No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^thanks for the screen caps, Hypercaz!! I have more pics of him to drool over tonight!!
    Just sitting here at the computer..typing my life away!

Comment

ahh! awesome caps HyperCaz!! He looks great! Can't wait to actually get to see the episode now

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
      "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Wow! Cap overdose! Thanks Caz!

*fans self*

Gah, I can't wait to see it! Just a few hours...

Comment

I loved Return pt 2 -- I just hope they'll see what a mistake it is to lose such a fabulous character as Carson.

Remember folks -- you can write more than one letter as time goes by. Keep the whole thing in front of them as they start writing season four.
          Mice
          Slash Rodent from Heck

http://www.squidge.org/mice

Comment

Thanks for the screencaps Caz!!!

I wanna see that episode!!!
            I wanna see it!!!
            I wanna see it!!!
            I wanna see it!!!

*Bounces around the room like a pogo stick*

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
              I wanna see that episode!!!
              I wanna see it!!!
              I wanna see it!!!
              I wanna see it!!!
              :ad, pathetic ol' US SciFi victim sitting over here::

And they wonder why there's such a problem with piracy.... :olishing halo::

Thanks for the caps! I avoided reading the comments, but rather enjoyed the pictures. My goodness, but he looks GREAT!

Comment

Where are you from rosie???

I mean it says in your location but...well I guess its like me saying that I live in Wigan in the UK. Only some British people know where that is, and even less Americans.

People in the US are so unlucky. They get it last...

Comment

Since everybody has been discussing this freely...I feel safe in dispensing with the spoiler tags....

You know, Carson was never my favorite character on the show (although by far not my least favorite) but when I heard about his departure from the show I was seriously "unhappy". If the character has "nowhere to go," as writer's often assert, then it is their own damn fault. What makes them think that they can write this new character any better than they wrote the old one? If they aren't willing to invest the time, they aren't willing to invest the time no matter what the name of the character or who plays him/her. We all know it's pretty much the Rodney show anyway with some Sheppard thrown in for good measure. No doubt this new lady will be for McKay somehow. With the addition of Carter next season as well, McKay is just going to take over.

The truth of the matter is, I didn't realize how important Beckett was to the Atlantis family until I found out he was out. He truly is the heart of the show...and one of the funniest, sweetest characters I've seen on tv, let alone on a sci-fi show. I'm really scared that I won't recognize SGA when season 4 rolls around...and that's a shame because with SG1's departure, I really want a sci-fi show that I can enjoy every week (I like BSG but I don't know if I really "enjoy" it....). This is a very bad decision on TPTB's part...with their ratings in trouble, I don't know if this was the best decision they could have made.

I'm just worried about who's next? Zelenka, Lorne, Teyla (seems likely...what with the overabundance of estrogen coming in season 4). Sorry for the rant....this just makes me angry. What happened to the days when we would get a cast and KEEP it...and not feel the need to keep changing it up and killing off characters. Damn you LOST and 24 (who I'm still bitter at after this last season).

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

VERY good point!!!

BTW. I like your sig.

Comment

Where are you from rosie???
                      Lilburn is a suburb of Atlanta, Georgia; home of DragonCon.

I used to put Atlanta on everything, but I've discovered that there is a bit of a bad reputation for Atlanta in the US. So I try to keep it innocuous.

By the way, it was at DragonCon that I realized just how adorable Paul is. I've always enjoyed Carson Beckett, but Paul? ::thunk::

He honestly looks completely different in person. It boggles the mind how different he looks on camera. Those eyes are fairly devestating to gaze upon. (As I've seen others attest in this thread.)

And he is truly one of the kindest people. I'd run out of funds by the time I got to the Walk of Fame. (What they call the autograph area at DragonCon.) He had no one at his table. So I went up to thank him for SGA and we just talked and talked about everything; even though I couldn't buy an autograph from him.

He was also quite amusing teasing Alexis Cruz who wandered in a bit late for the Sunday morning panel. (This is DragonCon, after all. The partying has taken out more than one celebrity!)

At any rate, more than you probably wanted to know...

Comment

People in the US are so unlucky. They get it last...
                        oh, the irony!

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                        The truth of the matter is, I didn't realize how important Beckett was to the Atlantis family until I found out he was out.
                        I have been thinking along the same lines.

HyperCaz - awesome caps!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

I am truly dumbfounded that they are doing this to Beckett especialy as they know the kind of fanbase that he has equired over the last 2+ years.
                          Do they really think getting rid of a popular character is going to boost ratings?

Note to TPTB if it aint broken don't fix it!

Comment

Originally posted by Hanna_of_the_Tau'ri View Post
                            I am truly dumbfounded that they are doing this to Beckett especialy as they know the kind of fanbase that he has equired over the last 2+ years.
                            Do they really think getting rid of a popular character is going to boost ratings?

Note to TPTB if it aint broken don't fix it!
                            I completely agree Hannah - and welcome to all the new people who have come here to show their appreciation of Carson.

And thanks Caz for the caps - they cheered me up today.

Comment

Thank you for posting those caps, HyperCaz!!

Comment

Originally posted by rosiewook View Post
                                He was also quite amusing teasing Alexis Cruz who wandered in a bit late for the Sunday morning panel. (This is DragonCon, after all. The partying has taken out more than one celebrity!)

At any rate, more than you probably wanted to know...
                                Hehe, well guess who was late for HIS morning panel last Sunday! (; Doug Abrahams had to go and wake him up. *lol* At 11am! Poor Paul really had a stressy day though, so no blame on him.
                                And yeah, he really does look different. o_o I mean, you DO recognize him, but he's even more handsome (and thinner!) in person!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X