No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long was he over there getting over the jet lag? Noon over there is like 4am in Vancouver, isn't it? Considering that, noon really isn't that late for a night owl... not at all.

(((((((((((((((Allestian)))))))))))))) Hang in there, hon'! We're here for ya, and I'll still be thunking him with you for quite some time! We all go through times where we feel listless and directionless, but we all have to live our own lives... including Paul. ((((((((((((Paul))))))))))))

Comment

huggles Allestian - I know life seems tough at the moment, but it will get better. The relationship between parents and children is a tough one. I still find things difficult with my Dad from time to time, and he forfets that I'm an adult though I've been living on my own for 20 years or so.

But just remember that you're a great person, and you have all your future before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
        Me too! Oh, c'mon, somebody has to have taped it. Will we see it on youtube? *crosses fingers*
        We had strict directions not to tape anything (there'll be an official DVD). We were allowed to make photos but not to record anything. I guess some people might have done it anyway, so who knows, maybe you'll find something on youtube.

I bet he has a lovely voice, even if he can't sing all that well. He can still sing for me any time!
        Hehe, yes, his singing voice is actually pretty nice. It's very warm and calming and I bet I'd melt if he sang me a lullaby - his voice would be perfect for that!

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
        I'm depressed. I actually broke down and started crying in my theatre tutor's office this afternoon.
        (((((Allestian)))) Big hugs for you darling! But please, stop the suicide thoughts! Life may seem crazy and mean sometimes, but suicide isn't the answer. And I'm not just making this up -
        Spoiler:
        nearly two weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me after nine years. It came as a surprise to me, I had hoped we'd marry in the near future, and then this... I was (still am) devastated. I also have an uncertain future in regards of my job, and I don't have a place to live at the moment (I'm at my parent's place right now). I mentioned all that on the McKay thunk, so some people here might know that I was an emotional wreck. The will to live left me for a short while. Life can be so rough sometimes, and you feel as if there's nothing left for you, nothing that's worth to go on. But you have to stay strong, because if I learnt one thing in the short 27 years I spent on this planet now, then that things always change again. There will be better times, things that are worth living for. Moments that make you happy that you're alive because they are beautiful and you are there to experience them. Trust me, these times will come. Stay strong, and take comfort in your friends. Nothing sounds encouraging when you're down, I know that very well. But it will after a while.
        You only have one life, and when it began you fought to live it and you won - you were born. So everyone of us is a winner in the end. Stay a winner, and hang on until the sun shines again!

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
        How long was he over there getting over the jet lag? Noon over there is like 4am in Vancouver, isn't it? Considering that, noon really isn't that late for a night owl... not at all.
        Hmm, I think he was in Europe for a little over a week. He was in London last weekend, then he was in Edinburgh, now here in Germany. I don't know when he came to England of course, maybe he's been over here for more than eleven days.

Bye, A.
        ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
        ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Still not back in the real world.

I saw Paul leave today, by the way - small cons are great for things like that.

I had to wait for my train longer than many others, so I also stayed in the hotel a bit longer. The con people that were left were standing around in the parking lot talking and saying goodbye when Paul came with his blue trolley bag and a brown leather bag around his shoulders. He put his things into the car of one of the organisers who’d drive him to the airport and came back to say goodbye and “take care”. We waved when he left and he waved back. Very funny.

But what I have to say is that the con, as great as it was, destroyed the SGA illusion a bit for me. Now that I met Paul, talked to him and saw him clowning around it’s harder for me to see him as Carson when I think about the show.

And now the fangirl in me is speaking:
          Paul’s eyes are amazing! I knew that from the pics of course, but woaaaah, looking into these eyes when he stands in front of you is even more intense!

And another thing I have to say: He looks much thinner in real life. I knew that the camera adds weight, but you can’t imagine the difference until you see it!

And he’s smaller than me.

Oh, and Paul brought pics with him that I hadn't seen before - photos of him! Very hot!!! A photoshoot in black and white - I melted! But you could only buy them toegther with an autograph (=expensive), and heck, I really couldn't afford to buy them all, because I had spent so much money already. I ended up buying one of the pics anyway, but they were all so great, it was hard to decide which one to take.

Bye, A.

P.S. And now I'll go and cry a bit because of the (not so much) 'news' regarding Beckett. The news are spreading fast. It's so strange, I saw Paul on that con, and he said he couldn't talk about the whole thing and we all expected the worst, and then, at the same time, this producer spills the beans at another con. The German website Stargate-project posted the info now, too. It really sounds like a fact now, even though there's still no official confirmation.

Comment

*hugs all thunkers*
            (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))
            im away for a few days and i come back to all the sad stuff...why do they have to do that to PM....

Comment

Arlessiar - I can completely relate to what you're saying, having just met him at a con myself. I think he is even better looking in person than when he's playing Carson.

The only thing I can't relate to is when you said he's smaller than you, he is quite a bit taller than me. In fact, he was the perfect height to hug.

And just to prove it, here's a picture I got taken with him at the con. I've put it in spoilers as it's quite big.

Spoiler:

Comment

I can agree that Paul looks a lot different in real life...he's thinner, and his eyes are even bluer and twinkle with a little mischief

I'm 5'5, he's 5'10 or thereabouts...perfect hug height
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

i have to say...the hair is better in person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yup, Paul is definitly even better looking in person...he's got the most fabulous eyes!

Comment

What a great pic, Nel!!

And ahh, I'm so jealous of all of you who've gotten meet Paul. But thanks for sharing all of your stories! Love reading them.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                      "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by Nel View Post
                        The only thing I can't relate to is when you said he's smaller than you, he is quite a bit taller than me. In fact, he was the perfect height to hug.
                        And just to prove it, here's a picture I got taken with him at the con. I've put it in spoilers as it's quite big.
                        A very cute pic!

And yeah, I'm kinda tall, I'm 1,81m (don't know how much that is in inches), and he was smaller than me. In fact I have a funny story about that - I'll tell it when I post my pic of Paul and me, I just need to scan it first.

Bye, A.

Comment

can i hang out here to .... i love paul

i'm so joing the save becket cause
                          Last edited by parisindy; 20 November 2006, 03:50 PM.
                          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Oh gawd, I still can't get over the news. ._. Now I have to think of it everytime I see Carson and can't squee in delight about his adorable personality.

Yeah, Paul was awesome! =D Which kinda makes it even worse. x_X He was extremely nice, a little playful even (he brushed my hair aside and pinched my cheek, omg! XD *still can't get over the shock* And he called ME cheeky afterwards, heh). I feel really sorry for him now, having to see all those hopeful fans during the last cons and knowing all along that Carson is... well... ): *sigh*

I'm making myself depressed here. Some pictures to lighten the mood (unfortunately the lighting was really bad during the panels, so please excuse the bad quality of it all):

The cutest thing was when he tried to bend down to get his water bottle. Oh my, he looks just like a school girl when he tries to not to let people peek under his kilt!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                              can i hang out here to .... i love paul

i'm so joing the save becket cause
                              of course! welcome to the thread! hope you enjoy your stay.

Loving the pictures leelakin! Can't get over how good he looks in the kilt!

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                              "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

*is in mood to post pics with sad/worried Beckett*

yeah i'm in one of those moods hehe.

but hoping it's all an elaborate smoke screen to gauge how much the fans like the character. lol...wishful thinking.

Comment

Working...
                                X