the caliber of the actor/actress. It's a really tough position to be in and I give JS a lot of credit for what she has been able to do with what she's been given. I do definitely feel for her, because I am trying to give her character a chance and to like her, but I just, I don't know, she's no Carson. And it's very hard not to think that when she appears on the screen.

And yeah, had she been brought in at least once prior to the incident, and had established connections with Carson and the rest of the group her character would have a place to start drawing her lines. As it is she's kind of floating. Hopefully she'll find a place in the next couple of episodes she's in so it won't seem so much like she's just floating.
                            Squeeee!!! The new banners are brilliant, cshawzye! The last two are just perfect!
                            Squeee Squee SQUEE!!!!!
                            I love love love those banners, 'specially the last one!!
                            Thanks! I'm so glad you guys like them! They were a blast to make.

I think I might actually try using that other pic and doing a fangirls banner ... But I don't know. I'm trying to picture it and it's not coming together in my head. The picture isn't speaking the right way I guess ...
                            Originally posted by TJinLOCA View Post
                            I'm in total agreement with what everyone else is saying about Keller ... I feel really bad, because I actually like Jewel quite a lot (I'm a huge Firefly fan, and I even liked her back on "Space Cases" when she was a little kid!), but she is just not cutting it in this role. Even my husband (who ADORED her as Kaylee) thought she seemed ridiculous as CMO - at one point during "Adrift" he turned to me and said, "What is she, 15 years old??"
                            I loved JS in Firefly! So good. I'm a Simon/Kaylee shipper all the way. I think I ran into trouble with JS in "Adrift" because of my love for Kaylee. I kept hearing or being reminded of Kaylee. I love Kaylee, she's a great character, but she definitely doesn't jive with who Keller is supposed to be. So in the end, on top of everything else, it was a little distracting thinking of Kaylee while I watched her play a CMO.

Great pic spams everyone! Loving all the amazing pics as usual. He's so easy on the eyes *sigh*

Well, since I did it before and it worked, I figured why not keep tradition alive?

The End

Cheers!

"Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Are we a bit scatter-brained today, idlewild?

Meeeeeeeybeee

Nonetheless, posting more pics is always a favourite option in this thread. And I can still make you feel better!

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...illionkilt.jpg
                              Omigosh, I LOVE the second picture. *THUNK*

Gotta add a few more

(warning.... I'm in an incredible goofy mood tonight XD)
                              Spoiler:

It's.... the incredible BLUR!!!

Where?

The Blur?? OH NO

Okay, I admit, it was me.

Carson?? How could you?

What did I tell you about using the focus shifter device

Ummmm.... oops

I won't do it again, promise

Well, if you're sure we guess it's alright

Oh yeah, I'm sure

lmao, that was beyond fun.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

LOL!! That's great idlewild! I so want to green you for that but for some strange and unknown reason it won't let me. *tosses out mental greens*

hehe ... I think you've just solved how Carson will be coming back. He didn't die, he just went out of focus. So far out of focus that he's no longer visible, but hey!

I love the first pic and it fits very well with "the fangirls are coming" art project I'm trying to work out. Do you mind if I snurch it?

Oh, and I can't forget the Zelenka/Carson moment. One of my all time favourite moments that one is.

Along with the "it's called flashing" moment, but I can't find that pic. And all of a sudden I'm rambling so I'm going to end this post here ... I think ...

Comment

Working...
                                X