No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, for the benefit of those who get blocked from livejournals...what does it say?!

Comment

even Carson needs a hug in these dark uncertain days...

Comment

Uncertain days???!!!

What did I miss?!

Comment

Originally posted by Titine View Post
          Ohhhh my Goddd, he's fabulous

Pic from Lizzy

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8574/00033rxakd9.jpg
          *whimpers* I'm really hoping he's abided by Scottish tradition!! *raises eyebrow and snickers!*
          sigpic

Comment

This is what it said...
            Spoiler:
            At GMex in Manchester this past weekend, N. John Smith was quoted as saying that Carson is going to disappear in the latter half of season three (presumably Vengeance, but we're not sure yet) although he is not necessarily going to die. The details of his demise, such as if it has anything to do with Michael or not, aren't clear yet. He said that nobody ever really dies in the Stargate universe, and that he'll likely be back for future eps, but that he's losing his place as a regular in season 4.

Gah... I'm so depressed. I feel like going out and eating a quart of ice cream... with poor Carson.

Comment

They're making a HUGE mistake doing this to Beckett!!
              sigpic

Comment

I tend to agree, Katy. But think of it this way - how else is Beckett's character going to grow?

Spoiler for speculation:
                Spoiler:
                Bringing him close to the brink of death, all alone and hopefully a prisoner in the hands of the Wraith or turned by the Asurans or something, seems like it'd be the best way of expanding his character right now. I would applaud the writers for really sticking the character in this kind of situation if I wasn't so scared that he was really going to be gone for good.

The point is, if the writer's think that his character is going nowhere, then something needs to be done about it. And something is being done now, one way or another.
                I swear to you all, though, that if they do actually kill his character, I will see to it that he's properly resurrected in my fics. *grumbles*

Comment

NOOOOOOOO. Oh, damnit. DDDDD: This kinda spoils my good mood today.

In other news, I met Paul yesterday and the day before at a con in Germany. He even did a photoshoot session in his kilt (ZOMG) and wore it during one of the two panels 8D. I have several squeesome kilt pics of him, if you'd like some.

...BUT OMG NO, SAVE CARSON BECKETT! T_T Gah, I can't believe this. *heavy sigh* Ford is such an example for this situation about to happen to Carson. DDD: Look how often HE returns and how much he changed! I don't want loveable Carson to change. ._.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leelakin View Post
                    In other news, I met Paul yesterday and the day before at a con in Germany. He even did a photoshoot session in his kilt
                    You were there? Me too! I just came home, and wow, wasn't that great? I so want to go back and do it all again. This was my first con but surely not my last!

Paul is such a darling! The fangirl in me is still squeeing like mad! And he came on stage in his kilt!!! I also did the kilt photoshoot with him - so great! *grins like mad*

Unfortunately there wasn't much time to speak with Paul, not during the photoshoot and not during the autograph session. So I couldn't say hi from the thunk thread because we barely exchanged words at all, and there was something else I had to say to him that was really important to me. As some of you might know my life was a bit chaotic lately and I was really sad. This con was a nice distraction, and I laughed at lot, and Paul was one of the main reasons for that. So when I went to get his autograph yesterday in the evening, I thanked him for making me laugh after a crappy week (without inappropriate details of course, just this sentence, I wanted to stay respectful and not talk too much or about too personal stuff or whatever, but I simply had to thank him somehow). He took my hands in his, looked me in the eye and said that he wishes me all the best and that he hopes that things look up for me soon. Then he signed the pictures and wrote "I hope you'll have many days with smiles" on it. Nice, not? It certainly cheered me up. Then I left because other people were waiting for their turn.

I hope I'll have time for the long report and scanning/downloading the pics too. But I'm still not back in the real world.

Concerning the LJ comment about what one of the producers said about Paul's future on SGA - can I say that this is bad bad bad bad news and that I hate this? Because I really do. Nothing's confirmed yet officially, but I really don't get my hopes up any longer (and I had hopes thatit isnt true). There have been too many comments and signs now indicating that we'll have to say goodbye to Beckett. And of course Paul was asked about the rumours on the German con, too. He answered as he did before, that he couldn't answer the question but that TPTB listen to the fans and such, but then he got things mixed up a bit and said that he "cannot deny the rumours", and really, doesn't that say lot? And, even worse, he said (and this is a quote) "I had a great time". Had. I nearly cried. And the whole room was silent afterwards. Paul was quick to make a funny comment then to distract us, and that worked of course. But still...

Bye, A., still on a con-high and yet having the con-blues at the same time
                    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Hi everyone!!
                      I was wondering if anyone had any news on Paul,
                      Spoiler:
                      Theres rumors goin around that he wasnt signed for season 4 thats why Jewel might take over his place but that he may come back in a later season? Doesn anyone know why he isnt coming back or migh come back in the season 4?
                      part of:
                      Unique Bond fansite Graphics Com ShepMagan Icons

wanna sig? pm me and ill make u one

Comment

It´s bad news I still hoped that everything is only panic of fans but I can see it could be really true.
                        But I will still watch Atlantis. I don´t want to destroy show with still good potencial bc of this...I think it´s big mistake but I won´t give up of my favorite show. There are so many things to watch (cough Rodney, cough Radek) but I would miss Carson. I didn´t write anywhere yet but I will certainly do it soon.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

ok can i just say
                          Spoiler:
                          WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY THINKING???? they cant get rid of carson!!!!!!!!nooooooooooooooo im so depressed right now!

i know im a shep fan, but i just had to come and say carson is one of my fav characters too and i absolutely love him!!

Spoiler:
                          i cant believe tptb have been so stupid, fanfic will never be the same, the show will never be the same......i just....words cannnot comprehend how disappointed i am!

paul said TPTB listen to the fans....well they did when we wanted him to become a regular....and now this is how they repay us....yeh excuse me if i dont have much faith in them...
                          Spoiler:
                          been bitten too many times by them, when i was a fan of sg1 (not anymore) killing of janet was one of the biggest mistakes they made, and now theyve done it again...i feel so sorry for paul right now

this mixed with the fact that
                          Spoiler:
                          sg1 people are coming over to atlantis its just all too much, and has dimmed my faith in the show which is a shame cos i love it so much!
                          oh and im a shep whumper and love carson looking after him in the infirmary....now i cant imagine wanting any scenes in the infirmary without carson....its just not the same!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

I have to admit that I've been composing letters to send in my head all day. Just as well I didn't have to write any letters at work today, or they might not have been on the right topic!

Spoiler:
                            I feel that TPTB are making a mistake that will harm the show in the eyes of a lot of people. Although Carson isn't the number one favourite by any means, he is still very popular and is often people's second favourite character. By doing what has been reported, they may give him a moment of character growth, but that will be followed by a majority of episodes with no Carson. It was said he would be back for a few episodes, but they said that about Ford and they said that about Jonas. That sort of limbo situation is difficult on the actor, because they need to look for other work which could result in them not being available for the episodes they were meant to be in and so more episodes go by without them in it. All in all, it doesn't look good for Carson. And I think it is important that we write to TPTB as much as possible to let them know what we think. He was made a regular because of fan support, and now they've changed that, we need to let them know what we think.

Comment

I'm really hoping that the writers and producers are lurking, and somehow, now that the news has gotten out, I think they just might be. If they want to know how we feel about it, they'll come here and see every thread plastered with the phrase "NOOOOOOOOO!!! Not Carson!!!" And then maybe... just maybe... if we complain enough, they'll write him back into season 4.

I plan to write a letter to the producers telling them what I think, as soon as I can get a grasp of what exactly I want to say. I highly and STRONGLY suggest that anybody else who wants to write a letter to express their feelings, at least try to make it worded nicely. I'm sure that the last thing the writers and producers want to read is hate mail about all this, and I'm sure they were getting it before it was even announced.

And I've seen a few posts about people saying they hate Jewel Staite... I must admit, I don't think that I could feel good about liking her character being that she's going to basically be replacing him, but really now... What's the point in turning your anger on her for what's happening? I can only imagine the hate mail the poor lady's gonna get for all of this.

EDIT: Yay! Ding! 600 posts.

Comment

I just feel like crying!! This is the worst news.
                                Spoiler:
                                They can't make Carson "disapper." I know it's apparently different but it doesn't feel like that at all! It's such a Ford situation.
                                And my goodness can't we come up with something new?!?! Something that doesn't involve the disapperance, death or distruction of a character? Until this latest news I'd been keeping my hopes up that things were going to go our way but I guess not. It just makes the fall even that harder.

And yes I feel bad for JS. I have nothing against her and actually enjoy her in Firefly but the spot she's going to be trying to fill is not going to garner her fans very easily.

on a happier note, congrats on the 600 Jersey 13!
                                Last edited by cshawzye; 20 November 2006, 08:26 AM.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                                "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Working...
                                X